[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tokyo Godfathers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Are there any portugese or spanish or whatever this lady is speaking during this and other scenes speaking people here that can translate what this chick and I think her son say in the movie?

I've looked through numerous translations and I've not found one that also translates what the fuck these people are saying. I need clarity. It's fucking proposterous that these translating teams don't know at least ONE person that speaks a hispanic language and can ask them for help for a small effort like this. Tokyo Godfathers thread.
>>
SOMEBODY HELP ME, PLEASE. I WILL KEEP MAKING THIS THREAD UNTIL I GET RESULTS.
>>
Sure
Just post the clips
I can't believe no one has made it, though
>>
>>134600920
Allright, give me a second.
>>
>>134600920
All right, if you own the movie, I'll tell you where to find them. If not, I'll post a stream video to work off from.

First part is at 28:46 to 29:05 where the guy with a gun is asking the homeless girl something

Second part is 32:34 to 32:41 where they're in a taxi

Third part is 33:17 to 33:25 where they're going into his apartment

Fourth part is 35:34 to 36:20 where the homeless girl is in the apartment talking to the hispanic mother

Fifth part is 37:52 to 39:14 where they're still talking

Sixth part is 41:10 to 41:30 where the mother is seeing her off

Here's a stream to work off from if you don't own it.
http://www.veoh.com/watch/v19669490tZ6j9kwg
>>
Any updates, my man?
>>
>>134602629
28:46-29:05
Lets see.. Hush the baby now
I won't kill you if if you don't scream
I'll use you as hostages just for a bit
Take off the coat first
Take off your coat!
Come on, now, help me
>>
>>134601810
Fifth: Is she your mother? I think you will be as beautiful as her. Is this you? You've gotten really thin! Teach me how! And what's up with this? What happened? It's nothing, cry. We adults need to cry sometimes too. I something wrong with her?

Sixth part: Is she the mother or the father?
>>
>>134602825
32:34-33:33 (2 & 3)
It's crying so much, give it some milk, no?
It wants milk, right?

Maria! I've got some visitors!
Come in!

Calm down, I'm not going to harm you, come inside!
>>
It was pretty normal stuff, expressing concern and what not. I'm cuban so i barely noticed that it was a issue ahah, not much to worry about though it doesnt add up to the plot.
>>
>>134603273
Well, that's fine for you, but for the non-spanish speaking people watching it, it's annoying missing what could be crucial character development.

It's even more irritating considering the people who subbed this deliberately glossed over this when they're supposed to be TRANSLATING THE MOVIE.
>>
>>134603253
35:34-36:26
How is the baby called?
Anyway, poor girl. You don't need to talk.

He's called Mario, its the dad.
It doesn't look like it, though, he's just like a big kid.

That's my father
(Japanese & English speech)

-
Glad we were helpful
>>
>>134603519
You're supposed to feel like the girl, not knowing what they hell they're saying. It's done very intentionally you turboautist.
>>
>>134603677
Well, I did, the first time I watched it. On multiple viewings though, I would like to know what they said. I'm sorry if that upsets you.

>>134602825
>>134603253
>>134603667
>>134603165
Thank you all very much. You were very kind.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.