[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can any Servant defeat a serious Gilgamesh?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: Gilgamesh.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.jpg
141 KB, 1280x720
Can any Servant defeat a serious Gilgamesh?
>>
>>134585977
Oda Nobunaga
>>
>>134585977
Shaka Zulu
>>
>>134585977
Ivan Turbinca could destroy Gilgamesh easily.
>>
>>134585977
Hercules
>>
>>134586720
Nah Ivan has him beat, though I wouldnt call him a hero of justice.
>>
Scathach and the Alter Egos.
>>
>>134585977
High schooler defeated him so why the fuck not
>>
File: FINAL ROUND.jpg (152 KB, 1024x1152) Image search: [Google]
FINAL ROUND.jpg
152 KB, 1024x1152
>>134587285
>Scathach
>>
>>134587291
Gilgamesh wasn't serious then. That's the point.
>>
>>134585977
Karna.
>>
Enkidu and True Archer
>>
File: 1449691691831.png (125 KB, 295x295) Image search: [Google]
1449691691831.png
125 KB, 295x295
EMIYA
>>
Based Jets
>>
Karna, Arjuna, Emiya, Arturia (Avalon), Archer Heracles, Tamamo, zerk Lancelot, Gawain, True Archer, Proto Arthur, Elizabeth Bathory, Achilles and many more
>>
>>134589180
hurr durr he wasnt serious
Yeah thats why i said he can be defeated by any high school faggot with little power
>>
there's no such a thing as a "serious Gilgamesh"
he's so overconfident that he will always ALWAYS wthout fail, understimate his opponents 100% of the time.
>>
File: 1437124825520.png (416 KB, 800x789) Image search: [Google]
1437124825520.png
416 KB, 800x789
>>134589550
Could wormJETS beat a serious Gil?
>>
>>134590083
Probably she'll rape him to death.
>>
>>134585977
EA at full power can fuck up 3 galaxies at the same time, that means he can 1 shot the local group. That's why he is the king of the jobbers
>>
>>134585977
Serious Archer Herakles and maybe Nobunaga.
>>
>>134590005

Such a stupid excuse for a final boss
>>
>>134590527
Except if he tried to do that Alaya would deploy CG's and fuck him over
>>
>>134590527
wat
>>
>>134590745
>>134590763

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kiAcwtcfJ4 Fast foward to 1:48

I only read the 3 main routes and fate/zero, but according to fatefags extra CCC is canon
>>
>>134589623
>Karna
Yes
>Arjuna
Don't know anything about him
>Emiya
Maybe
Arturia (Avalon)
Maybe
Archer Heracles
Yes
>Tamamo
Normal no, full Amaterasu is cheating cause that's beyond servants
>zerk Lancelot
Lolno
>Gawain
Lolno
>True Archer
not enough about him is known yet
>Proto Arthur
Probably not
>Elizabeth Bathory
Who?
>Achilles
Cause he isn't famous for his weakness
>>
>>134585977

Enkidu.
Archer Heracles.
Maybe Karna and Arjuna.
>>
File: 1420187640929.jpg (88 KB, 660x374) Image search: [Google]
1420187640929.jpg
88 KB, 660x374
Heroic Spirit FRAGA of the Boxer Class.

There isn't a counter in the world for "Fist"
>>
>>134591076
Full powered Gawain wipes the floor with him
>>
>>134590931
>>134590527
They are stated to be three giant force fields you humungous retard, not galaxies.
>>
>>134591076
>>Elizabeth Bathory
>Who?

this nigga serious?
>>
File: 1420661375250.jpg (42 KB, 811x316) Image search: [Google]
1420661375250.jpg
42 KB, 811x316
>>134591513
>>
>>134589734
If he was serious, he would have opened with Ea and fucked everything over in moments.
>>
>>134591676
He'd have his arm chopped off.
UBW being deployed means that Gilgamesh has lost, he just doesn't know it yet.
>>
>>134587804
>Dat Lancer's luck
Is there any lancer servant with B or above luck?
>>
>>134591676
A serious Gilgamesh doesn't open up with Ea. He carefully surmises the situation and utilizes the NP most suited for the opponent at hand, utilizing minimal force to achieve maximum results. Whether the NP he needs is Ea is another matter.
>>
>>134591832
See
>>134591593
>>
>>134586016
Oda's a strong anti-mystery Servant, but, Gil can just wipe her out with an anti-anti-mystery Noble Phantasm.
>>
Against a SERIOUS Gilgamesh? Probably not.

The main problem is Ea. Serious Gilgamesh equates to Ea. As far as I know, the only Noble Phantasm capable of defending against that is Avalon.

If Gilgamesh was actually 100% serious, he'd shoot off an Enuma Elish before Archer ever got a chance to finish his chant.
>>
File: Lancer_fate_Gay_Bulge.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Lancer_fate_Gay_Bulge.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Archer rolfstomps serious Gilgamesh.
All he needs to do, is to trace a weapon that gives him Protection From Arrows at rank E+.
This isn't even a contest.

Any hero with Protection from Arrows will fuck the shit out of Gilgamesh, because it forces him into melee.
>>
File: WrhW15x.jpg (136 KB, 1299x1846) Image search: [Google]
WrhW15x.jpg
136 KB, 1299x1846
>>134585977
Well if she was summoned as a monster class he'd be fucked.
>>
>>134592064
No. Fragarach only works on trump cards. The Noble Phantasms in Gate of Babylon's vault are just disposable tools to him.

Also, he'd probably immediately recognize Fragarach the moment Bazett set it up.
>>
>>134592087
Except Gilgamesh beat Lancer. Took him a day, but Lancer still lost.
>>
>>134591850
How does GoB work ? In the VN the only NP he use is Ea, he just throw the other. Can he use their power or is he only able to do that with Ea ? I remember someone saying he's an owner not an user so he's not able to use the NP or something like that.
>>
>>134592221
Putting aside Ea, which is his actual trump card, Gilgamesh is actually using Gate of Babylon wrong. On purpose.

A serious Gilgamesh (i.e., Child Gilgamesh) wouldn't just shoot a bunch of swords like missiles. He'd analyze the Servant (he can do that, remember?) and strike them with the appropriate Noble Phantasm. The reason he's so strong (again, aside from Ea) is that he has the prototypes for nearly every Noble Phantasm. This means that he has weapons that just about every Servant is weak against.
>>
File: Portal_physics_in_action.jpg (46 KB, 884x424) Image search: [Google]
Portal_physics_in_action.jpg
46 KB, 884x424
>>134592148
A Lancer which could not fight back.
Fate is filled with this bullshit to make the story work

Lancer not instagibbing Archer in the prologue(saved by Shirou)
Archer injured by Saber
Saber and Assassin not completing their duel
Shinji being a bumbling retard, with no idea how insane his servant is even while crippled
Medea literally camping.
We never get to see Ilyas POV, so we have no perspective on Berserker
Gil needs to kill Medea before she gets anywhere, to continue the plot. He also needs to backstab her to do so.
Kotomine literally ruining the war. So anything with Lancer

>>134592221
>>134592294
1. He has any man made mythical prototype in his Vault

2. He can activate all of them

3. He has no idea on how to wield them as weapons(beyond the obvious)

4. He can't pull out what he has in there, he needs to find it first, hence shooting random weapons. I.E he needed to find Gram in his own vault, otherwise he could not have pulled it out to show it to Saber

5. Which again means if Gil needs something special, he needs to search his vault ahead of time to find it, and only then he can pull out what he wants.
>>
>>134592294
>Gilgamesh is actually using Gate of Babylon wrong. On purpose.
The more supplement material we get, the more we see Gil can't use GoB the intended way, simply because he has no way of getting what he wants out of the Vault.

I.E If he needs a Dragon Slayer weapon, his best bet is to shoot random weapons until 1 Dragon Slayer of some kind drops out, and then retrieve it for further it.
Gil know where the Dragon Slayer is at this point.
But that doesn't mean he can use it.
>>
>>134585977

No.
Or, at least: it's highly unlikely.
>>
Then Gil have EA and Ekidou saved as favorites?
>>
>>134592524
It's just carelessness. Child-Gil is weaker but more dangerous because he just uses the weapons properly.

>"Since he is in child form, his mana is somewhat lacking so he can't summon a great amount of Noble Phantasms, but on the other hand he uses them better. That is, he doesn't have the skill Conceitful... Wait, isn't he actually stronger as a kid then...!?"
>>
>>134592364
>A Lancer which could not fight back.
He was released from that command after the first night. He had no such restrictions by the time he fought Gilgamesh. Same as when he fought Archer in UBW.

And it's not like Gilgamesh doesn't know ANYTHING about his vault. There are more than a few weapons that he's aware of, and as long as he's aware of them, he can draw them easily. Otherwise, he wouldn't be able to shoot them out the way he does.
>>
Speaking of Gil.
How is Caster!Gil going to work out?
Would he just switch from raining down swords to raining down gems, or would he actually cast spells?
I kind of want to see Gil using some ancient Divine Words.
>>
>>134592869
>Otherwise, he wouldn't be able to shoot them out the way he does.
You have no evidence, that he doesn't shoot random things.

>He was released from that command after the first night.
In UBW he didn't get released before he "died". IE
>>
>>134593067
I'm expecting the unified language so he just tells everything what to do, or he just "casts sword".
>>
>>134593067
Caster!Gil
Wait what. What'd I miss?
>>
>>134593070
Read the Archer VS Lancer fight again. The narration explicitly mentions that in the first night, he was held back by a command spell stating that he must fight each Servant, but not kill any of them, and escape alive. That spell no longer held him back after the first night because it was limited just to that one night. He fought Archer with the full power granted to him as Kotomine's Servant (i.e., the mana pool of a guy who's got two Servants at once).

The same should hold true during the fight against Gilgamesh in the Fate route.

At any rate, he's not just shooting them off at random. During the fight against Berserker, every weapon he used was A-rank, which means he knows the ranks of all the weapons he uses. As long as there's a myth or legend closely tied to a treasure, Gil can draw it out easily. The reason he can't draw out Karna's weapon is because there are no myths associated with him using it. There are no descriptions of it, ergo Gilgamesh has no idea what it looks like or how it works even though he owns it.
>>
File: Fate_saber_.gif (843 KB, 192x256) Image search: [Google]
Fate_saber_.gif
843 KB, 192x256
>>134593257
>The same should hold true during the fight against Gilgamesh in the Fate route.
Then why did Gil not take Cu serious? Why was he stuck in that Church for 12 hours?

>During the fight against Berserker, every weapon he used was A-rank
Thats never confirmed either. All we know is that he shot a lot of weapons at Berserker, and some pierced him. The VN never makes it clear if any bounce of, or why they would bounce of.
It also ends with a proto Gay Bulg as the finisher.
>>
>>134593360
Gil never takes anyone seriously in Fate/stay night or Fate/Zero.
>>
>>134593402
He takes Medea seriously enough to kill the shit out of her in Stay Night, with a Backstab.
He takes Sakura serious in Heavens Feel, and wins, but it turns out being dead is hard
>>
In bed? Yes.
>>
>>134589734

>Shirou
>little power

please
>>
the reason shero is able to fuck his harem in peace is because kek king never takes anyone serious? That sounds incredibly retarded

I dont know if he does this in the vn but in the anime it was at least shown that he tried to use that drill weapon (ea?)
>>
>>134592364
Wouldn't the second one plop too?
>>
>>134593360
It should hold true. As stated, as long as there's a myth or legend tied to a treasure, Gil can draw it with ease. Not to mention, there are plenty of weapons that Gil personally collected in his lifetime, so it stands to reason that he knows how to draw them.

As long as it's a well-known weapon, Gil can find it easily. On the other hand, if it's a weapons that's only mentioned by name in a myth but is never actually described in any amount of detail, then Gilgamesh can't draw it. After all, he has no clue what it is.

>>134593447
He didn't take Medea "seriously". She was a nuisance and she was about to sully his Saber, so he got her out of the way like a piece of trash on the roadside. If Gilgamesh shoot swords at you all willy-nilly, that means he's not taking you seriously. Shooting swords is the first stage. It means he sees you as little more than an insect. It's when he starts drawing out specific weapons to counter you that you can tell he's starting to take you even slightly seriously.
>>
>>134585977
>serious Gilgamesh

So, a Gilgamesh who always wears his armour and uses Ea as his opener?

Yeh, there really isnt anyone who could take that. Heck, Nasu went on record and stated that Gil would be huge trouble for even Arc due to his utterly mental levels of pure Firepower.
>>
>>134593540
2nd one carries momentum.
First one the portal has momentum.
>>
king david steals gate of babylon with his jew powers noble phantasm

gg, no re
>>
Diarmuid!
>>
>>134593601
>As stated, as long as there's a myth or legend tied to a treasure, Gil can draw it with ease.
Not really.
What is stated is that if there can exist a prototype by Human hands, it can exist.

I.E In Nasuverse, Excalibur is based on Gram. So Gil draws Proto gram.
However the Sheat is original fairy made, so Gil has no Caliburn sheat. The same applies to Caliburn, Gil has no Caliburn.

>Gil can draw it with ease.
Clearly not with "ease" when Shirou kills him while he is drawing EA. Or Sakura killing him.
Nor is it ever implied he can find things in his Vault. Theoretically it contains everything. But we already know thats a no limit fallacy that isn't true.
We also know he didn't pull out anything spesific against Shirou in UBW, which again means he is just throwing random stuff.
The same against Zero Berserker.
>>
There is literally only one instance of a truly serious Gilgamesh in all of TYPE-MOON. Just one.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eJM-ppLPTs
>"Is this really so unexpected a development, woman? Then how about another? A development that shall shake the very foundations of the world itself."
>"I shall no longer be a mere observer any longer. BB. Whatever your intentions, you have already become my enemy."
>"[Player]. Once before, I told you that this was your battle alone. You shall forget that now. Your enemy is my enemy as well. I shall lend you my strength, O Nameless Master. For this point on, I shall be your sword!"

>"Behold, and quiver in awe! For now is the time to see the true worth of the man you have forged a contract with!"

A truly serious Gilgamesh who will use his Noble Phantasm at any time at his Master's command. That's the true serious Gilgamesh that you all wanted to see.
>>
Nope, I recall reading quite some years back in Nasu's blog that not a single Servant would be able to defeat a Gilgamesh that is serious.

This was of course written before Extra, and is taking into account the limitations of the Fuyuki Grail, and thus summoning gods isn't a possibility.

The ones capable of defeating Gilgamesh or going one-on-on with him are:
- Gods (though Gil may be able to defeat some lesser gods)
- True Ancestors
- Types
- Enkidu
>>
>>134593932
This is all stated in Fate/EXTRA CCC, which was written by Nasu.

And Gate of Babylon only has a slight time lag when drawing weapons out of it. Unlimited Blade Works just happens to be faster, that's all.
>>
>>134593664
30% Arc only. Warc and any other stronger form of Arc rekts.
>>
>>134594008
Gods can't normally become Servants. At least, not in the context of Fate/stay night and its associated canons.

In Fate/EXTRA gods CAN be Servants, but they usually have restrictions, Caster being the most notable example. For some reason, though, Savior was able to bypass those restrictions.
>>
>>134593932
>I.E In Nasuverse, Excalibur is based on Gram.
Wrong, Caliburn was based on Gram.
Excalibur (and Avalon) was made by fairies, and thus Gil cannot have it.
>>
>>134593932
Human treasures and NP prototypes are two separate things. If it's a NP owned by a hero, he has it because they had to be passed down to said heroes. The only explicit exceptions are VS because he's missing a .dll for it and God Hand because it's Heracles' life embodied.
>>
>>134594067
There has never once been anything stated that fairy weapons lack prototypes. That's weirdly common fanon.
>>
There is but one who can defeat Gilgamesh. Enkidu.
>>
>>134594120
Whatever the case, Excalibur is a crystallization of man's dreams. The fairies created from scratch, no prototypes of it exist. And Gilgamesh doesn't own Excalibur himself, either. It and Avalon are Noble Phantasms that can only be held by King Arthur.
>>
>>134594169
Nothing like that has ever actually been stated. It's possible Gil doesn't have an Excalibur for SUPERSPECIALSNOWFLAKE reasons, but that isn't it.
>>
>>134594120
>There has never once been anything stated that fairy weapons lack prototypes.
I never said that, all I said was that the one based on Gram/Merodach wasn't Excalibur but Caliburn.
>>
>>134590005
read fate/strange fake
>>
File: Gil vs Excalibur.jpg (33 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Gil vs Excalibur.jpg
33 KB, 600x450
>>134585977
>>
>>134594228
It kinda has. The planet literally created Excalibur from the hopes of dreams of humanity as a weapon to oppose that which might threaten the planet. So unless Gilgamesh has the literal hopes of dreams of humanity in his vault, he does not have a prototype of Excalibur.

And Avalon is a literal piece of fairyland. Its prototype is literal fairlyland. I doubt Gil has that in his vault either.
>>
>>134594228
The sole reason Gil cannot own either Excalibur or Avalon is because neither are man-made.

If they were copied from any man-made weapon, Gil can have those, but not Excalibur or Avalon.
>>
>>134594335
According to EXTRA he has the essence of human ingenuity. (Collector)
>>
>>134591288
>full power gawain
>couldn't even beat lancelot even though he was invincible and had x3 higher stats.
shit taste
>>
>>134594361
He COULD possess them if he personally collected them himself. Ea, Enkidu, Vajra, etc., there are plenty of non-manmade weapons in his vault.
>>
>>134594335
He has something as vague as the "foundation for all swords that select kings". Having the "foundation for the gathering of hope" would hardly be super surprising. It will probably turn out Saber is like Heracles and Karna where Gil doesn't have her stuff for some reason, but it's unlikely to be for that reason.

>>134594361
People seem to mix this up a lot. The part about him owning all of humanity's stuff and the part about him owning all the NPs are in completely different parts of that profile. They are not dependent on each other.
>>
>>134594409
Neither Excalibur nor Avalon are the result of human ingenuity. It was literally the planet that created them. Same with Rhongowhatever.
>>
>>134585977
Hayato. He's the strongest servant.
>inb4 butlers aren't servants
>>
The jews.
With jews, you lose, no matter who you are.
>>
>>134592087
>trace a weapon that gives him protection from arrows
Such a weapon does not exist as far as we know and if it did gil would more than likely have a counter for it
>>
>>134594410
Lancelot's skill held off Gawain's power.

As far as swordsmanship goes, among the known Servants so far, the ranking goes: Sasaki Kojirou > Lancelot > Altria > Gawain
>>
>>134594473
Gil was a jew, before jews were jews.
>>
>>134594519
>Altria
This makes me angry. Please stop it.
>>
>>134594566
I do it because I love you, anon.
>>
File: Assassin_extra.png (1 MB, 950x1777) Image search: [Google]
Assassin_extra.png
1 MB, 950x1777
>>134585977

Li Shuwen sneaks up on him and punches him to death.
>>
File: MUHLEGION.jpg (742 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
MUHLEGION.jpg
742 KB, 640x960
>>134585977
黄金の獣に対して、ただの偽物なんだ
>>
>>134585977
It's hard to say because we don't really have a firm picture of what a serious Gil is actually like.

Like, there are some contenders such as Archer Herc but against a theoretical Gil who is being intelligent and actively countering his enemy's strength with strategic use of GoB?

Like, there are some very obviously powerful NPs out there that Gil just can't ignore but the specific contents of GoB are so varied and Ill described that it's hard to say what he can or can't just laugh off. Whose to say Gil can't respond to Nine Lives accordingly if he's aware that Herc has it? All we've really seen from him is him fucking around with enemies far below his weight class.
>>
>>134594901
Yes we do.

If a Serious Gil is a Gil who puts aside his pride and serves the Master he respects and adores with all his power, who will destroy all of his Master's enemies as if they were his very own, then >>134593964 is a very strong example of a "Serious Gil".
>>
File: irish showdown.jpg (432 KB, 1024x1152) Image search: [Google]
irish showdown.jpg
432 KB, 1024x1152
>>
>>134595008
Optimal Cu > Optimal Deermud > Japan Fastwheels Deermud > Japan Koto Cu
>>
>>134595008
Lancer is the fastest of all Lancers, and has a savage fighting style.

Also, he has the better Noble Phantasm. Gae Bolg is basically superior to Gae Buidhe in every way. And Diarmuid doesn't really have the Luck or Instinct to avoid getting gibbed by Gae Bolg's causality-reversing super-strike.
>>
>>134595072
But what about dem runes.
>>
>>134595145
>Lancer is the fastest of all Lancers,
>>
File: 1431389388110.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1431389388110.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
>>134595008
Cu>Diarmud
Emiya>Gil
Medusa>Alex
Medea>Gilles
Herc>Lance
Kojiro&Hassan>>>>>>>>>>4th Hassan

Not even trying to be a fanboy, but the 5th war servants have really good matchups against their 4th war counterparts
>>
File: 1439312261627.jpg (465 KB, 1200x807) Image search: [Google]
1439312261627.jpg
465 KB, 1200x807
>>134595338
Against Lancer: It was an unbelievable honor to have a bout with the Prince of Light... I will cherish this memory deeply.

Against Zero Lancer: You're an even more beautiful and skilled young warrior than the rumors say. However, Fionn man Cumhail also gave into his urges, losing many an easy battle due to spite.
>>
>>134595008
Not a weapons expert, but isn't dual wielding spears/staves really ineffective? Even if you had the strength to not be encumbered, you'd just be limited using one hand on each.
>>
ENKIDU

After which he can pound Gil's boipussy
>>
>>134585977
Nobunaga might have a small chance, but the only Servant that you should bet on beating serious Gil is Enkidu.
>>
>>134595338
Emiya really does have all the perfect traits for going against Gilgamesh. He's a mere human, not a born warrior or a fated hero. Just some nameless nobody who's really good at making counterfeits. There is literally no way in the six hells that Gilgamesh would ever take such a mongrel among mongrels seriously. I mean, if he had EXTRA's protagonist as a Master, then maybe, but under Tokiomi? Fuck no.

Cu Chulainn is the Irish equivalent of Hercules. Not a fair contest.

Medusa VS Alexander, I dunno. It's hard to gauge that. It kinda depends on whether there's anyone in Ionioi Hetairoi who can break through the defenses of a unicorn with the magical endurance of a dragon.

Hercules is OP man.

Kojiro's so skilled that he could probably beat Lancelot in a fair swordfight.
>>
>>134595437

If the real diarmuid could do it, the anime version can too.
>>
>>134595524
Alex (and his army) is either instakilled by Mystic Eyes or run over by Bellerophon. Pretty cut and dry. He'd also be too slow to hit her in a 1v1 no NPs Final Destination match.
>>
>>134595145
>Lancer is the fastest of all Lancers
>>
>>134595437
In the myth he generally didn't use both of them at once.

But there's also the fact to consider that a not-insignificant amount of spears WERE used one-handed. Like the phalanx.
>>
This is all pretty cool but could Gil defeat Saitama?
Could anyone stop from just punching the earth dead?
>>
>>134594297
>Saber
>Defeating a serious gil.
>>
>>134596259
>losing with Avalon
It's makes it user literally invincible.
>>
>>134594448
that is the prototype of caliburn wich i think is merodach.
excalibur has no prototype
>>
>>134596364
for 1 second
>>
>>134595815
Arc.
>>
File: CSUmyCNU8AAXEuo.jpg (94 KB, 600x687) Image search: [Google]
CSUmyCNU8AAXEuo.jpg
94 KB, 600x687
>>134595815
>>
BB.
>>
>>134591076
Proto Arthur wipes the floor with him.
>>
>>134594062
>>134594008

CCC Gil confirms he CAN beat gods that are younger than he is.
>>
>>134596465
No.
It makes Saber immortal. She healed Ea injuries in minutes.
It also restores her prana levels, so she can sit on it and be untouched. Nasu went over this. That's why King Arthur was called "The undefeated King." You got to be dumb to lose it as she did.
>>
>>134596259
Did you read the VN? Gil himself confirmed he was fighting her with all his power. He was angry after she kicked his face.
>>
>>134596465
Says who? There are no limits to Avalon's power, it's by far the most broken thing in the Nasuverse.

It's an absolute defense above all other forms of magic, which includes time.

It has an "EX" rating but really should be "EX+" .
>>
>>134596781
>restores her prana levels
Wait, it does?
So she's basically running on infinite magical energy while she has it?
>>
>>134585977

>Serious Gil
>Ruthless and cheating Saber
>Lucky Lancer
>Utilitarian Shirou
>Impulsive Archer
>Smart Berserker
>Mobile Fake Assassin
>Frontally attacking True Assassin
>Air-head Kuzuki
>Frigid Sakura
>Tech genius Rin
>Non-virgin Taiga
>Well endowed Illya
>Relevant Luvia
>Able to experience happiness normally Kirei
>Not Souichiro-sama's waifu Caster
>etc.
>>
didn't Gil have a fuck ton of command spells stored in a thing inside of GoB?
>>
>>134596962
Pretty much ya. Every time Avalon is used the user is transported to Avalon the location where Merlin describes the amount of magic present to be "overwhelming" and "drowning".
It's why when Shirou and Saber use/project Avalon they immediately become rejuvenated with magic despite being on the verge of death moments previously.
>>
>>134585977
Shirou
>>
>>134597125
>tech genius Rin
Unless you mean her relative that is physically impossible.
>>
>>134597312
That's the point, moron.
>>
>>134597299
Serious gil
>>
>>134597504
Half of those are likely. Most are incredibly improbable. That one is just downright impossible.
>>
>>134596781
>Immortal
The very fact that she can get injure means that she is not immortal if she takes Ea head on then there is absolutely no chance of her surviving. Also people seem to be forgetting that a serious gilgamesh means a gilgamesh with vimana, its nukes, that automatic defense system from strange fake and many other things. There is no way for any servant to defeat a serious gilgamesh.
>>
>>134597787
Vimana's just a toy to Gilgamesh. Do you actually believe that Gil was taking Lancelot seriously when he got into that dogfight with him?

Serious Gilgamesh = Ea. Vimana's just another trinket to him.
>>
>>134585977
Illya Zwei Form
>>
>>134597787
>vimana, its nukes, that automatic defense system from strange fake and many other things
>fighting with 3d weapons vs someone who has defense up to the 6th dimension
lol
>>
>>134597852
Gil uses GoB to make time to pull out Vimana and fly off. Then he screws around a bit in the skies while charging up Ea. Afterwards he comes back down to deliver an Enuma Elish to whoever he is facing right in the face.
>>
>>134596962
Yes.

She's immortal and restores her to her prime (as a 15 years old).

Only works fully with Seiba.
>>
>>134597954
>Gil uses all his arsenal and tires himself
>Arturia sits and plays a card game in Avalon and gets out to smack him

Or

>she gets Rho and pierces him

Manaka doesn't see anything EA did to the world, but traveling through Nasuverse she saw the pillar of light Arturia did when she fought Vortigern cutting through the world.
>>
>>134597942
If lancelot, who is the most skillful of the knights of the round tables, could do nothing against 30+ weapons from GoB what makes you think arturia can?
>>134598073
>Tires himself out
Don't see that happening, his armory is limitless and in any case the weapons he fires off eventually go back to his vault he also more than likely has potions to heal himself.
>>
>>134598073
Only way I see Gil beating Saber is if he threatens to nuke a city or something like that if she doesn't choose to fight without Avalon. She's too much of a moralfag to let millions die for a single battle.
>>
>>134598152
Bro, he tired himself against Enkidu. His arsenal Has a limit. The limit is people's ingenuity of what they can do.

While Saber doesn't have a limit because Avalon is the miracle of utopia. That's why she trumps him conceptionally and it has always been about that. Nasu never does "power levels" he does concept levels.

Ea that shows the reality of the world cut through Excalibur (ideals) which can manage Gate of Babylon (ingenuity) just fine, but can't do shit against utopia beyond the reach of the reality. So he's defeated. You fags never look at the actual "crystallized mystery" behind the Noble Phantasms. They aren't bean weapons or lasers.
>>
>>134593067
No, the justification is that he simply has so many magical items that he qualifies for Caster simply on the basis of spamming their effects.

That is actually the beauty of Gilgamesh. He plays the same no matter what class he is.

Saber Gilgamesh? Shoot people with swords
Lancer Gilgamesh? Shoot people with swords.
Berserker Gilgamesh? Shoot people with swords while screaming at them.
Rider Gilgamesh? Shoot people with swords from the comfort of Vimana.
Assassin Gilgamesh? Shoot people with swords while hiding.
Archer Gilgamesh? Shoot people with swords.
Caster Gilgamesh? Shoot people with swords while using magic items.
>>
>>134598073
Why would a arturia have her spear as a saber class servant? Can't really say much about that spear since all we know is that it's not meant to be used as a weapon. In any case i doubt it has more fire power than excalibur so the spear wouldn't make a huge difference.
>>
>>134598270

I'm talking about Arturia, not Saber. The spear is pretty much more anti mystery than Oda Nobunaga, it fucks over Gil even further because unlike Oda, it'll be hard to counter.
>>
>>134598259
He tire himself against Enkidu because he more than likely spam hundreths of phantasm for days since Enkiudu kept copying them. Saber can't do that and gil wont need to spam as much as he did vs Enkidu. Also you do know that saber can't do anything when she uses abalons conceptual effect right? Gil will know to stop spamming swords whenever she uses that.
>>
>>134598346
Mind linking your source? Never heard that it's anti-mystery.
>>
>>134598400
Saber can sit and watch Gil tire himself while she takes a nap, comfy with an active avalon.

Nasu said that if she always had Avalon active, she'll be an untouchable King of Neets. Deal with it.

Again, you're not getting it. Gil has absolute no counter against Avalon. Everything he has, its trumped by it. So he's fucking defeated.

He stops spamming swords and he is defeated because that's the only thing keeping Saber from axing his ass in close combat. Did you forget he had absolutely no way to best her?
>>
>>134598499
post your source where nasu said that. If that was true how the fuck did she end up losing the war in britain?
>>
Can't Gil just chill in his vault? He had Shinji in there didn't he?
If Saber shuts herself in Avalon Gil can just go in his gate and play vidya games or something.
>>
>>134598592
Saber lost Avalon during her reign. It's actually a part of the actual King Arthur legend.
>>
>>134598592
Her sister stole the sheath and threw it in a lake.
>>
>>134595524
I don't know if Archer would fare as well as Shirou against Gil.
The sole reason why Gil went full retard on Shirou was precisely because he was a living human, and Gil thought there was no way in hell he would lose to him.

Even if he sees Archer as crap, he would definitely be more cautious than he was with Shirou, and even if Archer is far more skilled than Shirou at combat, I don't think that would help him much against a Gilgamesh who doesn't have his head fully up his ass.
>>
>>134600330
>Nameless Servant
>The most mongrel mongrel of all mongrels
>Faker
>Not being completely dismissive of that
>>
>>134600330
>I don't know if Archer would fare as well as Shirou against Gil

He would fare better.

He can cast UBW faster, hold it for a longer period of time, has mad sword skills and better stats than Shirou, his Rho Aias can stop an uncharged Ea blast, and since he has no divinity Enkidu is useless against him.
Even Gil's armor would be useless against a good BP arrow.
>>
>>134601396
Rho Aius can't stop an uncharged Ea blast. Shirou still got blown the fuck away and nearly died from it. Rho Aius only mitigated the damage.
>>
>>134601493
>Rho Aius only mitigated the damage
It mitigated it enough for Shirou to melee the shit out of Gil afterwards. If Shirou survived Ea with no mobility loss It did it's job just fine, and if a normal human wasn't crippled by that blast, a servant even with D rank endurance would survive just fine.
Also, it was a Rho Aias cast by an almost dying Archer (less than 10% of his reserves), you can't even compare it with the time he used it against Lancer.
>>
>>134601396
>He can cast UBW faster, hold it for a longer period of time
Also, he actually has mana or whatever and can cast it by himself without help.
>>
>>134601349
Wouldn't being a faker just piss Gil off and make him more serious out of spite?
>>
>>134602153
Like Shirou right?
>>
>>134602153
Shirou is a faker too
>>
>>134602153
Gil doesn't get pissed by mongrels, only his equals deserve his spite.
>>
>>134592103
I'd love to see Gil's face when she "kills" GoB
>>
Karna cannot, even if he's Gil's equal, Gil is listed as his natural enemy. (Karna's divine, and Enkidu's probably one of the few things Gil knows how to use).
I think Nasu has said many times that Gil's weakness is him never being serious, otherwise he has no equal except Enkidu.
Although Archer was listed as Gil's natural enemy, Nasu himself considers Zero and Stay Night Gil to be almost completely different characters.
>>
>>134602785
ONOREEEEEE
>>
>>134603038
>Nasu himself considers Zero and Stay Night Gil to be almost completely different characters
Citation needed.
>>
>>134598708
>>134598793
Gil never said that, and all things taken into account, Gil is stated to be undefeatable in the 4th and 5th war even with the status screens unlocked.
The exception being EMIYA Archer stated as his weakness, not Saber with Avalon.
Also Avalon's quite situational, she used it very carefully against him in their final fight.
>>
>>134603070
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Popularity_polls#Type-Moon.27s_10th_Anniversary_Character_Poll
He talks about Gilgamesh.
The wiki page has the links below if you're willing to trudge through moon.
>>
>>134603149
>He talks about Gilgamesh
Where? what does he say, literally?
>>
>>134585977
He is nothing to Saitama
>>
>>134603111
>The exception being EMIYA Archer stated as his weakness
EMIYA is stated as his natural enemy, not his weakness, though.
He's his natural enemy due to UBW being a hard counter to GoB.

However, UBW alone is hardly enough to beat Gil, considering it's only faster at sword creation, but it's far more taxing as far as mana goes. So, if a battle goes on for too long, EMIYA is fucked.

The main thing EMIYA has going for him is Gilgamesh going full retard, by not taking him seriously at all.
>>
>>134603351
"He first debuted in FSN, and then showed up in many other places, even in EXTRA. This is our AUO, Gilgamesh, at Number 9. If you ask why we separated the FSN and Zero versions, it's because the two Gilgameshes were very different..."
Then in his Fate/Zero Character Material page (seriously you can easily find these on the wiki)
"In the boy-meets-girl story of the original Fate/stay night he was forced to yield to the universal law of "love conquers all", but in Fate/Zero he's free to show off his overwhelming, cheat-like strength without restraint. He could have ended the war in a single night if he truly desired to do so..."
>>
>>134601740
>stol
you guys do know rho ais is only strong vs projectiles right?
>>
File: 1431026348027.png (85 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1431026348027.png
85 KB, 512x512
>>
>>134601740

That's a fallacy, projections aren't any weaker regardless of the physical state of the person creating them. It was a full power Rho Aias no matter how you look at it, and yes, it still broke and Shirou was still heavily wounded by the remaining damage.
>>
>>134585977
Yes. A super serious Gilgamesh.
>>
>>134603431
Saitama and Gil would actually get along very well.
>>
>>134598499

There's nothing comfy about having Avalon active, the prana that keeps it working has to come from somewhere. Yes, Avalon has an internal prana battery, but it does have to be restocked by Saber herself, just like she did in the Fate route after figuring out it was inside Shirou. The prana drain from keeping such a powerful noble phantasm active will burn Saber out long before Gil is burnt out, since he has Independent Action A+.
>>
>>134598499

If Saber's inside Avalon, she can't attack. She's inside an entire other dimension. She has to leave Avalon in order to be able to fight, and if she uses it at all, then the surprise factor is lost, and the moment she leaves Avalon she'll be roasted.

Saber herself acknowledges that the only way she could beat Gilgamesh is by surprising him with Avalon, baiting out an Ea blast meant to overwhelm Excalibur, and reflecting it back at Gil with active Avalon. If it was so easy to win against him, she could have just used it from the start - instead, she did the whole song and dance of enduring his swordspam long enough for Ea to come out.
>>
>ctrl+f
>no shiki
>>
>>134585977

No, Serious Gilgamesh will look into the future with his god tier clairvoyance and foresee his enemy's every action and completely crush them by pre-empting everything.

He just doesn't give enough of a shit to do that.
>>
>>134603629
>Shirou was still heavily wounded by the remaining damage
Shirou, a normal human. And he wasn't heavily wounded, otherwise Gil would have raped him when they clashed.
>>
>>134603674
I don't think so
Gil doesn't give a shit about power level
What makes him admires you is whether you are worthy as a king or not
>>
>>134603958
Where is Gil's super special Clairvoyance described? Like a citation for it that's not from the wiki.
Not doubting he has it but I'd like to know if it goes in-depth about it.
>>
>>134604102
>What makes him admires you is whether you are worthy as a king or not
Nope, just as a human being.
That's why he came to like Kotomine and MC/FeMC.
>>
>>134604102
What >>134604175 said
Saitama isn't greedy and has a noble heart.
And he could probably fund Saitama.
>>
>>134604140
Not that guy, but I think it was mentioned in F/SF.
He can see into the future and parallel realities.

That being said, I do seem to recall having heard before he had such ability.
>>
>>134603958
>Serious Gilgamesh will look into the future with his god tier clairvoyance
Clairvoyance is not listed under his personal skills in the VN or in F/Z's character sheets. It also doesn't appear in Extra if I recall correctly.
>>
File: Satsujinki_and_arc.jpg (50 KB, 363x314) Image search: [Google]
Satsujinki_and_arc.jpg
50 KB, 363x314
>>134592103
If we're going to go out of our way to cheat. Master Satsujinki and Funny Vamp Arc should more than handle him.
>>
>>134604175
>>134604262
For Gil, Saitama is just a mongrel cause he was originally just a ordinally person
For Saitama, Gil is onepunch target because he is obviously intending to cause mass slaughter of human
I don't know whether Gil will die with onepunch as wearing that armor though
>>
Assassin (Kojiro) probably, but he'd have to be up close.
>>
>>134604614
Main character in F/E was way more ordinary than Saitama.
In UBW yeah, but in Fate he was just horny and in Zero he was just angry.
But the one time that Gil talked in HF shows he's not fine with mass slaughter.
>>
>>134585977
The White-Faced One With the Golden Fur
>>
>>134604789
Q: Gilgamesh has no skills in swordsmanship, would Assassin win if Gilgamesh is caught in the range of Tsubame Gaeshi?

A: Most likely, he will just defend with his armour, or take out some really unfair defensive armament that protects against Multidimensional Refraction Phenomenon, from the Gate of Babylon.
>>134592103
>>134604594
Q: In the other Type-Moon works, who else besides Arc can fight against Servants?

A: If we're working on the condition of one on one, with an extremely average Noble Phantasm. Generally most of the 27 Ancestors, Kishima Kouma, Aozaki Aoko.
If it's just a defensive fight, but would still be a fight, then Ciel. Shiki (Rakkyo), Shiki (Tsukihime) are no match for Servants....but Ryougi Shiki (3rd personality) might be able to go as far as the Ciel class.
>>
File: ProtoSaberarmor.png (2 MB, 866x1217) Image search: [Google]
ProtoSaberarmor.png
2 MB, 866x1217
>200 posts in and no one posted the obvious answer yet.
>>
>>134585977
probably merlin
>>
>>134605054
It depends. There are thirteen conditions for unleashing Protocalibur's true power, and we only know of two of them: 1) that the battle is an honorable one and 2) that the enemy must be stronger than you. Over half of those thirteen conditions must be met in order to unleash it, so there's really no guarantee that ProtoSaber can win.

Merlin can't die so he can never become a Servant.
>>
>>134605167
Proto Gil, who also had an EX noble phantasm, was really pissed with Saber. I'm pretty sure that he was in disadvantage.
>>
>>134605290
Not the point.

We don't actually know if Protosaber can fulfill over half of the necessary conditions to unseal Excalibur here.
>>
>>134596813
Gil fanboys are the same as Sephiroth fanboys, they refuse to believe their idol can ever be defeated.
>>
>>134605428
It's what Nasu said, man. A serious Gilgamesh can't be defeated by any Servant.

ORT, maybe, but that's not a Servant.
>>
>>134605319
You are full of shit anon.
This is already an scenario with an unrealistic Gilgamesh, Proto Saber being able to unleash his Excalibur against Gil is a given, much more than Gilgamesh fighting seriously.
>>
>>134605502
Can you? What if one of the conditions is "This fight must occur on a Tuesday", and the day is actually Friday?
>>
>>134595405
These quotes sound familiar... are they from Unlimited Codes?
>>
File: I could use a hand over here.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
I could use a hand over here.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>134585977
>b-but muh Ea!
>Gil would win if he was serious, I swear!
Yeah he tried to pull out Ea against Shirou, look where that got him. Gil a shit.
>>
>>134605564
Serious Gil has stronger things than Ea in his vault.
>>
>>134585977
Not even a Type can do it.
>>
>>134605607
No, he really doesn't.
>>
Serious EMIYA>serious Gil.
>>
>>134585977
Lancer if he doesnt have an ass master, even better if he is in Ireland
>>
>>134605533
Holy shit anon, stop being retarded.
Have you ever seen Gilgamesh fighting seriously? No.
If Gilgamesh can be in a state that he can never be, then Saber can be in a state that he can be.

If you're saying that there's no point in assuming that Saber can unleash Excalibur, then there's no point in assuming that Gilgamesh can be serious to begin with.
>>
>>134605753
He has no counter for Enkidu. Serious Gil would use it from the start and fuck him before he can even get close.
>>
>>134605694
Nope.
>>
>>134605868
Serious EMIYA is a Counter Guardian, Gil can't do shit against him.
>>
>>134605774
Whats so special about proto sabers excalibur? If it's no different than a beam sword like fate saber then proto saber will still lose to sword spam.
>>
>>134605915
Enkidu can channel the power of the Counter Force and Gil stalemated him with Ea.
And Enkidu >>> EMIYA
>>
>>134605915
The only difference between CG emiya and servant emiya is the mana. Even if cg emiya can spam swords all day that won't save him from being completely obliterated by EA and UBW most likely wouldn't be able to be deployed since serious gil would know better than to let him use it.
>>
>>134605944
>Whats so special about proto sabers excalibur?
It's more powerful than Arturia's and is EX rank. And even Saber under Shirou was able to fight back against sword spam. When she had Rin as a master, she knocks away 17 swords without any effort and causes Gil to jump back in fear.
>>
>>134604924
Why are you posting interview snippets? bothering with that Ryougi would be monster class in what that anon suggested, and shiki tohno would be a master, while funny vamp (yes this is a servant class) arc would do the fighting.

Also the irony of interview lines like that is that the whole franchise is about creating situations where common since fights never happen.
>>
>>134606025
Powerlevels don't work like that in the Nasuverse.
>>
I can't imagine how Gil beats Shirou leaned UBW
I mean, he is the least skilled even for Megus, so dealing with him seriously is extreme shame for Gil
It's 99% impossible to be serious against Shirou so he is more difficuot enemy than Emiya
>>
>>134606037
CG Emiya won't die if he projects his NPs that have similar performance to Excalibur and Ea, and he could abuse them as much as he wants.
He could use a hundred Rho Aiases and a hundred Excaliburs overloaded with prana at the same time if he wanted, and having unlimited prana means he has unlimited regen and can use UBW for as long as he wants as well.
Serious Gil already has a hard time against normal EMIYA. CG EMIYA is just out of his league.
>>
>>134606069
17 swords isn't that impressive. Lancelot who is more skillful than saber was said to be dead with a sword spam of 30. And even if proto saber's excalibur is more powerful it still takes time to charge up- time he wont have since he'll be dodging all the sword spam.
>>
>>134606230
You okay dude?
>>
>>134606285
>Serious gil has a hard time against EMIYa
uh what? The only reason EMIYA is a counter is because of gil's arrogance while serious gil would not have.
>unlimited regen
We haven't ever seen any CG in action so we don't know the extend of their regen- can they regen after having their bodies completely destroyed?
>UBW
More than likely wont have the chance to deploy it in anycase gil can just hop on vimana and surround himself with shields to charge EA and destroy ubw.
>A hundred excaliburs overloaded
One of the things about projecting excalibur is not just the amount of mana it takes but the difficulty and time it takes to create such a powerful weapon. So i really dont see EMIYA being able to project that many in an instant. And even if he broke them, considering how much time it took for him to break caladbog, it doesn't seem like he'd be able to project many, if any, excaliburs and then proceed to spend even more time breaking them.
>>
File: Gil vs Shirou.jpg (96 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Gil vs Shirou.jpg
96 KB, 800x600
>>134606230
Gil literally pulled out Ea when he fought Shirou. His "pride" is nothing more than him being a douche. When it comes down to it he's a complete pussy. He actually tried to run away from Shirou in the end. As much as he talks about his pride as a king it's all meaningless.
>>
>>134596962
Yes. Avalon is why Arturia is considered one of the most powerful servants out there. Unfortunately for her she never has the thing
>>
>>134604808
>But the one time that Gil talked in HF shows he's not fine with mass slaughter.

Correction, he isn't fine with mass slaughter that is done outside his command. He bullied Sakura for entertainment, that was in CM3.

If he really cared about the people, he would have destroyed the greater grail and the Shadow would not have even been able to come into existence, as there would be nothing to taint Sakura's soul and the connection to AM would be cut out.

But that would ruin his plans to use the mud to do as he says, his selection on humanity. Basically, his entertainment plan went rogue and he got mad like a child at human experiment that obviously went unstable.
>>
>>134606516
>The only reason EMIYA is a counter is because of gil's arrogance while serious gil would not have
False. UBW>GoB and Archer's skills>Gil's skills
Uncharged Ea gets countered by Rho Aias (or several copies of it) and fully charged Ea requires time, so Gil gets speedblitzed.
>can they regen after having their bodies completely destroyed?
If the spiritual core survives, the servant survives, provided that he has enough prana to regenerate, which a CG always has.
>More than likely wont have the chance to deploy it in anycase
Archer's UBW deploys with two lines. "I am the bone of my sword, unknown to death nor known to life", that's probably faster than taking the key out, opening the gate, pulling out Ea, charging it and using it.
>gil can just hop on vimana
He needs to pull it out first and hop up, in the meantime he gets speedblitzed.
>surround himself with shields
Which shields? citation needed.
>Excalibur bla bla
Archer would die from prana depletion if he projects Excalibur, not from the strain.
A braindead Shirou projected it in HF and was able to use it just fine, and without spending a lot of time charging it like you say, THEN he died.

Gil just doesn't have the time to pull out the key, open the gate, pull out Ea, charge it and use it. He gets speedblitzed in most scenarios since his swordspam is not very useful against Archer even outside UBW. With infinite prana he could even project a crapton of NPs outside of it to defend againt GoB and reach Gil befor he could pull and operate anything threatening enough.
>>
>>134607098
Speed blitz by what? EMIYA isn't that fast. What makes you think Archer has better skills than a serious gilgamesh? IF his body gets completely destroy by EA then the spiritual core would more than likely be destroy or it'd at least take time for his body to regen. He has all the NPS in history of course he would have shields in his vault we only haven't seen them because of his arrogance- which would not be a factor here. It is difficult to project excalibur it was stated various time throughout the vn. Brain dead shirou- we don't know how much time he spend charging but seeing as how long it takes saber it must have been at least a few seconds. Also his projected excalibur was most likely a very degraded excalibur.
>>
>>134607334
>What makes you think Archer has better skills than a serious gilgamesh
Are you fucking serious? It's been explicitly highlighted time and again that Gilgamesh isn't that good at actual fighting.
>>
>>134607098
>Which shields
Prototypes of every legendary shield from various myths and legends across the world provided they weren't created by things like gods or fairies - so the mirror shield Perseus is given is out for example. So things like rho aias, shield of lath, priwen, and others.

I don't remember if he does pull a shield out at any point in fate though, doesn't he use some weird mirror thing to cancel some magic shot at him by rin or ilya in stay night?
>>
>>134607334
>Speed blitz by what? EMIYA isn't that fast.
EMIYA gets stats from his projections. If he were to project, say, Gae Drearg, he would get A+ agility.
Gil got beaten at melee by Shirou, and he WAS being serious at that time (he tired to pull Ea, remember?). CG Archer would wreck him in a single strike.
>He has all the NPS in history of course he would have shields in his vault
Those hypothetical shields have no feats, no stats, no nothing. If you can bring up made up shit like that then I can bring up Archer's degraded Anti-World Noble Phantasms that have similar performance to Ea (yes, Nasu mentioned some shit like that).
>It is difficult to project excalibur it was stated various time throughout the vn
No it wasn't. Archer just said he can't copy it perfectly (AKA one rank penalty), but that he can get it close. That's all there is on the subject.
>we don't know how much time he spend charging but seeing as how long it takes saber it must have been at least a few seconds
And where exactly do you take that from? citation needed.
>>
>>134607334
>EMIYA isn't that fast

EMIYA was capable of projecting numerous copies of Kanshou and Bakuya every instant he was disarmed by Lancer in the beginning of the VN and kept up with him. If Lancer is acknowledged as one of the fastest of the servants then EMIYA is pretty damn fast
>>
>>134607605
We know nothing about those. And the prototypes don't even do the same than the originals as far as we know.
>>
It makes you wonder if Emiya could obtain Protection from Arrows by projecting one of Cu's weapons.

If we think of Protection from Arrows as just being a by-product of Cu's skill and strength then Emiya should be able to emulate it just like Shirou emulated Nine Lives right?
>>
>>134607632
A lancer that was holding back. When he was fighting lancer again in the church he nearly died when lancer showed his real speed.
>>
>>134607787
But he didn't die against such speed, that's still a feat of immense agility regardless.
He also had to keep up with Berserker's A rank agility in the Einzbern castle.
>>
>>134607787
This doesn't change the fact the he's pretty damn fast. The argument here is against Gilgamesh not Cu. Considering Shirou was fast enough to beat Gilgamesh, then it's nothing for EMIYA.
>>
>>134607616
>s at that time (he tired to pull Ea, remember?).
He wasn't been serious, in the ubw anime they even show gil still hesitating to use EA. Tracing copies the SKILL of the original user not the stats this is one of the reasons why archer decided to make up his own style.
As for the shields nasu said gil has a shield that could block false assasins tsubame gaeshi which is border line true magic. Also he definately has the original rho ais in there among other shields.
>>
>>134607696
I have a different thought of where Cu's PFA comes from, but there's no way of knowing where Nasu got it from

In táin bó cúailnge Cu mentions a shield he has with him, the shield of lath. One time he uses it, he deflected 350 thrown spears, 350 thrown clubs, as well as allowing 350 thrown balls (Not sure what the balls are made of, maybe stone?) to hit him in the chest and having them do nothing.

This has nothing to do with fate though, just my own thoughts about it
>>
>>134607877
Fast enough to beat a none serious gilgamesh that was freaking out over a mongrel out sword spamming him. why do you keep bringing that up?
>>134607869
You seem to be confusing speed with reaction time. Archer was able to keep up with lancer not because of his speed but because he could react in time due to having eye of the mind true (B).
>>
>>134585977
Why is this such a meme topic?
>>
File: fate-zero-archer.jpg (154 KB, 817x463) Image search: [Google]
fate-zero-archer.jpg
154 KB, 817x463
>>134605564
>implying serious gil wouldn't be wearing golden armor

Gilg shits on every other character if you remove his personality. It has to be there to make it fair.

Also using shiro's plot armor to say gil is weak is like saying accelerator couldn't beat touma if he tried, that's just dumb.
>>
So yeah, the odds of Shiki keeping up with a servant are extremely slim. But, what if we summon Shiki as an Assassin? With all the strength and speed of a heroic spirit, I believe he would be the absolute worst opponent for Gilgamesh.

Heroic spirits have strengths and weaknesses based on their legends, after all, and no matter how great Gilgamesh was, even he couldn't overcome his own death.

If Shiki manages to land a hit on a point of death, even as a normal human, that would be the end for Gilgamesh.
>>
SAY HI~!
>>
>>134608190
>So yeah, the odds of Shiki keeping up with a servant are extremely slim.
If Shirou can do it Shiki can do it.
>>
>>134608103
How was Archer able to keep up with Berserker and kill him 6 times then?
>>
>>134608263
shh feats don't matter in these kinds of threads, only idiotic statements from Q and As.
>>
>>134608103
>You seem to be confusing speed with reaction time
Reaction time is meaningless if you don't have the speed to back it up. If the mind reacts but the body does not move fast you die anyways.
Archer also fought Heracles mostly at close quarters, which means he's fast enough to keep with his A rank agility.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.