[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck i thought you said this anime was bad? Already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 439003.jpg (396 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
439003.jpg
396 KB, 1920x1080
What the fuck i thought you said this anime was bad? Already half through it without realizing.
The main "story" is shit, i agree, but everything else is top notch. The art-style, the animation, the music, the characters, those short but amazing fights. And each mini arc is interesting.
Fuck, /a/, stop lying to me. I guess i'll watch cowboy bebop after this as well.
>>
>>134575616
even the squirrel is top notch amirite OP
>>
>>134575616
I'm halfway through it too OP, i don't want it to end.
>>
/a/ will always be tsun-tsun for popular anime.
The majority of the board likes Bebop and Champloo and such, but don't say anything because the board is supposed to hate it because it's entry level garbage.
>>
>>134576608
Can confirm as one of many people that simply stay silent to avoid the shitposting.
>>
>bad
/a/ will suck watanabe's dick any time of the day.
>>
>>134576764
Where can I subscribe, tripfag?
>>
>>134575616
I have rarely seen it get called bad, just overrated. But yeah it is pretty good.
>>
>>134576764
I dunno. I'd say at least that this one was really good but I didn't care for Dandy, and Bebop was more than just alright but not a masterpiece as many will say. THIS was amazing though, much better than Bebop and probably Watanabe's best work as a director.

Bebop suffers for trying too hard to be serious without devoting enough time to the serious plot, while Dandy probably has the opposite problem. Also both try to blend the future space thing with the older western cultral thing, but both take a sort really hamfisted approach to it. It's not like Mugen and Jin are a wandering troop of dance-fighters for example. Both felt like weak attempts at blending different styles because one or the other of the things in the mixture is clearly less present. This one though he actually blended his disparate styles perfectly and everything from the soundtrack to the voice acting to the artwork are all top notch.
>>
>>134575616
It's good if you only like superficial things. Like you said, it's core is shit.

It's like people who like Eureka 7.
>>
>>134575616
But no one ever said it was bad.
>>
>>134575616
Great shit
>>
>>134578934
I thought it was one of the worst anime of all time, so your statement is incorrect.
>>
>>134577352
You're entitled to your opinion but I think its total bullspit.

Champloo is a decent watch but its not as polished as Bebop. Champloo was originally supposed to be a 13 ep, whacky, Dandy esque show that ended up having its overall tone changed because Manglobe wanted to have something more 'proper' for their first show. It really shows on occasions with some literal hamfsted moments like its ending.
>>
>>134579027
But did you say it?
>>
>>134579085
>Champloo was originally supposed to be a 13 ep, whacky, Dandy esque show that ended up having its overall tone changed

Good. What they finally arrived on was an actual perfect blend of disparate styles, the thing I often see Watanabe's works as being prasied for, but they all try to hard at something or other nd end up not being perfect blends at all, just weird mixes. Bebop was better than Dandy I'll give you, but still, hamfisted? Bebop's western style felt pretty hamfisted more often than not, but the whole funk thing always fit seamlessly into Champloo because the bultural thing he was blending with was right in the soundtrack. It didn't need the visual cues, and then when it used them it was to augment that blending, like Mugen tagging writing the infinite symbol on the top of that shrine. Bounty hunters? That bounty hunter show? Please. What you say there about Champloo is what I've often thought about Bebop, that it was meant to be more of a comedy, but the creator was forced to go another way by the production company so he shoved things like that into the series to get his point across.
>>
It's like Bebop if Bebop weren't good.
>>
>>134578698
I wanted to start eureka 7,is it really shit?
>>
>>134579258
What the hell am I supposed to be reading here?
>>
File: 235435454.gif (916 KB, 500x245) Image search: [Google]
235435454.gif
916 KB, 500x245
It's like a slightly worse Cowboy Bebop, mostly because it never hits any emotional highs.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OuRajFzMYI
>>
File: 2352345454.png (342 KB, 408x480) Image search: [Google]
2352345454.png
342 KB, 408x480
>>134580617
>/A/
>Tripfag
>>
>>134579838
It's a good coming of age story, with fantastic character development and interactions. You will most likely fall in love with the crew. Artstyle is unique and nice, music is great.

It's problems lie in its lack of a well explained story, and a clusterfuck ending, but I think the payoff evens out throughout as you get attached to it. The focus should be the characters, not the story in this series.

Also, its most vocal haters are the ones that shit on nge because shinji is "wimpy", so keep that in mind. The MC is a boy, and thus he acts like one.

I say watch it.

Don't watch AO though
>>
>>134580617
Kill yourself tripfag.

Even though I like most of the entry level anime, I will join in on shitposting it because it keeps out riffraff. I will give up not talking about bebop if it keeps this place from becoming r/anime 2.0.
>>
File: 1429914222046.jpg (15 KB, 192x171) Image search: [Google]
1429914222046.jpg
15 KB, 192x171
>he actually listens to /a/
I like you, so I'll just say to lurk more
>>134580617
>/A/
Wew lad
>>
>>134575616
/a/ is filled with exaggerations.
Popular shows are hated on, as they're considered entry-level. However, the majority of /a/ likes those shows, they just aren't vocal about it. Of course this is only true for the shows that are actually good like samurai champloo and bebop, so be wary.

As for bebop, its episodic, so it might be a bit difficult to get into if you're just getting into it so late
>>
RZA > some dead nip hack
>>
ITT: people who have plots go right over their head
>>
>>134575616
Who the hell told you this? Sam Sham is a masterpiece. Next watch boku no pico.
>>
>>134579838
>>134578698
I've seen Champloo 3 times and loved it, I dropped E7 after 5 episodes.
>>
>>134586532
Same. I'm assuming I didn't like it because unlike champloo it's overall plot was actually the focus, but I can't say for sure, I barely remember it
>>
>>134575616
I like Champloo a lot more than Bebop but barely anyone ever agrees with that opinion. The atmosphere and music are just phenomenal and drew me in more than Cowboy Bebop did. I didn't hate Bebop or anything though.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.