[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a thread about this piece of shit? How did a studio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9
File: 1407747679765.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1407747679765.jpg
120 KB, 1280x720
Can we have a thread about this piece of shit?

How did a studio like P.A. Works manage to fuck up so spectacularly in between great shows like Nagi no Asukara and Shirobako?
>>
No you can't have a thread. I forbid it
>>
>>134551480
This, fuck off OP.
>>
>>134551464
>How did a studio like P.A. Works
You're asking how a mediocre studio fucked something up?
>>
>>134551464
>How did a studio like P.A. Works manage to fuck up so spectacularly in between great shows like Nagi no Asukara and Shirobako?

Simple, PA Works is a lot like Windows in regards to the quality of their releases. Good, bad, good, bad, etc.

Charlotte was bad, which means their Hibike ripoff show is going to be good
>>
File: 1425428078111.jpg (220 KB, 900x700) Image search: [Google]
1425428078111.jpg
220 KB, 900x700
Why do people think it's bad? It wasn't bad, it's just that nothing happened.

There wasn't a single thing bad about the show and I dare you to prove me wrong. Pro tip, you can't.
>>
Should I watch this so that I can understand all the terrible things I've heard? Is it necessary for the P.A. Works experience to watch the duds?
>>
I didn't know the meaning of 'nothing happens' until I watched this anime.
>>
>>134551464
>Nagi no Melodrama
>great
>>
>great shows like Nagi no Asukara

Well if that's your bar for quality I'm surprised that you're disappointed.
>>
File: 1448810268356.png (468 KB, 1020x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448810268356.png
468 KB, 1020x1080
I dropped it after three episodes with zero regrets. It was a dead show on /a/ halfway through the season until the end where the few that trucked through it got rewarded with nothing for their time.
>>
>>134551723
There was that lesbian bitch who made best boy feel like shit but i don't know what happened after that because i dropped it.
>>
File: glasslip_фоны.jpg (2 MB, 2800x2363) Image search: [Google]
glasslip_фоны.jpg
2 MB, 2800x2363
Still the undisputable best backgrounds.
>>
I can't believe I watched all 12 episodes of this.

What was the ending even about again? It was all their imagination?
>>
File: Remember who you are.jpg (216 KB, 1160x1080) Image search: [Google]
Remember who you are.jpg
216 KB, 1160x1080
>>134551920
What the hell is that pic
>>
>>134552306
It was a dream and David was a tent all along
>>
File: coppelion_01_2[1].jpg (103 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
coppelion_01_2[1].jpg
103 KB, 640x360
>>134551982
i will fight you on that statement
>>
Anyone have that cool glassblowing webm?
>>
>>134552306
Same anon, I have never once felt watcher's remorse before until Glasslip. Goodness knows why I didn't drop it before
>>
File: 1435156842528.jpg (220 KB, 900x700) Image search: [Google]
1435156842528.jpg
220 KB, 900x700
It felt like they just forced this piece of turd out because felt obligated too, Specially after the amazing NNA.

It had no story at all it was just a jumbled fucking mess with romance events in it.
>>
File: 1407451316082.png (19 KB, 250x224) Image search: [Google]
1407451316082.png
19 KB, 250x224
>>134551723
>prove me wrong
Oh boy here we go

First of all, the expectation horizon was all messed up. The series was hyped as something with relevant supernatural events. In the end the psychic powers really had no impact on the story, other than last episode psychedelic trip which could have been resolved otherwise.
Not only that, the psychic powers were poorly handled. Most of the visions were really not necessary or straight-up misleading. I remember there was a metaphorical scene about train collision, but as you yourself say, nothing really happened, so the foreshadowing was empty.
Most of the characters, especially the main EEEEH character was unoriginal and empty. Not to mention the sad case of Davido-kun, who was clearly set up as an interesting romantic rival, but in the end turned out to be strange autist who blabbed deep dialogue which was only cringe-worthy.
Series had no satisfying conclusion, and even though that is very common in anime, you cannot exactly classify it as a positive feature.
Ending song by ear.rape.

I admit it was pretty, that's why I bothered to go trough it in the first place. But if I wanted just something pretty, looking at the picture in >>134551982 would give me more satisfaction than the series. It was just underwhelming series that didn't finish anything it started. That's why people say "nothing happens", but that's really not the point: worst thing about Glasslip is that it clearly wants something to happen, and things start with implications of drama and supernatural events. And then it sort of halts, becomes a combination of still images and autistic character archetypes. It's empty, without meaning, without destination. That's why the image you posted reads as it reads: you survive Glasslip because it's a series like Pandora's box, with slight hope that something worth your time will eventually occur, but nothings really there even though there are glaring holes where development should normally be.
>>
>>134552705
I admit I've recently started to like nna because ost and visual design, but it's pretty shitty mess and only a bit higher in a tier-list than glasshit
hanasaku mvp
>>
>>134551464
>great shows like Nagi no Asukara and Shirobako?
>great shows

Nagi asukara was a piece of shit written by okada, the only good things was the art and the music, Shirobako had a garbage plot, the only good thing was that you get to know more about the anime "industry"
>>
File: average aussie.png (85 KB, 361x333) Image search: [Google]
average aussie.png
85 KB, 361x333
>>134552754
>implying anyone is going to read all that shit

fuck off autist
>>
>>134552828
Nice arguments.
>>
>>134551464
I heard it was originally supposed to be 2 cour, but was cut down sometime during production.
I feel that had it been allowed to be what they originally planned, it would have ultimately been seen to rival NnA in beautiful melodrama greatness.
They took their time setting up a world and characters (like many great shows do), then had to quickly scrape together some sort of ending turning it into `literally, nothing happens the anime'.
It's really a shame because it's just dripping with the same sort of potential actualized in NnA.
I still enjoyed it though.
>>
>>134551464
Honestly speaking?
Glasslip was better than Charlotte.
If nothing else, at least there was romantic development between the MC and the leading love interest, and in these types of shows, that's the thing that matters the most.
>>
>>134552846
I was just answering a person who wanted an answer. But you're right, I guess it was too much to expect a discussion from a guy who posts unrelated /int/ tier images.
>>
>>134551829
What melodrama?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.