[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything more melancholic than finishing an anime you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1449539708690.png (272 KB, 522x569) Image search: [Google]
1449539708690.png
272 KB, 522x569
Is there anything more melancholic than finishing an anime you enjoyed? On the one hand you're grateful for the experience, but on the other you'll never experience it (the same way) again.
>>
>>134545657
Nope. Any well-done creation in any creative medium that's had a massive affect on you is going to leave you just kind of depressed for a week when it's gone.

It leaves a void you didn't know needed to be filled in the first place, fills it, then leaves again.

Sucks balls if it hits you at the wrong time.
>>
>>134545657
No because I'm not 14 and can appreciate it even on a rewatch.

>but muh shock factor
>>
>>134545657
Beats me. I haven't enjoyed any new series' for the past four years.
>>
>>134545657
Yes, a shitty second season.
>>
Having your best friend die and banging his girlfriend at the funeral.
>>
>>134546941
>haven't enjoyed any new series' for the past four years
How is that even possible?
>>
>>134545657
I get that with some really good stuff, but most of the time I just enjoy a well made story. There's plenty of good stuff out there so I just look forward to experiencing more of that.
Also I've learned that the really good stuff can be even better on the second time through. So I've gotten over that.
>>
>>134547077
When pretty much everything is the same moeshit set in a school setting, or rehashes, it's not hard.
>>
>>134546941
I haven't enjoyed a series as I did when I was a teenager for a decade now. Get on my level.
I still watch anime because /tv/ is even worse though.
>>
File: 1449634580033.gif (352 KB, 499x289) Image search: [Google]
1449634580033.gif
352 KB, 499x289
>anime/game/book ends
>they don't resolve any relationships
>>
>>134545657
I used to get mild post series depression. That little slump when you're sad it's over.
These days I can't give much of a fuck given 80% of what I watch is seasonal and 10% of that is actually stuff I like with the other 90% being things I can put up with.

Could just be I'm looking for quota fillers and not watching master pieces but even we I do watch stuff that is objectively great rather than seasonal garbage it's still business as usual.

Guess I'm just less invested
>>
>>134547223
Not all modern anime is like that. And even if it is, why not watch some old classics? I highly doubt you've watched all of them.

>>134547240
Kek, I'm 25 and ever since I've moved out I've only started enjoying anime more. I guess it's the freedom to watch anime at will rather than being forced to hide my powerlevel from my parents. Instead of using my headphones and having my screen facing the wall, I can now loudly sing along with my favorite openings like some autistic retard.
>>
>>134547430
Hence why I said RECENT series.
>>
>>134547430
>like some autistic retard
>like
Right

Hiding powerlevel with your family is sort of sad depending on how seriously you're doing it. I'd never blast my shows anime or otherwise. Watching something on a pc without headphones is just rude to the people you live with room-mate, family, partner or otherwise.
>>
File: 37805b2b22f4ddb9c82a7f75d41a2ebd.jpg (230 KB, 1268x1624) Image search: [Google]
37805b2b22f4ddb9c82a7f75d41a2ebd.jpg
230 KB, 1268x1624
>>134545657
I'm only sad when there will never a second season.
>>
>>134546941
>>134547223
What about Ping Pong, Parasyte or Bahamut?
>>
>>134547615
>Hiding powerlevel with your family is sort of sad depending on how seriously you're doing it.
I doubt anyone would unabashedly tell their friends or family they enjoy a Japanese cartoon where teenage girls get superpowers by making out with eachother. When you think about itn, anime is kind of autistic and hiding your powerlevel makes sense.
>>
>>134547933
No you're right. Mermaid is deep cover shit. At the very least in regards to family.
On the other hand it's the people that don't take anime or powerlevels seriously that are the least autistic (in my experience at least). I wouldn't be able to guess who is more autistic out of the remaining powerlevels fags and anime club weebs
>>
>>134547933
That's why I only watch mature anime :^)

>>134548103
Oh I wonder who's more autistic. The guy who understands he's weird or the guy who doesn't.
>>
>>134548244
I wonder who's more autistic, the guy who just happens to enjoy chinese cartoons but doesn't revolve around them or push it in your face or the guy who's completely cagey around the topic because their convinced everything they have built will crumble if people revealed them for what they are.

I mean we're both arguing pointless absolutes. Moderate self mediation is the answer rather than full lock down or full disclosure (as with any other hobby really). Like I said, Mermaid or ani tore! or whatever else is too much but chances are if people know you like these types of shows unless they like them too it won't come up again. Believe it or not, people don't care what gypsy shadow puppet presentations you waste your time watching.
>>
>>134547077
by watching one or two anime a year

saged if you see this don't bump the thread
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.