[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I used to watch lots of anime. Well, maybe not to you folks,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: cat.jpg (753 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
753 KB, 2560x1600
I used to watch lots of anime. Well, maybe not to you folks, but maybe about 50 full series or so? Not even 'normalfag' shit, I got pretty deep into the 'good' more hipster anime like mononoke, mushishi, tatami galaxy, nausicaa.

anyway

I've been kind of an artistic 'pleb' you could say. But spent the past few weeks watching artsy movies instead of the typical hollywood crap and realized how movies could be art and make an artistic statement. Been reading lots of novels too. I can't think of any anime that really hit me or that I could consider art. Even the ones that break the mold to some extent have the same tropes and same rehashed shit. Maybe you could make a case for those- a slight one (and even those are really no better than the average movie or the average novel which is saying something)- but for the majority of it? It's a very limited medium, like the soulless gooky dooky drones who draw it are limited 'people'..

I don't know how a grown man can watch cartoons of teenage girls acting in some fictitious idealised way, hundreds of episodes, over and over. You start to realize it's escapism for losers who want to fuck the cartoon 12 year olds because they have no power in their lives. Video games and anime, at least the devoted 'hardcore' players/watchers of them are mostly powerless nerds who want escapism. I know because I was one of them. Now I'm not claiming to know everything about film or anime or whatever, it's just that in my experience, anime is shit.

Miyazaki and Anno realize this. They realize anime as it is is limited, full of shitty repetitive themes and pedophilia, and is largely made to appease the autistic nerds who want more of the same old same old. For anime to ascend as an artistic medium it needs to stop pandering to its main demographic and stop rehashing.

What do you think?
>>
Well, what's there left to do? One-Punch Man sorta breaks the mold, I guess.
>>
>>134531308
Cool blog OP! XD
>>
>>134531384
I'll check it out

and I have to confess, I was being deliberately inflammatory, so to the mods: don't delete my shit please

I feel like the best anime are the ones which break the mold and have some kind of deconstructionist themes. Like Hunter X hunter undid many of the bored shounen tropes (funny enough the worst parts of that show I sat through were the kinds the most like stereotypical shounen) and turned them on their heads. Why isn't there more of that?
>>
>>134531308

But movies has both artsy stuff and mindless enterntainment for the masses. Books have deep novels and light mindless stuff too. Comics do the same. What is it up whit this idea, that anime as whole medium should stop doing what it is doing and go only for the artistic stuff? Personaly I'd like to see more stuff like Mushishi, Angel's Egg, Kuuchu Buranko and stuff, but I don't think way to there is bitching about it on the internet. What it stopping you to start your own studio and making these series? Why not funding the series you like?
>>
Anime is certainly mostly shit from a writing perspective, but that's the case for anything. not everyone consumes what they do because they want to be culturally enriched.

That said, there is plenty of cultural enrichment to be had in anime, even if you don't go off into weeaboo levels of fandom. There's interesting concepts that aren't really tackled as well anywhere else, see GitS. If there wasn't any of that kind of writing at all, then you could be concerned *cough* /co/ *cough*

But then, there are series that have both gratuitous fanservice and good writing, e.g. monogatari, that just exist to fuck with us.
>>
>>134531573
This, tee bee aych.
>>
>>134531308
Is this /a/ humor thread?
>>
>>134532280
>>134531573
>>
>>134531308
>watched 50 whole anime
Jesus fucking christ, get a life you weeb.
>>
First off, tl;dr
Second off, fuck off
Third, educate yourself before making statements concerning shit you know nothing about
>>
>>134531308
Please don't make posts like this here.
>>
First off I completely agree

Secondly I don't know why the fuck you're posting here about it other than to poke the hornet nest, I stopped watching anime about 5 years ago but check in every once in a while
>>
tldr
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (5 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
5 KB, 262x192
>>134531308
>Miyazaki and Anno realize this.
What?
>>
>>134532877
>You can leave anytime.
Kek
>>
>>134531308
No one cares what you think.
>>
>>134531308
Are you guys sure this autismo here is not some past?
>>
>>134531308
>I don't know how a grown man can watch cartoons of teenage girls acting in some fictitious idealised way, hundreds of episodes
I don't know how normalfag adults can watch reality tv shows about normal people doing normal things in exaggerated ways while being incredibly annoying fucking characters for over hundreds of episodes, over and over
>>
File: 1426417877436.jpg (295 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1426417877436.jpg
295 KB, 640x480
>>
>>134534557
Did the aztecs build it?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.