[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did she mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: notrape.jpg (90 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
notrape.jpg
90 KB, 640x479
What did she mean by this?
>>
REEEEEE STOP MAKING THREADS WITH SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>134496298
This is so out of context and meta it is not slightly spoiler for anything meaningful. Get off 4chin gramps Umineko was 6 years ago.
>>
>>134496275
Erika is actually talking about the strapon she just buried in his ass.
>>
>>134496298
Umineko is shit, so having it spoiled is doing you a favor.

Here's the ending to Umineko: Nothing is revealed, Ryukishi tells you to believe whatever you like about what really happened. Biggest fucking copout I've seen. Reading all that repetitive and bloated prose was such a waste of time.
>>
>>134498122
Just say that you hate to think and form your own thoughts, anon. You don't have to say it in a roundabout way.
>>
File: q3Kn9am.jpg (143 KB, 1475x975) Image search: [Google]
q3Kn9am.jpg
143 KB, 1475x975
>>134498616
Here's a translation of a Japanese flowchart about Umineko.
>>
>>134498122
They built up a compelling cast of characters and manipulated the reader's investment in them to present a case that was stronger than their desire to find the truth. If you didn't identify with the characters after about 80 hours, then yes, the story falls flat.

But I will agree that the writing is needlessly bloated.

>Hey Shannon, do you know anything about grandfather's gold?
>Oh yes, let me tell you about the master's gold
>Shannon proceeds to tell us about the legend of Kinzo's gold
>I see, so grandfather has a huge store of gold.
>>
>>134496298
>REEEEEE
>caps lock
Kill yourself.
>>
File: minagoroshi.jpg (127 KB, 646x505) Image search: [Google]
minagoroshi.jpg
127 KB, 646x505
>>134498616
Ryukishi should have taken his own advice. Setting up a mystery over such a huge story and in the end telling the reader "Believe what you think is right in your heart! Whatever you want to believe is the truth!" is fucking annoying.
>>
>>134498732
I never particularly liked the characters the way I had come to like those in Higurashi. And the story simply shits all over the desire to find the truth. The characters out to find the truth are presented as behaving so evilly that Dick Dastardly would think that they were overdoing it. And the message in the end isn't to find what actually happened but that whatever you want to believe is the "truth".
>>
>>134498964
I had the opposite experience. Maybe because I moved onto Higurashi after Umineko.

They strongly present a particular solution on an emotional basis. Yes, you can interpret it the way you want, but I feel the point was to accept the illusion that was presented. Why face terrible reality when you can accept a beautiful fantasy?
>>
>>134499046

Not true, because the truth can be a harsh thing, that was the point. People got mad that the author was saying that scrounging for the dirty details no matter the cost kind of made you cynical to things you would otherwise muse over if you weren't looking at it with only cold logic.

It wasn't meant to be interpreted as "hey if you try to use your brain you are a goat".
>>
>>134499046
The irony of me defending reality when I am immersed in such an escapist hobby is not lost to me. Still, I cannot agree with the definition of truth that Ryukishi presented.

It's interesting that Umineko was less popular than Higurashi in general. I don't have sales figures for the games themselves, however the Higurashi anime was meant to be a single season but it sold so well it got a second season as well as around 11 OVAs, while the Umineko anime sold so poorly it died after a single season. Also the popularity polls on Ryukishi's site showed a gradual increase in number of voters over time for Higurashi, but a gradual decrease for Umineko. Ryukishi eventually actually stopped posting the number of voters on the Umineko polls.
>>
>>134498122
>Nothing is revealed
But the responsible people are pretty much revealed.
The only thing left up to you to decide is the scale of their guilt.
>>
File: erika.png (140 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
erika.png
140 KB, 640x479
>>134496275
Is the sprite remake + voiced version worth rereading?
>>
>>134499173
To be fair, the anime sales comparison doesn't make any sense as a meter of judgement for the source material.

Higurashi was an easier anime to sell, and the gore aspect of it made it insanely popular amongst secondaries and casual 'cartoon' watchers who just saw it as another one of 'those whacky violent cartoons'.
Plus, it's more enjoyable as a standalone story even if you don't finish it.

The Umineko anime didn't do well because it was done horribly. The music in Umineko and the internal dialogue are pretty much 90% of the source of enjoyment, and the anime has neither of them.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.