[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11
File: sy.jpg (45 KB, 670x437) Image search: [Google]
sy.jpg
45 KB, 670x437
thoughts?
>>
>>134493856
Great show, great character development, amazing atmosphere and world building. A bit slow. 9/10 desu
>>
squeaky did nothing wrong
>>
>>134494032
He fucking killed the red haired bitch and her boy toy while maiming them and forcing them to have a child. He is far from doing nothing wrong. That being said queer rats position was pretty shitty in the society.

Other note, sound track is amazing.
>>
The first ED is god tier.
>>
>>134493856
Would be unbearable if not for the rats and Saki's ass.
>>
>>134493856
In my top 5 shows. Besides some QUALITY episodes, there isn't much to complain about.
>>
>>134494450
She has an ass?
>>
>>134493856
Pretentious hipster shit.
>>
>>134493856
Before the show premiered I thought squealer was an owl in this picture.
>>
>>134493856
Decent concept, mediocre story that wastes a ton of time and only gets interesting at the end, fucking awful characters with no tangible development, awful animation and some of the worst editing and direction I've seen in a series.

There are good things about this series and I enjoyed the mysterious tone early on and some of the drama towards the end, but the story isn't that great and goddamn did they do a poor job making an anime out of it.
>>
>>134493856
My Personal #1
>>134494201
Also this
>>
>>134494201
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zGGzj9ZkWPs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
>>
>>134493856
Just below god tier
>>
>>134493856
It's a good show
>>
File: 1114.png (367 KB, 414x487) Image search: [Google]
1114.png
367 KB, 414x487
Thought it only got interesting when Squealer's betrayal was announced, Still one of the best things I've watched though.

They know how to do cliff hangers properly.
>>
>>134493856
show with a lot of great stuff. really ruined by the lack of budget in some episodes. don't know if they fixed most of those animation but those were pretty bad.
>>
no cancerous fan base
also this >>134494011

masterpiece to me
>>
>>134495044
I'm 9 episodes in and I overall agree with your view on the series, but it's still early to say it.
Certainly the worst thing of all until now is the directing though, I found myself often wondering what the fuck was happening because the show does a poor job at making things clear, and it's obvious it's not intentional.
>>
>>134495333
Ever thought that maybe you are the reason that you don't know what is going on?
>>
>>134495333
Yeah, the problems for me were deeper than the animation simply being bad. The way that scenes were directed, especially when there's action going on, makes it incredibly hard to follow whats happening and where everybody is in relation to each other. Its terrible.
>>
>>134495333
It is a bit odd, but you should by 9 episodes have a general idea of what is going on. Keep going it'll be worth it.
>>
File: 233302.jpg (44 KB, 700x879) Image search: [Google]
233302.jpg
44 KB, 700x879
>>134493856
rat man din du nuffin wrong
>>
>>134495333
>>134495376
Did not feel like that at all. Why should it even be a bad thing that you don't know exactly what's going to happen? An unpredictable series that still makes sense is far better than a generic boring story.
>>
>>134493856
The first ED is way too good to exist.
>>
>>134495455
You're not understanding what I'm saying at all. I'm not talking about the storyline. The choice of camera angles and the way shots are sequenced in a lot of scenes, especially early in the series, makes it difficult to follow the sequence of events or even grasp where characters supposed to be standing. It has nothing to do with the story, I'm saying the direction makes the moment-to-moment events frustratingly difficult to piece together.

I did notice that problem become less common as the series progressed, so if you don't know what I'm talking about go back and watch some of the action scenes with the kids fighting Queerats in the woods in the early episodes.
>>
>>134495486
But it does exist. Isn't this world we live in nice sometimes?
>>
>>134495366
Nah.

Stuff like FLCL is hard to follow but the directing is exceptional and makes perfect sense, you can complete the puzzle with every pieces the show offers to you.

This is hard to follow because the anime doesn't have enough pieces to complete the puzzle.

>>134495376
Yeah, like in episode 5 where that priest made a shield to defend himself from the attack and died. It was deducible from its bandana falling off to the ground, but the characters's reactions were too tame and I initially thought he was only injured. Found out later he actually died there.
That scene was strange and unnatural as fuck.

>>134495542
Totally agree.
>>
>>134494087
The queerat situation made all the atrocities squealer commited a necessity if they ever hoped to achieve their goals
>>
>>134495542
>>134495675
It's supposed to be like that you faggot. Get some taste.
>inb4 >its supposed to be like that
it's art
>>
File: 1448937117494.jpg (83 KB, 648x960) Image search: [Google]
1448937117494.jpg
83 KB, 648x960
What's it called?
>>
>>134495878
The girl being groomed to become the future leader for the humans owed Squealer a personal favor and was a Queerat sympathizer for her entire life.

It would be a long road ahead to start healing all the prejudices and hatred but Squealer definitely had diplomatic options outside of genocide. In the end he probably hurt the future prospects of the cause more than anything, the whole thing collapsed because he bet the future of his entire race on a fallible, unpredictable weapon, and hatred for queerats is more present than ever before.
>>
>>134496018
>In the end he probably hurt the future prospects of the cause more than anything
Literally Hitler
>>
>>134493856

I'm on episode 10 now. Not reading anything else in this thread for safety. I'm just throwing out there that this show is good so far, but it's a fucking gold mine of QUALITY and shit directing. It has some of the most jarring scene transitions I've ever seen. There's no sense of distance traveled at any point. The episodes with the queerrat war were borderline comedy because the visual representation of it was so disconnected from the actual number of them fighting. It's just fucking incompetent.
>>
>>134493856
Really gay
>>
File: shin_sekai_yori_17_4.jpg (30 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
shin_sekai_yori_17_4.jpg
30 KB, 640x360
>>134496018
You forget it's the humans that struck first.

Because Squealer started developing a democratic queerrat society and proclaimed egalitarian values, the robber fly colony was marked for genocide.

Squealer had done nothing to the humans at that point and all because he and his colony showed free thought and a revolutionary attitude, they were struck at first.

Everything Squealer did was in self defense, he even tried the diplomatic route and was rebuffed.

Dear comrade Squealer did nothing wrong, he led literally a peoples revolution.
>>
It started to show real promise when all the info dumping and homo bonobo monkey shit was tossed to the side. Really picked up when Shun went full karma demon. Everything was GOAT after the second timeskip.
>>
Animation went full shite after 4th episode
Music's cool
Story and characters are all shite except that little mole rat bastard, he was true ningen after all. These power hungry fuckers all were like horny teenage monkeys and I didn't like them at all.
6/10
>>
>>134494087
NOT SPOILERING THIS SHIT. SHAME ON YOU FAGGOT
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
>Squealer has the same voice as Hisoka

God tier range, Jesus Christ
>>
Surprisingly garbage. The setting was interesting in the earlier episodes when it was still a mystery, then became a completely obnoxious amalgam of shitty pop science ideas. The human characters are all unlikable and uninteresting except for the one kid that they killed off. On that note, they seemed to realize that having a character with both a conscience and a spine would compromise their shittily thought out setting, so they wrote him off in a way that felt very rushed. Any human character that could have made the drama interesting was killed off before they could help make a thought provoking narrative (kid mentioned above, the flier and her boy toy, and then their child), leaving Squeeler and the other queerrat general as the only interesting personalities. Overall, it's unclear what the narrative intended to accomplish, and the whole thing comes off ugly and confusing. The only thing I remember feeling at the end is regret that the queerrats hadn't won and slaughtered all the humans, and annoyance at the dimness of the MC's societal introspection as she considers that maybe, just MAYBE the structure of their society merited some change (never mind the children waiting to be violently dismembered for poor school performance).

>>134496018
Slaves don't attain freedom through diplomacy. It is always in the interest of slavemasters that they remain slaves. The only way slaves attain freedom is through violence or threat of violence, neither of which have any weight behind them unless the queerrats have a psychic ally that can fight the humans. Also, what >>134496192 said.

The whole show has a sociopolitical theme, but fails to craft a thought provoking message, or perhaps any message at all. The best and most memorable part was the lesbian breast nuzzling scene.
>>
File: 1416231257809.jpg (110 KB, 876x719) Image search: [Google]
1416231257809.jpg
110 KB, 876x719
>>134493856
Not moe and doesn't cater to otaku enough. 2/10 (As reflected in sales)
>>
Squealer did plenty wrong, but no great conquest has ever gone without the betrayal of morality.

First world society is based upon countless acts of exploitation and violence. It's pleasant and convenient to think "I would never go through such lengths to achieve this", " Surely there are other ways of doing this" and "The end does not justify the means" but in the end its just a convenient front the complacent and the uneducated put to make themselves feel like they are great for loving their fellow man.

Squealer wanted power so that he, and by extension those who stood by him would no longer suffer, I can not hate his actions.
>>
>>134495962
This isn't Catch-22, and the direction isn't meant to convey the chaos of war. The scenes that have weird or confusing direction have nothing thematic in common.
>>
>>134496452
>Squealer wanted power so that he, and by extension those who stood by him would no longer suffer

That's literally Hitler though
>>
>>134496493
Hitler had benevolent intentions.
>>
>>134496493
Hitler did great by his country, though his means were unsavory and inconvenient for powers which rivaled or outweighed his. He overstepped his boundaries and he got crushed.

Did he do wrong? Of course he did, but had he succeeded and society moved forward under his rule would our perspective of him be different? Very likely. There is much truth in the old saying, "History is written by the victors."
>>
File: saki dat ass.jpg (228 KB, 800x1119) Image search: [Google]
saki dat ass.jpg
228 KB, 800x1119
>>134494641
>>
>>134498311
>fan art

trash
>>
O T P
T
P
>>
Also, was this scene imply a threesome?
>>
>>134496192
>Squealer had done nothing to the humans at that point
Except for the abducting and maiming part.

>Dear comrade Squealer did nothing wrong, he led literally a peoples revolution.
It ties in pretty well to the core theme of humans in general being shit, when rats have better motives than "us".
>>
>>134498639
This episode made me so goddamn mad.
>>
>>134498927
Is that where Saki restores Satoru's Cantus? Because that was really good in the book.
>>
>>134498827
>Except for the abducting and maiming part.
Hey, buddy, the humans were ordering them to do that anyway; to dispose of low-key threats that didn't warrant sending out the stiletto-heel cats.
Queerat assassins were the first line of prophylactic defence against potential karma demons and whatnot.
>>
>>134498973
Pretty sure that was when they were taken hostage by the rats and wanted to fugg.
>>
Pretentious garbage
>>
Why didn't they just turn the people who are the source of violence and a danger to humanity into normal people instead of you know turning everyone else into rats?
Does being able to make shit float with your thoughts really make society that much better?
>>
>>134499565
Because at least one person would be left with the powers at the end?
>>
I have in this my backlog for some time now and keep seeing threads for it

I should start soon
>>
>>134499565
What?
Do you mean they should turn people with Cantus/Superpowers into normal people without Cantus if they turn violent?

Didn't they intent for that part when Saki restored the Satoru's Cantus to show that such a method isn't actually reliable?
>>
>>134495180
the hell are you doing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV31EHwtayo
>>
>>134499565
Because they wanted to keep their supe special powers.
>>
Amazing 9/10
>>
>>134499565

Yes, obviously. If I was one of the psychic elite, I would damn well want my children to be ubermensch.

Look, it's the pretty humans versus the ugly rats. I'll side the gorgeous people every time.
>>
>>134500350
Just eradicate cantus as a whole through genetic engineering
>>
>>134500582

Dude, superpowers are fucking awesome. How are you going to 'breed out' the people who are the most powerful? They'll rip your head off your torso and shit down your neck before you could reach them with a needle.
>>
>>134493856
The manga is better and hotter.
>>
>>134500582
They probably could have done that. But they don't want to and I can hardly blame them. They want a working society and überhumanity. Getting greedy like that is what (almost, depending on your viewpoint) caused their plan to fail.
>>
>>134500647
>hotter
Sure.
>>134500647
>better
Now you're just being silly. You are refering to the book, right?
>>
Maybe the saddest thing I've watched recently. Squealer was shit, but everybody was a piece of crap, MUH SOCIETY, MUH COHESION, KILL EVERYBODY WHO MAY DISRUPT IT EVEN IF IT IS A CHILD.
>>
Overrated hipster reddit edgy boring tumblrshit that tried too hard to be monogatari
>>
>>134494011
>great character development
>characters getting their memories erased about 2-3 times
>character development
The problem with the characters is that they are bland as fuck, since they're supposed to be normal people but with free will. That still doesn't make them interesting.

That's probably my only major complaint of the show.
>>
File: 015.png (2 MB, 2161x1600) Image search: [Google]
015.png
2 MB, 2161x1600
So Squeeler wanted to raise human babies as slaves, using the negative feedback as a way to control them as they wouldnt be able to kill the molerats since they considered themselves rats.
What would happen if one of the slaves powers got out of control? They spent a large part of the series explaining how the kids are constantly tested and controlled to keep their powers in check
>>
>>134501521
Pretty certain that's just manga stuff. They had only Shun+Maria's baby in the show and fairly certainly also in the book. They don't have death feedback or attack inhibition though. If that kid loses its shit, they'll get rid of it.
>>
>>134494011
Agree, although I agree with the anon who responded about the characters feeling bland. Sadly for this show, it was too slow IMO
>>
>>134493856
I couldn't get through it.
I know everyone seem to love it, but it thought it was quite boring after a few epsidoes, maybe i'll finish it one day
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.