[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you watching Lupin, /a/? >no barrier of entry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10
Why aren't you watching Lupin, /a/?

>no barrier of entry
>action-adventure with decent amounts of action and adventure
>protagonist is adult male with vibrant, goofy personality, will not make speeches or ruminate on the inane, does not need internal monologues to be engaging
>not based on a light novel
>not set in a high school, characters are not part of a larceny club nor is the MC involved in a ranking system and placed at the bottom for a dumb reason or other silly organizational/ceremonial fluff
>one of the most popular series of all time so you can't be a hipster about it
>not exactly the usual late night anime offering, so be a hipster anyway
>MC has male friends that have their own adventures, MC is more likely to be the butt of jokes than they are
>top-tier waifu with timeless qualities in form of Mine Fujiko as well as the odd episodic girls
>no simulcast, get the authentic fansubbing experience via a dedicated Italian with odd translator notes and an Italian dub with a theme song of questionable quality
>>
I do
>>
>>134439933
It's boring
>>
>>134439933
I literally just finished watching the original series.
It was really good, more than I'd ever expected it to be.
>>
>>134440579
Japanese theme is sexy
No-one is fucking subbing
>>
File: 7 8 9.jpg (276 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
7 8 9.jpg
276 KB, 720x1280
>italian
well no one's gonna sub the japanese version so I guess i might as well download italian ones
>>
>>134440812
The subs are being retimed for the Japanese episodes as they come out, since the Japanese episodes are way behind on account of the Italians airing multiple episodes every week, and starting a month before. And also one episode is OVA only for Japan.
>>
>>134439933

I've been meaning to watch one of the films lately, I've got these in my Lupin folder so far:

The Hemmingway Papers
From Russia With Love
Another Page
Fuma Conspiracy
Napoleon no Jisho o Ubae
Legend of the Gold Babylon

Which one should I go for?
>>
>>134440969
>dat line thickness
>>
>>134440984
Babylon.
>>
>>134439933
>no barrier of entry
Are all the stories self contained?
>>
>>134441167
Well, obviously you want watch the Blue Jacket series in episode order but the idea of continuity between series is nebulous at best, beyond some rare times Red Jacket referenced a villain from a Green Jacket episode.
>>
I'm waiting for more of the Japanese episodes to come out and for people to retime the subs so I don't have to. The first three or so episodes I watched were pretty good, though. In the meantime, I'm watching the other Lupin series and just got to 80 in Part II.

>>134440871
You don't really need to, but it is pretty good, so go do that right now.
>>
This isn't being subbed from JP. No IT to JP to ENG subs for me, WHY IS FANSUBBING SO DEAD?
>>
>>134441503
The Italian script is similar enough for the most part. The subs work for both outside of needing to tweak the timing for the JP episodes.
>>
>>134441503
It's more like IT to ENG then put over JP. Italian to Japanese then back into a language that has more in common with Italian than Japanese would be kind of weird.
>>
>>134439933
>no barrier of entry
How true is this? I've wanted to watch Lupin for a while but I don't know where I'd find the time for 300+ episodes for a single series.
>>
>>134441780
The first series (Green Jacket) from I think the 60's is only around 26 episodes, so you could start there if you want to get the general gist of the characters. It shows how Goemon meets and joins Lupin's crew and somewhat the same with Fujiko. Jigen, the dude with the beard and hat, is explained in a movie, so you might want to watch that as well. Everything else about the series is pretty standalone for the most part, but I guess this new series has some overarching stuff? I'm not too sure since I've only seen the first few episodes.

The second series (Red Jacket) is pretty long, but it's also worth watching. It would be difficult to marathon due to the episodic nature of the series, however.
>>
>>134441780
You can start with Blue Jacket. Pretty much every Lupin series/"season" lives on its own and the older ones, the Green, Red and Pink series from the 70s and 80s, are so episodic you could pretty much just pick an episode at random once you're more familiar with the characters.
>>
I am.
>>
LUPIN DA THIRD
>>
So which release am I supposed to look out for on Nyaa?
>>
>>134442424

Neo did a good release of the first season, no idea if he's worked on the second or third ones yet.
>>
>>134439933
I am

I actually really like the new Fujido design
>>
>>134439933
Usually I expect OP's that start like that go be bait, but you've actually convinced me to watch it.
>>
>>134442447
Sorry, should have precised I'm talking about Blue Jacket. Mostly asking because japanese and italian versions seem to have some differences, mostly regarding the music.
>>
>>134442505
I agree anon, her makeup and hair are lovely.

Rebecca is cute in a mermaid kind of way.
>>
>>134439933
Too much series and movies
>>
>>134440984
Fuma Conspiracy.
I just watched Dead or Alive though and if you like a 90s scifi feel I'd recommend.
>>
>>134442882
All you really need is to know who the characters are. None of the series is required to enjoy the rest of it, but pretty much everything is worth watching, even Lupin VIII.
>>
>>134439933
>dad-anime
I'll stick to SoL moeshit and RomComs
>>
>>134442112
>>134442251
Thanks, I'll check out the plot film and the 71 series after I finish the series I'm currently watching.
>>
File: Lupin III 1.png (817 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Lupin III 1.png
817 KB, 1280x720
Japanese sub of episode 10 just came out a smidge ago. Gonna go watch soon!

Pic is my reaction to people who don't like Lupin III.
>>
>>134443335
How many Japanese episodes have aired, anyway?
>>
>>134441332
I want them to release series 2 and 3 sets in the states. I have the first series and it is great but I just know I would enjoy the show 5 times more if I could put in the discs for the episodes.
>>
>>134444833
10, desu.
>>
>>134445205
It's a real shame every time they attempt to license it for the west something fucks it all up.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.