[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragonball is so lame now. Remember when Piccolo ripped his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: uXsjkYQ.webm (142 KB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
uXsjkYQ.webm
142 KB, 400x226
Dragonball is so lame now.

Remember when Piccolo ripped his arm off when he fought Goku? Compare it to this.

Stupid tame-ass Japs.
>>
>>134417721
They reall reduced the amount of blood. For shame.
>>
>>134417721

who cares? it was purple blood(or was it green? i dont fucking know).

piccolo got his arm ripped off so much in the series that its almost always expected now. we all know he will regenerate it back anyway.

tien getting his arm torn off was the better seeing as how he cant regenerate his arm. and he still fought with his arm torn off like a bad ass.
>>
File: 23523626.png (219 KB, 555x164) Image search: [Google]
23523626.png
219 KB, 555x164
Pic related. Shonen has gotten way less gory over the last 10-15 years for whatever reason.

except HxH
>>
What is the best version of the DB anime to watch?
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=1_37&filter=0&term=dragon+ball+153
>>
>>134418836
It was One Piece. OP was tame as fuck and Naruto followed suit and became less gory as time went on.
>>
>>134418925
>>134418836

Bleach still has it's gory moments. Manga only though.
>>
>>134418917
oh, you mean the first Dragon Ball series?

Any that you can find as long as it's not a shitty dub.
>>
Japs are not tame. It's really just an iconic series lacking for the violence it used to show. Most anime do not shy away from violence, it just seems that Toei are trying to make the series very friendly for western child audiences.
>>
>>134417721
It airs at 9:00 am on Fuji TV. What were you expecting?

Yeah, in the past they got away with more but we don't live in those times anymore.
>>
File: Untitled.png (246 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
246 KB, 640x480
>>134417721
Anyone remember Nail?
>>
>>134417721
the show somehow....SOMEHOW found a way to become MORE filler

everything feels pointless too. like, who cares? great another transformation. oh man there's gonna be another one soon, then another one after that.
also whats the point having 20 useless characters just so goku can save the day?

I'm just hoping that, because of the slow pace of the bigger plot, that this show becomes pretty good down the road.
>>
>>134422738
Not only did it somehow manage to get even more filler, but it somehow managed this despite no longer having a fucking manga to keep up with. TOEI can no longer be blamed, it's all Toriyama from this point on.

>>134421070
>It airs at 9:00 am on Fuji TV. What were you expecting?
This shit, as well as the content of Super, always makes me wonder who the fucking target audience for this shit is. The progress from Dragonball to DBZ made sense: as time passed, Goku matured along with the reader. The guys who were young teenagers during Goku's first adventures are adults right now. But who is the target audience for Super? It's tame and childish so obviously it's not the old fans of DBZ. I'd say that the timeframe and content imply it's for young children, but the show refers to earlier events they'd be too young to remember, and even with catching up they'd have to read/watch through some pretty gory material.

So who the fuck is this shit intended for, other than fanboys that will protect Super as a "return to the campy Dragonball style" or "a fun slice of life" or whatever buzzwords they use to defend complete and utter shit?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.