[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a practical outfit for fighting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: 1448821056238.png (641 KB, 742x1049) Image search: [Google]
1448821056238.png
641 KB, 742x1049
Is this a practical outfit for fighting?
>>
>>134155971
Yeah, it allows for tons of flexibility. That cloak also allows the ability to blind the enemy by spinning.
>>
>>134155971
nope, it would lose instantly when fighting my raging erection
>>
>>134156006
>spinning
kek'd
>>
Is that a ring pop sword.

Blueberry flavoured?
>>
>>134155971
Pretty sure it make it worse for her. My sword has the ability to turn into diamond when I see an outfit like that.
>>
File: 1413292599608.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1413292599608.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>134156006
>That cloak also allows the ability to blind the enemy by spinning.
>>
File: that'sagoodtrick.jpg (26 KB, 566x238) Image search: [Google]
that'sagoodtrick.jpg
26 KB, 566x238
>>134156006
>>
File: Capo-Ferro-Cloak.jpg (109 KB, 783x429) Image search: [Google]
Capo-Ferro-Cloak.jpg
109 KB, 783x429
>>134156006
>by spinning
And having your back turned against your opponent?

Cloak can be (and has been) used in fighting, though. Cloak and dagger, cloak and rapier and such like. Several layers of fabric actually offer a good degree of protection against bladed weapons and it can be used to conceal your moves or for other such trickery.

Ignoring the cloak (drop it or use it in your offhand), her skirt thingy would get in the way as would her hair and those boots seem fairly robust while historically people used very light shoes in fencing, I don't know how cumbersome they might be to wear.

In addition, while one unarmoured combat outfit isn't ultimately much different than another unless you wear high heels, corsets, cravats or some other particularly cumbersome or exploitable clothing, if armour is allowed, the ideal tradeoff between mobility, visibility and protection comes down to a full suit of plate armour (including padding and with pre-15th century armour at least you'd also be wearing a mail hauberk) with an open helmet.
>>
>>134155971
Shiburin event rerun when, cygames? I need more water SRs.
>>
>>134158025
Of course, cloak wouldn't be your first choice of a weapon given the choice. Buckler or a parrying dagger accomplishes pretty much the same thing but better, for example, never mind weapons you can't properly wear (unlike swords and cloaks). But it's useful enough to have found its way to fighting manuals.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.