[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /a/ think of Funimation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
I personally hate them with a passion and I can't even bring myself to download their rips because they usually have bad subs, shit encoding and terrible typesetting.

Why do people pay for their shit streaming service?
>>
Fuck off Crunchyshill.
>>
Absolutely based. They've come a long way.
>>
>>134072735
>shit streaming service
That's redundant.
Streaming services are inherently shit.
>>
They saved anime. I am proud to consider myself a member of the Funimation generation.
>>
They're good at marketing. It was fun watching all those ret/a/rds falling for MoMH marketing campaign and ironically buying it 6 years after release.
>>
Why would anyone subscribe to their streaming service when all their shit is already on hulu?
>>
>>134072735
It's shit
>>
>>134072735
>buy a funimation BD
>it has a fucking ad before I get to the menu
You were right /a/. Never buy from a western distributor if you want to support the studio.
>>
>>134074636
I brought two and one of them had the ad before the menu and one didn't. It was like watching VHS again.
>>
B-but they sent me an email on my birthday
>>
>>134072735
Absolute cancer. World would be a better place if they didn't exist. I don't bother downloading their rips either because of hardsubs and horrible banding.
The only localization company I hate more is NISA.
>>
>>134072735
Would be nice if they just died.

At least Senketsu Subs are reliable at OCRing their stuff, not that it makes Funis terrible subs any better.
>>
As a yuropoor, the existence of Funimation is irrelevant for me, whereas Crunchyroll is more of an annoyance, because their service is shit, and their library is way smaller despite having to pay as much as Americans.

Ultimately, nobody really cares about the streaming sites on /a/, however.
>>
Cancer.
>>
>>134075867
You actually had to bump the thread, didn't you?
>>
I don't really care about them. As long as I can read the subs that's all that matters, my standards are too low to let it bother me.
>>
>>134074636
Are there any distributors that aren't cancer with BDs?
>>
>>134075919
Just pirate if your other option would be to throw money at some shitty middle man.
>>
They're alright but I doubt many will forgive them for the fiasco with Prison School.
>>
>>134075275
If you're downloading HS they are affecting you.
>>
>>134076794
What fiasco?
>>
>>134076840
Something about mentioning gamergate. That /v/ thing that nobody really knows what it is about, and that nobody really cares for.
>>
>>134076840
/v/ made a huge deal out of it when the subs spoke of gamergate.
>>
>>134076869
Basically. Really, it's fucking stupid. But it wasn't right to change the script anyway.
>>
>>134076869
>>134076878
Oh that. I thought it was just a slightly humorous thing that a small group of people that gets upset easily got upset over. Certainly not worthy of the term fiasco.
>>
>>134076794
It still cracked me up that they did that, did they think that the entire audience was going to be white knights? Did they think that they were going to get the core audience to rage buy?

Anyone know what the sales figures are like for Prison School?
>>
Funimation is literally the best streaming service current gen
>>
>>134072735
You'd know if you weren't new.
>>
>>134078302
>It still cracked me up that they did that
Believe me, the thought of this stunt makes me die with laughter.
>>
>>134078813
Yeah, I'm glad I wasn't too into Prison School. I liked the Ass Speech, but I wasn't too into the constant PAIN and SUFFERING.
>>
>>134076928
Whether or not you side with gamergate, the very action is despicable.
They're supposed to be translating and dubbing anime, not rewriting it for a cheap, topical joke.
>>
Actual buyfag of anime here. I rarely buy from Funimation. I buy like one show of theres for every 10 or so from Sentai and/or NISA (the latter only for WORKING, Love Live and Yuru Yuri). Last Funi show I got was Inari Kon Kon, a sub only show. One thing I can't stand is how slow they are with some of their releases. Where's Strike Witches the movie? The only thing I want that they picked up recently is Valkyrie Drive.
>>
>>134079020
I love the ass speech. It's stupid in a good way.
>>
>>134079114
Depends on the anime, Shinesman only really works as the dub for example.

That's not to say I felt the Gamergate comment was necessary or appropriate, because it wasn't, just that it's between the licensor and the licensee what the extent of actual translation/rewrite is ok and in the end it's a matter of 'who would this series appeal best to' that should determine that.

The GG comment was inserted specifically due to the translator's personal political beliefs and damaged the saleability of the Prison School anime, not the least of which because of the bad PR handling after the fact.
>>
Better than CR

If only their releases weren't hardsubbed and with terrible colors...
>>
>>134079244
The only part that kills me is that it was complete bullshit on the part of the guy saying it, but that's from a personal standpoint. From a comedy standpoint, it's funnier as it is.
>>
>>134075919
Nothing I've bought from Discotek has had advertisements that can't be skipped.
>>
File: Sir Zechs.jpg (62 KB, 585x415) Image search: [Google]
Sir Zechs.jpg
62 KB, 585x415
They took an ecchi harem anime (Highschool DxD) and censored it. While making sure they got some names wrong, pic related.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.