[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Obviously "Griffith did nothing wrong" is just a meme,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: griffith.jpg (104 KB, 610x763) Image search: [Google]
griffith.jpg
104 KB, 610x763
Obviously "Griffith did nothing wrong" is just a meme, but we can agree that sacrificing a band of mercenaries - people who make a living killing other people - isn't exactly the worst thing anyone has ever done, right?

The main thing that makes Griffith evil is his sacrifice of everyone at St Albion so he could be reborn, followed up by him raping Casca and spunking all over her and Guts' baby. Prince Adonis' death was also pretty awful and he didn't show remorse for it, but in the end that was Guts' fault.

Of course, when we find out what Griffith and the Godhand's big plan is it'll probably be pretty bad, but given what we currently know about him I don't think you can say that Griffith is any worse than anyone else in the Berserk world (Ganishka, for example).
>>
>>133971439
He sacrificed his friends, people who loved and cherished him and would give their lives for him.
>>
>>133971554
>He sacrificed his friends
>would give their lives for him.
So what's the issue?
>>
>>133971611
Your parents would probably give their lives for you, does that mean you should sacrifice them for your own selfish gains?
>>
>>133971645
No, but my parents aren't mercenaries.
>>
So can someone please explain why there was a naked creature on top of Guts and why it got stickied?
>>
>>133971661
A mercenary getting sacrificed by their leader friend to demons is not the same as dying in battle against an enemy for money.

I'm tired of this shitposting.
>>
>>133971611
They were willing to risk their life.
Not getting eaten by demons.
>>
>>133971722
No it's not the same. But it still could have been far fucking worse. The Band of the Hawk were, for the most part, not good people. Griffith did something wrong but it's not exactly top villain tier.

>Griffith was greedy to kill all those people just so he could get power!
And Band of the Hawk members aren't bad for killing whoever the fuck so they can get cash for whatever reasons they have?
>>
>>133971710
PLEASE RESPOND
>>
>>133971862
It's Shierke, who was naked because she was trying to give Casca a bath.

It was stickied because they're off the boat.
>>
>>133971844
Do you know what a bond is?

The band were like family, and in those times being a mercenary was common. Your bros aren't the same as any stranger regardless.
>>
>>133971611
>would give their lives for him
>he accepts and takes their lives
>bu-but Griffith is the bad guy

Really?
>>
>>133971844
>Band of the Hawk members aren't bad for killing whoever the fuck so they can get cash for whatever reasons they have?
Mercenaries are just tools. They're not to blame; the evil ones are those who pay them because they don't want to get their own hands dirty. They're basically taking someone else's sins on themselves. Sound familiar?
>>
>>133971554
Let's see how great decisions you would make after being tortured for a year.
>>
>>133972092
>Band of the Hawk are like Jesus
Could this be the birth of an eric new meme?
>>
File: I came here to sacrifice you.jpg (76 KB, 639x479) Image search: [Google]
I came here to sacrifice you.jpg
76 KB, 639x479
>>133971439
It should also be considered that at the time, Griffith had just experienced years of torture and was but a shadow of his former self.

His mind and willpower were shattered, his body was broken, and he was conscious he would have had to live the rest of his life as a pathetic cripple unable to hold a sword, wear an armor, make love, or even stand by himself.

For someone as extraordinary and ambitious as Griffith, it's shocking but not that unexpected he would go as far as to sacrifice his friends to escape the terrible situation he was in and achieve his dream.

In the context of the story, however, the Band of the Hawk is far from a bunch of stereotypical mercenaries: they all loved, admired and utterly trusted Griffith, felt like they were a family and a group destined to great things... despite they were making a living out of killing, doesn't mean Griffith was right in sacrificing them, or that he's justified because they weren't perfectly good guys (even if some of his band were truly innocent and/or young).

Despite the situation he was in, however, I'm not justifying Griffith or anything like that... just clarifying that he didn't do what he did out of sheer depravity and maliciousness.

Well, except for raping Casca in front of Guts. That was truly a dick move. (pun not intended)
>>
Characters in Berserk ain't black and white.
I like Grifith because I understand where his actions came from. He lost and risked countless lives before in order to reach his dream, a few hundred more did not mean anything.
That's the risk the band of the hawk took when they decided to help Griffith, worship him as some kind of god and be part of his band.
Now how it happened? yeah, pretty hardcore stuff. But so what? In the world they live in, they could die in horrible ways that don't involve demons just for following Griffith.
>>
File: cripplithscomfylife.png (2 MB, 1088x1600) Image search: [Google]
cripplithscomfylife.png
2 MB, 1088x1600
>>133972186
>>133972230
These.

Also
>unable to hold a sword, wear an armor, make love, or even stand by himself.
>make love
But what about his and Casca's son?
>you will never read a cute doujin about Cripple Griffith and Casca's comfy married life
>>
>>133972292
you will never read a cute doujin about Cripple Griffith and Casca's comfy married life
I'm planning to make one f.am
>>
>>133972292
>pairing casca with the fag who raped her
>>
>>133972417
You are aware Griffith is the love of her life, right?
>>
>>133972390
Hope you're good at drawing cute girly Griffith if I'm frank with you kin.

>>133972417
Femto raped Casca. There is nothing wrong with pairing Casca with pre-Eclipse Griffith.
>>
>>133972186
I wonder, since the manga describes Behelits as the final tears of the broken people who sacrificed those closest to them, does that mean finding the Behelit created when Griffith became Femto will possibly let them turn the good parts that were cast out of Grifith into a weapon against him?

In a sort of happier counterpoint to the Skull Knight just making Behelits into sword-enchantments they could summon the "Ghosts" or "Echoes" of the original person's conscience.

>>133972417
At that point Griffith had already expelled the last shards of his "Soul" so to speak.
>>
>>133971439
>rape is worse than the torture and murder of hundreds of former allies
Tumblr, please.
>>
>>133972444
Kinda off topic but Griffith was more of a crush she had for a long time. Guts was her true love.
>>
>>133972486
You gotta admit though, raping your best friends girlfriend retarded and turning their unborn child into a demon with your devil spunk is a pretty dickish thing to do.
>>
File: tumblr_nl0at05KoS1ql0jk4o2_1280.jpg (198 KB, 552x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nl0at05KoS1ql0jk4o2_1280.jpg
198 KB, 552x600
>>133971439
Griffith is evil, he's the arbiter of a collectivist monotheistic god that exists to create reasons for human suffering, he exists as the saviour of humanity from the suffering that he and the God Hand have caused by incarnating Ganishka and merging the astral and physical worlds, and it is heavily implied that his followers go to the hell vortex when they die.
>>
>>133972505
Not really. Even when she had lost her virginity to guts, she felt jealousy of Charlotte and Griffith.
She rather stay with Griffith than following Guts and make a life with him.
Despite Gut's efforts, Casca could never stop loving Griffith.
>>
Is Griffith a truly bad person? Last I checked he was bringing peace.
>>
>>133972486
The bad part of it was the corrupting of Guts and Casca's child, dooming it to a short, shitty life. The rape in itself wasn't that bad and, again, the Band of the Hawks should all have been willing to die if they were mercenaries. That baby never asked for anything that happened to it though.
>>
>>133972581
>Implying Casca's baby isn't the Moonchild
>>
>>133972505
As if she wasn't hoping for a double-stuff freedom celebration after they busted Griffith out of the hoosegow.
>>
>>133972569
>At night Griffith sneaks around Falconia, sticking his dick in all the pregnant women and spunking on all the babies in their cribs for laughs
>>
File: siru_26_27.png (122 KB, 514x320) Image search: [Google]
siru_26_27.png
122 KB, 514x320
Griffith is a horrible person but a good character.
>>
>>133972576
>and it is heavily implied that his followers go to the hell vortex when they die.
Implied? It's outright stated that's what happened to everyone who was branded.
>>
>>133972930
You implying all the followers in Falconia are branded?
>>
>>133972971
Anyone who gets involved with apostles also ends up in Hell. Remember Vargas?

It's likely the entire population of Falconia is going right into the vortex.
>>
>>133973188
Even Sonia? ;_;
>>
Griffith walked over corpses just to realise his own selfish dream.
So yeah, not better or worse than anyone else.
>>
>SCARIFICE THEM
>"I-I can't they're my friends"
>OH WAHH WAAH DON'T BE A BABY, FUCKING DO IT
">Ok"

Griffith is a fag.
>>
>>133972462
>There is nothing wrong with pairing Casca with pre-Eclipse Griffith.
I like to ship post-Eclipse Griffith with Casca
>>
>>133971722
It is, though, in Griffith's mind, the logical extension of it and his justification. How he went about it is the overtly bad part.
>>
>>133972462
Really, Vivec?
>>
>>133973188
>>133972576
>It's likely the entire population of Falconia is going right into the vortex
Doesn't everyone go to the vortex anyways when they die? I don't remember some sort of heaven or paradise ever mentioned.
>>
File: NOOT.gif (674 KB, 414x317) Image search: [Google]
NOOT.gif
674 KB, 414x317
>>133973222
Yes even your freaky little frog face telepath shit.
>>
>>133973414
Heaven is mentioned theoretically, but it's never been outright stated as fact.
>>
elfs got a lot to explain
>>
Wow. A griffith discussion and no sign of Hawk yet? Rejoice, I hope Hawk died or something.
>>
>>133973414
If you're involved with demons you go to the vortex. If you're a random joe you might end up as a night spirit, which is probably even worse than the vortex. In the vortex you lose all sense of self and stop existing, so there's no eternal suffering or anything, just oblivion. If you end up as a night spirit you spend the whole time suffering and longing for your body again.

I think it's implied Flora, and therefore other good/powerful magic users, end up somewhere nicer in the Astral Realm. Maybe other people do too.
>>
>>133973188
Vargas went to Hell because he was bitter and angry and wanted his chance at revenge more than he wanted paradise.

To get revenge on Slugdude he needed to be part of the Hellspiral.

>>133972576
Does "God Aka the Platonic Idea of Evil" still exist for certain, the chapter was retracted, allegedly for revealing too much too soon, but possibly because Miura wants to leave it open to retcon in the future.
>>
>>133973621
>Vargas went to Hell because he was bitter and angry and wanted his chance at revenge more than he wanted paradise.
I don't think they say this. They just say "anyone involved with demonkind ends up in hell," end of.
>>
>>133973883
I don't remember them specifically saying that, or at least not a super well informed person saying it, Guts may have said it, but that's just his ground-level-up oversimplification.

And we've SEEN souls getting split up in the past, they basically call Behelits the decent parts of someone's soul that get cast out when they use another Behelit.
>>
>>133972581
gtfo griffyndor apologist
>>
so does everyone in berserk go to hell?
>>
>>133973976
Slan says "that's the fate of those who get caught up with demonkind" back in the original Chapter 8. Then as Puck was worried for Guts and Vargas was on the pillar of souls that appeared to drag away the Count I interpreted that as anyone who gets involved with the Apostles goes to Hell, but I could be wrong. Still though, I don't think it's ever explicitly said anywhere why Vargas went to hell.

>And we've SEEN souls getting split up in the past, they basically call Behelits the decent parts of someone's soul that get cast out when they use another Behelit.
I can't remember seeing souls split, or even the nature of Behelits ever being explained within the mango. Any idea whens about it happens?
>>
>>133971710
blame idolmaster
>>
>>133973601
Soo the only way to not suffer for enternity or lose your conscience is becoming some sort of magician? being a simple peasant in the berserk universe must be the worst thing ever.
>>
File: red mage.jpg (561 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
red mage.jpg
561 KB, 1920x1440
Nothing wrong with sacrifing people to get what you want, hell I'll sacrifice all of you if I could
>>
>>133973188
Vargas was eaten, you have to have direct contact with an Apostle to go to hell.
It's somewhat unsure whether EVERYONE in Falconia will go to hell but if they ever get send to the slaughterhouse, then yes, they're going straight to hell.
>>
>>133974278
When Griffith changes, his last tears form a behelit that flies off to join a stream of other behelits.

There was some flowery language abut them crying out the last of their souls or something IIRC.
>>
>>133971645
>selfish gains
He created a utopia of science and progression in the dark ages, even while he was still in the Band of Hawk he had blood on his hands from the sacrifices of his friends to reach his dream.

It was for the greater good, I would've done the same thing for the future of humanity.
>>
File: 133565443656.jpg (117 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
133565443656.jpg
117 KB, 1280x720
>>133974342
Would you really? I'd never even think of sacrificing you anon.
>>
>>133973599
she got banned towards the end of the sticky
>>
Griffith dindu nuffin, he just a 15th century pawn in the book of revelation.
>>
>>133974469
Griffith didn't create a utopia, what he did is the equivalent of setting the town on fire when he owns the fire department. People have the choice between living in Falconia and do exactly what he wants or try to live somewhere else and get raped/eaten by millions of monsters.
>>
>>133974521
She didn't get banned.
>>
>>133974342
You'd sacrifice us because you don't care about us, that's not a meaningful sacrifice.
>>
>>133974469
>I would've done the same thing
I don't believe you would, at least not without having experiencing the same torture Griffith did.
>>
>>133974469
>I would've done the same thing for the future of humanity.
That's what Skull Knight thought too. Look what happened.
>>
How is Grffith not bored to tears? He literally activated god mode and is just playing pretend to follow up on his late dream of conquering a kingdom but he isn't legit at all.
>>
>>133974563
The kingdom he created was large enough to host millions of people with the greatest scientific progression on earth. He also summoned humans worthy of his kingdom via telepathy.

In give or take 100 years, the humans in his kingdom would've reproduced enough to fill the void of the sacrifices left by the people that couldn't make it to his Kingdom.
>>
>>133974587
I hope you get banned. Or shot.
>>
>>133972186
I agree with everything you said, but in the end couldn't this have all just been avoided if he hadn't slept with the princess?
That was a dumb decision.
>>
>>133974692
He should have killed King-Pedo first.
>>
>>133971439
He betrayed his friends by selling them to demons who ate them alive. He also raped his most loyal follower who also happened to be the girlfriend of his best friend.

Id say what he did rates pretty high on the "worst things anyone ever did" scale.
>>
>>133974587
>She
When will this forced meme end, Hawk has mentioned multiple times that he isn't a girl but is a weird fat neckbeard dude that shaves his pubes and sits in his mother's basement jerking off to pictures of Griffith.
He probably likes the attention anons give him for calling him a girl, don't give him that satisfaction.
>>
>>133973621

"It’s because I wanted Berserk's world to be revealed just that far, not any more than that. The appearance of god in the manga conclusively determines its range. I thought that might limit the freedom of the story development.

I myself don’t know if the Idea of Evil will show up again in the manga or not."
>>
>>133974692
Yeah, it was a very dumb decision, but you gotta keep in mind he was still shocked by the fact Guts decided to leave the Band of the Hawk.
>>
Griffith might have done things wrong but he's a great character and deserves to be loved by the fanbase.
>>
>>133974812
Griffith did nothing wrong but he deserves hatred for fucking with the MC.
>>
>>133974812
That is the dumbest thing ive heard in this thread so far.
>>
>>133974804
>he was still shocked by the fact Guts decided to leave the Band of the Hawk.

Guriffisu is such a little bitch
>>
>>133974854
What? You can't like villains?
>>
>>133974812
I like him as a character but I can't wait to masturubate to the page where Guts goes full Doom Guy on him. I love to hate him
>>
>>133974804
Still no reason to completely lose his mind honestly. I mean, I get he was shocked but he really threw everything out the window for some comfort and to accelerate his plans.
Though it doesn't matter since it all worked out in the end and made the princess fall more in love with him.
>>
>>133971554
Nah, they just wanted to become the rich and powerful mercenary gang they used to be, and they needed his leadership skills. Basically use him. As soon as they found out he's crippled, they dumped his ass, and some immediatly ran off to Guts. They were not friends, they were just workers.
>>
>>133975001
Agreed, considering everything was going flawlessly up to that point.

The whole event was made to show how much griffith ultimately cared for Guts and how he couldn't cope with the loss of someone.
>>
Literally a slut.
>>
The Manga will end with Gutts killing the savior of the world and go down as a villain in history, everyone will mourn for Griffith's death.
>>
>>133975085
What are Griffith's hourly rates?
>>
>>133975113
I wouldn't mind that. Didn't Miura say it would be a bittersweet ending?
>>
>>133975148
Depends on how rich you are.
>>
>>133974683

And they still wont be able to do jack shit. Why? Because it's a fucking nightmare out there, and no amount of science can cope with the fact that the world is festered with demons.
>>
>>133975113
Gutts will be an inch from death when his behelit is activated, him and spooky Gaiseric will fix everything somehow and everyone goes back to relative fantasy normality. Also Gutts dies.
>>
File: 1438722715401.png (325 KB, 570x640) Image search: [Google]
1438722715401.png
325 KB, 570x640
>>133971439
Griffith is as evil as it gets, he has absolutely no morals and he cares about his ambition more than he cares about anything else. Still I think it's safe to say that almost anyone would've chose to sacrifice the hawks in that situation. He probably wouldn't have done it if he wasn't crippled, tortured for the last year and had no chance of ever realizing his dream without killing his band.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-08-26-01-16-26.png (346 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-08-26-01-16-26.png
346 KB, 1920x1200
Berserk should end like this
>>
File: 1428946319732.png (161 KB, 341x346) Image search: [Google]
1428946319732.png
161 KB, 341x346
>>133975378
>Guts
>ever becoming an apostle
>>
>>133975497
He really doesn't have to, Gaiseric may have had the same behelit of destiny and he sure as hell ain't no apostle.
>>
>>133975594
Guts must stay human, that's his whole thing.
>>
File: hype.gif (2 MB, 889x500) Image search: [Google]
hype.gif
2 MB, 889x500
>>133975442
>hiatus on boat

Not anymore FUCKERRRR HAHAAA
WOOOOOO
>>
>>133975659
You realize by being branded Gutts isn't entirely human anymore to begin with right? He doesn't have to become an apostle if he's going to the interstice to rek god hand.
>>
>>133975650
>I can't believe he lie to me
fixed
>>
I'm dissapointed that he left the boat.

The meme was better than the 30 years we will wait on the fairy island.
>>
>>133976212
Out with the boat memes in with the island memes
>>
>>133976378
Fuck off you cancerous ban evading avatarfag CUNT
You are worse than !Hawk
Get a trip so I can fucking filter you
>>
>>133976756
I like Berserk as much as you, I don't want to shittpost, I just want to have fun like everyone.
>>
>>133976756
You were banned at least 10 times yesterday, and here you are ban evading yet again
Get the fucking message, improve the quality of your posts and nobody will report you
Now enjoy your posts being deleted
>>
>>133971439
"But they were mercenaries" doesn't work when you're the leader of those mercenaries.
>>
>>133976906
>You were banned at least 10 times yesterday
That was just a game. I was excited for the good news. I almost never do that, so don't worry.
>Get the fucking message
I understand. I was just angry with Hawk. Sorry.
>>
>>133974469
>He created a utopia of science and progression
Falconia will fall, it's a classic bait and switch.
>What's that? Demons everywhere? Come to Falconia, where you can just hide from your problems!
>What's that? Falconia is falling to ruin? Welp, you probably should have dealt with those demons then, huh?
>>
>>133977585
Gutts will cause it's fall, at the moment there is pretty much nothing that is threatening Griffith's Kingdom.
>>
>>133975442
>only hope for human paradise
Falconia is LITERALLY just a repeat of what happened in Midgard. It's a sacrificial pit with a lot of really pretty archetecture.
All of those people are going to die in order to give the god hand flesh. Griffith created fantasy hell to funnel people onto his sacrificial altar.
>>
>>133977610
Griffith is the threat. Falconia is a guilded cage and Griffith just hasn't finished hooking up the wires to electify it.
>>
>>133977745
This
Dont know why people cant see the obvious
>>
>>133977800
I'm wondering what Griffith ultimately plans to do with Falconia, since his dream was to be admired and have an empire and shit
>>
>>133977879
Conquer the rest of the world. Start more shit. Conquer Elfheim. Conquer space.

The possibilities are endless.
>>
>>133977745
Indeed. I think the same thing, the whole kingdom is nothing but a huge altar to serve as food for the demons.
>>133977879
Well, he's not not human anymore, perhaps his desire to reign has become something much bigger to only conform with a simple kingdom.
>>
>>133978043
>he's not not human
Oops, sorry.
>>
>>133971439

Ganishka is not evil. His own son tried to kill him off and at that moment he sacrificed them.

Griffith sacrificed his band because he wanted to have more power.

Ganishka had a reason to kill off his family as they wanted him dead. Griffith just wanted power.

Griffith is pure evil.
>>
>>133977029
I want the underage to leave

>I was just angry with Hawk. Sorry.

Jesus Christ, what is it with Berserk that attracts all these aspies?
>>
>>133978091
I am pretty sure the story with Ganishka has the art tellign a very different tale from his narration.

He basically killed his brother and mom intentionally.
>>
>>133978167
What is your problem with me, anon?
>>
>>133977879
He'll sacrifice the kingdom as was done so in the pass, for some petty ambition most likely.
>>
>>133978251
Him poisoning his brother and driving his mother to suicide after his mommy tried to poison him first is only to explain why he became a paranoid ruler who started conquering shit all around, and why he started fearing his own son, who feared him in return.
Nice little fucked up family.
>>
>>133978406
I thought he just killed both of them from the art and was lying through his teeth about the poison.
>>
>>133972577
no
>>
>>133978495
Why would he lie? Whom would he lie to?
>>
>>133977585
This seems metaphorical for Syria
>>
>>133977916
>>133978043
I can definitely see him trying to conquer more shit
>>
>>133971439
that's like saying "i could care less" - it makes you sound like an idiot
>>
>>133971439
>we can agree that sacrificing a band of mercenaries - people who make a living killing other people - isn't exactly the worst thing anyone has ever done, right?
They were his freinds and only family. He killed them all escept the one he raped to retardation and the one he scarred for life. That's pretty fucked up. I mean, if this is what you can do to your closest friends I don't even want to imagine what you could do to anyone else.
>>
>>133977745
>>133977803
ok, they're sacrifices - for what?
>>
>>133973332
Griffith's only justification is "I want to do this, fuck everything else".
>>
>>133979593
His "friends" and "family" were ready to die at any time for Griffith's dream, the only people Griffith every considered a friend was Gutts.
>>
>>133971611
Fuck off Hawke.
>>
>>133979636
>for Griffith's dream
Not exactly. They were risking their lives to get some money to survive. They trusted Griffithe so much they were ok with putting their lives on his hands. Nobody told them they were going to be terribly slaughtered by demons without any chance to escape because Griffith betrayed them and that their souls would be tortured in the abbys for all eternity.
>>
File: gary.jpg (3 KB, 99x91) Image search: [Google]
gary.jpg
3 KB, 99x91
>>133979822
>abbys
abyss
>>
>>133979822
However, everyone told them that they could die at any second while being in the war. Griffith wouldn't have kept anyone in his army that wasn't ready to die and abandon the fight midway.
>>
>>133980137
Still a difference from being sacrificed to demons and having their souls being sent to Hell.
>>
>>133980137
Did you miss the whole Casca flashback thing? He recruited children without any place to go. He gave them the opportunity to join a dangerous journey instead of selling their ass for food or being criminals and eventually getting into rpison or being killed without any kind of dignity. He looked for vulnerable people that would idolize him. The knew they were doing something dangerous, but they trusted he was guiding them to victory. They thought of him as a savior, not as aomeone that would use them as pawns and sacriffice them all. If you really can't see this you're Hawk-tier delusional, dude.
>>
>>133979849
>>133979822
now im thinking arby's
>>
>>133979604
Read the post you quoted
>>
>>133980321
>nstead of selling their ass for food or b
make love not war
>>
>>133980404
still doesn't tell the why. the god hand doesn't seem to give a fuck other than to float and talk shit to Guts
>>
Has anyone translated the new chapter yet? I wana read now! Bleach, a shitty manga no one cares about anymore takes less than a day to get translated. Berserk? A week. What the fuck?
>>
>>133971611
fucking edge
>>
>>133980551
Berserk takes longer to translate as the dialogue takes much more effort to localise. Unless if you want "Gatsu" tier translations you're better off waiting.
>>
File: FUTFCkm.png (479 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
FUTFCkm.png
479 KB, 625x626
>>133980551
>>
The thing is we dont know the endgame for Griffith.

We know that he changed after the eclipse
>this is the last tear I ever shed
probably means he went full evil and ultimately he wants to rule everything, but we dont know how or when. Does he want to kill Godhand members too? Its very clear that we are yet to see his future plans.
>>
>>133972186
What a blatant Griffith apologist.
>>
>>133980551

Bleach is a quality manga.

I can read Japanese. The chapter was pretty low on information. There is a magical barrier that is on the island and Puck has to guide them. It also mention that Puck could become the new king, but does not want to.

The stones in the chapter act as a magical barrier.
>>
>>133971439
>but we can agree that sacrificing a band of mercenaries - people who make a living killing other people - isn't exactly the worst thing anyone has ever done, right?

Yeah but turning every corner of the world inhabitable may be
>>
File: Daiba2.jpg (40 KB, 365x571) Image search: [Google]
Daiba2.jpg
40 KB, 365x571
Name a human more powerful than Daiba
Reminder that Guts and magic loli had to team up to defeat him
>>
Is Hawk ded?
>>
>>133981019
He got b& yesterday for attentionwhoring
Based mods
>>
>>133980551
someone posted the gist of it in the sticky. sorry you missed it by being a faggot
>>
>>133980978
He blazes it, of course he's the most badass.
>>
>>133980978
>Bob Marley

Obviously
>>
>>133981121
>hooka
>blazin'
>>
>>133980978
I imagine Fiora would kick his sorry skinny ass back to the pigsty.
I mean the bitch held of every single apostle with her magic shizzle and Griffith sent his fucking demon army with Zodd and everyone just for her.

This should mean there ought to be some pretty fucking powerfull mages on Skellig that would wipe the floor with shitty Daiba.
>>
>>133971554
He was very honest about this from the beginning though.
>>
>>133981271
But Flora is dead, right?
>>
>>133975378
>guts dies
no he won't fuck you
>>
>>133981342
Yes, which is why I think the mages at Skellig would kick his ass, not Fiora herself, obviously.
>>
>>133981343
Guts is gunna fuck all the bitches including shierke and sit on Griffiths throne smoking a fat blunt
Calling it now
>>
>>133981373
Had to google Skellig to remember what it is, Berserk fucked up schedule really fuck up my memory of the story.

Anyway, I thought Skellig was rehabilitated only by elfs.
>>
I will settle for no other ending than Guts raping Griffith to death ontop of the rubble's of his kingdom.
>>
>>133981515
Guro Doujins where? I want to see Griffith get violently raped and butchered by Guts
>>
>>133972186
I like your analysis, but I disagree.

What Griffith did was foreshadowed from the beginning. I'm not convinced that him being crippled effected his decisions.

He talked about true friends being able to sacrifice one another, like true friendship is only possible when both people are entirely self-sufficient and apart in some way. Also the references to people being separate from the world, being keys that move the world, etc.
>>
File: Berserk_v3_p082.png (446 KB, 1204x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v3_p082.png
446 KB, 1204x1800
>>133981618
>What Griffith did was foreshadowed from the beginning.

You don't say?
>>
>>133981499
Stated earlier in the manga when Puck told them about it and how he used to fuck with the mages living there, there is also of course the latest RAWs where you clearly see several of magicians observing Guts and his party as they make their way through the islands defenses.
>>
>>133980978
Ganishka. I mean, he might not count as human because he's an Apostle, but even disregarding his Apostle transformation he has a lot of knowledge about magical rituals and shit.

Flora was probably more powerful or on the same level as him. As >>133981271 says Flora's magic holds off a fuckton of Apostles, but we haven't seen anything which says Daiba wouldn't do just as well in a similar situation. He's shown himself as one of, what, three people capable of holding their own against Rakshas, probably one of the most dangerous Apostles.

Plus, Daiba has an advantage in that he's an *incredibly* quick spell caster. From what we know about western magic from Shierke, it involves going into a lot of time consuming trances that leave you vulnerable. Daiba summoned the Kundalini with a single chant and didn't even have to trance.
>>
>>133981515
I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Not even joking, Guts finally defeating Femto and sealing his victory by going berserk and raping him would be unsurprising, or even fitting.
>>
>>133971611
Do you not remember how everyone was fixing to abandon him after seeing his condition?
>>
>>133981515
the series started with rape; only fitting it end with it
>>
Did he make a contract with the devil or something?
Take that as you will.
>>
>>133975082
It was to show how Griffith completely felt apart when things didn't go his way like they always do

>I respect people that chase their dream no matter what, and I'm happy Casca wants my dick but I'm not going to give it to her because I'm cool like that
>yo Griffith I'm leaving to chase my dreams
>no you can't you belong to me! what do you mean I lost a fight? why is my bitch so interested in him anyway? I must immediately do something retarded that will fuck up my life out of this spite

The funny thing is how something so stupid could frustrate him so much.
>>
>All these shitposters

When will mods ever fucking realize that making anything a sticky will ruin subsequent threads on the subject, holy fucking shit,
>>
>>133983592
I think the relationship between Griffith and Guts is what broke Griffith. Guts leaving was tantamount to rejection and being rejected by too much for him.
>>
>>133983743
Maybe you're an autist
There were a bunch of good berserk threads after the sticky this is the first griffithfag one
>>
File: OH FUK.jpg (281 KB, 692x898) Image search: [Google]
OH FUK.jpg
281 KB, 692x898
>>
>>133985783
Congrats for catching up with everyone else
>>
>>133980487
The God Hand are a bunch of megalomaniacs. The only reason the world isn't divided up by the five fingers is because they don't currently have bodies.
>>
>>133972186
>poor griffith is just a victim of the circumstances

nah man, griffith can keep getting away with it, he is a fag and guts will cut his dick and shove it up griffith's throat
>>
>>133971439
Well he did break a woman's mind by raping her with demon strength and what must've been 1.5 foot of dick.

Not sure how she survived either desu. Pelvic plot armor for tragedy most likely.
>>
>>133971439
What's the endgame for this pal?
>>
File: irvine.jpg (293 KB, 679x1000) Image search: [Google]
irvine.jpg
293 KB, 679x1000
Irvine seems like a pretty cool guy, I wonder how and why he became an apostle.
>>
>>133975001

That's what makes it more realistic.

He cant proceed with his planes flawlessly every time, or go about his plans logically 100% of the time, as if he was a robot.

Caska even points out that in the end, she realized Griffith is still just a man.
>>
>>133972186
>just clarifying that he didn't do what he did out of sheer depravity and maliciousness
fucking Charlotte was thou, and that's what led to his demise, well that and being to much of a fag to let gutts go
>>
Fun fact: Guts probably can't read as nobody taught him.
>>
>>133990412

He can"t swing a lady either.
>>
>>133990412
I c-can teach him and cuddle with him later... and hug his penis... I mean, his body ////
>>
>>133990030
Tbh, I like the general tier characters working under Griffith. They just feel like cool characters on the wrong side.
>>
>>133990218
>Griffith proceeds with his planes

What a gary stu, he invented 20th century technology.
>>
>>133983592
What the hell was Guts' dream anyway?

Did he even have a goal to strive for?
>>
>>133991231
nop
he admitted he fucked up by leaving the hawk
>>
This thread is not bad at all. I expected it to get Snk and tokyo ghoul level bullshit but it isnt.
All the crossboarders and outsiders didnt shit up the thread.
>>
Sacrificing people who'd give their lives to save yours, and expect the same in return. Awful. Raping one of them (with a demon body). Pretty damn awful. He could've at least killed her before fucking the body. Clearly wanted her to suffer. Worst thing ever? Possibly not.
As a set up for basically ruining the planet? Probably.

Also:
>>133992160
>thanks for not shitposting
>says nothing of relevance
>>
>Berserk is monthly now
>The art is significantly worse
wake me up
>>
>>133992304
What
>>
>>133992276

But women enjoy rape because they are subcobsciously turned on by strong and confident men for evolutionary reasons. Rape was the standard means of sex for most of human evolution. It has been only recently that the rape being shameful meme has been forced.
>>
File: 1448405495621.png (309 KB, 500x531) Image search: [Google]
1448405495621.png
309 KB, 500x531
Ok so I'm fairly new to Berserk so you'll have to bear with me here but did turning into Femto change Griffith mentally? Or is he still the exact same person just with demon powers and shit?
>>
>>133993030
Nobody is entirely sure

You could argue we dont know what Griffith was like just before he was turned, he had spent a year being tortured horribly.

I am of the camp that says it did change him, I enjoy pre-Eclipse Griffith, even if he is a little overprotective of Guts.
>>
>>133974914
Garou get out
>>
>>133993030

If you mean some inherent automatic change upon becoming an apostle, I don't think so. The entire point of apostles is not just how they become one but also what the same unchanged persons use their new powers for. A random personality warping would not add anything, only remove.
>>
>>133992824
>another species' sexual dimorphism allowing its males to exploit its females means the inclination to form social constructs we evolved since is irrelevant
>what our ancestors evolved to do makes what we evolved to do invalid
Zero awareness. Your arguments are self-defeating.

We survived despite our physical weaknesses due to our social abilities. Now we do things differently.

>>133993186
I would argue that becoming an apostle removes your normal inhibitions. They're not exactly human so their drives and fears are different. Griffith wanted to fuck her, and he did. Apostles have this habit of treating humans like we treat livestock.
>>
Why doesn't griffith kill guts? Does it not even matter anymore that the final sacrifices haven't been killed?
>>
>>133993237
> Griffith wanted to fuck her, and he did.
I always assumed it was more revenge against Guts. During the act he never takes his eyes off of him and makes sure he's watching the whole thing.
>>
Good Morning, /a/~
>>133971439
>we can agree that sacrificing a band of mercenaries isn't exactly the worst thing anyone has ever done, right?
They were not mere mercenaries, they were like a family, what Griffith did was betray his dear friends for power. No matter how you look at it, he's a weak piece of shit, you have to admit it. I like Griffith as a character, he's one of my favorites, but I'm not going to go full fangirl mode and ignore this fact and justify his actions.
>raping Casca
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the fault of Guts too, huh? Listen, Guts has his own free will, anon. Griffith shouldn't have gone mad for that tiny thing (when Guts left the band, I mean) AND he was destined to become part of the Hand of God. It's was his destiny.
>you can say that Griffith is any worse than anyone else in the Berserk world
No, but that doesn't remove the fact that he is a despicable narcissist with god complex. In this manga the world isn't black and white (like our world). No one does pure good or pure bad. It's all gray, and Griffith is the main villain of that world.
>>133972186
>It should also be considered that at the time, Griffith had just experienced years of torture
>it's shocking but not that unexpected he would go as far as to sacrifice his friends to escape
True.
>I'm not justifying Griffith or anything like that... just clarifying that he didn't do what he did out of sheer depravity and maliciousness.
See >>133981618. I couldn't have said it better myself.
>Well, except for raping Casca
Yeah, fuck him.
>>133972576
Blah blah blah, if monopolize people, betray your loved ones, rape your friend, and try to kill your best friend is not evil... then I don't know what it is, and I'm pretty sure that he's planning to kill everyone in Falconia. Pure evil.
>>133974342
Me too, anon. Me too. Except for one or two of you, the rest can die for what I care.
>>133976906
So what? Do you like my post now?
>>
>>133993237

It's not because they are apostles, it's because they are fuck ups who received power. It attempts to show that power corrupts or allows corrupt minds to commit atrocities that they were always inclined to do.
>>
>>133993313
Guts no longer means anything to him, he has let go, I think it was the Hill of swords where he confirmed this for himself. I don't think the sacrificesactually dying is the point either, it's the fact they have been offered for sacrifice. A point to note is people shouldn't be able to escape sacrifice, Guts is outside causality and I guess Caska is too, along with ser skullington.
>>
>>133993361
True enough. I feel like that person who commented "Look at all those ducks there are at least ten." on the video from Taizhou now.
>>
>>133993133
Interesting, I looked at it as Griffith was already unhinged and angry at Guts for leaving and being horribly tortured only furthered that. Fast forwarding to his rescue he's now a shadow of his former self, he can't fulfill his dream, Casca and the rest of the hawks are all showering Guts with praise and (atleast in Griffith's eyes) now loving Guts more than him. Obviously Griffith is destroyed emotionally and can't physically do anything about it until he gets to be Femto, going from so weak and pitiful he almost offs himself to becoming almost godlike. Him raping Casca in that moment wasn't really about sexual pleasure and more about hurting Guts. Afterwards I think as a godlike being Griffith has become even less human in terms of empathy and is more emotionless than he was before. I don't agree with some people saying he was always apathetic from the start.
>>
>>133993460
Power is such a vague word that it doesn't really mean anything in the context of this discussion.

I said he might no longer be human due to what he gained, which let him do this. You said he gained power that let him do this stuff.

The only way I can see your argument as valid is if you're implying that also simply getting restored to his previous basic, functioning human body (which would still count as being granted power but to a lesser degree) would've also resulted in her rape. Both changes would've allowed this.
>>
>>133977879
>>133978043
He would want to conquer the deity that's above the godhand, the Idea of Evil
>>
>>133993657

He attempted to fuck Casca as a cripple which goes to show that his gaining apostle powers just gave him the ability to what he was always inclined to do. I don't understand where you get this asspull that becoming an apostle would suddenly change your mind fundamentally.
>>
>>133993745
>idea of evil
That god doesn't create evil, it was created BY evil. As long as humans are assholes, it will exist
>>
>>133993435
Good morning, anon.
The thing is we don't know what Griffith will do now. Would you call Griffith pure evil and a villain if he's planning to good and kill the Godhand somehow? He's done horrible things but now that he's muh kingdom (despite the dirty methods), he might actually be willing to play the hero king.
>>
>>133994103
Ha ha, ha. Ha.
The ends definitely don't justify the means though, and it's pretty obvious that one member of the god hand cannot stand alone against the other five.
>>
File: berserk_v06a_212.jpg (213 KB, 757x1100) Image search: [Google]
berserk_v06a_212.jpg
213 KB, 757x1100
>Believe in freedom, brotherhood and equality
>Don't save sorry asses like Caska, recongnizing females as warriors too
>Sell your own ass instead of another boypussy
>Being an smug cunt but only with opposing parties
>Can take jokes and people offending you in a friendly way
>Trying to bullshit your way to princess's panties
>Bro hears it
>Gets mad as fuck
>Tries to leave just because
>He doesn't explain shit
>Uses a cursed demonic sword to break yours
>You fuck it up and BAD END
Yep, Griffith is definitely the villain in here.
>>
>>133994156
>cursed demonic sword
Hello faggot that never read the actual series
Guts beat griffith with his old war stick, not the dragonslayer.
>>
>>133994143
Of course not, I'm just talking about his intentions (or change of them) in the grand scheme of things. He certainly is powerful enough to do something.
>>
>>133991231
He left to find his dream and purpose for living.
He wasn't going to find his own dream chasing someone else's.
>>
>>133972581
>the Band of the Hawks should all have been willing to die if they were mercenaries
To a sword against an opposing army, not to demons spawned from literal Hell as a sacrifice to God.
>>
File: priestreaction.jpg (6 KB, 131x176) Image search: [Google]
priestreaction.jpg
6 KB, 131x176
>the next time we see those nice girls who helped Rickert they'll be getting stuffed full of Apostle cock in every hole
>>
>>133994881
Berserk.that's what its about
>>
>>133994881
I don't think this happens again. The manga has become very soft lately.
>>
>>133994881
Griffith won't let that happen. He's good to his people.
>>
>>133995509
Miura is baiting all of you into thinking everyone is safe.
>>
>>133995620
I hope that's true, anon. I miss the old day of this manga.
>>
File: BerserkHappyFamily.jpg (283 KB, 764x1100) Image search: [Google]
BerserkHappyFamily.jpg
283 KB, 764x1100
>>133995664
>I hope that's true

I hope not to be honest.

Berserk is a healing manga now. Enough with the suffering.

But Miura probably won't let us of his wild ride that easily
>>
>>133995606
>He's good to his people.
This is funny.
>>133995688
Awww but that's boring, anon. I don't hate vanilla, and I want Guts to be happy, but that doesn't fit with this manga. I want a happy ending just much as you, but until then...edgy manga... Go!
>>
>>133995805
As of the last eight years, it fits with this manga. Only babbies would refer to Berserk as entirely edgy, probably because they haven't read much else in the way of seinen.
>>
>>133995688
How would Caska react to berserku Gattsu?
>>
>>133996069
As with everything, it's the balance that makes it. Old Berserk had its "feel good" moments too
>>
>>133995805
These people are part of his kingdom, not a mercenary group which were tools to acquire said kingdom. They are part of his dream.

>>133996069
This. Guts is changing and maturing as is the tone of the story, ever so slowly.
>>
>>133996211
Probably horrified. I can already see it: Casca becomes sane again and the first thing she sees is Guts in full rage mode. She doesn't even know he lost his arm and everything, he looks pretty fucked compared to the last time she saw him
>>
>>133996262
>implying he's not going to kill everyone like before.
>>
>>133996220
I think we can have Casca back without killing herself/keking Guts/doing something pointless to remove her from the jRPG party while keeping that humor/drama balance.

>>133996281
They're in Skellig, following the end of the last full moon. Those are supposedly the only times where Guts is fully at risk of being taken over by the Beast, so her recovering in a nice woody paradise like Elfhelm will give her the chance to catch up to speed, get her feelings sorted out, interact with the new party, you get the idea. Doing something violent or edgy with this recovery process is unlikely, because the mere sight of Guts in his current state will be enough to make Casca hate herself for running away from reality.
>>
File: 1443620252430.jpg (26 KB, 433x380) Image search: [Google]
1443620252430.jpg
26 KB, 433x380
>>133996341
Why would he do that?
>>
File: 1408554237219.png (235 KB, 500x528) Image search: [Google]
1408554237219.png
235 KB, 500x528
>>133996343
>will give her the chance to catch up to speed, get her feelings sorted out, interact with the new party, you get the idea
Can't fucking wait. I've been waiting for this moment for years, pls don't fuck this moment up Miura. This will probably be one of the most important parts of the whole story
>>
>>133974469
>I would've done the same thing for the future of humanity

*unsheathes Katana* Pssh... Nothin... Personnel....

>>133971439
If Griffith's sole goal was his ambition and fulfilling it at all costs then he should have made sure to finish Guts off; instead he raped Casca right in front of him and gave Guts such a lust for revenge, that's where he fucked up and why he deserves Guts sword far up his ass.

There's really no excusing him for that unless you're an absolute edgy faggot.
>>
>>133996398
This is something we've all been waiting nearly twenty years for, and I've always suspected that the newer hiatuses were in large part due to Miura not knowing how to handle Casca's return to her previous self. It's gotten to the point that a lot of anons here are either assuming the worst or wanting so many years of progress ruined out of a desire to return to the ultra-violence of the earlier volumes and Lost Children.
>>
>>133996509
Maybe, but I like to think that Miura just had a lot of figuring out to do. He's at a very crucial part of the story.
>>
>>133996069
If we ever get to this part, we will get disappointed, mark my words
>>
>>133996630
>>133996553
meant for this
>>
Griffith chose to have sex with a man for power He is literally a tripfag
>>
I honest doubt Griffith is going to sacrifice EVERY in falconia ala his Resurrection. Mainly because I can't think of a reason why he would need to sacrifice again, he has his throne.

If anything miura will serve us something much more morally ambiguous.
>>
>>133996859
did you read the actual manga or just look at the pretty pictures?

he prostituted himself because he was devastated by seeing a young guy who joined him to become a knight and loved and admired knights die in the field of battle.

He then decided that with more money, he could have sped up things and avoided the death of more of his followers.... when a random king expressed interest in his beauty, he then reluctantly decided to sell his body.
>>
>>133972292
>Pippin's the dog
Guess he never talked much anyway
>>
This begs the question:

Where will Guts go when he dies?
>>
File: heaven.jpg (100 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
heaven.jpg
100 KB, 720x480
>>133997135
>>
>>133993030
griffith is no longer human, or griffith, he is Femto
and Femto reincarnated into a new messiah form that looks like griffith

Femto is basically getting to live his dream even though its all mostly beneath him now, like a literal, fanciful dream
>>
File: 1435646413552.jpg (55 KB, 495x727) Image search: [Google]
1435646413552.jpg
55 KB, 495x727
>>133996630
Miura hasn't disappointed me yet, so I'll have faith in him. There will be a lot of healing and it will all climax in another well done love scene between Guts and Casca, y-you will see
>>
File: the prophecy.png (73 KB, 932x160) Image search: [Google]
the prophecy.png
73 KB, 932x160
>>133997278
This will happen, believe in the devil quints.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.