[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tri Rant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-25-16h31m34s91.png (276 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-25-16h31m34s91.png
276 KB, 640x480
Just finished ep 3 of Tri,so far it's ok. It doesn't have the substance and heart as the original. Are they seriously using the same tropes with Taichi and Yamato fighting while Jo choosing to study over saving Earth... also was hoping Mamoru Hosoda to direct it cause the Toei animation isn't too spectacular. what does /a/ think of tri?
>>
>Are they using the same tropes
No, because they've flipped the roles, which goes to show you can take the lessons you learned as a kid too far.

>Jou choosing to study over saving the Earth
Jou's had 5 years of making no real progress with his goals and dealing with family pressure. He's still getting the same mediocre grades he was getting back in Adventure and the pressure you feel as a 6th grader is far different from the pressure you feel right at the fucking doorstep of do or die. In Adventure it was a wild roller coaster and he had a sense of obligation to protect the kids younger than him who are all pretty much adults now. In 02 he barely had to do anything and his studies were never interrupted. If anything is character development is actually consistent with how he became in 02, where he didn't really have to do much and everything still turned out fine.

>Hoping for Mamoru Hosoda
He had his chance and he was too good for it back then. What made you think Toei would waste the money to try and bait him back now?
>>
>>133953921
A mediocre cash in.
Just like Dragonball Super.
Just like Sailormoon Crystal.
Just like Saint Seiya Omega.
>>
Hey look it's a screenshot from Adventure's only good episode
>>
>Sakugafags refuse to acknowledge that anime is a product that strives to be good despite adversity and want every anime to run massive budgets that can't make money back until the genre is dead.

Kill all Sakugafags
>>
IT'S BEEN
>>
>>133954314
Screenshot was in reference to mamoru hosoda. Enjoyed the whole show but this one is a few of my favourite episodes.
>>
>>133953921
Hosoda basically made two exact Digimon movies except one of them wasn't Digimon and got away with it somehow, then he finally embraced that he was in fact a furrfag.
>>
>>133954484
kek. Remembered watching summer wars not knowing who Hosoda was and thinking bruh this feels like the 01 movie
>>
>>133954161
>He had his chance
What, one episode? I mean I get the money aspect but you make it sound as if he had a legit opportunity to turn the series on it's ear.
>>
>>133954998
Toei offered to let him do the entire Vamdemon real world arc. He didn't want to.
>>
File: 1447648070246.jpg (91 KB, 687x619) Image search: [Google]
1447648070246.jpg
91 KB, 687x619
>>133955032
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.