[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on Eureka Seven, /a/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 15
What are your thoughts on Eureka Seven, /a/?
>>
>>133925243
One of the greatest mecha series ever made. Still needed more Dominic and Anemone.
>>
>>133925289
>One of the greatest mecha series ever made
Found the newfag
>>
>>133925289
>One of the greatest mecha series ever made
It was good but I wouldn't go that far.

I loved how the mechs would ride around the sky on boards, it was always really cool to see. The style and general personality this show had from an audio/visual perspective made it stand out.

Nirvash was amazing but I wasn't really fond of Renton and Eureka that much. Dominic and Anemone were more interesting, and the Gekko crew were fun to watch.

The story, worldbuilding and lore were pretty weak towards the end though. I appreciated some of the references to other mecha anime like Macross and Eva though.
>>
I loved it but the movie was eh and AO was garbage. Would recommend watching the original
>>
Excellent OST.
>>
>>133925243
Needed to be cut in half

Characters were unlikable and not compelling

Story became a clusterfuck towards the end.
>>
Helped modernize mecha.

Excellent coming of age story.

People who dislike/discredit it generally look at it as primarily a mecha/political show, when the shows main focus was it's coming of age story. It's an excellent anime, alright manga.
>>
7/10
>>
File: wakaranai wwwwwwwwwwwwww.png (338 KB, 782x793) Image search: [Google]
wakaranai wwwwwwwwwwwwww.png
338 KB, 782x793
>>
>>133925243

Why was everyone crazy in the movie?
>>
Very good, I liked the movie.
Shame what they did with AO but at least episodes with Renton were good and at the same time quite sad when you think about what they did go trough.
>>
Cool as fuck mechs.

Early arc (First ~10 eps) was pretty trash.

They managed to get more character development and shit in than a 24 episode show could have had, but at the same time there were a lot of wasted episodes that didn't further the characters or plot at all. It definitely could have been better.

Later arcs were cool.

Sound design was fuggen great, possibly even unprecedented at the time, something improved upon even further in AO, which unfortunately was terrible in every other respect.
>>
>Charles Beams will never be your papa
>>
File: anemone and dominic.png (302 KB, 555x478) Image search: [Google]
anemone and dominic.png
302 KB, 555x478
>>133925243

It wasn't that good but I did like Dominic and Anemonoe.
>>
>>133925336
Found the newfag
>>
File: mayu karappo.jpg (21 KB, 211x208) Image search: [Google]
mayu karappo.jpg
21 KB, 211x208
>>133927460
>I liked the movie.
>>
>>133925243
I CAN FLY
>>
Love the character and mech designs, didn't care for much else. Dropped early in its original broadcast run and never cared to finish. I feel like I dodged a bullet, all those years back.
>>
>>133929869
I cried at the end of E7
>>
>>133925243
I liked it. The art was good, the music was great, story was a bit shaky, but on it was a nice experience.
>>
>>133930710
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oez36WUQGEg&list=RDxEwLKYdd6C0&index=4
>>
I really liked it. Watched it in two sittings shortly after it finished airing. Even though it was long I thought the pacing was fine for the most part. It had some characters that are a bit non-typical for anime and portrayed couples reasonably well which is unusual ( apart from the renton/eureka I guess )

Never saw it as a 'mecha' anime, really. Not any more than NGE is mecha anyway.
>>
>>133925632
>It was good but I wouldn't go that far
Not much of any competition to be fair
>>
My favourite anime of all time.
Anemone is my one true waifu.
I watch it every summer.
>>
>>133931062
>Not much of any competition to be fair
Found the newfag
>>
>>133931013
You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>133925243
Was fairly good. Only problem I kinda had was how emo the characters were all the god damn time. Otherwise, I'd r8 it an 8 m8.
>>
I still can't believe that it's an anagram for Keanu Reeves.
>>
Fun as fuck
>>
File: selector infected wixoss.png (885 KB, 1867x815) Image search: [Google]
selector infected wixoss.png
885 KB, 1867x815
>>133931898
>>
>>133931013
What do you think mecha means?
>>
>>133932132
>every anime with robots in it is a mecha anime
okay kid
>>
Best track, I always got chills when it played

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHP_9heGEKo
>>
>>133931797
Wow, you're rude. Homie isn't an idiot, you can tell by how clearly he expressed his opinion. He used capitalization and proper punctuation and everything.

You did not, idiot.
>>
My personal favorite show. Great OST, good characters, cute girls, fightan robutts. It speaks to me.
>>
Dewey was right all along.
>>
>>133932555
What did you think of Renton and Eureka as characters?

>>133932642
Dewey needed therapy
>>
Best love story ever told, wish it had a sequel.
>>
>young teen
>piss bored by first half
>hyped up by second half

>older teen
>love first half
>piss bored by second half
I deleted every episode past 27 except 48
>>
The whole notion of Eureka being a mom with the kids made me nauseous. I enjoyed the first bit thoroughly, it gave me some feels like anime did 15 years ago. Then it didn't live up to the expectations I gave it, and it really wasn't the type of show I was expecting. Great art/music, I can't take that away from it. But overall I didn't enjoy the show.
>>
File: 1447643811798.gif (3 MB, 413x233) Image search: [Google]
1447643811798.gif
3 MB, 413x233
>remove the trio of shits
>remove 12 episodes
>put their budget into the others
>10/10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csvg2ZD2KvY
>>
It belongs on the list of dubs that aren't terrible.
>>
>>133932752
>Renton and Eureka as characters?
A lot of people say Renton's character development is too slow, but I think that's wrong on two accounts. First, the show attacks the dichotomy of adult and adolescent making the metric of "character growth" a little hard to measure. It does this on two fronts even, by showing the similarities between Renton and Eureka's kids (people much younger), and also Renton and Holland (someone much older). Second of all, Renton's character development can be called complete at the halfway point of the series, at episode 26, Morning Glory. By any metric being a fully developed character at the half-way point is a speedy development.

Eureka is another issue. Her development more or less begins at the halfway point (sometime around episode 22) and doesn't stop until the very end. The issue with this though is that Eureka doesn't develop as a character in the same way Renton does. In some instance her character can be used for whatever purpose the writers desire. For instance in episode 38, Date of Birth, she talks about how she knew Renton's dad but didn't think to bring it up because she didn't see it as important because she's a non-human alien creature. But that doesn't hold water at all when you consider one of the biggest aspects of her character is her own motherhood.

I'd say that it's Renton that carries the series in the first half and Eureka that carries it in the second half. I like both of them as characters, there's a real sense of stripping away what pretences they have and leaving them as these kind of quintessential Adam and Eve characters by the end which makes them very likeable simply in their purity and innocence.
>>
>>133932967
I really liked Crispin Freeman's Holland. Best role he's ever had frankly.
>>
>>133932818
>not saving the soccer ep
>>
Man I loved it but I feel bad that all the contrarians on /a/ hate it so much.

Never bothered with AO, /a/ recommended not to but I wonder if they even liked Eureka Seven in the first place
>>
>>133932752
Oof, my trips. Basically what >>133933203 said.
>>
>>133934429
>contrarians
No opinions allowed
>>
>>133934429
Most of the people shitting on Ao directly compare it unfavorably to the original, myself included, because we're fans. Ao is shit. Bad villain, flimsy plot, boring characters, retroactively makes Dewey right and kills E7's happy ending, and it doesn't even have the same 60s atmosphere as the original nor does it have its setting, no real LFOs either, just some namedrops and a couple characters -- it's E7 in name only. There's that one guy who loves it and defends it to the death though, watch out for him. It does have a nice OST.
>>
>>133934826
Thanks for this, faam.
>>
File: aw_shit_nigga.gif (444 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
aw_shit_nigga.gif
444 KB, 200x150
It was awful.
The idea of air surfing mecha and the OST was great, but everything else was shit or cringeworthy.

Renton was a fucking retard.
>Need 20 episode to understand when he destroys a mecha, he kills its pilote.
>Meet 2 perfect strangers, call them mommy and daddy after few hours
>Oh a dying young girls from a hated minority. It would be a great idea if I kidnapped her and bring her in town full of haters
>dense as fuck
>act childish most of the time

Eureka was not better
>muh mysteres
>Hurr durr most love you

Those three children was absolutely cancerous
>Hey Eureka, you killed our moms, our dads, our siblings, our friends and destroyed our village but it's okay now, since you are sorry and you hug us.
>Dangerous situation ? Let's go disappear for no reason
>Bonus point for the nigglet with the most annoying voice I ever heard

Hollande was an idiot
>This Renton is mentally challenged, better to beat him each fucking time

The military force was absolutely retarded
>lol check out our newest awesome ship. Better to leave it without watching
>Most wanted ennemy ? Better to send all my force dying like lemmings

And worst of the worst. The fucking ending.
> HEART ON THE MOON, CANCER ON MINE

I wish I never watching it.
>>
>>133935210
>HEART ON THE MOON, CANCER ON MINE
And as a diehard E7 fan my sides are on the moon.
>>
>>133925336
Name 2 better
>>
>>133935594
I can even name three better
NGE
Pale NGE (aka RahXephon)
Vision of Escaflowne
>>
>>133935594
E7 isn't even the best mecha anime or romance BONES produced
>>
Poor man's Gundam X
>>
>>133925336
>>133929333

>calling each other newfags

That's the most newfag thing you can do here.

I suggest getting the fuck out and never coming back. Newfags.
>>
>>133935730
>not Fafner
>>
>>133926726
So if you start a thread by calling something great /a/ will call it shit but if you call it shit they will say it's good? This board seems so easy to trick sometimes
>>
>>133935832
not him but not too many people watch Fafner outside it's fanbase and those who watched it after SEED. The Hiraiface causes people t oignore it which is sad because
A.it's not bad in fafner
and
B.It's pretty good once the pace picks up
>>
>>133935791
This so much, gundam X managed to have better characters and STILL have more action too. Also managed to have a good ending despite it being rushed in the last arc because of executive meddling.
>>
>>133930770
Don't forget this top tier ED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqmmd-g9J_g
>>
>>133937183
I love how they paired the Canvas ed with picks from the war survivors. the contrast between such an energetic upbeat song and the imagery was great
>>
>>133933203
You nailed it anon
>>
File: 1430756742315.jpg (607 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1430756742315.jpg
607 KB, 1920x1200
>>133925243
Love it. When I finished it I felt empty inside.
>>
>>133936996
It was an interesting mix of Gundam, X, Evangelion, and a few other shit. I thought it was boring shit though.
>>
>>133937183
The music for the OP/EDs did fell very "teenage anime" I can see why people like it
>>
>>133937349
I always get annoyed when I notice that board was shaped like a dick,seriously Holland?
>>
>>133937416
>noticing things look like dicks

dont be a fag
>>
>>133937349
Can we say with confidence that Eureka Seven did love better than SAO
>>
>>133935594
Even something like aldnoah zero is a better mech anime, Eureka 7 is more like "character development with a hint of mech action"
>>
>>133938807
>"character development with a hint of mech action"
Pretty much.
Even what counts as "mech action" is mostly dodging bullets and missiles. It's about the beauty of form and movement over straight up action and combat.
>>
>>133938807
>Aldnoah .Zero
come on anon even the action in that wasn't good except for a few scenes
>>
>>133935210
>I wish I never watching it.
>I wish
>I never watching it
don't ever change anon
>>
It was decent, but not exceptional. Looks great, sounds great, characters are mostly annoying, and the story was mostly irrelevant. It's basically the template for many of Bones' original shows since then, and none of those copycat series manage to match Eureka Seven in quality.
>>
>>133930770
nostalgia
>>
>>133926323
/thread
>>
>>133925243

Of the Bones ultra convoluted storyline mecha series it was probably the best of them and where the cryptic nature of the story was most tolerable. I'd even say it was a great show though it did have its slow moments, particularly the second quarter where they spent almost the whole section in a cave. Also like all Bones mecha the movie version made changes to characterization for the significantly worse and the sequel is a fucking joke not because it doesn't feature the original cast or setting but because it was a completely convoluted incomprehensible Shou Aikawa clusterfuck after the pretty decent first three episodes and clearly couldn't figure out what it wanted to do.
>>
I'm perfectly ok with the kids.
>>
Poor man's Gundam X>>133939321
>Of the Bones ultra convoluted storyline mecha series it was probably the best of them and where the cryptic nature of the story was most tolerable. I'd even say it was a great show though it did have its slow moments, particularly the second quarter where they spent almost the whole section in a cave
Complete and utter bullshit
>>
File: Marika.jpg (168 KB, 728x1050) Image search: [Google]
Marika.jpg
168 KB, 728x1050
>>133935730
VoE is my shit. Hell yeah.
>>
>>133938945
I see where you're coming from and I agree. I've yet to find a mecha anime that satisfies my need to NOT watch over-choreographed anime battles where the main characters mech can take 500 hits but then manages to beat up an army of other mechs with grace. even EVA stopped being all about mechs after ep.18 and turned into character development and internal struggle stuff. my consensus is that aldnoah, eureka seven and EVA are all a bit too different in terms of their combat to compare them based solely on how their mechs work. The subtle differences between them make them good though.
>>
>>133935594
Gundam
Mazinger Z
>>
>>133939481
> I've yet to find a mecha anime that satisfies my need to NOT watch over-choreographed anime battles where the main characters mech can take 500 hits but then manages to beat up an army of other mechs
the recent gundam's actually been very good with this,the main gundam has taken lots of damage to the point where most of it's been stripped to it's bare frame
>>
>>133939481
>I've yet to find a mecha anime that satisfies my need to NOT watch over-choreographed anime battles where the main characters mech can take 500 hits but then manages to beat up an army of other mechs with grace
Why the fuck are you even watching mecha anime?
>>
>>133939572
ahh iron blooded orphans?
Love it
However, mikazuki's character irks me. It's like they're really trying to fit this odd Romance triangle between kudelia, atra, and mikazuki into a show where there's already enough going on. I mean I love Gundam and the combat is definitely cooler. I was just hoping for something on a grander scale.
EVA did a better job at "large scale" by having lots of military units supporting the evangelions during battle, while ultimately failing at it, it's nice to see practicality still being a thing.
>>
>>133939481
>over-choreographed
Pfft

Average mecha fight

>It's a gundam
>transform sequence
>attacks with limited backgrounds
>"it's time for my final attack"
>cuts to their cockpits or newtype moment

T
>>
>>133939683
>Why the fuck are you even watching mecha anime?
whatcha mean lil nig
Mech anime's can be pretty damn good. I'd just like to see one that's more realistic come along sometime. Use that free-to-play game, HAWKEN as an example. Standard mechs vs. standard mechs in a battle, Nobody has a trump card style mech with uber powers and shit, it's just mechs fighting. if you know of one by all means share , I'd be stoked
>>
File: 1448375435325.webm (2 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1448375435325.webm
2 MB, 1024x576
>>133939690
>I mean I love Gundam and the combat is definitely cooler
I'm just gonna do to you what I do to everyone who liked IBO and not take you seriously.
>>
I loved E7 when I first watched it. Great and interesting mech and character designs, stellar soundtrack. Loved the premise of a sentient world and the brain waves you can surf on, the mysterious dreams of the land. Absolutely beautiful animation to boot.

I never cared for the ending very much. Seemed kinda half-assed. Dewey has his entire armada of thousands of ships vs the Izumo and the Gekko. He just lets them escape for no real reason. The world still being intact under the layers of scub coral, too ridiculous. Everything had been logically consistent before then but I just couldn't suspend my disbelief for that. And the deus ex machina 3rd form Nirvash just crushing everything because muh love and rainbows. Only thing that redemed the final arc was Anemone/Dominic interaction and some of the better mech battles. Of all their works I've seen, BONES never could come up with a satisfying ending.

Plus the fact that most everything I enjoyed about E7, I felt that Gurren Lagann did better in half the time and with minimal cringe.
>>
>>133939728
Why does /a/ pretend they've watched most Gundam when all they've watched is WING and SEED?
>>
>>133939783
I wasn't referring to only IBO, but I do like it too so you do you anon
>>
First impression as it aired was it was some offbeat mecha anime around saving the environment and some crazy reality-rending terraforming alien.
At the end, it was more about accepting differences and the good ol' 'love transcends all'.

Movie was an interesting AU take.

Overall I'd recommend watching it.

Ao was a terrible fanfiction that should've been a standalone work not connected to the E7 universe at all.
>>
File: 1448375772326.webm (3 MB, 710x400) Image search: [Google]
1448375772326.webm
3 MB, 710x400
>>133939783
What the fuck happened? G-Reco only aired a year ago.
>>
>>133939783
everyone picks out that one scene and acts like it's the first time they've seen quality coming from gundam or sunrise in general. what did you expect?
>>133939690
IBO seems to be going for smaller scale tho and I 'm fine with that since gundam usually turns from a morally gray conflict into a save the world type of thing
>>
>>133939898
>Movie was an interesting AU take.
>Overall I'd recommend watching it.
>Ao was a terrible fanfiction that should've been a standalone work not connected to the E7 universe at all.
Opinion discarded
>>
>>133939967
>gundam usually turns from a morally gray conflict into a save the world type of thing
nail on the head.
>>
>>133939967
>everyone picks out that one scene and acts like it's the first time they've seen quality coming from gundam or sunrise in general
And each and every fucking time people point it out. Why? Because it sticks out. The reason why you're adamant about people pointing it out because you like it.
>>
>>133940066
in all honesty, yeah that scene and many others totally suck, but gundam has it's redeeming factors. in IBO's case, they don'y bobble around bitching about the calamity war as much and there is less over-penetrating autism coming from the allure and mystery surrounding the gundam frame. The show focuses on it's own Arc and not that of the previous Gundams as much. how do you feel about origins, I've yet to see any.
>>
>>133939967
>>133940006
>gundam usually turns from a morally gray conflict into a save the world type of thing
This only really applies to Wing, 00 and SEED, everything else is suited to the singular conflict at hand which usually end with the conflict continuing anyways. Go be new somewhere else.
>>
>>133940066
>because you like it.
well of course I do otherwise I wouldn't be defending it in the first place
And while it's a bad scene it definitely isn't representative of the other action scenes in the show which have mostly been well done or at least more interesting than what gundam has been for the past few years due to the complete removal of beams and everything exploding
>>
>>133940206
>how do you feel about origins
You're better off reading the manga really, nothing wrong with anime its just a fairly straight adaptation with nothing much to offer unless you like bad CG.
>>
>>133940207
Zeta turned into a save the world conflict
g did too
so did X
and G-reco
and victory
and AGE
hell even build fighters did
char's counterattack was based around "save the world" when you get down to it
turn A did it as well

Besides I didn't mean it as a bad thing but it is just a formula that the show tends to follow,I won't say there are sometimes when it doesn't come off as lazy or repetitive because it does, but it has also been done well too
>>
>>133940207
and why's that? because those were the popular gundam series. People like "big picture" stuff, the rest just come off as spin-offs (even though in reality it's the other way around) people also like a sense of continuity.
>>
>>133940218
>And while it's a bad scene it definitely isn't representative of the other action scenes in the show which have mostly been well done
Actually it is, the show has piss poor choreography and animation in general its even more embarrassing when the last two Gundam series had good animation and choreography.

>at least more interesting than what gundam has been for the past few years due to the complete removal of beams and everything exploding
This is the first Gundam anime in which I've been bored with the battles, I honestly don't give a shit about beam spam and what not as long as its exciting, I'm looking forward to Thunderbolt regardless because the talent involved guarantees it'll be more exciting than IBO had been thus far.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9YOTh5Tmtg
>>
>>133940263
I watched the trailer and kinda cringed at the animation. The way the characters talk and move their mouths made me want to crawl away and go back to watching EVA again.
>>
>>133940362
>Zeta
>G-Reco
>Victory
>GBF

None of these were save the world conflicts. fucking G-Reco was about prevent a war from breaking out not not saving the world. Zeta was between the AEUG, Titans, and Neo Zeon, Victory was the Zanscare, who didn't even want the Earthspere anyways and GBF was a tournament anime
>>
>>133939775
I feel like there are a lot of these, but they don't put much emphasis on the mechs themselves, since for the setting to work they need to be seen as standard tools.
If you want a show where people idolize mechs then chances are they do it specifically because the mechs have some bullshit power-up that the MC will naturally abuse better than everyone else.

In something like Patlabor or even FLAG the mechs are very much tools that can be used by anyone and even be beaten by "lesser" conventional weaponry, but you also have much of the focus taken away from the mechs for those same reasons.
>>
>>133940403
>Actually it is, the show has piss poor choreography and animation in general its even more embarrassing when the last two Gundam series had good animation and choreography.
eh I won't lie IBO's choreography has been inconsistent but when it shines I think it does so brightly, as for the battles being boring I don't find that to be true.

For example the one we just saw with the orphans fighting teiwaz was pretty entertaining in my opinion,I think it did well to also show that tekadan aren't the best around and are still inexperienced. Akihiro's (guts looking guy,if you don't know his name) fight against the teiwaz units was assuring of that
>>
>>133940619
Zeta
>Sirocco was practically hitler,he orchestrated colony drops,believe in newtype superiority and tries to rule the earth sphere

>g-reco
isn't trying to stop WWX pretty much trying to save the world?

>victory
They were literally trying to turn everyone on earth to babies,it doesn't get more cartoony and save the world than that

>GBF
you can say that this one was just a tournament anime but it still used the gundam formula to a T
>>
>>133940623
that's very very true. I'd just love to see both of those Ideas flourish. Idolization and practical utilization of mechs just like America Idolizes the Abrams and uses it, yet its so commonplace and standard for the military, powerful as fuck yet not indestructible. I'll allude back to aldnoah zero for this one for at least giving the soldiers standard mech kataphrakts and the MC beats badass mechs with his even less standard training mech, that was well done in that one regard.
>>
>>133940847
>Sirocco was practically hitler,he orchestrated colony drops,believe in newtype superiority and tries to rule the earth sphere
And the conflict was about stopping the Titans control in the colonies not the war and no he does not try to rule the earth sphere
>isn't trying to stop WWX pretty much trying to save the world?
Trying to stop a war before it breaks out isn't saving the world dumbfuck
>They were literally trying to turn everyone on earth to babies
Wrong again retard
>you can say that this one was just a tournament anime but it still used the gundam formula to a T
Yeah I remember when Amuro build a Gunpla in 0079 and used a minkosy particle disperse machine to fight battles with others

Did you even watch this show?
>>
>>133940688
>>133940218
>>133939967
It's very amusing to see people trying to like this show when it doesn't do anything right and is generally poorly animated.
>>
>>133941091
>poorly animated.
it's definitely not the best SunRise is capable of, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's poor. Fucking shinchan was poor animation lol. Imagine a mech in that animation style.
>>
>>133940850
>that was well done in that one regard.
The aspect of the show where the bad writing stood out the most

>>133940688
>but when it shines I think it does so brightly
There hasn't been a single scene in which it does
>y, as for the battles being boring I don't find that to be true.

Because you like the show, it could be nothing but shitty stock footage and you'd still defend it.
>>
Which Is better animated, horizon or IBO?
>>
>come to an E7 thread
>it's an IBO thread
Hmm, okay then.
>>
>>133941219

>come to an e7 thread opn /a/
>expect anything good
>>
>>133925243
I've seen it 3 times nigger, I fucking love it. There's just something about it that really clicks with me, now if it weren't for that arc with the kids being annoying as all fuck it would really be perfect.
>>
>>133941347
You're pathetic
>>
>>133926323
This, just holy shit I love it.
>>
This Dewey was right meme needs to die.
>>
>>133941397
Ironically its coming from fans of the first anime. If they'd bother to pay attention they would realize Dewey was not right and what he was advocating doesn't match up at all to the conflict in AO nor does it prove him right since he was already proven wrong in the first season.
>>
>>133941200
Horizon looks grainy
>>
>>133941397
>>133941470

The guy had a harem of little girls, how the fuck can he be wrong?
>>
>>133941367
Please elaborate why.
>>
>>133935730
>pale NGE
Nigger, RahXephon is better NGE.
>>
>>133941050
>And the conflict was about stopping the Titans control in the colonies not the war and no he does not try to rule the earth sphere
The titans were literally trying to do that though,it's why they allied theirselves with zeon for a bit

>Trying to stop a war before it breaks out isn't saving the world dumbfuck
it is when the weapons being used in the war were WMDs just look at venus globe that was due to thew mistakes of humanity in its past with whatever war happened after Turn A for them to be reduced to that.

>Wrong again retard
did you watch Victory gundam at all? Angel halo was made especially for this, crossbone even talks about it at some point

>Yeah I remember when Amuro build a Gunpla in 0079 and used a minkosy particle disperse machine to fight battles with others
I didn't mean that specifically but just look
>reiji is the MC who ends up in the robot cockpit and is magically good at piloting
>in universe particle to explain stuff
>char clone
>upgrade involves hax system
>lalah clone
>former enemies/rivals join up in the final battle
>>
>>133941397
Was the only one who had the right idea of nuking the filthy xenos scum. Was the only one not to traumatize his immediate close ones. Never abused his crew and ultimately was the foil needed for the immature manbabies of Gekko to pull their heads out their asses and start making some real change, instead of doing organ runs cause doing contests for cash is somehow beneath them.

Singularity because too many self aware folk is still bumfuck retarded though.
>>
>>133925243
Just a great show but the second series is something best ignored
>>
>>133941586
>instead of doing organ runs cause doing contests for cash is somehow beneath them.
Because going to highly publicized events as most wanted criminals makes perfect sense.
>>
>>133941091
>It's very amusing to see people trying to like this show
>Oh, wow, look at these faggots TRYING to enjoy a show, but too bad for them it's objectively terrible so they can't.
We get it, no one can like things you don't like.
>>
>>133941637
They are already known as rebel countrymen as exhibited by Renton knowing who they are. Incognito isn't exactly what they were going for. Then again they really didn't have any real solid plans other than engage in some good old fashioned terrorism.
>>
>>133941586
>Singularity because too many self aware folk is still bumfuck retarded though.

When I watched this I was convinced they were lying. I thought Sorta-Renton's-Mom was bullshitting him the stupidest reason for becoming one and hoped he took it.
>>
>>133940362
Even 00 was save the world. All it really means is that the plot goes anywhere, to actually give a shit about instead of dumb garbage.
>>
Great characters
Great OST
Decent story

It's not perfect but once you get past the standard issue teenage bullshit Renton likes to indulge in it's pretty awesome.
>>
>>133941555
Reiji wan't the MC, he was the Quattro or Athrun, the ace pilot rival guy of the MC. Sei was the MC. Sei was the first MC who wasn't the main pilot I guess.
>>
>>133941512

But was It good grainy animation?
>>
>>133941995
>It's not perfect but once you get past the standard issue teenage bullshit Renton likes to indulge in it's pretty awesome.
That's the best way to put it. It has its flaws but it's good points more than make up for its bad
>>
>>133941555
It's like you didn't watch any of those shows. In G-Reco the conflict wasn't really a conflict it was about the Towsnagans and Venus Globe trying to settle on Earth which is the complete opposite of wanting to take over it.
>>
>>133941995
>Great characters
Ya blew it.
>>
File: Madokator.png (48 KB, 235x251) Image search: [Google]
Madokator.png
48 KB, 235x251
>>133935210
>>
>"eh ru reh kah"
>not "yoo ree kah"
>>
>>133925243
AO was better.
>>
>>133942889
>ayyooreka
>>
>>133942889
ACTUALLY DID YOU KNOW IN THE ENGLISH DUB OF EPISODE 5, "CHILDHOOD", THAT MATHIEU ACTUALLY DOES SAY EUREKA HOW IT'S NORMALLY PRONOUNCED??????
>>
>>133935791
this desu
>>
>>133943194
Correction, "Childhood" is episode 6.
>>
>>133936996
The action in Eureka 7 is just so much better than Gundam X. X had too much stock footage like Wing
>>
why is /a/ a bunch of faggots
>>
>>133942889

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka_(word)#Pronunciation
>>
>>133939509
Nah.
Now, Turn A and Shin Mazinger are better for sure.
>>
>>133943993

/a/ Is just tsun for e7
>>
>that episode where you see how they made Anemone
>that moment you realize she was an orphan taken from a concentration camp and experimented on.
>that moment Dominic and the military guy realize it too
>>
File: xamd.jpg (576 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
xamd.jpg
576 KB, 1680x1050
>>133925243

The reason I became BONES's bitch.
Also opened the gate into mech anime for me.
OST is the best, Shounen Heart is my fucking jam.

I love E7 and Xam'd.
>>
>>133940423
The baby face Eureka always kills me
>>
One of the things I always thought was weird In e7 Is that we were never properly shown lakes or rivers. There seemed to be some sort of lake on the episode where renton re encountered eureka In the middle of the clouds during that fuck huge battle and at the last episode while they were fire flies.
>>
Nirvash was one of the funnest units in ACE3. I was pretty disappointed to hear it didn't make it into ACER, but I heard that game was a disappointment overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpP-BwEyeaI
>>
File: lMEa58i.png (90 KB, 318x235) Image search: [Google]
lMEa58i.png
90 KB, 318x235
>>133929210
>>
>>133947782

>if you thought controying flying robots wasn't hard enough now you can also surf in the air!
>>
>>133947576
8pm
>>
>>133948402

Homo sapiens.
>>
>>133948662
Golf course
>>
>>133947183

Xam'd was so much like E7 that I got bored 8 episodes in and dropped it.
>>
>>133949657

Nothing except dirigibles.
>>
>>133949747
That OP though.
>>
>>133949905

You mean those OPs.
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.