[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So everyone here agrees Buu saga was the worst, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 1448335766990.jpg (50 KB, 512x466) Image search: [Google]
1448335766990.jpg
50 KB, 512x466
So everyone here agrees Buu saga was the worst, right?
>>
The Red Ribbon Saga was the worst. People pretend to like it because they think it makes them patrician but it's the low point of the series.
>>
It's one of the best in the series

>>133917046
How is the Red Ribbon saga the worst?
Between Commander Blue, Ninja Murasaki, Android 8, Korin's Tower, fucking Taopaipai, and Goku meeting Gohan again, it's also the most the series has embraced the idea of an adventure, and it has good reason for being being noted by many as being the best.
>>
Never saw that much Dragonball because Cartoon Networks schedule was screwed up for months after 9/11
>>
It's bad. But not as bad as Cell.
>>
>>133917772
General Blue was an awful villain who didn't make any sense and his arc dragged on for far too long. He had no character beyond being a Nazi and his strength made no sense.

Muscle Tower was ok I guess, but it doesn't compare to the parts of he series that were actually good. Goku shoving a pole up someone's anus isn't that funny. General White's inexplicably powerful gun that can only fire two bullets was just stupid. I have literally never heard anyone say they liked Buyon or Metallitron.

The Sacred Land of Karin was great but the Tao fights were some of the worst in the series. Goku's power jump is unbelievable and the part where he just lets Tao beat the shit out of him for no reason is just awful. Everything else was good, but the fight was just handled so poorly.

The last part is by far he worst the series has been when it comes to shafting secondary characters. Krillin and Yamcha utterly fail and everyone gushes about how great Goku is. Goku fights someone who just happens to have won the Tenkaichi Budokai in the past and surprisingly has no trouble whatsoever. Then he survives the super deadly attack by being perfectly good. Just imagine for a second what you would think of the Devilman fight if it were from fan fiction.

There were some good parts sure, but that's to be expected because Dragon Ball is a good series. It's easily has he highest concentration of bad parts in the whole story. Toriyama really didn't figure out how to write a good battle shounen until the 22nd Budokai.
>>
>>133917772
There is nothing inherently good about being an adventure. That's just one of the buzzwords idiots like you use so you can feel oh so superior to the Z plebeians. The Red Ribbon saga was Toriyama's awkward attempt at writing a battle manga outside of a tournament for the first time, and it shows.
>>
>>133917046
I agree
>>
>>133916965
It had some of the best and worse parts.

A villain being comical
Return to the tournament
That whole earth spirit bomb

But also
No one but saiyans goku and vegeta specifically can do anything
One of most dragged on fights ever; Majin, Super, Fusion/Gohan abosorbed, and finally kid buu.
>>
>>133918716
>There is nothing inherently good about being an adventure

"Adventure" is just as much a buzzword the way you use "tournament"

The amount of time Dragonball actually spent on tournaments is relatively small. If you want to argue otherwise, you're just as bad.

Grow up kid.
>>
>>133919177

Nigga you are arguing about Dragonball at 3am on a Monday night, no one is an adult here
>>
>>133916965
Nope. It's the Cell/Android sagas.

Android starts quite well and get's fairly interesting but the plot clearly get's abandoned for Cell and the story goes to total shit. Writing and characters are at their absolute worst in this saga.

Buu is fun. There's a lot of bullshit in the anime version but the manga is brisk and extremely well paced. It just fucking bolts through.
>>
>>133919228
bolts?
>>
>>133919025

The only reason they won was because of Mr. Satan and Fat Buu. They would have never completed the spirit bomb, and then when Kid Buu took Vegeta hostage Goku would have never thrown the damn thing.

However, it's been a while. I could be skewing events. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>133919246
It's fast.

Super Buu, Fusion, Vegito - all of them are extremely quick in the manga.
>>
>>133916965
>DB
>Worst
They are all equally great and terrible at the same time. Besides the Piccolo Daimao, Majunior, and Tenshinhan arcs which stand head and shoulders above any other arcs in the series.
>>
Buu saga is the best
>>
>>133916965
Maybe if you had shit fucking taste.

>>133917772
The only good thing about Red Ribbon saga was General Blue.
>>
File: plebs2.jpg (87 KB, 540x546) Image search: [Google]
plebs2.jpg
87 KB, 540x546
>>133917046
>>133918483
>>133918716
>>133919211
>people who started on Z "holy shit so awsome" and then saw DB "this shit's for babbies"
>>
>>133919259
>The only reason they won was because of Mr. Satan and Fat Buu
Supreme Kai could have brought Gohan in order to help at any given time.The reason why no one thought about this, are nips circlejerking around Goku.
>>
>>133917046
I watched the original DB when it aired in my country, but I never managed to see all episodes.
DBZ has hundreds of remaster versions, but what would be the best rip for old DB?
>>
>>133916965
It can't be the worst when it gave us the best line in the whole series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PA8Mo6ij1s
>>
Why does it look like Hercule is choking himself?
>>
>>133916965
OTP
T
P
>>
Anything, except for GT, is better than Super. Supers problem is that it has no long arch with a menacing bad guy who actually poses a threat.

Super is just 13 episode sagas with time skips which are just remakes of movies. So far. The series needs to get more serious, Both DB and DBZ did it and that's what made it interesting. It feels like there is no threat in this show.
>>
I don't know. I never watched the Buu saga because my mom made me stop watching DBZ then because she said that Majin Buu was the devil.
>>
>>133916965
>>133919228
I agree. You can really tell that Toriyama's editor had him by the balls during that arc. Everything is rushed through and you really don't get enough time to get to know the characters. The Cell saga and the android saga are far too intertwined. We barely get any time with the androids when sell pops in trying to eat them. And we're supposed to care about these characters who we barely know. Hell 16 dying is what triggers Gohan's transformation and I'm pretty sure they only have 5 conversations that whole storyline.
>>
File: 4683456.png (654 KB, 1084x375) Image search: [Google]
4683456.png
654 KB, 1084x375
>>133916965
I will never forgive this
>>
>>133926005
Cool. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
>>
>>133926005
Highschool Gohan arc was the best
But I do wish that Gohan was more useful in the Buu Saga
>>
>>133916965
Yes.

Gohan tried saving it in the beginning with the Saiyaman stuff, the highschool arc was hilarious. Comedy was great and seeing Gohan and other characters not training to fight against some evulz alien and shit was the best thing to happen since the end of the first half.
But then Toriyama brought back Goku and the tournament and serious fighting garbage. Then Toriyama making Goten/Trunks the saviors just to get shitted on by Gohan that was instead shitted on by a much MUCH weaker than both of them Goku because why the fuck not.

It had a good start but it just went to shit.
>>
>>133922120
S-A rips or utsukushii-raws if you like to have it grained
>>
The Buu Saga is objectively best.

Cell Saga is objectively worst.
>>
>>133923656
Wow. that is bad ass
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.