[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saekano
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 26
Volume 9's out and the summaries are done. I'll be posting them here. If you have any questions or noticed anything wrong with the summaries, please post about it.
>>
File: SaeKano_09_c01.jpg (1 MB, 2407x1858) Image search: [Google]
SaeKano_09_c01.jpg
1 MB, 2407x1858
>>
File: SaeKano_09_c02.jpg (947 KB, 2407x1858) Image search: [Google]
SaeKano_09_c02.jpg
947 KB, 2407x1858
>>
You could have posted them in the other thread.
>>
Can someone explain to me what the point of reading those summaries and spoilers is supposed to be? I don't get it.
>>
File: SaeKano_09_01.jpg (455 KB, 988x1503) Image search: [Google]
SaeKano_09_01.jpg
455 KB, 988x1503
Prologue:

>The circle is having a meeting to discuss scheduling, though Iori is the only one on a webcam. Tomoya comments on how the scheduling is tough, but Iori responds by saying rouge and rouge managed to follow the schedule. Izumi butts in and says that the schedule left her group dead-tired. Iori says that this is something only he and Tomoya can understand and that she, a mere artist, doesn’t have a say in it. They argue about the importance of their positions (by the end Izumi is comparing her and Tomoya to a seme and uke), and then Michiru enters the scene. Tomoya scolds her for wearing something like that in front of a guy other than him. Iori and Izumi comment on how it’s a monopoly. When Michiru asks what they mean by “monopoly,” Megumi shows up and explains that it’s when a harem MC has all the girls, and that even after he picks a girl the rest of the harem has to yearn for him for the rest of their lives. They start eating the food Megumi brought. Megumi asks everyone physically in the room how they feel about the schedule, and they respond by saying that they’re fine. Iori comments on how it’s mean to ignore him just because he said that she was troublesome, scheming, and manipulating Tomoya from behind the scenes. He clarifies that they were in fact compliments and that she reminds him of Akane. The room goes silent as Megumi pushes the hardware reset button. She encourages everyone to take a break and eat before the food gets cold. Everyone complies.
>>
File: SaeKano_09_02.jpg (387 KB, 1319x997) Image search: [Google]
SaeKano_09_02.jpg
387 KB, 1319x997
Chapter 1

>Tomoya and Eriri eat lunch together and discuss anime clichés about lunch. He asks her to try and reject the scene he’s imagining, which consists of the MC and heroine from the track team competing to buy a popular sandwich. Eriri remarks that running down the hallway is dangerous and that you can just buy the bread at a convenience store. Tomoya tries out another scenario where the MC charms the princess heroine by giving her his half-eaten bread. Eriri says that would just creep her out. A bit later, Tomoya asks if it’s okay for her to be eating with him like this, to which she responds saying that everyone’s adults now and she doesn’t get bullied. She adds that the biggest reason she isn’t worried about eating with him is his image change and says that since he looks surprisingly good without glasses, the others don’t know how to react. The topic moves to being about Megumi. Eriri asks why she hasn’t been able to meet her yet. Tomoya claims that Megumi was busy, but Eriri still seems dissatisfied with the response. As lunch ends, Tomoya monologues that he didn’t want Eriri to realize that the key visual she had worked so hard on was what caused this mess. Later, he meets Megumi at a café who shows him the video Izumi recorded of them eating lunch together. Tomoya remarks that Izumi should have joined them. Megumi wonders if it’s hard for Izumi to meet Eriri now and asks how her progress on the art is. Tomoya says that he hasn’t gotten anything and guesses that Eriri is the cause, though Megumi adds that Izumi herself hasn’t said anything like that. Tomoya says that there’s no point in them opposing a company’s RPG and that they should stick to their own affairs. He sees a little crack in Megumi’s flatness and asks if she’ll eat the sandwich. Megumi responds saying that she won’t since it’s half-eaten.
>>
File: SaeKano_09_03.jpg (417 KB, 987x1503) Image search: [Google]
SaeKano_09_03.jpg
417 KB, 987x1503
Chapter 2

>Izumi comes over to Tomoya’s house to play galge as research. He asks if she’s been worrying about anything lately and brings up what happened after seeing Eriri’s new key visual. Izumi says that while she was shocked, now she has lots of motivation from not wanting to lose to Eriri. She goes on a tangent on how she doesn’t like Eriri and how she’s always ahead of her. It ends with her reassuring Tomoya that she’s fine and that she actually has a lot of rough sketches done, it’s just that ideas keep coming and she can’t finish. They continue playing the game. Izumi thinks Nanami, the kouhai character, is very cute, and hates Chinatsu, the childhood friend, for being annoying. One of Nanami’s scenes particularly moves her with her cuteness. Eventually they get really sleepy from how the game uses the same scenes over and over again. Tomoya tells Izumi to continue, which she does by reciting the game’s lines and substituting Kenji’s, the MC, name with Tomoya’s. After a couple lines on things like how many times they’ve embraced each other, Izumi falls asleep with her head on Tomoya’s lap. Megumi comes over to visit. Tomoya tells her how he’s realized that kouhai heroines are cute no matter what dimension they’re in. Megumi isn’t particularly interested in his realization and tells him to wake Izumi up so that they can have breakfast.
>>
File: SaeKano_09_04.jpg (525 KB, 1319x1663) Image search: [Google]
SaeKano_09_04.jpg
525 KB, 1319x1663
Chapter 3

>Michiru comes over as Izumi and Tomoya are playing the galge. Izumi comments on how Shizuru, the game’s cousin character, and how terrible she is in how she suddenly transfers to the MC’s school and eats up all the screentime. Some time passes, and Megumi takes Izumi home. Michiru wants to start working on the music for the game. They play Shizuru’s route to get an idea for the music. She comments on how it’s boring. Tomoya says boring scenes are what let you truly see how cute a character is. Some time passes, and they’re discussing circle matters. They agree that Izumi’s fine and that the main problem is Megumi. Tomoya explains that she didn’t want Eriri or Utaha to leave and wanted the circle to continue like it always had and how it’s because of that she so strongly feels she was betrayed. Michiru points out that Tomoya was able to forgive them. He says that, as passionate fans of them, he wanted them to become even greater, but Megumi is just a friend to them. Tomoya asks Michiru for advice. She replies saying that he shouldn’t be involved with Eriri anymore. Tomoya throws that option out because Eriri would be ruined if he did that. Michiru is out of ideas but says that she does know someone else who can help him. She remarks that Tomoya has grown up considering how now he cares about real girls’ problems.
>>
File: SaeKano_09_05.jpg (477 KB, 987x1503) Image search: [Google]
SaeKano_09_05.jpg
477 KB, 987x1503
Chapter 4

>Tomoya is on the way home with Megumi and is trying to get her to find a time to meet up with Eriri. He points out that it’s been three months since she stopped talking with her. Megumi asks how months he stopped talking with Eriri after the incident in elementary school. After a long pause, Tomoya says five or six years. Megumi responds saying that three months is nothing compared to that, though Tomoya says that the first six months are the worst. She then comments on how well Tomoya reconciled with Eriri even after carrying those painful feelings, making up, and losing Eriri to another group. Tomoya accuses her of pressing his trauma buttons, and she admits to purposely provoking him. Megumi asks if he’s ever felt that he couldn’t forgive someone because they’re best friends. Tomoya admits that he has and that it’s tiring. Megumi agrees, and just as she’s about to call him “Tomoya” they meet Iori. Iori asks Tomoya to hang out with him. He agrees but says that he needs to ask for Megumi’s opinion. Iori remarks that it’s too late for that. Tomoya looks around and realizes that Megumi already got on a train without him noticing. The doors close and the train leaves. Iori brings Tomoya to his house and tells him that Izumi has been in a slump. He then tells him to go into her room and find out why. Tomoya looks around a bit and comes up with the idea to organize the drawings sprawled across her room in chronological order. Right as he finishes, he realizes that as time went on, Izumi’s style got closer and closer to Eriri’s. Iori remarks that as a producer, he was fine with this since it would definitely sell, but he questions if it’s what Tomoya wants for his circle.
>>
File: SaeKano_09_06.jpg (351 KB, 987x1503) Image search: [Google]
SaeKano_09_06.jpg
351 KB, 987x1503
Chapter 5

>Iori and Tomoya are discussing the problems facing the circle. Iori remarks all the problems originated from Eriri in that Izumi’s lost sight of her own style and that Megumi’s current attitude is making the circle atmosphere strained. Tomoya explains that Megumi was best friends with Eriri and that the issue won’t be easily resolved. Iori responds saying that he still keeps in touch with members of his old group since he doesn’t know when they might become useful again. Tomoya says that Megumi doesn’t think of friends in terms of monetary value or rewards. Iori remarks that if you’re not looking for a reward, there’s no reason to get angry. Tomoya decides to give up on getting Iori to understand. Iori comes up with an idea to get the circle back on track, which is to get rid of Eriri. Tomoya shoots down the idea. The next scene has Tomoya walking back home. It starts to rain. He sees Utaha waiting for him, and she’s soaking wet. She promptly strangles him while venting how she waited so long for him and how he didn’t show up. The scene shifts to them being at Tomoya’s house. Utaha compliments Tomoya’s cooking. He responds saying that it’s just instant miso soup. She apologizes for borrowing his clothes and promises to buy new ones to give back. When Tomoya says that she just has to wash the clothes instead of buying new ones, she says that she will never give these clothes to anyone. A little later, he asks Utaha why she came, and she explains that she got a request from Michiru. She tells him that the way to save the circle is to write a scenario with Eriri as the basis for one of the heroines and that it would let Megumi see who Eriri really is and get her to forgive her. She also says that it might give Izumi inspiration.
>>
Chapter 6

>Tomoya makes a call to Eriri. He asks if she still remembers the entrance ceremony of their elementary school. Eriri doesn’t quite remember. Tomoya reminds her that they got into a fight where he threw a rock at her and she cried, but they eventually made up. Eriri remembers that they fought because Tomoya thought she was a vampire and that they made up because Eriri’s father pointed out that vampires don’t walk around in broad daylight. They continue to reminisce about the past. Tomoya brings up the elementary school incident where their friendship was damaged. Eriri says that they already made up. He replies saying that while they had made up, they didn’t understand each other, so now he wants to know. He says that if he doesn’t know why they made up, he can’t tell Megumi to believe in Eriri and that everything will be alright. Eriri says that she doesn’t know how Tomoya felt either, to which Tomoya says that he’ll tell her everything if she does too.
>>
Chapter 7

>It’s morning when the call with Eriri finally ends. After a short nap and breakfast, he starts writing a scenario which he calls Eriri route. It starts with the MC seeing Eriri and meeting her when she calls out to him in the hallway. She asks if he was with a girl at the café yesterday. MC admits to being with Kanou. The next scene Tomoya writes is the café scene where Eriri first meets Kanou, which is eerily similar to the real life version of it. Tomoya stops when he realizes that at this rate, the heroine would be hated. He’s about to delete all of the text but decides that if he puts in some moe events, he could get a good balance. Tomoya writes another scene where MC asks Eriri about dates. She says that you should just agree with whatever the partner says and keep a smile on your face. This scene is really similar to the one in volume 2 before the date with Megumi. Tomoya tries to take a nap after this, but his urge to write keeps him up, so he goes back to writing. The next scene he writes is basically the same as the climax of volume 3 where he argued with Eriri at the school. After that, he writes the scene where Eriri and Kanou become friends, which is basically what happened in volume 4.
>>
Next scene:

Eriri: …
MC: Hey, Eriri.
Eriri: Wha, what?
MC: Are you nervous?
Eriri: U-um, u-uh….

She had already been in my room for over fifteen minutes when she answered. During that time, Eriri had been sitting on the floor looking around and sipping a drink with a straw. Even though the drink had long since gotten empty, she continued to sip from it.

MC: I can’t relax when you’re acting so tense. Back then, you came her countless times, right?
Eriri: Yeah, I came her countless times, “back then”…it’s been eight years since I last came here.
MC: Oh…
Eriri: There sure are a lot of memories in this room…

Eriri was completely nervous, but she calmed a bit during our talk. She looked at me.

Eriri: Oh right…

She got up and started walking around the room until she finally stopped and slowly opened the closet.

Eriri: Hey, MC. Do you know about this?
MC: What is it?

What she showed me wasn’t clothing but a little damage…no, it was…

Eriri: I made this.
MC: I didn’t notice…

Some scribbles. Something sharp had engraved our names in hiragana. There wasn’t anything like an umbrella placed in the middle, it was just something one could pass off as writing practice.

Eriri: Sorry about this.
MC: Oh no, it’s nothing…

Anyway, I didn’t find out about this for eight years. There wasn’t any reason to be mad about this.
>>
Eriri: I know, as payback, you can damage something too.
MC: Oh no, it’s fine.

For a childish prank as this, she came up with an equally childish way of apologizing.

Eriri: You don’t need to hold back.
MC: There’s a big difference between my house and your house.

The pillars at her house were marble. Her parents would probably laugh it off, but I imagined the damage costs and knew I wouldn’t be able to bear with the guilt.

Eriri: I didn’t tell you to do it to my house, you know.
MC: Then what…?

Just as I focused my attention on her…

Eriri: I meant that you could do it on me…

I heard the sound of clothes rustling.

At this point, Tomoya is pretty confused on what exactly he’s writing since it’s supposed to be an all-ages game, but he figures he’ll just go along with it since he can just fix it later.
>>
Next scene
Background: MC’s room
Character pictures: Further discussion needed on what they’re wearing

Eriri: …..
MC: …..
Eriri: Aah, we did it.
MC: Uh…sorry.
Eriri: What? Does that apology mean that you regret doing this?
MC: Not a single bit.
Eriri: That’s good. I feel the same.
MC: Eriri…
Eriri: Ha ha, haha…

Eriri smiled. Considering it was after “that” happened, it was unusually bright and gentle.

Rriri: Ahahaha, haha, …….
MC: …Eriri?

But that smile, disappeared in a second, just like a sand castle.

Eriri: Fufufu…ue…fu…aaaaaa!
MC: …haha

That change wasn’t bad, neither to me or her. After all, those tears washed away those eight years. They reminded us of what idiots we were and made us wonder why we bothered with something so stupid. Once they’ve stopped flowing, we would be one step ahead, completely different from who we were before.

>Tomoya thinks that the scenario is way too different than the moege he was aiming for, and it’s very embarrassing and filled with his delusions, but he can’t help but feel for the couple.
>>
Next scene:
Background: rooftop

Meguri (smiling): Why…?
Eriri (facing downwards): …
Meguri: Why are you going? Why are you leaving me and MC?
Eriri: …This has nothing to do with you.
Meguri: It does. There’s no way I have nothing to with you and MC.
Eriri: …
Meguri: Or is it that you don’t want me to be involved? That you don’t want a newcomer like me to come in?
Eriri (a distressed expression): That…that…
Meguri (a pained expression): In the end, I guess wasn’t able to become your friend.
Eriri (a sad expression): Meguri…?
Meguri: I couldn’t be someone you could discuss anything with and share unpleasant opinions to help out or someone who could be with you no matter the circumstance and be looked back fondly upon. I couldn’t make such a unrefined, clumsy, yet beautiful friendship.
Eriri: Meguri…Meguri…I…
Meguri (smiling): …Right. Sorry. That was me being selfish.
Eriri (a face of regret): Ah…
Meguri: I’m just pushing my ideals on you, ignoring your hopes, dreams, and future.
Eriri (a distressed expression): That’s not it! That’s not it!
Meguri: Eriri…
Eriri: The truth is, you’re right. You’re completely right! It’s just, just that…
Meguri: Just that you have something you can’t give up on…yes, it’s the same for me too, Eriri.
Eriri: Meguri…
Meguri: Our talk is over. Sorry about calling you out here when you’re so busy.
Eriri: W-wait Meguri, I…
Meguri (crying as she smiles): S…
Eriri: Ah…
Meguri: Sorry, sorry…why, why…
Eriri (crying): --------
Meguri: Why did it wind up like this?

>Tomoya wonders why he’s writing such a dramatic scene right after such a lovey-dovey one. He realizes how off-course this scenario is from the moege he envisioned but figures that he’s so deep in now that he might as well finish it.
>>
Next scene:

The sun was at the line of horizon, about to set. Up until earlier, there was nothing but the sound of waves pounding the beach, but now the sound of a girl with golden hair playing in the water could be heard. Her hair shining from the sun, it was as if it was a scene she had drawn.

MC: Was that really okay?
Eriri: There was a problem?
MC: Well, aren’t you a bit too gung-ho for this? You might have to give up on a lot of things, you know,

Right now, Eriri was with me.

No matter how one looked at it, that resolute decision was strange and sudden.

Eriri: That’s not it. I’m doing so I don’t have to give up on everything. That includes my dreams, my friendship, and you, right?

She gave a clear smile, like she hadn’t thought about what was going to happen after this.

Eriri: Right. This isn’t a detour. It’s the right path.
MC: Though I can’t see that at all.
Eriri: You’ll see it in the future. No mistaking it.
MC: You sure think highly of yourself.
Eriri: It’s a bit too late to be saying that.
MC: …Well, it’s true you were always like that since way back.

After being dragged around by her for more than ten years, I could do nothing but flash a bitter smile and shrug.

Eriri: But you like that part of me right?
MC: Like I could go out with you.

But it was exactly like she said it was.

MC: Anyway, let’s go already. Meguri…everyone else is waiting.
Eriri: It’s been a while. I wonder if they’re doing well.
MC: See for yourself.
>>
File: SaeKano_09_07.jpg (260 KB, 1276x1585) Image search: [Google]
SaeKano_09_07.jpg
260 KB, 1276x1585
I turned my back to her to hide my embarrassment and walked away. She was going to follow me anyway. That had been our fate for over ten years.

Eriri: Hey, MC.
MC: Huh?

I turned my head around after hearing her call out to me. She was staring at me intensely. Her hair flowing, she had the biggest smile I had seen on her.

Eriri: I’ll definitely make you go out with me. For life.

>Tomoya realizes that he still has to write the most important part, Meguri and Eriri making up, but he passes out from the sheer exhaustion of writing for days on end.
>>
Epilogue

>Megumi wakes Tomoya up. It turns out he didn’t come to school that Monday. He asks who told her of his absence. It’s silent for a little while before Tomoya realizes that it was Eriri. Megumi asks Tomoya what he did during the weekend. He tells her that he spent it all writing and that he wants her to read the results and feel something. He says that the heroine is based on real life and that you could get a good idea of who that person is through reading it.
>>
“…phew”

She breathed a heavy sigh after reading the epilogue of the Eriri route.

“A-are you done?”

I asked after ten and several minutes of not speaking. Thanks to my waiting, Katou didn’t give any sharp reactions or anything. She just nodded with an expressionless look on her face.

“H-how was it?”

I timidly yet earnestly asked. Did she feel something from my scenario? Did she see the real Eriri? Did she rethink mending her friendship?

“…yeah, I got it.”

She stared at me and nodded.

“Katou, you got it!?”

It finally reached. Eriri’s earnest feelings hidden behind her contrarian personality finally reached Katou. Their antagonism that had lasted for three months would finally go…

“I didn’t get Eriri…but now I really, really get you, Aki-kun.
“…Katou?”

Just when it was about time for a really emotional moment…

“Just how much do you love Eriri, Aki-kun?”
“Whhaaaaaaaaaaaaatt?”

Without breaking her flatness even a bit, Katou stared at me with wide-open eyes, as if she was looking down on me.

“Right, if you love someone this much, of course you’d forgive them no matter how many times they betray you.”
“No no no wait a second! Katou, did you read the whole thing?”

She talked about my scenario dismissively.

“Yeah, I read every nook and cranny. This is just a love letter from Aki-kun to Eriri.
“No no no what’s with that interpretation? Also no one says “love letters” anyway!”
“Yes yes, that’s totally what’s going on here. ~Understood~.”
“Hey! Your reaction is more dismissive than usual!”
“But, you know, this is so obvious…it’s worthy of being called a liar six times.”
“That far!?”
“Ah~, now there’s a bunch of things I have to think about.”
“Like what!?”
>>
>>133849871
>Saekano
Trash.
>>
File: SaeKano_09_08.jpg (364 KB, 1328x1503) Image search: [Google]
SaeKano_09_08.jpg
364 KB, 1328x1503
>Later, Iori and Izumi also read the scenario, with similar reactions to Megumi’s. Tomoya insists that they are confusing reality with fiction too much, though no one seems very convinced. Izumi comments on how the game is too different from the moege she expected and how she can’t draw well for this, but Iori tells her to focus solely on cuteness to get the game back on track. Izumi gets motivated and swears to protect Tomoya from Eriri. Iori admits that while he didn’t expect the game to be like this, he enjoyed it and that he looks forward to his future scenarios. Later, after Iori and Izumi have left, Megumi tells Tomoya that she’ll apologize to Eriri directly. She says that she’ll write down what happens during their make-up so that the story between Meguri and Eriri can be finished. Tomoya realizes that the scenario actually reached Megumi, and she even understood that the story was incomplete. Megumi comments on how she’s hungry. Tomoya tells her to get something downstairs, but instead she takes Tomoya’s half-eaten bread and finally calls him “Tomoya-kun.” She admits to enjoying his scenario and tells him that she’s looking forward to the main heroine’s scenario.
>>
>>133850020
> Megumi asks everyone physically in the room how they feel about the schedule, and they respond by saying that they’re fine. Iori comments on how it’s mean to ignore him just because he said that she was troublesome, scheming, and manipulating Tomoya from behind the scenes. He clarifies that they were in fact compliments and that she reminds him of Akane. The room goes silent as Megumi pushes the hardware reset button. She encourages everyone to take a break and eat before the food gets cold. Everyone complies.

>>133850652
>“Just how much do you love Eriri, Aki-kun?”
>“Right, if you love someone this much, of course you’d forgive them no matter how many times they betray you.”

>>133850700
>Tomoya realizes that the scenario actually reached Megumi, and she even understood that the story was incomplete

Megumi is so great. Still best girl.
>>
So the author dragged out the Megumi-Eriri confrontation for another volume.
>>
>>133851318
The editor probably tell to drag it out for S2.
>>
File: 1441162374556.png (113 KB, 247x274) Image search: [Google]
1441162374556.png
113 KB, 247x274
Megumi a shit.

Eriri a shit.
>>
>>133851734
Megumi a best.
Eriri a third best.
>>
>>133851456

Why? It's uncertain whether we'll get anything after volume 7 animated.
>>
>>133849871
So in resume this volume is everybody hates Eriri except Tomoya
>>
>>133852037
Megumi doesn't hate her though.
>>
>>133852037

She's the cause of all the circle's problems, but only Izumi seems to dislike her.
>>
>>133851190
>Someone resetting your game
>Best girl
What a kek.
>>
>>133852692

Iori pissed her off.
>>
>>133852835
And? Is still a shit move to reset a console.
>>
>>133852692
Nice word filter faggot
>>
>>133850652
>“Yeah, I read every nook and cranny. This is just a love letter from Aki-kun to Eriri.
>“No no no what’s with that interpretation? Also no one says “love letters” anyway!”
>“Yes yes, that’s totally what’s going on here. ~Understood~.”
>“Hey! Your reaction is more dismissive than usual!”
>“But, you know, this is so obvious…it’s worthy of being called a liar six times.”
>“That far!?”
>“Ah~, now there’s a bunch of things I have to think about.”
>“Like what!?”

What is she thinking about?
>>
Thank you very much OP/Random anon.

Megumi still being best but they drag it for the next volume.

Goddammit Utaha is now pretty much getting sideline.
>>
>>133852037
I would say that Megumi is reluctantly forgiving
Eriri for the game's sake, while Izumi and Iori aren't particularly fond of Eriri, but acknowledges her talent. MC is still hung up on her though.
>>
>>133852890
It's not a console. She just shut Iori off.
>>
>>133849871
Can I get a tldr?
>>
>>133853147
>The room goes silent as Megumi pushes the hardware reset button.

But I can be wrong.
>>
File: Saekano_07_03.jpg (487 KB, 1086x1454) Image search: [Google]
Saekano_07_03.jpg
487 KB, 1086x1454
>>133853005
Maybe a way to get Eriri and Tomoya confess their honest feelings for each other. She's been egging him on to since vol 7.
>>
>>133853376
>The circle is having a meeting to discuss scheduling, though Iori is the only one on a webcam
>>
>>133853481
Okay I admit it my game faggotry got the better of me.
>>
Are there summaries for Vol. 1-5?
>>
>>133850700
>Megumi actually eats Tomoya's half eaten bread
>>
>>133853581
Yes.

Eriri is a cunt.
>>
>>133853581

You can just watch the anime for 1-4. 5 doesn't have anything yet.
>>
>>133852037
Megumi has a hard time forgiving her exactly because she sees her as an important friend and not just a colleague. It's not about hate. She knows that she is at fault for feeling that way as well.

So yeah, Megumi a best.

That aside, that was a pretty good volume I'd say.
>>
>>133855316
>That aside, that was a pretty good volume I'd say.

It was definitely funny, but one thing I can't get over is how it ruined volume 8 by making Tomoya and Megumi stop using a first name basis. I just don't get what Eriri has to do with that. The whole relationship between Megumi and Eriri is confusing because so much of it was developed offscreen.
>>
Megumi a shit.
>>
>>133853394

Tomoya doesn't seem to have romantic feelings for anyone at this point. Like, volume 8 made it seem Tomoya x Megumi was going to happen soon, but now Tomoya just seems scared of her. He even uses "desu" when he talks to her.
>>
Dark Megumi is awesome.

Even though nothing much happened, it's good to see the whole gang again.

>>133855512
At least she called him Tomoya-kun again in the epilogue. I hope it stays like that now.
>>
>>133855512
Maybe she decided that she didn't wanna try getting closer to Tomoya while she was still at odds with Eriri, because that could be seen as a betrayal in itself, like making use of her absence to "get the lead" or something.
>>
>>133857245

Perhaps, but she got a first name basis with Tomoya in vol 8 even when she hadn't made up with Eriri. It was Eriri's key visual at the end that knocked her out of it, and I just don't see why that happened. I also don't see what Eriri has to do with Tomoya not calling Megumi by her first name. He already calls everyone else in the circle by their first names, it's not that big of a deal.
>>
>>133850020
>>133850077
>>133850117
>>133850149
>>133850189
>>133850245
>>133850297
>>133850344
>>133850396
>>133850434
>>133850473
>>133850504
>>133850544
>>133850578
>>133850611
>>133850652
>>133850700
Quite an interesting approach to handle the situation between Eriri and Megumi. I also think that Eriri's route is incomplete. Tomoya wrote events that includes volume 2, 3, and 4, but events related to Eriri from volume 5 and especially 6 are missing and they are critical to understand Eriri.

His version of what went on between Eriri and Megumi in volume 7 is lacking, but Megumi will already explain to Tomoya the details he is missing so that scenario will be complete.
>>
>>133857535

What did Eriri do in volume 5? I just remember her sulking because she didn't get to dance with Tomoya.
>>
>>133857495
>>133856971
The author is just creating that small tension between Megumi and Tomoya to develop them more later on.
>>
File: 1426807862175.png (215 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1426807862175.png
215 KB, 500x600
>Eriri route
I so called it in the thread we had the other day.

I'm gad to see Eriri is still best.
>>
>>133858063

It'd be better if that tension made sense, but I guess I'll hold off until we get to the scene where they make up.
>>
>>133857777
That's the climatic event in volume 5 and there's a reason for that. It'll help convey and express Eriri's pride that conflicts with her sincere feelings, so it's something that should be in the scenario Tomoya wrote.
>>
>>133858578
>it's an Eriri volume
>she isn't actually present for most of the story
>>
>>133858578
Too bad Tomoya had to adjust things because he realized that people would really dislike Eriri going through the route. And she does leave a bad impression on me, don't think I could ever like her.
>>
>>133850149
>>133850504
>>133850544
Was Eriri made from glass or something? How mentally weak she is? Also Megumi continue being a goddess.
>>
>>133860810
Not counting Eriri and Tomoya's lunch together, almost half of the 2nd part of the volume focused on Eriri through Tomoya's scenario that practically mirrors the real life version.

>>133860871
>adjust
I don't see that anywhere and you completely miss Tomoya's point about balance, which is exactly what Eriri is about that makes her crude and rough, but also adorable and genuine as a person.
>>
>>133858578
It really looks like a love letter.
>>
>>133861400

Megumi was at her most vindictive this volume.

>“Right, if you love someone this much, of course you’d forgive them no matter how many times they betray you.”
>>
>>133863718
Well, she was screwing with him a bit, much like she has done before. She shows later that she does understand what she was trying to do, after all.
>>
>>133863718
How many times did Eriri betray Tomoya?
>>
>>133863841
*what he was trying to do.
>>
>>133863898

Twice. She was forgiven every time.
>>
Why is Utaha so irrelevant?
>>
>>133863973
>Utaha
Who?
>>
>>133863934
>>“Just how much do you love Eriri, Aki-kun?”
>>“Right, if you love someone this much, of course you’d forgive them no matter how many times they betray you.”

I really like this quote.
>>
>>133863841

I don't know if she was screwing with him. She might actually be jealous.
>>
>>133863934
Twice? When she left the Circle is an obvious, but what's the other time?
>>
>>133864080
I interpret it as at least partially joking, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to it.
>>
>>133863973

Other than Tomoya, she has no real connection to the circle, and right now she's on good terms with him. There's no potential for drama, so her only role is being a joke character like Michiru and Izumi who just provide comic relief.
>>
>>133863973
This. She just reappear to tell the reader that she still exist.
>>
>>133864130

The elementary school incident. He interpreted it as her selling out to the normalfags.
>>
>>133864407
That really counted? Man, they were just kids and wasn't the whole point of the fight/made up that they went through was to show that both side were wrong?
>>
>>133864560
Didn't they stop talking to each other until highschool when Tomoya need her at his circle? The wound was so deep.
>>
>>133864560
Well, she did keep it up for a very long time and treated him in a pretty shitty way throughout, didn't he?
>>
>>133864693
Yeah, I think so. But...still.
>>
>>133863718
I think the scene where she disconnected Iori was a better display of her vindictive side. He really makes her sound like Setsuna from WA2.
>>
>>133864729
Venomous and disagreeable, but it wasn't overbearing so I wouldn't call it shitty. They had a falling out and were on bad terms as a result of misunderstanding on both sides. In any case, would Tomoya still see it as betraying after facts came to light when they argued and made up? That's what I'm puzzled about.
>>
>>133864252
I'm just happy she has chance to appear in this volume.

It's pretty sad that her chance to get MC's D is pretty minuscule but at least we get Metronome for it
>>
>>133864948

Kind of makes you wonder who's really in charge of the circle.
>>
>>133863973
I'm guessing she got sidelined here in the main story since her manga route is getting more popular.
>>
>>133867420
Utaha has disadvantage from start.
In Eriri case, Tomoya and her was in love in each other.
In Megumi case, Tomoya fall for her first.
In Utaha case, she was the one who fall for Tomoya after knowing he's her biggest fans.
>>
>>133861907
He had to add moe scenes to make people actually like Eriri. Without those additions people would've had a terrible impression of her.
>>
>>133869089
Every heroine in a galgame needs moe, a tsundere heroine in particular requires it more than most.

But from how I understand it, Tomoya simply realized from an early stage that if he wrote Eriri from his limited perspective of her starting from the cafe scene where she went daggers to Megumi, she would ended up hated. Tomoya has to remember Eriri's moe he sees on occasion and/or add them to balance the missing gaps on his side. It basically shouldn't be different from reading Saekano, you know. Think about it.
>>
So did eriri or school president type girl return to tomoyas circle?
>>
>>133870238
Not yet.
>>
>>133849871
I don't know what this thread is about but that backpack turns me on. Thank you for your time.
>>
>>133872134
>backpack
>round butt
>thick thighs
>short skirt
>ZR
>blonde
>twintails
>loli
>DFC
2D at its best
>>
> Delay 3 months
> Nothing happens
KEK
>>
>>133872274
All those things you described exist in real world too anon
>>
>>133872332
But they come packaged with a million problems for you to deal with.
>>
>>133872370
That's true, unfortunately.
>>
>>133863973
Maybe because her route is already complete at this point?
>tfw next volume will be focus on how the relationship between Megumi and Eriri would ended up, as well as the discovery of the main route
>Which is another volume with Utaha getting not more than one chapter screen time
Kill me now.
>>
>That "love letter"
Smells like harem ending.
>>
>>133872661

It was what Egoistic Lily should have been.
>>
>>133872562
My problem with Megumi is that she seems uninterested, it was a huge "love letter" and she didn't flinch.
>>
>>133872904
Flat and indifferent disposition. That is how she normally is. It is just her thing.
>>
>>133872904
It's not that she's not interested. Given how she's still as perceptive and understanding as ever, it's just her patterned reaction to things. Plus she knows Eriri was Tomoya's first love; it shouldn't suprise her to see those feelings recreated again in his rendition of Eriri in the game. She even teased him about it.
>>
>>133872751
>Egoistic Lily
Wait what? I was thinking on Tomoya's perspective.
>>
>>133873208
>>133873630
I don't want it to be a huge drama but at least she should drop the deadpan in that matters.
>>
>>133874088
I personally don't like that she is like that. It just feels awkward for someone like her. If she was a true dandere or a perceived emotionless kuudere type, then it'd be very moe, but she doesn't carry that sort of charm imo.
>>
>>133872904

She's just good at hiding her feelings.
>>
>>133874088
But doing so would ruin the charm produced by the ambiguity of her feelings towards Tomoya. She's extremely composed which is needed to give contrast in the cast.
>>
File: 53a6f5470663e4275248fee409ff45e9.jpg (189 KB, 1280x1254) Image search: [Google]
53a6f5470663e4275248fee409ff45e9.jpg
189 KB, 1280x1254
>>133874217
>she isn't a simple archetype, so I don't like her
I think that's probably the best part about her. She has some intricacy to her and her feelings are much less apparent than the others', which makes her stand out as the more real person. And not to shit on the other characters, but they fit much more into their respective moe categories.
>>
>>133874422

Normal people usually aren't as flat as Megumi.
>>
File: Saekano_07_02.jpg (173 KB, 764x961) Image search: [Google]
Saekano_07_02.jpg
173 KB, 764x961
>>133874242
So far only her attachment to the circle has made her break down. Also, her confrontation with Eriri.

It wouldn't surprise me if she ends up crying again next volume.
>>
>>133874422
Don't get all defensive now please. It's not a matter of simple or not, she makes it tiring because it is awkward for her to be like that.
>>
>>133874654
Sure, not usually. She has an expert poker face. The point is more that, much like most real people, it's often quite hard to see how they really feel about things. People have their facades. I guess you could say that she is an exaggeration of that in a way.

>>133874769
I don't think it's particularly awkward myself. It's a bit exaggerated, sure, but since we always see her in interaction with others, who knows if she's quite as stoic when no one's looking.
>>
>>133875004
We'll have to agree to disagree.
>>
>>133875436
Well, it is a matter of opinion, of course. I personally really like it, the storytelling pertaining to her is very different and highlights how she is the "real" person in this world of VN heroines. We always see her from a second person perspective, just like with real people, where we don't get any first person view or the perspective of a third person narrator on how the character feels.

That said, I can see why it would turn some people off.
>>
File: 7C0.jpg (146 KB, 1330x750) Image search: [Google]
7C0.jpg
146 KB, 1330x750
>>133874670
>9.5 is next
>it will be eight months at the minimum before we see this conflict resolved
>>
>>133875702
Well, if 9.5 is about the sadistic training of Eriri and Utaha under Akane's orders, the wait should be worth it.
>>
So where is the afterwords?
>>
>>133875904

No one cares about Utaha, they should focus on Eriri and Megumi because they're the main girls at this point.
>>
>>133849871
Randoseru improves everything.
>>
>>133876001
>Utaha
Plot wise, I don't.
But without her being cute once in a volume I will riot.
Oh wait, 9.5 is side-stories anyway.
>>
File: 1313553349724.png (132 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
1313553349724.png
132 KB, 460x460
>>133876067
>tfw it's going to be about Eriri
>>
Is anyone translating the light novels?
>>
>>133875904
>sadistic training of Eriri and Utaha under Akane's orders,
That's what I figured the next GS would be about. I'm extra curious how Akane made Eriri into this new monster. I can't imagine it's merely something as simple as just pushing her.
>>
>>133876001
Going by the LN poll this year
>06. Katou Megumi (Saekano)
>21. Kasumigaoka Utaha (Saekano)
>25. Sawamura Spencer Eriri (Saekano)

The gap between Eriri and Utaha seems to have shortened a lot. I guess if this keeps up, Eriri is going to surpass Utaha in popularity. Poor Utaha.
>>
File: 1424987078833.png (327 KB, 380x720) Image search: [Google]
1424987078833.png
327 KB, 380x720
>>133876121
>Implying that isn't a good thing
>Thinking Utaha won't be in it either anyways
>>
>>133876219
Most of vol 9 was about Eriri and how is she destroying the circle.
>>
>>133876121
>Implying side-stories will ever give focus on one character only
But watching Eriri being cute is also fun as well.
>>
>>133876192

Her character got more likable ever since it put more focus on her relationship with Megumi than her relationship with Tomoya.
>>
>>133876192
>Popularity because of relevance in the recent story
Utaha will get more popularity once she becomes relevant, such as getting her own arc in the future.
We can only dream.
>>
>>133876347
Nah Eriri's contacts with Tomoya are also enjoyable as well, story wise and character wise.
>>
>>133876192
sauce?
>>
>>133876317
What does a hypothetical side story have to do with volume 9?
>destroying
Get off the internet, Izumi. Your jealously and trying to copy Eriri instead of sticking to your own style is the real problem.
>>
>>133876464
>Utaha will get more popularity once she becomes relevant, such as getting her own arc in the future.

So never.
>>
>>133849871
>Eriri volume

It's shit, right? It's shit.
>>
>>133876530
Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi!
>>
>>133876553
It could be a girls side of the events of vol 9.
>>
File: 1431762796437.jpg (412 KB, 1000x1339) Image search: [Google]
1431762796437.jpg
412 KB, 1000x1339
>>133849871
Where can I find the other volume's summaries?
>>
>>133876580

Probably the worst volume yet. Surprisingly, Eriri didn't show up personally very much, this volume showed the heroines about equally (well, except Utaha).
>>
>>133876643
Google my friend.
>>
>>133876133
Progress is slow.

I don't know how stuff like Asterisk and Rakudai have translations up to the latest volume and Saekano doesn't.
>>
>>133876755
I'm wondering that as well.

For being a relatively popular harem series, Saekano barely gets any love from translators.
>>
>>133876580
>>133876686
And here we go.
>>
>>133876686
Nah only 3 heroines get enough relevance this volume.
Oh wait, there're only 4 of them, so all except Utaha then. Never mind.
>>
>>133876595
A GS ss related to volume 9 would be exactly like what >>133875904 said.
>>
>>133876580
Go away hater. Volume 9 soujds actually interesting plot-wise and has lots of moe.
>>
File: DnXjKnDh.jpg (167 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DnXjKnDh.jpg
167 KB, 1024x768
>>133876192
>Megumi rapidly climbing the charts
Why is she so perfect?
>>
>>133876192
03. Tenkyou no Alderamin
04. Eirun Last Code
05. Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasuka? Isogashii desuka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desuka?
10. Escape Speed
What are these ?
>>
>>133876755
But those two aren't translated up to the latest volume.
>>
>>133877225
She was already 14th last year and it was before the anime and volume 7 came out.

It's good to see vols 7 and 8 boosted her to be the best non-Index/Yahari/SAO girl on the list.
>>
https://saekanothetranslation.wordpress.com/

Well, at least someone is translating volume 5.
>>
>>133877664

They're translating at a decent speed. Faster than the other guy who hasn't updated in more than three months anyway.
>>
>>133877225
>seishun buta yarou
So what's that supposed to be about? That the only LN on there that doesn't have an anime yet.
>>
File: 1405456691.jpg (57 KB, 333x260) Image search: [Google]
1405456691.jpg
57 KB, 333x260
>>133850020
>when a harem MC has all the girls, and that even after he picks a girl the rest of the harem has to yearn for him for the rest of their lives.
>>
File: 1426451073799.jpg (304 KB, 1000x810) Image search: [Google]
1426451073799.jpg
304 KB, 1000x810
>>133850700
>Megumi comments on how she’s hungry. Tomoya tells her to get something downstairs, but instead she takes Tomoya’s half-eaten bread and finally calls him “Tomoya-kun.” She admits to enjoying his scenario and tells him that she’s looking forward to the main heroine’s scenario.

Me too
>>
This is a decent thread, thanks for the summaries.
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.