[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this anime any good? Been wanting to start it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
>>
It sucks. Only good thing about it is the OP. Don't know why I expected anything good from A1 to begin with honestly.
>>
Red is a color.
>>
Do you like very slow paced mysteries?
Can you tolerate characters sometimes going on philosophical tangent?
Would you rather read a Novel than a Light Novel?

If you answered yes to those 3, I think you'll be able to like it.
>>
>>133828724
That is Crunchyroll's fault, not the show.
>>
It's alot of build up.
>>
>>133828614
Do you like very slow paced mysteries that actually go nowhere?
Can you tolerate characters sometimes saying stupid bullshit that even a 5 year old can judge as stupid?
Do you like shit?

If you answered yes to those 3, I think you'll be able to like it.
>>
>>133828929
Someone's mad.
>>
Pretention, pretention everywhere.
>>
>>133829502
Especially in the ones talking shit about the show.
You should have seen that previous thread.
>>
>>133829565
>talking shit about the show
No anon, they were talking about a shit show. I can see why you'd get that confused though.
>>
>>133829697
You can talk shit about all kinds of shows. It doesn't matter really, when you start comparing degrees and jobs to prove intellectual superiority you're off the deep end of pretentiousness.
>>
It's SUPERB if you enjoy unemotive senseis wearing goofy as fuck, ironic t-shirts.
>>
>>133828700
The ED is great too.
>>
File: insider_01.png (340 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
insider_01.png
340 KB, 800x449
>>133829782
/fa/ as fuck.
>>
So...the director fucked the loli, right?
>>
>>133829764
Yeah, that was really bad.
>>
File: murderloli.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
murderloli.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
she really likes red paint
>>
>>133830591
Who would refuse?
I'd fuck my niece (if I had one) if she came onto me like Magata did with her uncle.
>>
File: Subete-ga-F-ni-Naru-05-01.jpg (27 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Subete-ga-F-ni-Naru-05-01.jpg
27 KB, 1280x720
>>133830591
I think that was pretty clear.
>>
haven't watched past episode 2.
i really love the opening and art style but man, it was so boring i couldn't even complete the 3 episode rule

maybe i'll pick it back up when the season ends, but for now, nah.
>>
>>133831678
Ep 2 ends on a cliffhanger, aren't you curious about what just rolled out of the room?
>>
>>133828614

Watching this anime is like watching somebody slowly stroke it while look at their reflection in the mirror. Never before has the label of pretentious applied so well to a show and I say that in all seriousness not just as a 4chan extremist. It probably could be a little better but it's just so up it's own ass in how it carries itself like only an A-1 show could be.
>>
>>133831864
That's what got me to watch episode 3 actually. I wasn't too excited to keep going after the first episode, and episode 2 was pretty dull so I ordinarily would have dropped it.

It's not exactly gripping, but I couldn't just drop it on a cliffhanger. For some reason, I'm still here. It's not worth dropping it at this point so I'll probably keep going but the OP really is the only thing it has going for it.
>>
File: subete bread.jpg (66 KB, 540x607) Image search: [Google]
subete bread.jpg
66 KB, 540x607
>>133831949
What are you talking about? It's a fun show.
>>
>>133828614
The most boring out of the 21 shows I'm watching this season.
>>
>>133832135
>>133829935
Seriously, I would buy these shirts in a heartbeat.

Japs need to hurry up and merchandise this show.
>>
7/10, it's alright
I watch it half because I like murder mysteries (and this is an interesting one) and half because Moe is moe.
I watch it 0% because of senseis pseudophilosophical bullshit, but its just something ya gotta deal with
>>
/a/ hates it because it's too deep for them.
>>
>>133830591
Duh, the murder of Shiki or was that her child wouldn't even be possible without her being pregnant in the first place.
>>
>>133828614
If watching some pretentious fag pretend he's intelligent while smoking in a dimly lit room you might like it.
>>
The term 'pretentious pseudo psychoanalysis bullshit' is usually thrown around to bait, this show honestly wins the title

6 eps in and nothing literally happens for the first 3 eps and then the next 3 are talking about the time the lights dimmed and a robot cart rolled past them with a dead chick on top of it. And no, you don't even get CSI investigation analysis, the MCs are a professor of an undisclosed major and a literally autistic student that want his D talking about the meaning of life before and after the cart rolled past them. They even get emotional because their views on the meaning on life are different, its that kind of bs dialogue you get to watch.

Personally only keeping up with the show because the autistic girl is cute - she's pretty healthily drawn. The OP is also nice
>>
>>133834301
Ill make some for my redbubble this week you better buy them you faggot
>>
>>133828614
Oh wow, did Asano Inio illustrated that?
>>
The part where they talked in english, super slowly, just for the sake of it, made the show cross the line really hard.

You can argue hours on end whether Nasu writes pretentious shit, but this is clearly it. There is nothing of value to this show. It just tries very hard to be very smart and it really shows.
>>
Gotta hand it to them. The accents were about what you'd expect, but the actual English was pretty well-scripted.
>>
Also, hope you didn't miss this line. You should've already seen enough to put two and two together.
>>
After watching the Psycho Pass movie, the Engrish in this was like Shakespeare in comparison.
>>
>>133836506
What's your redbubble fag, and what's your shipping?
>>
>>133839696
More than that anon.

>Miki: She had this power to just draw me in.
>Miki: It felt as if we were like the same person.
Magata's multiple personalities are based upon other people. Shiki drew her in? What could that mean?

>Sensei: It seems they couldn't find your bag in the helicopter.
>Sensei: It was a present for your sister, correct?
>Miki: Yes. A doll.
No bag in the helicopter but there was a doll.

Honestly, this whole Engrish conversation is chock full of blatant hints. Anyone that has been paying attention should have an idea as to what's going on by now.
>>
>>133840008
>Magata's multiple personalities
>implying

Also, the Engrish spells it out a little more clearly, but it's not essential. Don't forget about that night of wild jungle sex with her uncle.
>>
> It won the Mephisto Prize for unpublished genre fiction novels and was published by Kodansha.

> Pretentious shit

There are like 100 series far worse than this and they are regarded as master pieces.
>>
I really enjoy it

The pace is nice, the characters are more fleshed out than usual, the mystery isn't completely over the top retarded (yet), the developments make some sense. OP and ED are top tier too.
>>
>>133828614
The most pretentious thing ever made. Shallow characters pretending to be smart by saiyng pseudo-phylosophycal things, based on the genius figure in pop culture.
>>
>>133842478
Funny how your post describes your post perfectly.
>>
File: image.jpg (244 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
244 KB, 1280x720
I want to fuck moe in her alfa romeo!
>>
>>133842478
You really need to expand your horizons, there are entire genres out there that exist purely to be pretentious

Granted it's less common in anime than film, but "ever" is still wildly inaccurate
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.