[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>41 years old grandpa >MC of a shonen series Why is this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: goku.png (635 KB, 2248x2363) Image search: [Google]
goku.png
635 KB, 2248x2363
>41 years old grandpa
>MC of a shonen series

Why is this allowed?
Is it because he has brain damage?
He isn't even that influential outside of other shonen jump series. They should just make Goten the new MC.
>>
>>133773003

Nobody gives a shit about Goten, just another "Kid-Goku" lookalike
>>
>>133773003
He started off as a 12 year old, spent over seven years dead & thus is biologically younger, he's even a part of an alien race that remains in his prime longer.
>>
At least with GT Goku was a kid again
>>
He's only 38 if you don't count the time he was dead.
>>
>>133773003
Is this the DBZ thread? Great, because I've been going through all of the films for the first time and I was wondering if the specials are worth watching?
>>
They tried making Gohan the protagonist and we all saw how well that went. And Kid Goku proved to be just about as effective in GT.

People like adult Goku. If you don't then maybe you shouldn't read his comic and/or watch the anime he stars in?
>>
>>133773561
The first Bardock one and the Trunks one are ok. I wouldn't call them "good", but they're better than the movies. The 2008 one is enjoyable enough if you can get past how boring it is. Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans is stupid but it's probably still better than some of the movies. Episode of Bardock isn't that bad if you can ignore how retarded it is.
>>
>>133773003
>They should just make Goten the new MC.

Only if that piece of shit Vegeta gets the boot as well. If anyone needs to fuck off it's Vegeta, he already has a rich wife and kid and literally trains because Goku is training.

Even then, I'd rather Goku as the main character as a 40-something adult being a deadbeat, instead of spin-off number 1003 of shitty high school kids whining about being special snowflakes and how much they hate their parents who pay all their bills.
>>
>>133773003
>Not getting it, complaining.
Have fun being autistic anon-kun.
>>
>>133773003
>Most popular character in franchise for over 20 years
>People literally won't watch thing if he's not in it
>DURR WHY IS HE STILL MC
>>
Proof that kids don't need or even want to watch shows or movies about kids like them doing cool things. As a kid thought Han Solo and Batman were the coolest guys ever and I wanted to be like them. Even at the start o fucking Naruto all those years ago the adults were always cooler and more interesting than the kids.
>>
Was it ever explained why they are the 'Z-Warriors'? Is it just a cool name?
>>
>>133773003
We need more shonen grandpas.
>>
>>133774577
Actually, they're the Dragon Team.
>>
>>133773003
Because the "fans" are immature and can't deal with change. Because Toriyama perceives it that way. Because Toryiyama is objectively a hack.
>>
He's 41? When is that? As of now, meaning in Super? I thought he should have been older.

I'm curious now. But is that his current age? Him and Chi-Chi are the same age, right, so she would be the same? How old are Vegeta, Bulma, Gohan and Videl?
>>
>>133776000
There's about 29 years in between Bulma meeting Goku and Beerus coming to Earth (I got this by counting all of the timeskips in the manga, plus another 5 years after the Buu Saga).

Goku said he was 12 during the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai. Goku probably considers himself to be 40 years old right now, but because of the time he spent dead and in the Room of Spirit and Time he's actually only 33. If you assume that Goku is actually 3 years older than he thinks he is (because he was 3 when he landed on Earth), that means he's biologically 36 years old.

We don't know how old Vegeta is, but he's older than 42 but well under 60. I'd guess that he's about 48.

Bulma is 45 and Gohan is 22. Chi-Chi and Videl's ages are never given but they're probably about 40 and 21 respectively. You could probably get exact ages from the guidebooks but fuck the guidebooks.
>>
^^^
The ages in this show make my head hurt...
>>
>>133773003
It just occurred to me last night that Gohan and Videl have only known each other for a year and a half and they've already had a kid. And they were in High School when they first met.

The timeline in Dragon Ball doesn't make any fucking sense. In a series with time skips after every arc and an established continuity, that's a big problem.
>>
>>133776855
There's only 6 months between the Buu saga and Beerus coming to Earth, isn't there? I thought that was outright stated in the first episode of Super.
>>
He is a guy, so it's natural.
>>
>>133776855
Bulma is 38 according to Battle of Gods.
>>
>>133777461

No she's not.

The joke is that most women lie about their age.
>>
Why people only remembers Goku? she dubs Kid/Teen/Adult Gohan, Kid Goku and Goten.
>>
I did some quick checking on the wiki, which apparently has compiled stuff from the guide books, so no reason to doubt it.

Resurrection F saga takes place in 779.

Goku and Chi-Chi are both born in 737, so they're about 42.

Vegeta is born in 732, so he's about 47. Bulma was born in 733, so she's about 46 or so.

Gohan was born in 757, making him about 22. Videl was born in 756, making her actually older than Gohan apparently.
>>
>>133778049
Makes sense, considering Gohan went to the hyperbolic time chamber.
>>
>>133777596
Lots of people grew up watching the original Dragonball, when Goku was the protagonist. Not everyone started at Saiyan Saga and then go to original Dragonball.
>>
>>133777553
She's 38. The joke was she didn't want people to know
>>
>>133778049
Goku is actually like 35 then right?

He spent what, 7 years dead?
>>
>>133777358
Pan was born 6 years after Buu, so the Beerus saga has to take place about 5 years after Buu. Super is just really vague with its timeskips.
>>
>>133778583
my nigga
>>
>>133773003
>He isn't even that influential outside of other shonen jump series
What does this even mean?
>>
>>133778049
>>133779300
We actually figured out something:
First episode is six moths after Buu, one year had to pass to use the dragon balls again. Then Pilaf gang used one wish dismissed Shen Long, four moths after Bulma collected the dragon balls, they used one wish for SSJG, Shen Long fuck off because Beerus and the third wish isn't used.
One year after the Pilaf gang collected them again. Four moths until Frieza comes to Earth.
So between Buu saga and RoF there are 3 years and two moths.
>>
>>133776855
Vegeta is six years older than Goku.

>>133777461
Bulma was lying about her age.
>>
>>133779734
>Vegeta is six years older than Goku.
That's reasonable, but it's also not in the manga.
>>
>>133778873

Guidebooks have her birth date and the age of that time. Unless they decided to retcon that, she's 46. Goku is meant to be 41 or 42 then, not counting being dead, and there's no way she's younger than him. That wouldn't make any sense.
>>
>>133778982

I don't think that really counts in terms of stopping their age and such. Or at least, Toriyama doesn't seem to give a crap about it. They don't age like humans anyway.
>>
>>133775887
Why is fans in quotes? Are they ironic fans? Not True Scotsmen?
>can't deal with change
There is literally no reason to replace Goku as the MC.
>>
>>133779876
Vegeta also spends 2 years in the time chamber during the Cell saga while Goku only spends 1 year there. So Vegeta gained an extra year on Goku just from that.
>>
File: 2edca5355f[1].jpg (100 KB, 594x394) Image search: [Google]
2edca5355f[1].jpg
100 KB, 594x394
>>133780402
Nah but some of those guys in the heaven training place had been their hundreds of years right? I don't think you age when you die.

I remember this bit specifically because I thought "You wanna try dying too?" was hilarious.
>>
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_timeline
>>
>>133773391
So Chichi is 48?

Disgusting.
>>
>>133780648
That timeline is wrong. The most blatant problem is it has Goku being sent to Earth as a newborn, even though Dragon Ball Minus said he was 3.
>>
>>133778982
When he died from Cell he kept his body as a reward for being Earth's Hero. So he probably aged while dead. God that sounds dumb.
>>
>>133780648
>Old Kaioshin is 75 million years old

Why do people think this? It's just a ridiculous number made up by the Daizenshuu. Old Kaioshin talked to Nameks during his time, do people really think it makes sense for Namekians to have existed 75 million years ago? Do people really think that a 75 million year old society was wiped out by bad weather?
>>
File: 1435881620892.jpg (85 KB, 950x633) Image search: [Google]
1435881620892.jpg
85 KB, 950x633
>>133780775
>Christmas cake
>disgusting

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>133781356
What's up with that daizenshuu shit anyways? I remember hearing that daizenshuu says saiyans become stronger if the saiyans conceive while they're super saiyans, but that was obviously never said in the manga or anime.

How come nerds like to cite it when they're just making some bullshit up?
>>
>>133781492
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't her attatchement to Goku make her specifically NOT a christmas cake?
>>
Wait, 41? wasn't he 23 at the start of DBZ? +1 for Vegeta + 1 For mecha Freezer Returns + 3 Androids + 1 in the Time Chamber + 7 Majin Buu = 36. Does DBS takes places 5 years after DBZ ended with Buu? Also You shouldn't count 8 years since Goku was dead for 8 years.
>>
>>133781722
"Christmas cake" refers to an older woman who isn't romantically attached to someone. Launch, for example.
>>
>>133780346
She probly 46 at the very end of Z when Trunks and Goten are teenagers and Bra is around 5, right now she's 38
>>
>>133775887
Gohanfags plz.
>>
>>133783139
>tfw no Bra yet
>>
What if DBS ends with Goku recovering his memory and going full Kakarotto on everyone until they kill him?
>>
>>133785056
>What if
>>
File: Goku counting.png (33 KB, 250x298) Image search: [Google]
Goku counting.png
33 KB, 250x298
>>133785056
What memory?
Nigga was baby when he hit his head.
>>
>>133773003
>He isn't even that influential outside of other shonen jump series

You should really REALLY do you research before talking hot shit on the internet how wrong you are let me prove the ways you ignorance is laughable.
>>
>>133785056
Nah, that'll never happen. It's too unexpected and surprising.
>>
>>133779455
Did they change the look of the Yardrattians?
>>
>>133773003
>retconned to be able to be killed with a small handgun, meaning Bulma is really the most powerful character as she could simply whip up a slightly stronger small handgun to kill Beerus
>this kills the series
>>
>>133785199
Dragonball List of influences...
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_influences_on_popular_culture?file=Sensei_kamehameha.png
>>
>>133785209
The point of that scene is to emphasize Goku's weakness of letting his guard down.

Also, Goku's been shot with regular guns in DB. While they seemed to hurt, they weren't able actually injure him. So the ring laser could also be a lot stronger than we think it is.
>>
File: original goku.jpg (70 KB, 362x265) Image search: [Google]
original goku.jpg
70 KB, 362x265
>>133785152
According to new canon he saw Bardock and Gine before going to earth
>>
>>133781492
>married woman
>christmas cake
Do you even know what Christmas cake means?
>>
>>133773003
now that i think about how many shonen manga or manga in general have a protagonist who is in his forties and already has grandchildren.
>>
>>133782180
Christmas Cake is a woman over the age of 25 (26 and over) who is not and has never been married. I don't know why people have a hard time with this. But if she's younger than 26, or if she's married, divorced, or widowed, she's not cake.
>>
>>
>>133785374
And that was before he hit his head.
>>
>>133785832
Goku sucks at farming.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.