[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon ball z Vs. Kai
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Dragon_Ball_Z_Kai.jpg (110 KB, 640x521) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Ball_Z_Kai.jpg
110 KB, 640x521
I want to watch Dragon ball z again, since i haven't watched it in years... but I don't want to trudge through all the filler of the original Z series.

How is Kai in general? I know there are some censorship issues and some off voice acting, but are there any other issues?
>>
it doesnt have faulconer music and a few famous lines have been butchered but overall its better
>>
>>133710273
>doesnt have faulconer music
That's a shame, I really enjoyed the music in the original series.

I wonder if I could try and skip most of the originals filler episodes.
>>
Watch Abridged. It's fucking terrible with cringey Reddit-tier writing but it's over quicker
>>
There's no censorship in the blu ray version. They only censored it for nickelodeon or some shit.
>>
>>133710392
The music it does have though is pretty good orchestra music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mcHP1HYkds

Also, the dub is leaps and bounds better than DBZ.

Same VAs, but years of experience improved their VA quality immensely.

The script also lines up much more with the original Japanese script than what Funimation was going for for the first half of DBZ of "super hero Goku" instead of "proud saiyan Goku"

Here's the famous "I am" speech in 3 different versions (DBZ, DB Kai and Team Four Star's Abridged).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgL-RKRRJ5E
>>
>>133710108
Pros: Better voice acting (Both Sub and Dub imo)
Updated recording equipment gives better audio and SFX.
Better music. (No Faulconer)
Translation accuracy puts the Z dub to shame. They even say Son Goku once.
Pacing is better by leaps and bounds. It'll still take a lot more time watching the original and skipping filler episodes.
A bit of new animation in the show, not to mention the openings and ending.

Cons:Inconsistent animation.
Slight censorship issues.
In the 20 years they had they still haven't fixed some errors/ weird looking designs.
Restoration process seems to get lazier and lazier as time goes on with the Buu saga looking pretty bad.
Music changes part of the way through due to the composer copying other works (Avatar, Terminator Salvation).
No dub for the Buu saga yet.
Just overall laziness on Toei's part really.
>>
>>133710273
>No Faulconer
Thank god, Faulconer music was shit and was poorly edited anyway.

Yamamoto OST is good, but its been removed in the latest versions of Kai
>>
>>133713649
Here's a better comparison of the DBZ dub and the Kai dub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7fASqHz_eE
>>
look at all of you basic fucking faggots
>"no faulconer music"
>"oh that's a shame"
why are north americans even allowed here fuck
>censorship
this has been discussed for fucking years, there is no fucking censorship, only the TV version
this anon >>133711163 shouldn't have to say it. this looks like fucking youtube comments. i hope you all die.
>>
File: KaiEdit3.jpg (119 KB, 808x676) Image search: [Google]
KaiEdit3.jpg
119 KB, 808x676
>>133714160
Most of the censorship was on american television but that's not all of it.
I meant there were changes between Z and Kai even on the Blurays. This is a classical example.
>>
>>133710674

It's better then most fan-dubs with better production values, and by people who are clearly passionate about DBZ. And they have a high degree of official recognition. Sabat Himself was in Super Android 13 Abridged.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.