[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime production
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: Stress.png (2 MB, 2560x1429) Image search: [Google]
Stress.png
2 MB, 2560x1429
>life making anime

Why is it so hard?
>>
>>133667111
Japanese animators have to compete with other much cheaper asian animators, there is also no shortage of animators willing to take someones place.
>>
>>133667111
Most industries revolving around escapism are pretty hard to get into.
>>
File: merry christmas.jpg (134 KB, 800x551) Image search: [Google]
merry christmas.jpg
134 KB, 800x551
Not everyone gets to work at KyoAni
>>
>>133667111
It seems hard for those that doesn't work and are just waiting for Mom to bring them food and pay the bills.
>>
>>133667945
It's not easy making anime regardless of whether you work or not
>>
>>133667945
You sure showed those NEETs, dude. Upvoted!
>>
>>133667945
at least try
>>
>>133667111
Because anime is generally crap.
>>
File: 1445179412183.png (1017 KB, 1200x880) Image search: [Google]
1445179412183.png
1017 KB, 1200x880
>>
>>133669383
I really wish they'd gone with their original plan of continuing the story until Aoi becomes a producer.
>>
>>133669383
>pa's making almost 20k a year.

Not even close try less than 10k

being a pa is fucking awful
>>
>>133669410
As much as I liked Shirobako, I think it would've worn out its welcome if it was 4 cours long.
>>
>>133670805
Yeah I'm certainly skeptical that they could have kept it great for that long. I mean, I have no particular reason to think it would have gone downhill other than the fact that everything does eventually. I'd very much prefer two great cours rather than two great cours muddied by two mediocre ones.
>>
>>133669383
This is totally misrepresentative because it just jumps straight to A-list seiyuu. If you threw in the B- C- and D-list, it would be much more reasonable. I mean you've got part-timer in there, so basically pay for seiyuu is on a bell curve with part-timer near one end and A-list on the other. I guess my problem with it is that all the other salaries appear to be averages for the different positions, while the A-list one is basically the maximum possible.
>>
>>133671314
it's not even her real salary. It's just what she makes total.
I don't think those are averages, but basically what PA works thought their characters were getting.
>>
I hope in Season 2 Shirobako goes deeper. Really expose the corrupt nature of animation in Japan.
>>
>>133667111
Creating anything in general is hard and if you do it for money, it's probably even less fun than you expect.
>>
>>133671439
Is there actually any chance of a season 2? I never really paid attention to the sales for bako.
>>
>>133669341
This. Look at the sales figures for anime every season. A huge majority of shows flop and probably fail to pay for themselves. It's amazing they still churn them out at the rate they do, but I'm sure it's just because book companies are still willing to fund them as advertisements.

And there it is, the shortest ever explanation of why so much anime is bad.
>>
>>133669383
Is there no minimum wage for Japan? Even burger flippers on minimum wage get a 30k salary.
>>
>>133669383
How can Ema afford to not be homeless.
>>
>>133671537
it did pretty well actually. but the problem is that the staff didn't anticipate the popularity and just about everybody had scheduled to do other projects after shirobako's done airing. the main creator for example is booked for other projects for couple years. so basically the prospect of having a follow up season got schedule conflicted to hell.
>>
>>133670780
it is fucking awful, but most places pay 160000 yen per month
>>
>>133671666
Japanese companies often provide housings for their employees, along with health cares and what not.
>>
>>133671680
Oh yeah, I remember hearing that now. Well, at least it's not another case of nip shit taste.
>>
>>133671628
>minimum wage
>30k salary
That's in one city and hasn't even been phased in yet.
>>
>>133671709
That certainly make these numbers deceptive.

If their room and board (and so I would assume hydro as well) are paid for then their expenses are cut pretty sharply. If you live anywhere rea estate has decent value, like a city or suburb, then rent ends up being your largest yearly expense by a longshot, with travel a close second. Ema seems to live within walking distance of her work, so that eliminates the need for daily transit fare or a car.

Which means, at the end of the day, her expenses are taxes and food. That actually leaves a pretty safe amount of pocket money for someone making ~10k a year. She's certainly not going to be struggling from paycheck to paycheck just to feed herself.
>>
>>133671680
It's not like it needs a second season, it already had a good conclusion, it doesn't need to ruin it by creating unnecessary drama
>>
File: 1440872530827.jpg (111 KB, 810x810) Image search: [Google]
1440872530827.jpg
111 KB, 810x810
Shirobako reminded me even the shittiest shows does indeed have real people struggling to create them, making me appreciate them just a little more. Did the propaganda work on me?
>>
>>133672521
It was enough for me to force myself to sit through ISUCA and Absolute Duo. I was cured of that notion pretty quick.
>>
>>133667111
Imagine having to spend 75% of your day drawing pictures for lower than minimum wage and barely feeding yourself while there are thousands of people trying to do the same and having to worry about competing with thousands of people.
>>
>>133672521
>>133672546
What you're saying about real people is true, but the other side of that coin is that lots of those real people are assholes looking to make a quick cash grab. Then you think about how many jobs you've had where maybe the company had potential but your bosses were retarded or didn't give a shit, and then realize that that's equally true in the anime industry. Sure, some of these people are probably in it because they want to create something great, but I'm sure just as many are in it to make ends meet and don't care about the final product at all. Even in the overwhelmingly optimistic shirobako there are other studios, animators, and employees who are portrayed as not giving a shit because they're not the right type of idealistic to fit into the narrative of the protagonists.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.