[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tenshinhan is too much de-powered in Dragon Ball
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6
File: 2258026953_small_1.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
2258026953_small_1.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
Hi /a/

Don't you think Tenshinhan is too much depowered in Dragon Ball ?

He was my favourite character in the first serie, but since the sayan arc he became an useless pussy who get knocked everytime.

Don't you think Tenshinhan and the other secondary characters (Piccolo, Krillin, Yamcha...) should be repowered in Dragon Ball Super so they can be useful and have great fights again (and not only beating Freeza's minions) ?
>>
>>133647472
Him and Trunks were the only people who were seriously trying to prevent Cell from getting any stronger.

For that, I respect him.
>>
>>133647501
There was also Piccolo, who tried to kill Cyborg 17 before Cell could absorb him.
>>
Come on, I really hate how Toriyama threw in the trash his own characters.
I wonder if it's because of the japanese opinion...
>>
>>133647648
Japanese anime and manga fans are stupid.

And Toriyama screwed this series after the Frieza saga.
>>
>>133647810
Well DBZ fans grown up and are less stupid now, and so they can see how the series fucked with the characters : all human and even Piccolo became secondary, the Buu saga is only about sayans and Dragon Ball Super seems to be only about Goku and Vegeta.
>>
>>133647948
Too late though, the series is beyond saving now.
>>
Totally agree. Him and Krillin were always part of my favorite characters so I would love it if they got a power boost, maybe not as much as the saiyan power levels, but enough to make them relevant again.

What I liked the most of them was that despite being light years weaker than the enemy they still fought valiantly for the sake of earth and in my book that deserves mad respect.

Yamcha can gtfo tho.
>>
>>133648869
I thought Toriyama or whoever is writing the story would have understand with the years, but they're still irrelevants.

Aren't they popular characters ? Maybe Toriyama only care about Japan's opinion, which only want SUPAAA SAYAJINNN WITH SPIKEY HAIR §§§§§§§
>>
Fuck off, DBZ faggot. Or keep your garbage contained to one thread.
>>
>>133649046
I allow you not to read if you don't like it, halfwit.
>>
>>133647472
He survived Buu's extermination attack, that's something.
>>
>>133648869

There is a small hope with the universe 6 tournament
>>
>>133649046
Sage and report Anon. One day these fags will die of the cancer they perpetuated.
>>
Tien is my favorite too. He is one of the old characters that is relevant somewhat in almost every saga.

I wish he got a power up.
>>
Wasn't Tien the first fucking guy to fly and do beam attacks in the show?

Imo tien should become a "wise pioneer" type that teaches goku and vegeta new attacks
>>
>>133649487
> do beam attacks in the show?
that would be roshi
>>
You think we'll see the human or Namek equivalent of super saiyan or would that be too cheesy for DB? I mean, we've already seen Freeza's species equivalent of super saiyan now.

>Roshi's muscular form is Super Human
>>
>>133649487
Sadly, seniority don't mean anything in Dragon Ball : Piccolo junior was the most powerful opponent they had with incredible techniques, even if he was born from the dying Piccolo demon...5 years ago.
>>
>>133649786
I'd like it if that can make human characters be useful again. So power wouldn't only be a race thing lel.
>>
File: goku-and-master-roshi-dance-o.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
goku-and-master-roshi-dance-o.gif
3 MB, 320x240
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-sesbIofwc
In both cases Goku and Vegeta spontanioulsy knew how to dance, are saiyans also natural born dancers?
>>
Speaking of repowering, isn't the Universe 6 arc supposed to be a 5 on 5 battle?

None of the Z Fighters are even on Goku and Vegeta's level anymore, so who is going to participate?

Are we going to get bullshit deus ex power ups for Gohan, Piccolo, and Gotenks or are we going to get a training arc?
>>
>>133650124
Well, the only one who are training are Goku and Vegeta, who already are the most powerful guys...

So that'll be that deus ex shit, or they'll create new characters as powerful as Goku and Vegeta, who'll take the places of Piccolo, Tenshinhan, etc. = bullshit
>>
>>133650077

We need an episode where Goku and Vegeta have to rely on dancing skills to save the universe sometime in Super.
>>
Everyone in this thread keeps calling him "Tien" when that's his dub name. I thought you people hate dubs?

He is Tenshinhan. There isn't even any "i" in his Japanese name, its Ten not Tien.
>>
>>133650924
In France it's "Tenshinhan" or it's abriged "Tenshin".
>>
File: 1423660010639.jpg (25 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1423660010639.jpg
25 KB, 320x240
>>133650924
>There isn't even any "i" in his Japanese name
>Tenshinhan
>shin
>i
>>
>>133648869
The biggest weakness of Dragonball is that somehow technique and fighting styles became meaningless against power levels.

Martial arts are about doing best with the physical capabilities one has. It's so sad that humans had no chance of overcoming the saiyajin powercreep with martial arts, using whatever smaller amount of power they had to win their fights against physically stronger opponents. I think destructo disc was the last attempt. After that Toriyama gave up.
>>
File: 04738945243.png (620 KB, 1279x727) Image search: [Google]
04738945243.png
620 KB, 1279x727
>people complaining that humans are too weak
>Not remembering that the strongest character is a human
>>
>>133654366
You're totally right. Maybe DBS should learn from One Piece on that point : there's a lot of tricks in its fights.
>>
>>133654490
Mr Satan is a very bad character. The entire plot had to be changed in order to suit him.
His only uses were to conceive Videl and even that wasn't very useful because Pam was useless.
Another use was to make the fat Buu like him enough so it could fight against Kid buu.

But what about the time when he persuaded the entire planet earth to lend Goku their energy just before kid buu was killed?
That could've been easily modified.

Mr Satan is a good for nothing hack who took credit for other people's work.
>>
>>133647472

>DBZ powers levels are determined by how much Ki you can harness
>How much Ki you can harness is determined by biology

There's a reason those transformations exist. The new bodies allow them to harness greater amounts of Ki.

Ten. is the strongest a human can get. The only transformation he could do is become an Android. And even then, he's not human anymore.
>>
>>133655662
True.
>>
>>133656792
there's so many characters way above 100ish
Including possibly chichi
>>
>>133655662
>His only uses
Sociopathy aside, you know some characters can still be fun beyond their usage, right? Pretty much every side character is 'useless', as they can never compete on the same level as Goku. But they're still fun to watch.

>Mr Satan is a good for nothing hack who took credit for other people's work.
This isn't a stunning revelation considering it's the most represented part of his character. It's what makes him charming.
>>
>>133654366
Martial arts never mattered, when Roshi trained them he just made them strong and thats it.
>>
>>133653625
Te---i---n.

Tein.
>>
>>133655662
>Mr Satan is a good for nothing hack who took credit for other people's work.
Thats the joke
>>
>>133650124
Cell would be a good anti villain.
>>
>>133661130
It does. Whis is strong because he mastered godlike martial techniques like pic related.
>>
>>133655662
0/10
>>
>>133662645
i would love if the z fighters just go to train with whiss and gets stronger all of the sudden, maybe more than goku and vegeta for a day until "muh infinite potential" happens.

i mean, why the fuck no?
>>
>>133647948
>Well DBZ fans grown up and are less stupid now
I think you're giving Dragonballfags too much credit.
>>
>>133647472
>Don't you think Tenshinhan is too much depowered in Dragon Ball ?
Yes!
>>
>>133647472

>Tien never learned Kaioken

Even though he stayed alone with Kaoi a few extra months.

This guy trains as stubbornly as Goku, and probably has more mental focus, so it wouldn't be far fetched.
>>
>>133664916
That only applies to /a/
>>
>>133655662
But he defeated cell.
>>
how come a senzu bean was enough to heal yamcha's hole in his chest against gero, but not goku?
>>
>>133647472
>>133647472
Hey, didn't Tenshinhan use a move during the budokai-thing that was like the kame-hameha, with the only downsides of being hard to master and "too dangerous"?
Why doesn't Son use it now?
>>
>>133655662
>and even that wasn't very useful because Pam was useless.

Your own fault for even takimg GT into consideration.
>>
At least Tien had himself a moment in DBZ. More than can be said about Yamcha.
>>
>>133670007
Yamcha beat Reccome on King Kai's planet and Olibu. Who cares if it was filler?

He also contributed to the defeat of Cell. Watching him shoot his energy waves at Cell with everyone else was great.
>>
>>133656792
He might have some hidden potential bullshit that could be unleashed. A shame Guru died and Dende is too incompetent to do that.
>>
File: 1436273349904.jpg (213 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1436273349904.jpg
213 KB, 1024x768
>>
Tien's a human? Pretty fucking gnarly looking human with three eyes and shit.
>>
>>133650124
I think is going to be:
Goku
Vegeta
Buu (going to job)
Gohan (going to be one-shoted)
Piccolo or satan

Toriyama hates gotenk so they are not going because of danger or homework
>>
>>133676073
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYNkIxHIuc4
>>
>>133669847
They never said Senzu Beans could cure illnesses.
>>
>>133669902
The Kikoho was originally so powerful, it'd kill the user after it's fired. And sense they now fight beings who move beyond light speed, he'd probably miss. Goku doesn't need another all or nothing attack like Kaioken.
>>
>>133677448
Again shows how terrible a writer Toriyama is. The move was supposed to pose a threat to the user's life, as demonstrated in the Saiyan saga when he uses it against Nappa and dies afterwards. Yet against Cell he fires 25 of them straight and is fine.
>>
>>133650124
>Are we going to get bullshit deus ex power ups for Gohan, Piccolo, and Gotenks or are we going to get a training arc?

Vegeta got to the level of God-ki absorbed Goku with 6 months of off-screen training with Whis. It seems like any character Toriyama wants can get a similar power up by doing the same.
>>
>>133677491
>Yet against Cell he fires 25 of them straight and is fine.
In the manga, he only uses 4 of them.

The Saiyan saga use of the Kikoho was pretty crappy anyway. Tenshinhan was clearly significantly above Raditz, level, considering how easily he beat a Saibaman, and the whole reason the Kikoho kills the user is because it's much stronger than other attacks, and yet Tenshinhan's kikoho there couldn't even kill Nappa, who had a power level of only around 6000. It seems like he killed himself for something that was about as weak as a Kamehameha at that point of the series, only multiplying his power 2x or so.
>>
>>133677648
Well Tien wasn't exactly at 100% when he fired it then.
>>
>>133672912
all filler, Yamcha is useless
>>
>>133677563
Yep, that's why I said maybe that's because of the popularity of some characters that Toriyama powers them up or throw them in the trash.
>>
>>133655662
mr satan is about the only thing that gave the boo saga any DB feeling
>>
They should just give all the human characters saiyan gene therapy, problem solved
>>
>>133647472
does anyone lese hate how toriyama set the rules in hiw world for him to make the make "twists" as easy as possible?

every relevant charakter can transform out the ass or is a god, death means nothing due to a plot device that can do about anything and if even the dragon balls dont work what does he do?
oh there's another set that's even more overpowered!

the only thing it really has going for itself are the relations between the charakters, gohan and piccolo most notably so.
>>
>>133680943
Why don't Vegeta and Goku go around impregnating a whole bunch of Earth women? We know that half saiyans are capable of reaching super saiyan and being really strong, so why not make a whole bunch of them in order to build up a defence force against alien threats. Goku and Vegata having just two kids each is fucking retarded.
>>
>>133681124

You have a point. I mean they could literally just teleport their semen into people's vaginas, right? It wouldn't even be rape in the traditional sense.
>>
>>133681124
because they love their wives
>>
>>133681199
But shouldn't they think more about what's in the best interest of the Earth? I'm sure Vegeta wouldn't have a problem fucking random babes. Bulma pretty much was one when he gave her Trunks. Could have done that to a bunch of them. Find some strong human females to fuck to give the kid every edge you can.
>>
>>133681254

>fucks some human bitch and leaves her
>she becomes a feminist
>a feminist half-saiyan capable of destroying the world is born

well, maybe it's better they keep that shit under control
>>
fucking hell, super is so fucking bad, it makes naruto looks good.
>>
>>133656792

Magic also exists. That's independent of biology... might be in the same realm as martial arts as something you can study, practice, and better than everyone else at.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.