[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Reifags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 197
File: 06476.png (69 KB, 231x235) Image search: [Google]
06476.png
69 KB, 231x235
>Reifags
>>
File: broken doll.png (229 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
broken doll.png
229 KB, 500x375
>>
>>133608670
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKqGw1ODD-E
>>
>>133608670
>watching rebuils
>2.22
>this insufferable red haired cunt bitch tries to take center stage
>only good for fanservice and pedo-pandering
>Usuka-fags

Smug_Misato.png
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 700x984) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 700x984
>2015
>not being a reifag
>>
File: Breh....jpg (37 KB, 383x363) Image search: [Google]
Breh....jpg
37 KB, 383x363
>>133608670
>Asukafags
>>
File: eva_2015_h8w_11_jt_13508s.jpg (57 KB, 580x400) Image search: [Google]
eva_2015_h8w_11_jt_13508s.jpg
57 KB, 580x400
Real talk:
Asuka vs Rei is a serious topic that deserves some attention if you're interested in how the fans think and act.

Looking at how things changed over the years, it's obvious Asuka and Rei are being remodeled to become more balanced in terms of popularity. This can be read as Rei being reduced because she's extremely popular, and Asuka being subtly changed to become more like Rei.

The "nami" surname Asuka now has might not be as random as one once thought.
Look at these figures and how Asuka is redesigned.

Bandages, eyepatches, and a spear of her own? Just like Rei?
>>
File: 1438910858318.png (146 KB, 500x513) Image search: [Google]
1438910858318.png
146 KB, 500x513
>>133609336
>>
File: figures.png (984 KB, 1102x1040) Image search: [Google]
figures.png
984 KB, 1102x1040
>>133609336
>>133609336
and it just keeps happening.

Asuka is now speculated - by Asuka fans no less - that she's now an Angel! Like Rei is, and it's super-popular among Asuka fans! Which is strange considering they all used to tout how Asuka was good because she was human and all that.

Are Asuka fans just tsundere because they know Rei has some killer aesthetics Asuka just doesn't have?

Wouldn't any self-respecting Asuka fan be apalled and not overjoyed like most are?
>>
>>133609336
The hell? The bandage and eye-patch were adapted straight from EoE, not some retcon BS.
>>
>>133609525
>>133609336
It's not the first time either. Asuka fans made Re-Take, which features Asuka becoming an Angel IIRC, and that's the holy grail of Asuka fandom.
>>
>>133609554
Reminder that for even EoE, which is post-NGE, Asuka had no eye patch nor any bandages. At that time, prior to EoE, Rei was the de facto girl in NGE that popularized the "bandaged" look along with the eyepatch.

Asuka has no bandages whatsoever in Rebuild.

But the more striking part is the Lance really. It's as if they had to give Asuka "her own lance" so that she could be matched up with Rei, and the bandage look only makes the connotations stronger.

You also didn't address the name-change.

Asuka is being changed little by little, abandoning Asuka and trying to make her more like Rei. They know Asuka's only shot at popularity is mimicking Rei and pandering hardcore to Asuka fans.
>>
>>133609554
Put it into google m8.

https://www.google.no/search?q=asuka+eye+patch&source=lnms&tbm=isch

Not a single shot from EoE.

Shikinami has completely supplanted the original Asuka. It's as if fans don't want to recognize the original's existence because it'd ruin their fantasy now.
>>
>>133608670
>red vs blue fags
>rebuildfags
>shikinamifags
You can all die in a fire together.
>>
>>133608670
Why are asukafags so butthurt these days
>>
>>133609791
Even putting "end of evangelion" in the query doesn't give any results.

Daym.
>>
>>133609554
>>133609698
>>133609791
>adapted
verb (used with object)
1. to make suitable to requirements or conditions; adjust or modify fittingly

Learn to read samefag. It's not as if the eye-patch was literally there, she had the eye damaged from the fight with the MP-Evas and had it patched up with medical grafts.

Granted, it was meant to mirror Rei's state in the first episode of NGE, but considering how Asuka mirrored characteristics of Yui as well by the end of EoE it's hardly the retcon you're making it out to be.
>>
>>133610192
Both are me, I was hitting up google to check. I'm not making it out to be a retcon, I'm making it to be a change in Asuka's character portrayal. One thing is hurting Asuka's eye and having an eyepatch for one scene, but to decisively add it and aggressively market it when no such thing has been done bfore is another.

The last part is just fanwank and it's not worth addressing. Let's address the facts first.

This little marketing change in combination with the other changes in marketing Asuka as well as new implications definitely add up to support the theory and conclusion I'm proposing.
>>
>>133609525
Why is the lance even associated with Aduka when Kaworu is the one who uses it in rebuild? Would make more sense to parallel him with Rei if anything. Asuka has zero relevance or reason to use it.
Hell 3.33's whole plot was about MUH LANCES and Asuka had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>133610059
shikinamifags
>>
>>133610363
Not arguing the point. I'm not a reifag or asukafag, just saying they were obviously taken from EoE (with the Rebuild films being the pseudo-sequel and all).

I don't deny that they're making Asuka take on characteristics from Rei in a more GAR way though, that much is obvious.
>>
>>133610375
It's pretty weird considering how Kaworu was the obvious mirror to Rei even in NGE and EoE. The promos having Asuka hold the lance were obviously a marketing tactic.
>>
>>133610375
Before 3.33, she was marketed as holding the lance.

The Lance is a symbol of power, it was popularized in NGE through Rei's use of it in the television series and the potency it held. That's why it's paired with Asuka, to leech of it's power and make Asuka seem interesting while in reality she's just a bare-bones nothing character as is in the current story.

For the same reason, Rei doesn't hold the lance any more in the story. It was taken from Rei and given to others.

>>133610441
>I don't deny that they're making Asuka take on characteristics from Rei in a more GAR way though, that much is obvious.
Okay.

But the new eyepatch thing doesn't truly hail from NGE as much as it comes from the idea that giving her an eyepatch will make her look cool, as it once did for Rei.
>>
Asuka will never be a compelling character like Rei.

Asuka is generic as it gets. Might as well just place her in a random harem anime.
>>
>>133610488
>>133610375
Kaworu is his own bag of problems by now. Much like Asuka he is also being very aggressively marketed and hoisted up in terms of relevance for these movies.

He too must be given a Lance and not only that, truly hax powers that needs to either outdo or mimic Rei in some way, if we count the time-travel stuff Rei did in the TV-series. (She appeared in Episode ONE of the series before Shinji).

>>133610585
Asuka is a compelling character in her own right, but obviously not enough if they're going this far to tip the scales of balance. As a character the "new" Asuka is worthless, but the pandering power and pairing of strong symbols with the character is enough to make old fans happy and garner new fans.
>>
I prefer Asuka but I like both girls. However, I'll never understand why Rei is so damn popular, what do you see in her anons, except for boobs?
I'm talking about NGE and EoE of course
>>
>>133610701
>i like rei but i don't see why she's so popular what do you guys see in her except for tits
what
>>
>>133610701
I'm a Soryufag too but I can see the appeal in Rei. Especially her character development was unique, because she was the only character that got better throughout the anime without hitting a low point first.
>>
>>133610701
Bigger question is, why don't you see anything more than that?
>>
>>133610769
Well, you know, if I was just looking for tits in anime I'd just watch hentai. In terms of personality and character development, and also phsically desu I prefer Asuka, not that Rei is a bad character.
>>
>>133610701
I liked Rei when I was younger, but growing up and watching NGE and EoE again, I became a Soryufag.

The Rebuild films can go burn in a fire though.
>>
I simply don't see the appeal in Asuka like literally in nothing. In looks, personality and being a better wife. What does Asuka do besides being a useless bitch who has mommy issues?
>>
>>133610840
I liked all characters when I was younger but when I got older and grew up, stabilized with a job, house and car, I had to accept that among the girl children, it really was just Rei I liked.
>>
>>133610841
I'm the same person as >>133610840

Honestly I don't think of it that way. I like her for the fucked up qualities of her character than her looks/personality/waifu status. In a series like Evangelion, that kind of stuff brings up the more fun imagery.
>>
>>133610701
Rei is a cool, competent and mysterious character with fucked up backstory. I can't say I care much for her tits.
>>
File: they are bolted to the floor.jpg (71 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
they are bolted to the floor.jpg
71 KB, 600x800
>>133610661
>>133610549
>>133610488
>>133610441
>>133610375
>>133610363
I summary can we agree that the Rebuild story is above all likelihood artificially strung together to make Anno's waifus more popular? I mean, the story doesn't make sense otherwise, and you can't go three movies and still have shallow characters like this.
>>
>>133610910

She is violent, needy, extremely insecure and an attention whore. If you find those qualities to be likeable then hey you are one of the few that do but most anons would probably start strangling her within an hour of being in the same room with her. Completely insufferable.
>>
>>133610999
Still the same anon. Nah I think she's bat-shit insane too, but visual storytelling-wise it brings up some of the more interesting imagery of the series.

Remove all that (like in the Rebuild films) and you get a pretty bland tsundere character.
>>
File: Shinji.png (210 KB, 488x324) Image search: [Google]
Shinji.png
210 KB, 488x324
>>133610997
Absolutely.
>>
>>133611090

I didn't watch the rebuild because I heard how totally inconsistent it is. I just watched the anime and EoE. Now to her credit I found her likable in the beginning and not so bad but near the end of the anime she was massive cunt who wouldn't care got killed by Shinji.

I might check out the rebuilds if the make her more likable.
>>
>>133610997
It's really weird when there's a myriad of traits he could give Asuka he chooses ones Rei is known for. The lance/ayy lmao/bandages
>>
>>133611145
Don't bother. Shikinami's only purpose is pandering. As a character, she is nothing more than a bland tsundere.
>>
>>133610997
Yes. That's also the reason why I will never watch them.
>>
>>133610999
Her insecure personality is one of the reasons why I like her.
In real life I don't know how I'd feel about someone like her, without knowing the background etc.
As a fictional character though, the contrast between her arrogance and insecureness, and in EoE her "redemption" during the final seconds are what made me like her.
>>
>>133611180
Well technically, he's given her more. Consider Asuka's new last name. Shikinami? Ayanami? NamiNami.

Then since when did Asuka sacrifice something she wanted for someone else? That's Rebuild 2.0, Asuka ends up taking up the pilot role so Rei can have her dinner party.
Rei's usually the one who sacrifices herself or her time for others.

Not only that, Asuka has become more professional, more concerned with getting things right instead of getting it her way. Getting things right no matter how tough it is was definitely Rei's trademark trait, the only one of the pilots who took the job seriously.
>>
>>133611317

What redemption at the end of Evangelion? You mean being alive and calling Shinji disgusting?
>>
>>133611322
While Asuka got some decent development out of Rebuild 2, I don't think it helped that Rei got the ending spotlight of that film alongside Shinji.
>>
>>133611317
My sentiments exactly.

>>133611361
Didn't help that Shinji was choking the fuck out of her. The fact that she even survived the LCL pool craze is a testament of her crazy strong will to live.
>>
>>133611405
By the time that happens, Asuka had already been rewritten into a nice person, as was the intent according to Anno and Tsurumaki.

Then we all know what happened to Rei being saved.
>>
>>133611361
You didn't see the caress? I wrote "redemption" with the quotes for a reason, too
>>
File: Asukabestgirl.png (2 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Asukabestgirl.png
2 MB, 1440x1080
>>133610840
Same here. Around a decade ago, I would've definitely said Rei. Over time, I grew to appreciate Asuka's character a lot more. Yeah, Rei has character development too and eventually becomes her own person, but she's nowhere near as rich as Asuka's personality. The difference between Asuka and most of the other tsuns that tried to copy her is that Asuka actually (eventually) plays it straight instead of making it just a point of comedy and slapping the MC every time he accidentally sees her panties. She's got a textbook Cluster B personality, and a large part of why she's a great character is because she portrays it so well.
>>
>>133611516
That image is blatantly wrong though. You're no different from a Shikinami-fag.
>>
>>133611453

I don't blame Shinji one bit. She was a massive cunt to him who constantly questioned his masculinity and so he showed her masculine he was by hurting her....that and to check if wasn't in instrumentality.

I still hate Asuke and think she is a shitty character but can say the end was decent end to her story.
>>
File: 1447525345496.png (148 KB, 438x453) Image search: [Google]
1447525345496.png
148 KB, 438x453
>>133611516
>but she's nowhere near as rich as Asuka's personality.
>>
File: 101061849_624.jpg (51 KB, 465x624) Image search: [Google]
101061849_624.jpg
51 KB, 465x624
>>133610997
>>
>>133611620
>>133611516
>>133611510
Asuka has no redemption and no real end to her story.

In NGE, she is just a psycho suicidal girl. You can't say she has a "crazy strong will to live" when she literally attempted suicide for the sake of not living any more, with no utilitarian gains whatsoever to be made from her death.

That's how her character in the show ended for all intents and purposes.

Then there's EoE, in which Asuka again, is completely passive from start to end except when she's given what she wants, when she's placated and coddled inside the EVA. There is no character development. There is no redemption, unless you count Shinji and Rei's instrumentality redeeming her from death, giving her a new chance at life presumably. Even then she just lies there just like she did in that bed when she got jerked off too.

Before you call me a hater, I'm not a hater. I'm just so tired. So goddamned tired of seeing Asukafags whitewashing Asuka claiming the efforts of other characters were her own.

I blame YOU for the existence of Shikinami and Rebuilds as they are. Because very clearly, you didn't like Asuka or NGE. You just liked a redhead sex-object and couldn't accept how the show actually ended for the character. That's why you ship extraneously, that's why Shikinami's good sides were so easy to accept.

That image for instance.

Asuka never comes to the realization herself that she's not as good as she thinks, that she's the problem, not until arguably instrumentality hits, at which point it is too late for the character because it's over already.

Asuka never says Rei reminds her of the doll her mother had, and as the more involved fan would know, Asuka is just projecting here.
If we were to make a real image comparing Shinji and Asuka, you Asukafags would cry. It would be so ugly, so demeaning to Asuka you'd cry for Shikinami. Because that's what NGE was for Asuka, the original, unfettered and untainted by shipping fantasies and delusion.
>>
>>133611827
As the one to say "crazy strong will to live" I was referring more to EoE where she accepts her fucked up-ness and just wants to survive (during the fight and after in the end). That's the entire point of her surviving the LCL poolfest (which is exactly what you're pointing at with Instrumentality happening).

The rest I agree with though.
>>
>>133611827

Anon you do know she was in a coma and couldn't wake up when Shinji was jerking off to her. She didn't just lie there consciously waiting for Shinji to get off.

And also I hated Asuka and think she is a shitty character though I admitted that her leaving instrumentality was a good end to her story. It showed her will to live was strong enough to possibly to possibly a new pathway in life.
>>
>>133611967
Same anon as >>133611964

That's what I meant by "crazy strong will to live" not the stuff that came before.
>>
>>133611964
>>133611967
>>133612031
Considering Shinji made it, considering everyone is to make it, the whole "crazy will to live" is just fanwank. Not only is it wholly unrealistic, but there's nothing strong about it that most other NERV members don't have in abundance.

It's also nonsense because Asuka attempted to kill herself and rejected life earlier, which means she does not have a crazy strong will to live.

>Anon you do know she was in a coma and couldn't wake up when Shinji was jerking off to her. She didn't just lie there consciously waiting for Shinji to get off.
That's the point. It's grim. It's not nice, it's not something she does for herself, she is just a passive object taking it being tossed here and there like a leaf in the wind, subject to powers she never will understand or be able to counter.
>>
>>133611827
Dude what's up with the butthurt?
>>
File: Reiisadoll.png (267 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Reiisadoll.png
267 KB, 500x375
>>133611827
I'm all for interpretation (even if you're wrong), but Asuka literally calls Rei a doll in the elevator seen. Searching for "Asuka calls Rei a doll" brings up at least three separate images where she refers to her as a puppet. To think that Asuka wouldn't draw a connection between her greatest childhood trauma and this is completely delusional and a significant lack of comprehension.
>>
>>133612072
I wouldn't say it's fanwank though given how Yui's exposition clearly mentions this and the first thing we see are Asuka and Shinji side by side. The rest of NERV coming back is even left to interpretation unlike with Shinji and Asuka.
>>
>>133612072

I disagree. Shinji made it because he had too look at himself through strong introspection and examine the 3 most important people in his life at the time. He literally reconstructed his character to leave instrumentality and become an individual again with an A.T field.

To think every single person could do that is ludicrous. Who is say they enjoy they don't just enjoy the fantasy land of instrumentality and live there until the end of time?

Asuka finally came to realization that her mother was there with her and that her being rash enough to kill herself was short sighted. She understood that her showing weakness and needing help shouldn't be the end of the world. Hence why she let Shinji choke her and then she caresses him to show her affection.
>>
Real talk:

Waifuing Rei or Asuka is stupid. They're both psychologically broken. They live weeks away from a biblical apocalypse. Nothing you could do would change these outcomes.
>>
>>133612101
I'm just tired of people pretending.

>>133612110
I know she calls her a doll, but she doesn't say what the image suggests. You're also forgetting that Asuka has the inner fear of being a doll herself. She projects her own weakness onto others as a defense mechanism and attempts to mock them for it. It doesn't work with Rei so she has to get violent with her, and even that is shrugged off.

In the end it's more than clear Asuka is a doll moreso than both Rei and Shinji.

>>133612181
They say everyone is able to come back, and before we see Asuka, we see people popping up from the "tang" in the form of floating bodies. It's not left to interpretation when it comes to other people coming back, but you're only shown Shinji and Asuka + God Rei in the end. Possibly as a Devil Man reference and also because showing everyone coming back happy would ruin the mood of the movie completely.
>>
>>133612248
Stop disagreeing right now, because this:
>To think every single person could do that is ludicrous.
Is stated twice by both Rei and Yui that yes, literally, they can.

also this:
>Asuka finally came to realization that her mother was there with her
is wrong. She doesn't "come" to any realization. Her mother literally presents herself before her. She doesn't realize anything, it's a fact she didn't figure out for herself. Something given, not worked for.

Anything Asuka may have understood or not understood is pure fanwank. There is no moment for Asuka where she says she understands those things, it's all fanwank based on how Asuka caressed Shinji in the end, which can be interpreted in a multitude of ways.

So stop pretending Asuka is someone she isn't.

You're not free to disagree here unless you actually admit you're ignoring the canon, because in NGE Asuka hardly realized anything beyond what the help told her outright.
>>
File: Asuka shme..jpg (155 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Asuka shme..jpg
155 KB, 1080x720
>>133608842
>>
>>133612263
>I know she calls her a doll, but she doesn't say what the image suggests.

So, you know she calls her a doll, and there's only one other SUPER important instance of dolls in her life, but we don't REALLY know what it could be referring to here...right

>You're also forgetting that Asuka has the inner fear of being a doll herself. She projects her own weakness onto others as a defense mechanism and attempts to mock them for it.

Yes, part of her character is that she really wants to be an adult. She doesn't want to be a doll like...wait...wait...she doesn't want to be a doll like her mother had! How can you even claim your first point when you literally contradict it in your second?

>It doesn't work with Rei so she has to get violent with her, and even that is shrugged off.

Okay.

In the end it's more than clear Asuka is a doll moreso than both Rei and Shinji.

>They all serve Nerv for different reasons, but they all do what they're told.
>>
>>133612366

You little fool. Yes statistically they can do but that doesn't mean they will do it. Remember that instrumentality is just a fairy tail and isn't real but the people are so into the particularly dream that outside thoughts of going back to Earth is really not an option in their minds. Take Gendo. He could leave instrumentality and help rebuild world from the 3rd impact or stay in instrumentality with Yui living a life that he had always wanted.

>She doesn't "come" to any realization
Wrong. Her mother's soul is inside the eva and it awakened but the moment it showed it her was when she realized that her mother was always there. You don't have to figure anything out to realize something.

>Anything Asuka may have understood or not understood is pure fanwank. There is no moment for Asuka where she says she understands those things, it's all fanwank based on how Asuka caressed Shinji in the end, which can be interpreted in a multitude of ways.

Utter drivel and hate for Asuka.

>So stop pretending Asuka is someone she isn't.
All I said was Asuka will to be an individual superseded the bliss of instrumentality. The deeply shattered character that she is needs to fight the world head on instead of delving into fantasy.
>>
>>133612509
>So, you know she calls her a doll, and there's only one other SUPER important instance of dolls in her life, but we don't REALLY know what it could be referring to here...right
Your point being? My point is that she never says what the image says she does. It's not even paraphrasing but adding too much third party bias.

>She doesn't want to be a doll like...wait...wait...she doesn't want to be a doll like her mother had! How can you even claim your first point when you literally contradict it in your second?
Because my point isn't what you think it is. See above.

>They all serve Nerv for different reasons, but they all do what they're told.
No, they don't. Some rebel and others don't attach their entire existence or reason for existence to serve. Asuka can't do anything but serve, literally. If she loses her servitude, she also tries to end her life.

She is only ever reinvigorated when she is able to fight again, again like a NERV's dog being let loose. Shinji, Rei, Misato, all have their own identities that doesn't have a third-party central pillar.

Therefore, Asuka is the only one without a real personality or identity and therefore, a doll.
>>
>>133612263
I am this anon
>>133611317
>>133611510
>>133612101
I don't agree with everything you've written but I respect your opinion. Evangelion is not easy to interpret and for a lot of things everyone just came to their own conclusion.
However, I don' get your point: the debate over which one is the best waifu, thus the most amazing person ever not just physically is just sad, but why are you excluding the possibility that we may like Asuka not because we want to fuck her but for other reasons? Even her flaws, maybe?
Saying that Asukafags are defending her justbecause they see her as a sex-interest is just as stupid as saying that Reifags only like Rei because she "does everything she's told", so she's the perfect fuck doll.
>>
File: 1444195277254.jpg (79 KB, 777x656) Image search: [Google]
1444195277254.jpg
79 KB, 777x656
>>133611657
>Rei
>personality
>>
>>133612674
Pretty much this. I like her for the screwed up qualities of her character (it makes for fun storytelling) not for shitty waifu reasons.
>>
>>133612613
>You little fool. Yes statistically they can do but that doesn't mean they will do it.
See picture related. People popping back.

The only statistical improbability here is that only Asuka and Shinji out of presumably three BILLION people being the only ones that come back.

>Wrong. Her mother's soul is inside the eva and it awakened but the moment it showed it her was when she realized that her mother was always there. You don't have to figure anything out to realize something.
No, I'm right. Asuka never figured it out herself. She was given the answer. It's not at the "moment", it's after. It's EVA02 that makes it possible, not Asuka.

>You don't have to figure anything out to realize something.
If you're selling it as if it was Asuka's own doing, then yes. It's like saying some guy realized the answer to a hard mathetmatical question when he was literally told the answer by someone else.

>Utter drivel and hate for Asuka.
Prove it. It's not hate, it's objective and honest appreciation for the character. You must hate Asuka if you don't even want to acknowledge she exists.

>All I said was Asuka will to be an individual superseded the bliss of instrumentality. The deeply shattered character that she is needs to fight the world head on instead of delving into fantasy.
What I'm saying is that it doesn't require as much will as you suggest at all to do so, and isn't at all proof of some substantial will to live.

The real test came in real life, not aided by fantasy. Like it or not, it's the fantasy that saved Asuka not any real part of her as a human being.

The point is that you don't accept what the real Asuka is and have deluded yourself into accepting some non-canon, moe version of the character that doesn't exist when we bring up NGE.
>>
>>133612814
Different anon here. but that pic was anything but literal in its depiction. The most literal thing that happened in the end was Asuka and Shinji coming back with dead!Rei in the background.
>>
>>133612674
>why are you excluding the possibility that we may like Asuka not because we want to fuck her but for other reasons? Even her flaws, maybe?
Simple.

If that was true, if >>133612776 was being honest, then they would not deny Asuka's flaws like in this thread. Instead all of you seem to pretend she's someone else, someone substantially stronger than the Asuka that broke and tried to kill herself, and that it was somehow all her doing that she was able to live in the end.

>Saying that Asukafags are defending her justbecause they see her as a sex-interest is just as stupid as saying that Reifags only like Rei because she "does everything she's told", so she's the perfect fuck doll.
It's not, for a good reason:

Objectively, Rei doesn't do what she's told on more than one occasion.
Objectively, an Asuakfag can still just see Asuka as a sex-object.

However, I'm not saying that, so there was no point to bring it up.
>>
File: 21920.gif (451 KB, 544x384) Image search: [Google]
21920.gif
451 KB, 544x384
>waifu wars

Why can't we just get along?
>>
File: 1447535579414.jpg (52 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1447535579414.jpg
52 KB, 640x640
>you will never be as mad as a Reifag
>>
>>133612891
Different Anon me all you want, there's nothing that says it isn't literal or indicative that other people are coming back. This is especially made the case when both Yui and Rei explain that anyone can come back, and there's nothing to worry about.

Don't ignore that it is a statistical improbability that among three billion, some with far more will to live demonstrated than Asuka, that they'd be the only ones to return.

Don't forget either that the "Asukafag Interpretation" is more or less rape of Evangelion to their own ends, because you are inherently dooming every other human character to have Shinji and Asuka alone as part of a destructive fantasy.
>>
This isn't "third-party bias." It's literally the intended message for the viewer. Episode 22. We see the whole thing with Asuka's mother and the doll not even FIFTEEN MINUTES before the elevator seen. It's intentionally put there so you can make that connection. I don't know what else to tell you.
>>
>>133613071
>>133612633
>>
File: 1389758314944.jpg (76 KB, 432x600) Image search: [Google]
1389758314944.jpg
76 KB, 432x600
>>133613008
No one with any sense would want to be a Reifag.
>>
>>133608904
How mad do you have to be to do this
>>
>>133613071
>>133613111
Again you seem to miss the point. Asuka does have doll-complex because she herself IS a doll. She is not just merely observing her mothers doll and being traumatized, unless you forget there are people around her CALLING her a doll. In that same episode, episode 22, we see a flash of Asuka's mind saying "I dont want to be a doll", when her fears are highlighted.

To repaste my point, which you will find is entirely accurate:
My point is that she never says what the image says she does. It's not even paraphrasing but adding too much third party bias.

You are making a biased connection here, ignoring the rest of the imagery for the one that suits you the most but also contradicts the characters, and that's why I can show you're wrong here.

This is why I have trouble believing people like Asuka when they say they're Asuka fans. Because 99% of the time, they don't' acknowledge simple things about the character like this.
>>
File: f5622805.jpg (146 KB, 800x568) Image search: [Google]
f5622805.jpg
146 KB, 800x568
>>133612961
20 years and this shit is still going on. Besides, Unit 01 is the real Best Girl.
>>
>>133613052
What's with the zero-sum argument? No one said that no one else could come back. That's why the specifics of who is able to come back is left to interpretation, save for again, Shinji and Asuka. Don't disregard the fact that it could have been anyone else with Shinji there either, saying that it "just looks better to have two that way" is complete ignorance at this point.
>>
>>133613254
You mean the unit that was replaced by EVA13 in 3.0 and nobody even cared?

At least people hated the shit out of Rei Q and threw a massive fuzz.
>>
>>133612814

That picture is incorrect. Shinji and Asuka are the only people at EoE to return back. No one else was shown. Look is reasonable to presume that eventually everyone will return to the way they were prior to the events of 3rd Impact and The HMI but on the other hand - there is no proof that everyone will return. So we stay at a stalemate because neither side has evidence to back up their claim.

>No, I'm right. Asuka never figured it out herself. She was given the answer. It's not at the "moment", it's after. It's EVA02 that makes it possible, not Asuka.

Incorrect. Asuka realized that her mother was with her after her mother revealed herself to her. She didn't figure it out because her mother's soul never awakened before that particular point.

>If you're selling it as if it was Asuka's own doing, then yes. It's like saying some guy realized the answer to a hard mathetmatical question when he was literally told the answer by someone else.
Take the Uncontacted people who live in the amazon. Say one of them finds clock on the ground by the film crew. Now that man does know what it is or figured out what is the use of the contraption but he does realize it is technology for superior to anything he has ever seen before. One does not need to know to figure out a conclusion.

>Prove it. It's not hate, it's objective and honest appreciation for the character. You must hate Asuka if you don't even want to acknowledge she exists.
You made the claim that is fanwank not me, the onus is on you to prove it. I just called your notion nonsense on my subjective opinion.

>What I'm saying is that it doesn't require as much will as you suggest at all to do so, and isn't at all proof of some substantial will to live.
There is no proof that anyone else besides those two rejecting instrumentality. Unless the director of the movie spills information some sort addendum on the events that transcribed after EoE, you have nothing but speculation.
>>
File: besteva.png (256 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
besteva.png
256 KB, 500x375
>non-kaworufags
>>
>>133612920
I'm anon >>133612776

I don't deny that Asuka needed help to get on the path she took by the end of EoE. That said, what I do like about her character is how she presents herself as this perfect person whereas underneath the exterior is a pretty fucked up individual. The storytelling that came along with depicting that were some of the best in the series hence why she became my "favorite".

Nothing about Asuka being objectively the better "person", I liked her character more for what she brought into the series.
>>
>>133613277
It's not ignorance nor is it a strawman. It's merely showing the fact that yes, indeed anyone can come back, and people do come back, and so extrapolating a lot of development based on a purely off-screen blank is just that, fanwank.

It is equally acceptable, and this is the truth, to say that Asuka came out simply because nobody else wanted her in there since she was such a bitch.

That's the downside of not actually having any character development, it doesn't carry much depth and ultimately only truly sticks for obsessive fans who want to self-insert or fanwank excessively.
>>
>>133612961
No one with good taste would hate either Rei or Asuka anyway, not even if one of them is their waifu.
This is implying complete disregard for anything rebuild of course. The rebuilds deserve to burn.
>>
>>133613238
I'm not claiming that Asuka isn't afraid of being a doll. I never have been.

I'm claiming that she dislikes Rei because she perceives Rei as a doll, yet everyone seemingly loves Rei (in Asuka's mind). Everyone loves the "Rei doll" (in Asuka's mind) just like her mother loved the "Asuka doll," and Asuka can't stand that. There are no contradictions here. You keep claiming I'm wrong about things I haven't even said. You're the one missing the point.
>>
>>133613394
>extrapolating a lot of development based on a purely off-screen blank is just that, fanwank
>It is equally acceptable, and this is the truth
>my opinion is truth, yours is fanwank
Anon please
>>
>>133613373
>That picture is incorrect.
That picture is a screengrab from EoE. You are incorrect.

>Asuka realized that her mother was with her after her mother revealed herself to her. She didn't figure it out because her mother's soul never awakened before that particular point.
In other words, just like I said, you cannot attribute the merit of said realization to Asuka. Not when she is literally fed the information just for her to mindlessly regurgitate, and that's why you are incorrect and my point is as ever, completely accurate.

>Take the Uncontacted people who live in the amazon. Say one of them finds clock on the ground by the film crew. Now that man does know what it is or figured out what is the use of the contraption but he does realize it is technology for superior to anything he has ever seen before. One does not need to know to figure out a conclusion.
Like your analogy shows perhaps unintentionally, the conclusion being made is obviously not the full truth or an actual understanding. Asuka does not chance upon anything but is literally shown the answer, the adaptation of your analogy would be if the clock itself told the man who found it what it was.

>You made the claim that is fanwank not me, the onus is on you to prove it.
You made the fanwank in the first place, and I called it out as such. The onus is on you to prove it on not only that basis, but the basis that I did actually prove you were fanwanking in my post.
Which you dismissed as "drivel and hate", which is actually what I'm asking you to prove here. The onus is on YOU for both.

>There is no proof that anyone else besides those two rejecting instrumentality
The picture related, and the point I was making was not that anyone in particular did or would, but that the requirements for doing so are not as steep as you imply it is.

It cannot be used to lend credit to your theory.
>>
>>133613378
In that regard you're more like me, but I know for a fact that it's easier to say, but harder to live out. Like I said, nothing you say here acknowledges directly the flaws of Asuka.
In fact, saying that you like someone despite their flaws is just construed as self-glorification, much like Kaworufags glorify Kaworu for liking Shinji despite "his flaws".

>>133613552
>I'm claiming that she dislikes Rei because she perceives Rei as a doll, yet everyone seemingly loves Rei (in Asuka's mind).
I'm claiming that's fanwank, not everyone seemingly loves Rei and Asuka certainly doesn't have a single thought in her head that confirms that either. Certainly not everyone as you think.
If anything this is just classic Asuka fan insecurity being projected onto the abandoned Asuka's character because Rei is just so much more popular.

But that tangent aside, it's projection, it's shoving her own flaws onto others as she usually does. She wants to believe Rei is the doll, that she's the weak one, not her. So she projects, much like many Asuka fans do.
>>
>>133613375
tumblr
>>
>>133613592

>That picture is a screengrab from EoE. You are incorrect.
I know where the picture is from, I am saying your use of the picture for your argument is incorrect.

>In other words, just like I said, you cannot attribute the merit of said realization to Asuka. Not when she is literally fed the information just for her to mindlessly regurgitate, and that's why you are incorrect and my point is as ever, completely accurate.
We are just looping the argument over and again without gaining anything at all. I won't pursue it any further because of your ignorance.

>Like your analogy shows perhaps unintentionally, the conclusion being made is obviously not the full truth or an actual understanding. Asuka does not chance upon anything but is literally shown the answer, the adaptation of your analogy would be if the clock itself told the man who found it what it was.
Look up the word "realization" in the dictionary and come back to me.

>You made the fanwank in the first place, and I called it out as such. The onus is on you to prove it on not only that basis, but the basis that I did actually prove you were fanwanking in my post.
Which you dismissed as "drivel and hate", which is actually what I'm asking you to prove here. The onus is on YOU for both.
Reread the discussion and once again comeback once again.

>There is no proof that anyone else besides those two rejecting instrumentality
The picture confirmed nothing at all. The only people who reject HIP are Asuka and Shinji. No other human survivors on that Earth were shown. If there were survivors I am sure a small sequence of events would have ben shown just to ease our suspicions.
>>
>>133613567
Not what I said, fortunately. I did not say it was the truth. Obviously that was a somewhat humoristic but still equally alternate interpretation.

That's the problem by not making a solid claim, and leaving things open to interpretation, there's no one true story here and when everything is as loose at it is, everything can be true at the same time. Rebuild is like this with it's 14-year long blank. People can insert whatever they want into that and so get lost in the delusion.

It's a sad, sad thing that the supposedly anti-escapist ending of Evangelion actually relies on the obsessive escapism of the viewer to be understood.
>>
>>133613762
>I know where the picture is from, I am saying your use of the picture for your argument is incorrect.
With no argumentation. Hence you are still incorrect.

I have given my argumentation, earlier, still unrefuted by you. That makes me correct. Your refusal to pursue it futher is just a stubborn refusal to admit you're wrong.

>Look up the word "realization" in the dictionary and come back to me.
Make an actual argument and then come back to me. More than a simple definition of a word, much more than semantics, we are considering this with the context of a claim, that somehow Asuka's realization is her own doing and to her credit only, which I have and even more moderate/non-insane Asuka fans are forced to agree with, that it clearly isn't.

>Reread the discussion and once again comeback once again.
This is getting old. Still waiting for you to provide anything but evasion.

>The picture confirmed nothing at all. The only people who reject HIP are Asuka and Shinji. No other human survivors on that Earth were shown. If there were survivors I am sure a small sequence of events would have ben shown just to ease our suspicions.
We are delivered a picture of people popping back from the tang. There it is.

We're being told not only once, but twice, that there is "nothing to worry about" because everyone will come back.

We know for a fact, being (hopefully) rational human beings, that it's statistically improbable that out of three billion, only two make it out even in just a short period of time. In terms of probability it's actually more likely that both were given a free pass out considering their problems.
>>
>>133613701

Here. Let me disprove you again. I specifically said "in Asuka's mind" because I'm NOT saying everyone loves Rei. This alone shows how much comprehension you lack. I'm saying Asuka thinks everyone loves Rei. How do you know I'm saying Asuka thinks everyone loves Rei? Because it's actually what I said. No. Really. I said Asuka thinks everyone loves Rei. I said it three times. 1. perceives. 2. (in asuka's mind) 3. (in asuka's mind).

Asuka always refers to Rei as "wonder girl" sarcastically, and this shows her belief that Asuka thinks everyone thinks Rei is great. Why is this so hard for you?
>>
>>133613701
>In that regard you're more like me, but I know for a fact that it's easier to say, but harder to live out. Like I said, nothing you say here acknowledges directly the flaws of Asuka.
In fact, saying that you like someone despite their flaws is just construed as self-glorification, much like Kaworufags glorify Kaworu for liking Shinji despite "his flaws".

Same anon you're referring to here. What's with the strawman? Now you're able to read my mind too? Get your head out of your ass.

I said I liked what she brought into the series narrative-wise, from a critical writing and story perspective. By default, it made her my "favorite character".

It's the same way I can enjoy Ramiel because of the kind of weird imagery it brought on, despite its low-budget presentation. Hell if I'm being literal with my complete and utter favoritism then I'd say the MP-Evas are my favorite characters, but then the conversation wouldn't be as interesting now would it?
>>
>>133613916
>>133613762
We can safely assume that by far not all, but more than just two people returned from instrumentality. SEELE would never return, they more or less got what they wanted, but if Shinji and Asuka can return after all they have been through, more people will manage since literally all you need is a positive enough view of life.
>>
>>133613966
>Here. Let me disprove you again. I specifically said "in Asuka's mind"
You clearly missed the part where it was made clear that was your own fanwank. The mention of the others is made by me to show how improbable your fanwank is to be true.

You are the one who lacks comprehension. It's only "wonder girl" in the dub, and it's a reference to Rei's diligence not her popularity, which by the way is largely trumped by Asuka's who gets tons of love letters while Rei is largely ignored.

See how zany your fanwank is? If Asuka had thought, or said that "oh everyone loves Rei", the way she sarcastically says it for Shinji, you'd have a point. But she never does that, and she never thinks that.

That's why you're wrong anon.
>>
>>133613966
Not the anon you have been talking to so far.
Asuka doesn't care how other people are viewed, she is just worried she isn't received as perfect.
Rei and Shinji basically challenge her view of herself. She doesn't fear that everyone loves Rei, she fears that not everyone loves her.
>>
File: rei-asuka.jpg (38 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
rei-asuka.jpg
38 KB, 780x585
Do niggers prefer Rei or Asuka?
>>
File: holyshit.gif (960 KB, 472x322) Image search: [Google]
holyshit.gif
960 KB, 472x322
Kill this thread.
>>
>>133613970
>Same anon you're referring to here. What's with the strawman? Now you're able to read my mind too? Get your head out of your ass.
I didn't mean it to apply to you specifically, it was in general and I also by the way - say I could figure it applies for myself also. It's a regular thing to observe in people, even yourself if you're vigilant.
I'm just discussing the concept, which is applicable and valid in this case.

The only thing I say about you that by the way, is completely true, is that nothing you say actually involves Asuka's flaws directly. That's a red blinking warning lamp.
It's generalized into wordings like "i like what she brought to the series", or that she's put up facade.

How often do you hear an Asuka fan say that she likes her because she tried to kill herself because she has no real identity of her own? That's the flaw, and most seem to pretend it never happened.
How often do you hear an Asuka fan say that he likes her because she couldn't pilot her EVA or control herself, so that when Rei needed her against Armisael, she wasn't there for her? That's a flaw, and sadly most Asukafans are happy about that one.

That's when we cross into the territory of pity and obsessive fandom rather than admiration for a character "because" of the flaws.
>>
File: in 20 years my son will ask.png (198 KB, 590x369) Image search: [Google]
in 20 years my son will ask.png
198 KB, 590x369
>>133608944
>You fought in the waifu wars?
>>
File: Assuka has no ass.png (79 KB, 265x217) Image search: [Google]
Assuka has no ass.png
79 KB, 265x217
Why do Asukafags always say Asuka has a big ass when she is as flat as a washboard in both the Anime and Rebuild?
They literally have to fanwank reasons to like her.
>>
File: implacable smug rei.jpg (35 KB, 480x500) Image search: [Google]
implacable smug rei.jpg
35 KB, 480x500
GOVERNMENT BACKED WAIFU
>>
>>133614329
>shikinami
get that thing away from me
>>
>>133614068
It seems like we're going in circles, so I won't repeat myself. You're too deluded to see that you're the one with "fanwank" and ironically projecting your own fantasies. I can only take comfort knowing that if you search for ANY type of exhaustive analysis of Eva that your opinion is not only a minority one, it's unique to you. If I'm wrong about the elevator scene, then so is everyone else besides you. You're far beyond help, and the sad thing is that you think you're right. You can have the last word and gloat if you like, or you can give it to me to prove you're an adult. Like Asuka.

>>133614076
Asuka ultimately cares about how others view her, yes. She worries that not everyone thinks she's perfect more than anything else. But disliking Rei for acting like a doll while Rei gets adoration and Asuka's fear of being that doll are not mutually exclusive. Asuka is trying to be an adult as hard as she can. She's upset that everyone seems to love Rei for being NOT an adult, but a doll. If people love Rei for being a doll then it invalidates her own attempts at being loved as an adult.
>>
File: 1336944289067.jpg (9 KB, 248x233) Image search: [Google]
1336944289067.jpg
9 KB, 248x233
>>133614347
Asuka is actually smug in canon.

Asuka > Rei.
>>
I just wish Rei and Asukafags could get along with each other just like Rei and Asuka would after EoE.
Let's just hate and focus on the obvious problem here, the shit that is the rebuilds.
>>
>>133614690
Not even the smuggest in the show
>>
File: 1325773930770.jpg (19 KB, 200x174) Image search: [Google]
1325773930770.jpg
19 KB, 200x174
Why do Asuka fans define themselves by conflict with Rei fans?

Is the form of their mind defined by the boundaries of others?
>>
>>133614690
Is that thing supposed to be a girl?
It looks like a frog with really hairy eyebrows.
>>
>>133614620
HAHAHA oh wow. Fantastic, you got blown the hell out and now you're seriously going with an ad populum argument? I don't even have to do this because it's so easy to pick on, but the majority of the world is disease ridden and poor, half of india shits in the open, and they're "right" because they're a majority?

You're not even right, you're just too used to your own safe clique of deluded Asuka fans.

Get real, when you can't defend yourself any more you just chimp out. I'm really disappointed. All you had to do was to use the source material (NGE) to defend yourself, and you couldn't do that.

Try again.
>>
>>133614225
What about you then, anon? Who do YOU like in Evangelion?
>>
>>133614701
Every fucking time.
>>
>>133614831
Pic related
but rei the most
>>
>>133614920
>>133614831
eh, file too large.

Just imagine the guy from leon the professional screaming, you know the one.
>>
File: 1443024746195.jpg (28 KB, 440x600) Image search: [Google]
1443024746195.jpg
28 KB, 440x600
Which Evagirl would make the best lazy NEET gf?
>>
>>133614620
You've got to see yourself beat man. Asuka never goes around thinking everyone loves Rei, and why would she really? She gets tons of love letters at school and is popular, Rei gets nothing.

Face if, if she actually thought that then she'd voice it clearly like she does when she aggressively complains about everyone loving "Hero Shinji". Man Rei has the worst synch ratio even, you just a cray cray dum ass ka fag. A cyka fag even.
>>
File: 67764046.png (305 KB, 443x661) Image search: [Google]
67764046.png
305 KB, 443x661
Reminder to play this on repeat every time you enter an Evangelion thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vy0dY-bfcI
>>
>>133614991
Why do Reifags and Asukafags even fight? Clearly they're not expanding their horizons. This right here is what it's all meant for.
>>
>>133614991
Rei? More like GAY!
>>
File: reiface.jpg (56 KB, 290x315) Image search: [Google]
reiface.jpg
56 KB, 290x315
>>133615284
>expecting a girl with 8000 sisters not to be a lesbian
This was your first mistake.

Honestly, I don't know why Rei bothers with anyone when all her needs can be met by her clone army.
>>
File: 1447714562919.gif (1 MB, 580x433) Image search: [Google]
1447714562919.gif
1 MB, 580x433
>3.0
>>
>>133615404
Mari wants to fuck her
>>
File: 0025.jpg (46 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
0025.jpg
46 KB, 1024x768
>>133615576
>mfw 4.0 destroys every character in the worst possible way as anno takes out his impotent manbaby rage
>>
>>133615631
Well, Mari wants to fuck Shinji, Rei and Asuka so...
>>
Give me positive traits that make Rei a good character.

Give me positive traits that make Asuka a good character.

Good luck anons.
>>
File: 1438914712697.jpg (103 KB, 900x736) Image search: [Google]
1438914712697.jpg
103 KB, 900x736
>>133615689
>Give me positive traits that make Rei a good character.
I want to fuck Rei.
>Give me positive traits that make Asuka a good character.
I want to fuck Asuka.
>>
>>133615689
>Rei
Strong character arc that leaves an impact on the viewer that ties in thematically and plotwise with the story in great harmony
Challenges the viewers conception of what emotions are, what role an expression plays and questions what at all makes a person be what it is

>Asuka
Good foil to the MC
Serves as a warning example for the viewer about what self delusion and refusal to accept or challenge reality does
also
>27
wow
>>
>>133615676
Mari is a lesbian who only wants to fuck Yui and characters that look similar to Yui
>>
>>133615689
Rei is a feminist character

Asuka is a feminist character

Evangelion is a show for feminists and is about feminism. You silly boys would never understand its complexity.
>>
File: 1446391543538.jpg (215 KB, 769x1038) Image search: [Google]
1446391543538.jpg
215 KB, 769x1038
>>133615576
>rebuild
>>
>>133615931
I get Rei, but.... Asuka?

How is showing that women are insecure bitches that need to be saved from themselves feminist?
>>
File: 1375504550616.jpg (77 KB, 394x600) Image search: [Google]
1375504550616.jpg
77 KB, 394x600
>>133615689
>cute
>genetically engineered to be as attractive as possible
>has natural blue hair inherited from the gods
>everyone, even shinji, knows she is wife material
>has the strongest AT Field
>can fly
>can teleport
>can pilot any lilith-based eva
>humble
>loyal and selfless
>keeps killing herself so she can get a new tight pussy
>survives off canned food and ramen
>will literally orgasm the first time she is forcefed a burger
>she is made of goo so you can stick your hands in her
>can bio-contaminate you so little reis take over your body
>can start the apocalypse when she wants
>premium waifu
>>
>>133615985
She has her period and that is an accurate portrayal of womayn and therefore feminist.
>>
>>133614750
>this projecting
>>
>>133616042
even though proclaiming asuka feminst would literally ideological suicide?
>>
>>133615995
>everyone, even shinji, knows she is wife material
This is true, she even made Kaworu go straight for a couple minutes.
>>
>>133615995
all shit
>>
File: 1379397540612.jpg (120 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1379397540612.jpg
120 KB, 500x500
>>133616113
The only thing shit is your taste.
>>
>>133616087
Asuka is presented as a flawed woman who has her ups and downs, she is a feminist character because she is not an idealized symbol that women should be absolutely perfect and flawless and presents them in a realistic matter when she breaks down.
This is why feminists love her, because they can relate to her.
>>
>>133615931
Asuka is a shitty weak and hopeless doll. Anyone who thinks she's a strong character or a good role model is a lunatic.
>>
File: 1442989148119.gif (183 KB, 470x448) Image search: [Google]
1442989148119.gif
183 KB, 470x448
>>133616104
>tfw both Kaworu and Shinji fuccbois became one with you're waifu but you'll never even get to touch her
It hurts bros
>>
File: kickinaglass.png (63 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
kickinaglass.png
63 KB, 500x500
>>133616207
>feminists think a suicidal child soldier alien is an idealized woman
top lel
>>
>>133616275
>>133616309
Feminists just like female characters that are presented with complexity and more than just two-dimensional fapbait; therefore they both like Rei and Asuka.
But I guess they would like Misato the most.
>>
>>133616207
I've seen far more feminists praise Rei than Asuka, unless you count twitter-feminists.
>>
>>133616358
>asuka
>complex
>asuka
>not canonically fap bait
>>
If Rei isn't shit, why do Reifags have to resort to mental gymnastics and shitting on other characters to desperately prove it?
>>
>>133616358
Nah misato the worst because she kissed an underage kid
>>
>>133616358
Yeah I'd say Misato the most, actually.
>>
>>133616381
That's interesting, because I've seen the opposite.

>>133616395
You don't think Asuka is complex and a three-dimensional character? Why not?
>>
>>133616381
I think fedorafags like Rei more.
>>
>>133616491
Feminists only see that as further proving her complexity.
>>
>>133616585
>>133616472
/thread

Just look at the amount of Rei worship here. Reifags are just as bad as Asukafags when you get right down to it.
>>
File: rei6342.jpg (94 KB, 636x892) Image search: [Google]
rei6342.jpg
94 KB, 636x892
>>133616472
>all this projection
>>
File: 1399950147899.jpg (191 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1399950147899.jpg
191 KB, 1024x683
>>133616472
Reifags are way more insecure then what they accuse Asukafags of being.
>>
>>133616681
You would know.
>>
File: 52273176_p11.png (702 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
52273176_p11.png
702 KB, 1000x562
>>133616623
The only good fags are Misatofags and Shinjifags
>>
>>133616623
Reifags are by no means as bad as Asukafags.

They're worse.
>>
>>133616696
If this thread is anything to go by, then I'm more than inclined to agree.
>>
>>133612458
The nose ring completely ruins it.
>>
>>133616722
>Shinjifags
>not insufferable
>>
>>133616623
>>133616696
>>133616728
>>133616742
>no new IP's
>just the same butthurt Asuakfags

Not impressed.
>>
>>133616921
>no new IP's

And?
>>
>>133616921
Well yeah, why would new posters jump into the conversation blindly.
>>
>>133616472
They don't have to, they know she's better and so does everyone else.

But putting Asukafags in their place is an /a/ tradition.
>>
>>133616921
>accusing samefagging when anons have clearly differing opinions

I'm literally 2 out of 4 anons you pointed out there. Try harder.
>>
>>133616947
>>133616962
>>133617003
The amount of people that act like butthurt asukafags = amount of asukafags in thread.

Stop patting yourselves on the back, you had one real chance to show you're not wrong and you lost it earlier in the thread.
>>
>>133616982
Said the butthurt and insecure Reifag.
>>
>>133617035
>lost it

Is this a contest now? Are you for real? Reifag detected.
>>
>>133617035
tfw you will never be this autistic
>>
>>133617003
>>133617044
That's the point though, you're a butthurt Asukafag shitposting.

If Asuka wasn't shit, why do Asukafags spend more time on shitposting and actively avoiding to discuss the canon? Check mate.
>>
>>133617080
I'm only seeing one (You) from here, Reifag.
>>
>>133617074
>>133617061
>losing a chance to show something
>the same as a contest
Asukafags, still as dumb as ever. Still as sore that Rei > Asuka as ever.
>>
>>133616722
The hell is that image from?
I like Shinji x Misato too.
>>
>>133616207
Asuka is pretty much just "downs", and the character is distinctly anti-feminist because it can't do anything on it's own. As a woman that needs to be saved by a man (or another woman), it's not really the symbol of strength and independence they usually latch onto.
>>
File: autismdetected.png (109 KB, 285x305) Image search: [Google]
autismdetected.png
109 KB, 285x305
>>133617080
>>133617152
Pic related.

I literally called both Asukafags and Reifags a shit. Your reading comprehension is horrendous.
>>
>>133608670
why are asukafags so obnoxious? how can they be so retarded?
>>
>>133617583
because you are a retarded reifag
>>
File: 1101157466563b2f0b3db790016.jpg (229 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
1101157466563b2f0b3db790016.jpg
229 KB, 650x433
>>133617583
They're mad.

In the meantime, Japan is literally holding academic lectures on the way Rei's hair defines and frames her face, and how the center bang is a unique characteristic.
>>
File: giphy-facebook_s.jpg (35 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.jpg
35 KB, 480x270
>>133617732
>nips have shit taste
>>
>>133617732
Rei: Better design, better personality, better arc, better person.

She's so good.
>>
File: eva.webm (1 MB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
eva.webm
1 MB, 704x480
>>133610997
>>
>>133612458
jesus christ someone give her something to eat
>>
>>133617849
>>133617732
>academic lectures
>unironic posting

Holy shit, the Reifagging here is ridiculous.
>>
>>133608670
Rei is love
>>
>>133618002
Eh, what's wrong about the image I posted?
>>
>OP posts obvious bait
>Not removed by mods
>Someone gets triggered and goes on a rant, and a shit thread that should have gone immediately to the archive gets 200 replies of pure shitposting
I haven't read a single reply and I already know that.
>>
>>133618002
>buttmad mansuckafag
>>
File: Asuka wins again.jpg (208 KB, 884x596) Image search: [Google]
Asuka wins again.jpg
208 KB, 884x596
>>133608670

lol they will never learn who is the superior female

Also fuck rebuildfags
>>
>>133614991
Not Asuka, she's a motivator.
>>
File: 44251621_p20.png (346 KB, 700x988) Image search: [Google]
44251621_p20.png
346 KB, 700x988
Can I dump Shinji now?
>>
>>133618238
REIFAGS BTFO
>>
>>133618238
>>133618375
0/10.
>>
>>133618016
Rei is poopoo
>>
>>133613292
That's cause Eva 13 was cool.
>>
>>133618452
I don't know. You replied, so I'd give it a higher score.
>>
>>133618487
Poor EVA13... so easily forgotten, is the unit just a color scheme and that's it?
>>
>>133618487
Eva 13 has fucking high heels and two assholes for maximum homolust.
It's a fucking faggot unit.
>>
File: img_jcolour.jpg (111 KB, 960x566) Image search: [Google]
img_jcolour.jpg
111 KB, 960x566
If you're waifu doesn't have her own color, and your waifu isn't as intrinsically tied to a color you can name a color after her, maybe you're waifu ain't worth having.
>>
File: img_gouache01.jpg (116 KB, 960x516) Image search: [Google]
img_gouache01.jpg
116 KB, 960x516
>>133618905
>>
File: color_ayanami.gif (6 KB, 567x331) Image search: [Google]
color_ayanami.gif
6 KB, 567x331
STAY FROSTY
>>
>>133618487
Eva 13 looked pretty cool when it reached maxixum homo form and started glowing. As a Unit-01 clone though, it's pretty shit.
>>
>>133619006
Looked like a gay digimon.
>>
File: Double Entry System.png (392 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
Double Entry System.png
392 KB, 1280x544
>>133618676
It's literally a metaphor for gay sex
>>
>>133619054
You mean that wasn't the point?
>>
>>133618980
>>133618940
>>133618905

You are now manually aware that the only reason EVA00 is gay orange is because Anno even wants to rob Rei of her delicious, thematically fitting blue color.

ANNO IS A JEW.
>>
>>133619059
>Double Entry System

Hot damn.
>>
>>133619095
It's yellow dude
And it's always been yellow
>>
File: EVA00(Rei) throwing lance.webm (3 MB, 624x468) Image search: [Google]
EVA00(Rei) throwing lance.webm
3 MB, 624x468
>>133619126
>rebuild baby spotted
>>
>>133619164
It was originally yellow before they painted it blue
>>
File: reiheight.png (44 KB, 449x449) Image search: [Google]
reiheight.png
44 KB, 449x449
>tfw you have to pick you're waifu up to kiss her
>>
File: eva units 007.jpg (110 KB, 640x848) Image search: [Google]
eva units 007.jpg
110 KB, 640x848
>>133619126
It was orange in the beginning but it gets a refit after Ramiel.

It never gets that in Rebuild and they've been selling that ugly yellow one nobody wants every since.
>>
Eva threads were fun for once while the BDs came out. Now they're shit again.
>>
>>133619216
Rei is 157cm in Rebuild.

Yes that makes her taller than Hideaki Anno, who is 155cm.

>>133619207
SO WHERE THE FUCK IS MY BLUE IN REBUILD

anno won't even let rei have her color
>>
>>133619221
Such a shame too because I preferred the blue in NGE.

>>133619207
>It was originally Yui before they painted it blue
Fixed
>>
>>133619240
Because we had something to talk about.
Now it's just back to waifu wars as usual.
>>
File: 1434117614068.jpg (156 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1434117614068.jpg
156 KB, 1440x1080
Consider this:
Misato.
>>
>>133619333
>char
>not picking the mentally damaged teenager
>>
File: 70464713.jpg (47 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
70464713.jpg
47 KB, 640x427
>>133619260
>Hideaki Anno, who is 155cm
Those other guys must be really short.
>>
>>133619369
She basically is
>>
>>133619426
They're both taller than him, both at 167 and 163.

Hideaki Anno is an insecure manlet so he's probably standing on top of something.
>>
>>133619006
When you compare them side by side, they don't look much alike. The helmets are somewhat similar and they're both predominantly purple, but that's about it.
>>
>>133619260
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/庵野秀明
Where you get that from. Nip wiki says he's 180cm.
>>
>>133619463
That's the point. Until it started glowing homo white, it was just a Unit-01 clone made to look "different".
>>
File: best boy.gif (262 KB, 312x238) Image search: [Google]
best boy.gif
262 KB, 312x238
>>133619550
There's nothing homo about glowing white, you homo
>>
File: Misato_Katsuragi.png (263 KB, 471x1000) Image search: [Google]
Misato_Katsuragi.png
263 KB, 471x1000
>>133608670
>reifags and asukafags arguing over who's 2nd best
>>
>>133619626
Not unless Kaworu and Shinji are involved.
>>
File: p022_i053_i054.jpg (66 KB, 605x575) Image search: [Google]
p022_i053_i054.jpg
66 KB, 605x575
>>133619641
>29 year old woman
>14 year old girl
Which is the better investment?
>>
>>133620278
>is a leader
>funny and sarcastic
>flawed to a charm
>cougarism potential

of course the 29 year old
>>
>>133620278
14-year old keeps dying and forgetting our sexy times. I don't think I'd want that.
>>
File: 1436981433877.jpg (852 KB, 750x1713) Image search: [Google]
1436981433877.jpg
852 KB, 750x1713
>>133620334
>10 years down the line you'll have a 40 year old hag while rei is just turning 24
gg
>>
>>133620508
Rei isn't 14. She was made only after Yui died.
>>
>wanting to fuck a tranny
>being attracted to his jawline and boyish body
>being attracted to his insecurities and poor personality
asuka is meme, of course since 90% of the people that lurk /a/ are post 2006 redditors none of you would know that moots post was a joke

but please do go on and keep making these threads, hilarious to you see fail over and over again
>>
>>133620433
But it'd be like falling in love all over again
>>
>>133621104
Good point there.
>>
>>133620278
>non-human
>girl
>>
File: 1438058740779.jpg (399 KB, 2601x4052) Image search: [Google]
1438058740779.jpg
399 KB, 2601x4052
>>133620800
You say this like it's a problem.

>10 years old
>already this developed
Imagine how insane she will be in a few years. Rei will make Misato look flat.
>>
>>133608670
A.k.a. alien-chanfags.
>>
>>133621295
>>133621188
>Asukafags crying about Rei being non-human
>eats up Re-Take and now Rebuild where she's also made an alien aka non-human

FUCKING HYPOCRITES
YOU'RE JUST MOEFAGS NOTHING MORE
>>
>>133621361
cry more
>>
>>133621245
Except Rei doesn't grow because she has an artificial body.
>>
File: 1438568394698.jpg (427 KB, 1000x1070) Image search: [Google]
1438568394698.jpg
427 KB, 1000x1070
>>133621361
>Reifags
>>
File: transvestite.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
transvestite.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>133620941
>Asukafags
>>
Asukafags BTFO as usual. Why even bother making these threads, your tranny always gets completely shit on and you resort to desperately replying with memes to defend him.
>>
File: 1.png (96 KB, 336x280) Image search: [Google]
1.png
96 KB, 336x280
>>133621583
>>
>>133621661
Nobody cares.

Fuck off.
>>
>>133621937
>Nobody cares
Way to take the bait anon.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 197

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.