[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why did this upset me so much? We knew her for half an episode.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10
File: SAO_E03d.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SAO_E03d.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
why did this upset me so much? We knew her for half an episode.
>>
Because she's a cute girl.

Her companions were bugfuck retarded by the way
>>
All I'm remembering about this episode is the abridged version.
>>
>>133394863
Just the one guy who couldn't tell it was a trap.
>>
Because no one likes seeing best girls die.
>>
>>133394832
the first boner is a special boner
>>
>>133394888
Long story short she died
>>
OP here side note I'm a couple episodes into SAO II and I can't fucking stand the story, the action looks great so far but does it start to take off or is this pretty much it
>>
>>133395003
>SAO II
The pacing is a lot slower than S1 and stays that way. Also best girl is a minor character who gets nerfed off-screen and never appears again. Still mad
>>
File: 14600.1205003.jpg (33 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
14600.1205003.jpg
33 KB, 424x600
Only the good, die young
>>
>"Get stronger. Until one day...you can tell me, and other frightened people like me, that it'll be okay."
Asuna confirmed for killing Sachi. Discuss.
>>
>finish first arc of SAO
>kinda bland but Kirito and Asuna are cute together
>start second arc
>Asuna gets stuck in a literal cage
>Kirito's sister/cousin who's in love with him is the new female lead
Dropped it then, didn't look back
>>
>>133395142
If you have read the novels, did Kirito ever find out why Kayaba did what he did? Because that was another thing he promised Sachi IIRC and all Kayaba said in the anime was
>I don't remember
The asshole
>>
>>133395176
I get it, I saw the fairies and thought are you fucking serious? But it's not bad, plus you get to see his 15 year old busty sister cousin naked a couple times
>>
>>133394832
Because you're an idiot. This episode was so blatantly manipulative you'd have to be narratively blind to not know where it was going.
>>
>>133395003
Do yourself a favour and drop this shit.
>>
>>133395176
This is me except I did persevere and keep watching
It was only worth it for the faps with Suguha

>>133395246
>it's not bad
It was actually pretty bad, the NTR scene in the end was hot though
>>
Onodera is that you?
>>
>>133395142
He wasn't strong enough.

On Progressive's note, man the third manga volume is filled with Asuna fanservice.
>>
File: sugu.gif (751 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
sugu.gif
751 KB, 500x281
>every girl Kirito knows falls in love with him
>he has no personality and is inexplicably good at everything

what an obnoxious self insert. SAO was alright to watch but I wish it had focused on telling a story more so than jacking itself off
>>
>>133395176
>Kirito and Asuna are cute together
I feel this would have been a great series if it stuck with those two and stayed consistent, but no

SAO did not know what it wanted to be

First it wanted to be a tense do-or-die MMORPG
Then it wanted to be The Chronicles of A Badass
Then it wanted to be a diabetes-inducing romcom
Then it wanted to be SoL
Then it wanted to go back to the adventures but everything was too half-assed and sort of cobbled together an ending
>>
>>133395317
>the third manga volume is filled with Asuna fanservice
As it should be
Progressive is the best thing about the franchise, I know that's not saying much but still
>>
>>133395379
I was just thinking I would have loved to have 50 episodes of the original story arc, rather than a bunch of different shit
>>
>>133395313
Don't put Sachi with that doormat
>>
>>133395191
Since apparently you stopped watching the episode at about 17 minutes in, let me give you some timestamps so that you can go back and review it.

17:41 - 18:21

tl;dr: He wanted experience his super-immersive experience in an RPG grindfest and so sociopathically dragged everyone in to realistically model a serious RPG experience or some shit.
>>
>>133395438
I would have been awesome if the first arc lasted the whole 26 eps.
>>
CRAWWWWWLING
>>
>>133395072
please tell me it's the blue haired sniper. her character in game seems fucking awesome, but her IRL character is the worst.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nms3eZGEb3w
>>
>>133395191
>If you have read the novels, did Kirito ever find out why Kayaba did what he did? Because that was another thing he promised Sachi IIRC and all Kayaba said in the anime was
sorta. it tells it through some chick who was in love with him. Basically Kayaba was the ultimate chunni. He dreamed of a fantastical city in the sky when he was a kid, and dedicated his life to creating that world to live in it.

He wasn't killing the players maliciously, he just wanted to make the world "real" and a world without consiquences isn't "real". Kirito sorta gets what he was going for, as half his monologues outside of game worlds is philisophical arguments about what is the "real world" and what defines it.

basically that whole chunni "how do you know you're not living in the matrix?" argument (a movie which i guarantee half inspired the writer of SAO).

So in summery kayaba was a 30yo chunni who wanted to live out his chunni fantasies with 10,000 unwilling participants.
>>
>>133395246
You're not following me. For once anime gives us a Strong Female Character done right. Then there's a new arc, and she gets shoved aside for a new girl to fawn over our hero. I mean even if I wasn't a feminist I'd be miffed.
>>
File: chuuni loser fag.png (399 KB, 1058x1500) Image search: [Google]
chuuni loser fag.png
399 KB, 1058x1500
>>133395747
>30yo chunni
>>
File: Spy_Kids_3-D_movie_poster.jpg (42 KB, 299x429) Image search: [Google]
Spy_Kids_3-D_movie_poster.jpg
42 KB, 299x429
>>133395747
> half inspired by the matrix

Let's talk about the other half
>>
>>133394832
The Christmas episode hurt like a bitch.
Cute girls dying always gets to me, no matter how bad the anime is.
>>
>>133395818
Pick up the 4koma already, Yen Press. Fuck.
>>
>>133395842
>you will never listen to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer the same way again
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
I think the worst part of SAO was that asuna died, but then they were like wait no she didn't die, then they said no she's in a coma irl now for totally unrelated reasons.
>>
>>133395833
Not really, the abridged series hits the nail on the head about an obscure 90's movie that does the entire plot of SAO.
>>
>>133396225
no the worst part is the dubbed version.
seriously, it's really bad.
>>
Why couldn't they short the helmets off with a magnet? Some kind of self destruct mechanism?
>>
>>133396591
Because then the story would be over
>>
>>133396303
tell me more
>>
>>133396591
Because there were 10k hostages and they were afraid of getting them killed and being blamed for it, apparently.
>>
>>133396530
is it bad enough to go back and listen to?
>>
>>133395379
Some top tier planning by Kawahara Reki
The first 14 episodes of SAO were part of volume 1, then a side story, then parts of volume 2, then parts of volume 8, back to volume 1, back to volume 2 again and then back to finishing volume 1
>>
>>133396704
just watch random clips on YouTube you'll get the gist of it. unless youre saying that you watched it dubbed in the first place, in which case, get the fuck out
>>
>>133395842
Yeah, when he played the song she sung for him I actually cried like a bitch

Only reason i even stuck with the rest of the show
>>
>>133396757
Meanwhile, volume 8 will never be completely adapted until we get a Progressive anime.

Additionally, he's expanded upon the SAO gameworld quite a lot already. Think of all the other games that get minimal love.
>interior decorating with Kirito and Asuna
>>
>>133396965
>he's expanded upon the SAO gameworld quite a lot already.
I wouldn't expect any less with Kirito having MMO autism and being unable to think about anything for 2 minutes without going through explanations for every system in the game.
>>
>>133395752
Yeah I can't believe it was by the same writer. I can't stand SAO 1 or 2 but I admit when something is objectively done right and Asuna was a well written woman for anime that is
>>
>>
>>
>>133397150
The best thing about The-Chapter-That-Must-Not-Be-Named is Kirito's sperging over how hair is modeled while he was busy, uh, having a meal.
>>
>>133397769
>Aoi Yuuki voicing Yuuki
I wonder if they did that on purpose.
>>
>>133397869
>modeled
Meant to say "rendered". Whatever.

I wonder if anyone uses the excuse "I'm not a slut! I just like baths!"
>>
File: Yui.png (969 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Yui.png
969 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>133394832
What was her last words to kirito?
>>
>>133398523
いいものだな
>>
Such a nice girl.
>>
>>133396674
>Because there were 10k hostages and they were afraid of getting them killed and being blamed for it, apparently.
That's kinda funny.

>Holy shit, we have 10k in something like coma, and if we don't do anything they might die. What should we do?
>Fuck you, I won't do anything, I don't want people blaming us for even trying to save them.
>>
What's the web novel like?
>>
>>133398835
[Insert wall of text about Kirito and the evil NSA here]
>>
>>133398813
If you haven't read the MR sidestory, Yuuki was watching the news about the SAO incident.
>>
File: Web_Asuna_and_Yuuki.png (2 MB, 717x928) Image search: [Google]
Web_Asuna_and_Yuuki.png
2 MB, 717x928
This series has too much manga and light novels!
>>
>>133394832
Because we went in expecting them to last a while at least, with maybe one or two of them dying.
It was subverted. Quickly and painfully.
And then, Kirito and Klein with his guild gave everything he had to bring her back, only to disappoint us further when it turned out it only worked within 10 seconds.
And then, that night, Kirito got a time delayed message of something that she might have shared with him on that very night. Just a little tune, the kind she probably sang every year by the fire. She would've been in some cute winter clothes, or maybe pajamas, as well as the rest of the guild, and they'd all be sitting around the fire, talking and laughing and smiling with each other as the night dragged on. Then Sachi curls up next to Kirito and rests her head on his shoulder and starts humming the song. Everyone joins in, singing it together. As the song drags on, Sachi gets quieter. Eventually Sachi accidentally falls asleep, so Kirito just lets her sit there comfortably. Everyone quiets down and they all fall asleep by the fireplace.
It could've been like that. It was setting itself up to be like that.
But it didn't happen.
And that's why your heart was broken, and forever will be broken by the death of a character we only knew for a few minutes in a single episode. And all those memories, and all the memories that didn't get to be made, flood your mind just as it would Kirito, every time you hear the familiar song.
"Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer..."
>>
We had to protect that smile.
>>
>>133395264
Ahohohho im such a genius, i wont ever enjoy anything because if it doesnt supprise me than its trash, ahohohoho
>>
>>133395351
>>133397852
God she's so hot. Kirito just go the incest route
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.