[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why were most the episodes pointless filler?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Paranoia20agent.jpg (29 KB, 600x733) Image search: [Google]
Paranoia20agent.jpg
29 KB, 600x733
Why were most the episodes pointless filler?
>>
>>133131273
They were?

I enjoyed them anyway.
>>
>>133131308

Even the episode with the suicidal ghosts accomplished nothing.
>>
>>133131273
Satoshi Kon loves his twists, but such twists work best in a movie format. Paranoia Agent had a great finale, but I think it suffered from having to be padded out to 13 episodes, when it really could have achieved the same point in 8-10eps.
>>
>>133131273
The show was a place for him to cram together all his ideas that wouldn't have worked for a movie, if I remember correctly. That's why the filler's there, I guess. It's too bad, the first couple and last couple episodes were really good.
>>
>>133133071
>It's too bad
Kon craming his ideas in an episodic format is great. Why wouldn't you want that?
>>
>>133131273
You might as well call the entire anime pointless.
Or any anime at all.
>>
>>133133136
Makes for bad storytelling when they're all hashed together. Not to mention they weren't movie-worthy for a reason. The game bit especially.
>>
>>133133779
What do you mean by hashed together?
I see no problem with episodic content. Even better if it's all thematicly connected in some way.
>>
It's about episode per content. Also, the way the story is dilluted shows how the Bat Kid affair expands.

"Filler" episodes are the best episodes, too. The suicidal group ghosts or the one about middle aged women were the shit.
>>
>>133133930
I just felt it wasn't well done.
>>
>>133131273
Because there were too many episodes.
>>
>>133133455
I don't agree with OP but you're missing the point.
>>
Satoshi Kon is the best anime director of all time when it comes to movies.
Prove me wrong.
>>
Episode 8 was by far the best thing to come out of this show. Who cares if you think it was "filler"
>>
>>133131375
That episode's one of my favorite examples of dark humor in anime.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.