[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Griffith, friendship, Guts, and the Behelit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1467141679407.gif (167 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
1467141679407.gif
167 KB, 160x120
"A friend should never subsist on anothers dream. The man who would be my friend must have a reason for living that goes beyond me. And he should put his heart, and soul, into protecting this dream... even if it means opposing me. For me to call a man my friend, he must be my equal in every respect."

Oh, shit. Isn't this basically Guts and Griffith's current life? Guts has a dream; protecting Casca, healing her, and making Griffith pay. This naturally makes them opposing forces. And you literally couldn't put more effort into all this than Guts has.

Is there enough of Griffith left in Femto to realize that, in his very own words, Guts is now the most worthy man in the setting to be seen as his friend? Not that Guts would even give a shit at this point, but it is interesting. It also makes me wonder if that Behelit isn't intended for Guts himself. After all, despite Casca having a big role, the entire series revolves around this complex bromance. Even her rape for to hurt Guts.

I doubt Guts would ever actually agree to any deal the Godhand offered, but who knows? If Casca turns out to hate him, and his new friends die, it could be enough to make him just say 'fuck it all'.

Anyone got any theories or thoughts, since that's all we will fucking have for another decade?
>>
The Egg of the King is a doomsday device. It was meant to fuck everyone over far beyond their worst nightmares. If it is meant for Guts, he's got hell to pay.
>>
Yes, I think there is enough of Griffith left to realize this. Whether or not he does is another matter.
>>
>>143485304
This was revealed to be Griffith talking out of his ass. Not everything every character says in a work of fiction needs to be believed.

Guts filled the criteria of 'friend' when he decided to leave the Band of the Hawk. Griffith couldn't handle it and fell apart. Part of it was Griffith was becoming somewhat dependent on Guts, part of it was Griffith not being able to accept someone being equal/greater than him. All the things he was saying about 'friendship' didn't really pan out.

Now that he's Femto, the whole 'equal' thing has been thrown out the window. Guts is nowhere near as strong as him anymore.
>>
I just can't see Guts using the behelit cause that goes against everything his character stands for, doubt Casca would use it too cause I assume she'd hate the Godhand as much as Guts. Plus I thought sacrifices can't even becomes apostles anymore.

Guts' behelit will most likely be used by someone in his party, perhaps some that wasn't even introduced yet. I don't think anyone in his current party would use it, but I can't guarantee that.
>>
File: 6159666.gif (892 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
6159666.gif
892 KB, 500x276
>>143485304
"A friend should never subsist on anothers dream. The man who would be my friend must have a reason for living that goes beyond me. And he should put his heart, and soul, into protecting this dream... even if it means opposing me. For me to call a man my friend, he must be my equal in every respect."

So does this mean the Strawhats (especially Zoro) are not true friends to Luffy?
>>
>>143485805
>Not everything every character says in a work of fiction needs to be believed.
Yes, but whether or not he meant it, the writing is good enough that we can examine how and why he said it, as well as the ramifications of it.
>>
>>143485851
Sacrifices cannot be sacrificed again but they can become apostles.

I doubt Miura will make a party member use the behelit. Their sacrifice would be some of the other party members. Ten years ago it would have been a good possibility.
>>
>>143485851
Something more wacky than that could happen, like with the behelit sword.
>>
>>143485913
No, that's not necessarily true, and even if Griffith did believe it that wouldn't mean anything (in this context).
>>
>>143485914
The reason he said, storytelling-wise, was to let us know that he didn't actually view Guts or any members of the Band of the Hawk as his friends.

The reason he said it, for purposes within the plot, was to more closely connect with the princess. It's even possible that he actually believed it in his own mind. But when faced with someone who met his criteria, he obviously didn't believe what he said anymore.
>>
>>143486013
All things considered, that was just what he was saying at the time. What he was thinking and feeling may have been different, even if he still didn't view them as friends.
>>
File: 0090-012.jpg (469 KB, 1088x1600) Image search: [Google]
0090-012.jpg
469 KB, 1088x1600
>>143485971
If that was the case Luffy's true friends would be the other Supernovas, characters like Law & Kidd but not the strawhats.

tfw luffy gets captured by the marines but makes a pact with them to let him go so long as he sells out the other strawhats to die, with Zoro being the one to escape while Luffy builds a new crew and tries to become Pirate King again.

>>143485937
Do you mean Guts will plan to use the behelit like Skull Knight and either consume it or make some superpowered weapon or enchance his dragonslayer with it? Tbh, that'd be kind of a letdown if that was the case, but I can see that happening. I also don't think that Guts is supposed to be the next Skull Knight, he'd be SK if his want for revenge consumed him (and if the berserk armor keeps fucking his shit up). He'd be the next Zodd if he didn't come back to the BotH and wandered by himself endlessly while just living by his sword and wanting stronger opponents.
>>
Griffith is Femto
Anyone who says that they are in any way separate is a fag
>>
File: 1456251869481.png (297 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1456251869481.png
297 KB, 640x360
>>143486552
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.