[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/a/ Musician thoughts on Hibike
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: hibike ufo.png (456 KB, 852x463) Image search: [Google]
hibike ufo.png
456 KB, 852x463
What do /a/ musicians have to say about Hibike?
>>
It's shit.
>>
I doubt there are many musician around here. Such a thing would require effort in something other than vidya and watching tibetan animations.
>>
442 hz
>>
I played piano
all this band stuff means nothing to me
>>
>>124396169
>442Hz
A=440 if you aren't playing murriclap.
>>
>>124396162
Sucks to be you. I am a loser enough to keep up on clarinet, but I didn't go to do a liberal arts degree for it.
>>
Mio is best girl.
>>
>>124396190
You clearly never had to deal with piano concerto.
>>
Trumpetfag here. I hope they make every single one autistic and full of themselves because that would be accurate.
>>
Been playing in an orchestra for ~8 years now, so can't relate directly to a band but so far I can get into it and it seems pretty accurate and real.
>>
>>124396483
Well the trumpet girl is definitely a bit lacking in social skills. Wouldn't say autistic but she's definitely at the tail end of the introvert scale.
>>
>>124396483
>>124396512
I have played Tuba, I can say that if they don't practice on their own, then the conductor should tell them to fuck off. Seriously, not practicing shows with brass even more painfully than with woodwind.
>>
>>124396368
Blazer > Seifuku
>>
>>124396483
Did they tell you could be anything?
>>
Is it ever worth taking up an instrument later in life? Or are you doomed to be shit?
>>
>>124396581
He did.

https://i.4cdn.org/a/1429740159464.jpg
>>
>>124396581
What kind of band were you in? School, or something more legitimate?

I've played in a school orchestra for 8 years and rarely does someone practice outside of school.
At least I never did and fit in with everyone else.
>>
>>124396629
No, you should be fine.
>>
>>124396058
not related to any of this at all.
i just find the odd soundbite every now and then to be hilarious.
i can't even really tell how bad they are except for the feeling that it doesn't sound very clean.
>>
>>124396629
Worth it, although your own sense of inferiority will eat at you, and you would end up playing on your own really. You need to just go "fuck all" and not give a rat's ass if you want to play it, play it some more and git gud that way.

And obviously, you'll never git gud nuff to match the likes of Wynton Marsalis or Horowitz.
>>
Who fucking cares? This show is about the girls being cute, music is just a plot device, totally irreelevant.
>>
Suichi is cool
-Musician
>>
>>124396787
I fucking care, cause the music is the expression. Only you who aren't involved in the sausagemaking process would be pleb enough to think otherwise.
>>
I spent school years 6-12 in Orchestra so can't compare too much to band buttttt I would think if you had a school band that was 90% female it would be a bit like the show.

I like it.
>>
>>124396763
This. Though when it comes to good making music, all you really need is ambition. It takes effort but is worth it, and a great hobby.
>>
>>124396831
>music is the expression
Only in your little snowflakes "musician" delusions. In this show music is as important as it was on K-On.
>>
Played Tenor Sax, and Bass all throughout 4-12.
It's alright so far, some parts make me cringe to hell and writing notes with pen on music sheets? C'mon kyoani.
>>
>>124396629
It depends on the instrument but yeah, you can pick up whatever whenever. The reason why it is so much harder when you are an adult is finding the time to practice enough to really get good. People with families and work dominating just about all of their lives just do not have the available hours to learn and focus that they did as kids. Not to mention it is costly to own and maintain a nice instrument, lessons etc and as kids that was usually mostly covered by your parents or school or whatever.
>>
I play in a band, and it's so accurate it hurts.
>>124396661
While you may fit with everyone, in a band where some people may have some expectations, the fact that you don't give it as much time as they do can be really frustrating for them, to the point that they'd feel betrayed by the band, specially when no one seems to care about how things are not working as they should.
Of course, it all depends on what kind of band you're in.
>>
>>124396929
I dunno, feels like they're actually going to focus on the music in this than they did on k-on.
>>
>>124396988
How come? If anything this is the less "forced"/derogatory variation KyoAni show in a while, just cute girls doing cute things and unless you're an educated musicfag, which let's accept it shitposter-kun you aren't, it delivers what it's promising.
>>
>>124396999
Don't go cheap if you want to learn an instrument. You don't need the professional grade such as a grand Steinway, but don't buy the Chinese el cheapo crap.

The other thing is a need to listen to how other people go at it. You don't have the benefit of that immediate feedback when you are doing it alone, so you need to use your ears even more.
>>
>>124397007
This is the reason why more complete band programs divide students by tiers. Those that have private tutoring and are ambitious would go to the senior band and so forth, while those who would aspire to be concert masters would take additional composition classes outside and get credit for their school participation at the same time.
>>
>>124397079
That would be a mistake.
>>
>be a nonmusicfag
>can't spot what's wrong
>everything is just a lot of shit playing loudly
>zero fucks given, girls are cute
>>
>>124396483
Also trumpetfag. I was hoping the same thing.
>>
I'd like for there to be official ost scores if they make their own music like in k-on though
>>
>>124397308
I'm not a musicfag, but it was pretty clear that they weren't quite playing in time. It didn't sound absolutely horrible to me, but that's because I'm a pleb.
>>
>>124397318
As a Tubaist, I find many of you Trumpeters to be one-up elitists that are tryhards.
>>
>>124397169
joke's on you, I got a horrible $100 chinese digital keyboard for practice.

I was looking to buy an Oxygen 88 keyboard but it isn't available locally. I may have to settle with the 61 keys version but for now I can manage with my chinese piano
>>
I have a question for the "musicians" on /a/.

Why haven't you fags killed yourselves yet?
>>
>>124396222
Wrong.
>>
>>124396058
not my tempo
>>
>>124397495
If you can't live with that constant reminder of how much you massively suck, then you would have long stopped trying to play an instrument.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
I played bassoon in high school and I love this anime. So cute I made some embroidery of her!
>>
>wanted/expected K-ON! 2.0
>got moe Whiplash

I'm not sure how I feel about this.
>>
They have to be more arrogant and shitty in their personalities to be closer to reality.

I was playing music (violin) for almost 17 years since I was small and the reason why I stopped playing was because I fucking grew to hate all musicians and those people who expect to make a job out of this.

Fucking hell, take a fucking chill-pill, you fucking faggots.
>>
>>124397588
Awesome. Post it on Futaba.
>>
>>124397588
That's actually pretty neat, I don't think I've ever seen anime embroidery.
>>
I don't remember there being this many lesbians in my orchestra
>>
My hs music teacher was exactly the same except he had a short temper on top of being a passive aggressive asshole that would walk out during a practice. There is not a big enough divide in students that give a shit and students that don't.
>>
>>124397702
Last time I saw some was when Upotte was airing.
>>
>>124397588
How do you make sure it isn't off centre?
>>
>>124397588
>socks
>shoes
you had ONE JOB anon
>>
>>124396058
It was not quite my tempo
>>
I've been playing euphonium for 8 years and every euph player I've met including myself was placed on the instrument by their director. Even at state-level bands.
>>
File: 1429300938750.webm (220 KB, 730x590) Image search: [Google]
1429300938750.webm
220 KB, 730x590
I don't normally get nostalgic over chinese cartoons but UFOnium does it for me.

>>124397588
Neat.
>>
>>124397588
noice
>>
>>124397995
i STILL don't know how the euphonium sounds like.
good job, kyoani.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.