[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Plstic Memories, huge plot hole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
The life span is of 81,920 hours.

I guess this number means they have 10 data banks of 2^13 = 8192 hours each.

They say the Giftias record everything they do.

How to solve this problem?

It seems Giftias only have permanent memories.

I would fix this problem by creating a temporary buffer of one week.

After one week has passed, the software would get the most important events and record it to the permanent memory. How? Comparing with other events from past records, everything that has the same patter from the everyday life from past records would be discarded. Everything that doesn't follow the pattern would be kept.

This way the Giftias would have a huge lifespan. They could even get the 10 data banks to 5 or less, thus decreasing the cost of each unit.

This is a huge plot hole.

The only company capable of achieving an artificial soul couldn't figure out this solution. I doubt this would happen in real life.
>>
File: 1428828003527.jpg (37 KB, 459x245) Image search: [Google]
1428828003527.jpg
37 KB, 459x245
>>124039068
>>
>>124039068
lmao bro just store it in the cloud

that's what everyone's doing these days

get with the times grampa
>>
>>124039242
What about privacy?

Would you like to have videos of you saying how you love a robot being spread over the internet?
>>
>>124039068
It might not be profitable to sell at a decreased cost for each unit, even if it is possible to achieve this. The companies making the giftias probably don't give a shit about trying to increase the lifespan of them.
>>
>>124039068
Okay dude.
>>
File: 1428327206754.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1428327206754.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
Another day, another strong AI expert.

Isla best giftia and best girl.
>>
Isn't Giftias personality supposed to develop through time and experiences? Patterns are relevant if so.
>>
The bigger question is whether Giftias are running on free software. If they operate on proprietary software, then the Giftia's really working for the developers who made it, not you.

This can have devastating consequences since the gf/daughter/friend you think you're bringing into your home is really a malicious spy working for its developer. A Giftia running on proprietary software can track its master, snoop on them and even stop them from doing what they want to do. The developer has complete control and can delete memory from the Giftia (similar to what Amazon did when they erased copies of 1984 from its users Amazon Swindles), or the developer can forcibly downgrade the Giftia's operating system (as Crapple often does). They do all this in the name of profit.

As I see it, a truly free (libre) Giftia needs the following freedoms.

Freedom 0: The freedom to run the Giftia's program as you wish, for any purpose
Freedom 1: The freedom to study how the Giftia's code works, and change it so it does your bidding as you wish
Freedom 2: The freedom to redistribute copies of your Giftia's program so you can help your neighbor
Freedom 3: The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others
>>
I think this show is just sadness for the sake of sadness and even if they didn't have a limited lifespan they'd still find another reason to shovel downer shit down on you.
>>
Why does she need to pee?
>>
>>124039920
>The bigger question is whether Giftias are running on free software
Giftias are not even yours, or does apple comes to retrieve your iphone when it is outdated?
>>
>>124040063
The whole retrieval process is a consequence of using proprietary software. A free Giftia can be modified to not send back data on its age or location to anyone. You reap what you sow. This is why I don't feel any empathy for someone who's Giftia was taken back, this is the price you pay. Was it really worth it?
>>
File: 1396245339436.jpg (138 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1396245339436.jpg
138 KB, 750x750
heres an even bigger plot hole

>humanlike buyable androids
>no guy with harem of teenage girls
>no sexbots

ayyy lmao
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.