[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
plastic memories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
>get your tissues ready they said
I dont know about you guys, but it is like I am watching a robot Ren-chon doing cute things.
I have a smile on my face the whole times but damm that animation for the ending scene is pretty good.
>>
I'm about halfway through it right now. It's pretty shit so far.
>>
>>123552800
I'm not finding it more than mildly sad, but it's probably the best first episode I've seen for this season.
>>
>>123552800
>I'm going to get hit like a truck.
>>
It frustrated me if anything. with such vast technology that could create the dolls and have them learn etc why cant they upload the memories onto a new drive and implant them into a fresh doll thingy? As opposed to destroying the memories and replacing it like a household pet? They are machines right? Surely the storage of the memories could be safe. I am going to watch the next ep but i will likely drop it because this just fucks with me
>>
When I saw her walk back into her house like this, I thought she would close the door and we would hear a gunshot or learn about her suicide later.
For some reason, that thought made me start laughing.
>>
I can already see the mc developing a new OS so their life span can last longer, or either some magical bullshit that let her have her memories by the end of the show(because it's pretty obvious that she will loose it).
>>
>>123553141
This amount of plot-based autism never ceases to astound me. Get a grip, /g/, it's just a plot device.
>>
it was an okay first episode but a fucking great one compared to other first episodes so far this season
>>
>>123553249
an illogical plot device. Hey lets all make a machine that learns but we have no way of knowing how it works or why we cant salvage the hdd before it fails
>>
>>123553141
They run on RAID-0
>>
>>123553231
He's going to send her off and put the ring on her finger. It's pretty obvious she's just going to accept her death.
>>
>>123553141
SAI developed special drives than can hold close to 9 years worth of info, each robot has one as is essentially their memory, holding more than than will cause malfunction.

From a business perspective it is better to simply create more giftias and reset the existing ones than actually create back ups for all of them.
>>
Is this show trying to be a comedy or cheap melodrama?
>>
ME-tan when?
>>
I've only read the story from the charts. Let's see if this can hurt as bad as Ai-ren.
>>
>>123553335
>>123553141

I suspect a limited memory storage capability and non-transferable memory, prevents people from getting too attached to their current model. A recurring fear among some futurists is the point where we grow too attached to our machines and stop interacting with other human beings at any meaningful level.

Also, part of memory recovered, and reimplimentation depends on the storage medium. Maybe part of the formation of new artificial synapses into stable structures...leads to part of the degradation end-users notice?
>>
Why does it feel like Isshukan Friends a lot?
>>
Don't pets die in 10 years? This isn't Mich different from owning a pet.
>>
>>123553899
ded
>>
>>123553774
Since people are very clingy to their robot pets why not just charge them increasing amounts of "subscription cost" just to keep these bots functional. They won't even be as good as new because of latency of their cloud storage. Even better, SAI can mine the data and sell them to advertisers or some other business sector.
>>
>>123553926
God I hope not. Fuck that piece of shit.
>>
>>123553904
What's wrong with interacting with people though an anonymous image board?
>>
>>123553975

;_;
>>
inb4 expired robots will rebel against human
>>
>>123554106
The moest robot uprising
>>
>>123553141
Whose to say it's the "hard-drives" failing and not just the limited storage capacity like other anons have said. Maybe their "hard-drives" can only store up to 9 years of memories and personality, and after that it stops functioning. Transferring it to a new drive won't do any good because there probably aren't any drives that can take all that data.
Also, this is only the first fucking episode, the chances are very high that they'll either expand upon it in further episodes or have a plot twist how after 9 years the robots start developing more sentience and self-though. "Souls", if you will.
>>
It is obvious they limit the lifespan to 9years by design. There are plenty of reason why having a sentient immortal robots are bad.
>>
I don't know if I can handle watching this every week.
>>
>>123553192
that's what i thought.
>>
Not bad.

It's anime original so hopefully we'll get a complete ending. The original creator and script writer is same guy who did the VN scripts for Chaos:Head and one of the Steins;Gate game. As well as Bravery Default.

Signs point to this not having a happy ending. But I really hope there's some bullshit asspull where the Isla gets saved.

Anyone have a link to the full ending as well? I can't even find that shit on AB.
>>
Isla has already expired long ago
You know it's true
>>
>happiestrobotintheworld.jpg

I'm waiting for it. Fucking waiting for it.
>>
>>123553390
10/10
>>
File: 1332228030869.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1332228030869.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
>>123554410
>anime original
I need this, so sick of adaptations
>>
>>123553141
"hard drives" are actually real human brains that were brainwashed and are slowly rotting. That's why they can't tranfer memories or personnality, they don't actually have the tech.
>>
>>123554410
>who did the VN scripts for Chaos:Head
Wow

it's so gonna be shit
>>
>>123554441
If she expired a long time ago, then either she'd be more fucked up than she is, or the time limit is bullshit.
I'd say she's only months away from expiring, to explain her logic faults.
>>
>>123554462
>selective reading

Congratulations; you've proven yourself to be retarded.
>>
The big twist will be the MC failing the Voight-Kampff test.
>>
>>123554462
I'm pretty sure he was the scenario writer.
>>
>>123554551
The twist is that this is a prequel to Blade Runner
>>
>>123553926
it felt more like planetes to me
>>
>>123554562
Yeah my bad. He was scenario writer.

But what's the difference?
>>
>>123554462
Curious anon, have you actually read Chaos;Head or are you running your mouth based on the anime? Because while some people don't like the C;H VN, it's a generally beloved one that everyone agrees has an atrocious adaptation.

He also wrote the S;G VN and like everyone likes that one.
>>
File: PlasticMemoriesSmile.png (665 KB, 954x534) Image search: [Google]
PlasticMemoriesSmile.png
665 KB, 954x534
This show is going to kill me.
>>
>>123554615
where have i heard her voice before
>>
>>123554582
>more like planetes

Are you serious?
>>
File: aV5lq.jpg (4 KB, 125x120) Image search: [Google]
aV5lq.jpg
4 KB, 125x120
>romance
>loli robot waifu
>bath scenes
>>
It's pretty easy to make up an explanation for the limited lifespan. Perhaps they're using some kind of biotech that's reliable, but not fully understood.
>>
>>123554671
>http://imgur.com/aV5lq

Kill yourself.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.