[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /a/ care that Kaguya was robbed at the Oscars and the award
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: kaguya.webm (3 MB, 960x520) Image search: [Google]
kaguya.webm
3 MB, 960x520
Does /a/ care that Kaguya was robbed at the Oscars and the award went to a generic Disney movie?
>>
>implying the Oscars mean shit
>>
We've had three threads whining about it so far so I'm gonna guess no
>>
I haven't seen any of the movies that were nominated for animation so I don't care.
>>
>>121662862
Well, there was a racist on the panel, so not surprised.
>>
Kaguya sucks. didnt deserve to win shit.
>>
>>121662936
This.

But it's a shame that without shitty rewards like these this movie will become forgotten. Besides, it couldn't win from the beginning because it has a BOOB.
>>
>>121663009
It doesn't suck and it definately has the cookie cutter shit that won the category beat.
>>
It's generic Ghiblishit. Get over it, you casual.
>>
>>121663105
Except it's not, because it's not Miyazaki's.
>>
>>121663105
I'll take 'generic Ghiblishit' over generic Pixarshit any day, especially when BH6 is not going to be remembered in two or even one year. If things keep going Kaguya could very well be the last great hand-drawn animated film.
>>
>a less funny, less deep, less dramatic and somehow worse looking version of The Iron Giant won the Oscar for best animated feature

sasuga academy
>>
>>121663210
>BH6
>Pixar
Try again.
>If things keep going Kaguya could very well be the last great hand-drawn animated film.
Because it didn't win an award? Or because Studio Ghibli is the only animation studio in Japan, let alone the whole world in your mind?

Come off it, Ghiblibabby.
>>
>>121663568
>BH6
>not Pixar
literally the same formula and people working on it

Also are you implying there's a studio producing hand-drawn animation on Ghibli level anywhere else?
>>
no because Kaguya was picked as the "tolken foreign film"
>>
/co/ here

your movie was shit
>>
File: Animatrix - Beyond ~2003.gif (2 MB, 300x131) Image search: [Google]
Animatrix - Beyond ~2003.gif
2 MB, 300x131
>>121662862

wow! thank you for posting that beautiful video.
>>
>>121663897
dont tell me BH6 wasn't the worst nominee
>>
>>121664320

it was better than this filth
>>
Lego Movie and maybe Dragon 2 should have won it. Big Hero 6 was not a good movie. Then again, Oscar voters only watch Disney.
>>
The Secret Of Kells lost to some shitty generic CGI a year or two back.

Only shit gets the Oscar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-am8lpUtH8
>>
>>121664358
Wait the Lego movie was in the nominations and it didn't win?
Really?
That movie was great.
>>
>>121663897
>/co/ here
No you're not. /co/ actually wanted it to win

>>>69720798
>>
>>121663897
/a/ here. Get out of my board you faggot.
>>
>>121664552
Hmm, thought that would work. Fucked it up.

>>>/co/69720798
>>
>>121663105

No, it's actually more Disney than Big Hero 6 was. BH6 was a (bad) adaptation of a rather unpopular marvel comic. Kaguya is a rather direct adaptation of the oldest fairy tale in Japanese history.

You know, fairy tales, the thing disney is famous for.
>>
/a/co/ here
Let's all be friends!
>>
I was really surprised that American Sniper didn't win best picture. After Argo won it, I thought the American Propaganda Machine had taken enough hold of it that it would be that way for years to come.
>>
>>121662862
>giving a fuck about a movie you like not winning a stupid murrican award
>>
>>121664611
Not as long as /co/ remains the tumblr-infested shithole it currently is. I mean, shit, I started out on 4chan through /co/, but left when it got too tumblr-y.
>>
File: 000000.jpg (33 KB, 318x400) Image search: [Google]
000000.jpg
33 KB, 318x400
>>121664611
No
>>
>>121663706
>literally the same formula and people working on it
It's literally not the same people though.

>>121664527
It wasn't in the noms and it was shit anyway.
>>
>>121663706
What about the studio that made The Triplets of Belleville and The Illusionist?
>>
>>121664611
Piss off, crossie.
>>
>>>/co/69721976

Is this a proper generalization of the Ghibli movies? Because some of them sound fucking hysterical.
>>
File: 7638.png (341 KB, 471x361) Image search: [Google]
7638.png
341 KB, 471x361
>>121664740
>browsing only one board
>>
>>121664611
Faggot
>>
>>121664761
Anything sounds like that when you describe it like that.
>>
>>121664761
They're accurate as any intentionally stupid one-line description of a film can be. Which is to say, they're not.
>>
Oscar is all about american films anyway.
Animation of any kind is severely underrepresented too.
>>
File: song_of_the_sea_still.jpg (280 KB, 1296x730) Image search: [Google]
song_of_the_sea_still.jpg
280 KB, 1296x730
What does /a/ think of Song of the Sea?
>>
Why does /a/ hate BH6 so much? It was pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>121664847
I think I haven't seen it yet.
>>
Are there no "patrician" animated movies in a given year or does the academy just not know about them?
>>
>>121664847
>potato animation
It's on my /co/ backlog.
>>
>>121664881
It's a mass media/moneymaking event. They aren't going to look that hard for "patrician" (read: hipster) animated movies, they just want to make nominations that will get people watching. So they have the usual pixar/disney/dreamworks stuff, along with maybe an anime film or some other wildcard, but they aren't going to go looking for anything else. They don't want people to be too off-put by thinking that the nominations are too alien to their own tastes that the oscars have nothing to do with them.
>>
>>121664881
You should know by now that the animation category is there just to pay lip service. They don't give a fuck about that shit beyond muh disney/dreamworks/pixar
>>
>>121664936
That whole event is quite disgusting. All that elitist brown nosing and dick sucking. You'd think they pulled people out of a burning building, instead of being paid hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of dollars to act in a movie.

Fuck the Oscars. I hope everybody who goes to that bullshit this year gets killed by ISIS
>>
>>121665021
>goes to
Went to. It happened a few hours ago.
>>
>>121665021
>*Teary*

>Thanks everybody. I'm so shocked and amazed that I've been given this piece of shit, meaningless award that they given away 100 of, every year, for the last 50 years. This really means alot to me, and I'd like to thank Allan Winklekike for letting me act in his movie if I shit on his pancakes every morning for a week.
>>
>>121665062
Good. I hope they die in pain.
>>
File: average academy awards voters.png (227 KB, 600x1317) Image search: [Google]
average academy awards voters.png
227 KB, 600x1317
>obscure freakin' Chinese fuckin' things that nobody ever freakin' saw
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.