[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rolling Girls 06 - does anyone have complete subs of this??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
I fucking hate this character. Can't hear a damn word he says, and Funimation doesn't bother to give us any subs for him, even though the Japanese release got proper Japanese subs. For some reason, Senketsu didn't bother to translate these either. Maybe they just transcribed Funi? But they screwed up when they didn't actually watch the raw. A major portion of the plot revolved around the content of what this character said. Did no one else notice this?

tl;dr Why is fansubbing so shit these days?
>>
Also, general comments about male characters who wear pink and yellow clothes?
>>
>>121574470
>'professional' subs being shitty
This is nothing new, and is actually the standard now.

And yes, Senketsu only transcribe from simulcasts and then links it to a decent raw.
>>
>>121574841
Could you at least bump the thread?
>>
It's actually shocking that Funi don't include the subs for what the guy is saying, but Funi is shit so what can you do.
Also funi are not fansubbers.
>>
>>121574930
There's nothing wrong with sage'ing if you feel your post isn't very important.
>>
>>121575186
Well since OPs can't bump their own threads anymore on /a/, it seems like common courtesy to keep a new thread in the first 3-4 pages at least until enough people have had a chance to see it.
>>
>>121574470
>required to understand
Not really. You could get most of what he was doing if only because of how people were reacting to it
>>
>>121575438
I disagree. I will bump threads I am actually interested in if they are already past page 7. In most other cases I will sage.
It doesn't hurt the thread. In fact, my response (however silly) may provoke a discussion that in turn will effect a bump.
I just don't like bumping myself.
>>
>>121575601

Why use subtitles at all, then? Why not just turn of the audio completely and only watch the visuals? I don't watch subtitled anime to get "the gist of" what's going on.
>>
>>121575608
>being this much of a faggot
If you have something you want others to hear then bump the thread, Otherwise just don't post.
>>
>>121575676
I'm just saying it's not required, and the Funi stream obviously didn't even get the japanese subtitles (my guess is they were added by the tv stations), so they only had the sound to go for, and you can't understand what he's saying bar one or two words
>>
>>121575714
Sage is not a downvote.
>>
Wait, there is an anime!?
>>
>>121575714
Could you just fucking stop.
Anyway there is already anothe Rolling Girl thread, so why have another dead thread?
>>
File: images (2).jpg (5 KB, 212x151) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
5 KB, 212x151
>>121575742
>(my guess is they were added by the tv stations)
Don't think so... this is what TV station subtitles look like. You never find any double exclamation points. Just periods and question marks. Plus, as you pointed out, you *can not* understand what he's saying, except for a word or two.
>>
>>121575773
No one said it was a down vote. Hes just being a huge faggot. Sage is supposed to be used so for dead threads or comments that don't facilitate discussion have a place. Its just as bad as the faggot who used it as a downvote. Fucking newfags.
>>121575851
>dead thread
being this much of a faggot. This isnt the same thread.
>>
>>121574470
Like you didn't know what was going on just by looking at the scene. I thought that it was supposed to be a joke that you couldn't -hear- what he was saying. Not trying to defend funimation but I guess that funimation just had the video without the translations hence why they didn't translate what he said.
>A major portion of the plot revolver around of the content of what this character said
Now this is bullshit.
>>
>>121575963
>No one said it was a down vote.
Then what's wrong with using sage? It doesn't do anything. That's actually the point.
>>
>>121575966
From just the little bit of Japanese that I can read, while watching the raw, YES, I can confirm that a large portion of the plot did depend on understanding what that character was saying.

>b-but you can get the gist of it without having to understand
Why watch with subtitles at all, then?
>>
>>121576049
Do the fansubs have the japanese subtitle and translations of it?
>>
>>121576015
Because youre trying to use sage for something its not intended for. Its for when your comment doesnt facilitate discussion. It basically says
>He OP, lets have a discussion, but not let other see it by making sure the thread isnt bump.
Its rare to see someone be this much of a faggot.
>>
File: shot0203.jpg (357 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shot0203.jpg
357 KB, 1280x720
>>121574470
commie's out, finally
>>
>>121576262
Commie does.
>>
>S-stop using sage, I don't like it
>Stop using things I din't like.
>>
>>121576301
>by making sure the thread isnt bump
I'm not making the thread unbumpable. I'm just not bumping it.

And again, if I think the thread is actually interesting and in dire need of a bump, I will not sage.
>>
These are the kind of people who actually watch Funishit.
>>
>>121576323
Fucking finally.
>>
>>121576470
Fuck you.
>>
>>121576447
>I like using things as theyre not intended
Just as bad as the faggots who used it as a downvote.
>>121576451
>Only bumping threads on the last pages
You can't actually be this much of a faggot. Threads are bumped because theyre active. If youre going to engage in an active discussion then the thread should be bumped which is why its the default state of posting. Sage is a special case.
>>
Oh my god, OP, stop being a whiny bitch about sage, holy shit.

>>121576367
Sorry, but could you provide a quick screencap? I'm a little wary of downloading Commie at all unless it's legit.
>>
>>121575676
Why put the revving sound then at all if they are going to sub it?

The whole fun part about that guy was that you never understood what he was saying because of the revving yet you knew what he was about judging by the people's reactions and the context given. They subbed it in Japan probably because people there is even more autistic about anime than /a/ is or something.
>>
>>121576604
>If youre going to engage in an active discussion
In those cases my bumping would do next to nothing, since the thread gets bumped every 2 minutes anyway.

>Sage is a special case.
That sounds like you wanted to say something but got cut off. So in effect you didn't say anything at all.
>>
>>121576710
>yet you knew what he was about judging by the people's reactions
Yes, exactly.
>>
>>121576658
Why don't we make a trade, you stop being a faggot and Ill stop whining. Also Im not OP.
>>
>>121576658

>>121576710
Or maybe they subbed it because you were meant to understand what he's saying despite him being an obnoxious jackass.
>>
>>121576769
>Im not OP
Suuuuuure you're not.
>>
>>121576830
Thanks!
>>
>>121576841
I'm arguing for sage and I know there's at least two people arguing against it because >>121575714 was a new IP.
>>
>>121576753
If you don't know the purpose of sage even after me stating already don't use it. And youre wrong about your bumping it doing nothing. It shows how active a thread is. Do you not understand how far down a thread can go in 2 minutes. If theres active discussion taking place this shouldn't be the case.
>>121576841
>Someone other than OP is calling me out for being a faggot.
>>
>>121576658
>OP,
My only two posts about sageing were here: >>121575438
>>121574930
>>
>>121576909
So you have nothing at all to say.
Good day to you. I'll stop aiding in the derailment of the thread now.
>>
>>121576830
>maybe they subbed it because you were meant to understand what he's saying
You can't even properly hear half of what he's saying with all the revving. I find it hard to believe that you are supposed to hear it but who knows.
I'm okay with the unsubbed way.
>>
>>121576981
>Can't defend argument but continues to be a faggot anyways
Lost causes.
>>
>>121576988
There have been other examples in other anime of characters speaking "gibberish" who we were nevertheless meant to understand.
>>
>>121577182
Never seen that show.
If he's talking some gibberish language then I think it makes sense for us to understand it. Then again without any context I can't really give any worth opinion.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.