[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragonball thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: IMG_2109.jpg (376 KB, 600x800) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_2109.jpg
376 KB, 600x800
First chapter of Fukkatsu no F manga adaptation leaking
First chapter confirmed by Redon to be 31 pages
>>
>>121438886
>>
>>121438893
>>
File: IMG_2113.jpg (396 KB, 600x800) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_2113.jpg
396 KB, 600x800
>>121438919
>>
File: IMG_2111.jpg (377 KB, 600x800) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_2111.jpg
377 KB, 600x800
>>121438943
>>
>>121438943

>Mai

Oh yeah

Also, why does Gohan's design look so shit?, everyone else looks alright
>>
>>121439308
Because Gohan a shit.
>>
>>121438943
..why is anyone scared that Frieza is back? Piccolo could beat him by farting on his face
>>
>>121439454
Because he got a massive powerup
>>
>>121439308
Because Toriyama has to shit on Gohan in everything he does.

My question is why the heck is Krillin a cop?
Even if he wants to make money because 18 is all about the zenny there's so many ways he could make more money much easier with his strength than ending up as traffic patrol.
>>
>>121439510
Shouldn't they still be rich from that tournament? Maybe he just became a cop because he likes protecting the peace. It's not like any criminal could do jack shit to him.
>>
>>121439509
But they shouldn't know already.
Forget that,just realized in that page they are probably surprised that the sky turned black,meaning that someone summoned shenron.
>>
>>121438893

Wait, was he still fucking alive at that point or is someone else's thoughts?
>>
>>121439616
Looks like he was still alive
>muh supreme alien race
>>
>>121438893
The insides of his body look like a fucking machine

No wonder he got revived. He's a fucking robot.
>>
File: 347100878_small.jpg (25 KB, 400x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
347100878_small.jpg
25 KB, 400x300
>>121439661
>The insides of his body look like a fucking machine
The last time freezer showed up he was half-cyborg already.

I guess that's only the machine parts.
>>
So going by released material I guess the entire Namek crew get a fight atleast
>>
Frieza is granted immortality. He will be gifted a body each time he dies And be allowed to come back.

Cap this
>>
>>121439686
They really want the nostalgia yen huh, trying to make freiza a threat again after he went out like a total bitch the last time he came back.
>>
>>121439782
>literally 5 seconds of screen time
>>
>>121439782
I'm still wondering how they're going to make Freezer powerful enough to even be worth anyone's time. What kind of bullshit are they going to pull this time?
>>
File: Revival of [F].jpg (275 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Revival of [F].jpg
275 KB, 1920x1080
http://imgur.com/a/2El4j
>>
File: manga version T.png (145 KB, 424x422) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
manga version T.png
145 KB, 424x422
>>Freiza comes back
>>Has trained to the point he is able to beat Goku, Vegeta, Beerus & Whis
>>The only one who can stop him is Tarble, who has unlocked his full potential and reached Super Saiyan God 2

Skreentap dis
>>
>>121438943
WHY FUCK IS MAI AND THE OTHERS ARE KIDS AGAIN
>>
Starts with flashbacks to Freeza getting beaten by Goku and Trunks

With Freeza down, his army is in shambles. So to reorganize, Sorbet (former staff officer of the third stellar region) takes control of the army for the time being. He heads for Earth together with Tagoma, a warrior on par with the likes of Zarbon and Dodoria.

They coerce the Dragon Balls from Pilaf and co., summon Shenlong, and wish to revive Freeza.

Freeza: “I won’t be satisfied until I’ve killed the two Super Saiyans who did this to me.”

Tagoma says something he shouldn’t, and gets killed for it.

Sorbet: “Son Goku has become strong enough to defeat Majin Buu.”

Freeza: “That’s more than I imagined. But I’m a prodigy, so if I bring out all of my dormant power through training, I’ll crush even the Saiyans in the blink of an eye.”

The evilest revenge begins. End chapter one.
>>
>>121439917
They never changed back to adults, anon
>>
DB's greatest flaw has always been the fact that death was such a non issue.

And this return of Frieza isn't helping.

But then again... nobody is watching DB for its narrative qualities, right?
It's just powerlevel wankery at this point.
>>
>>121439926
Training? Seriously?
>>
File: anon...png (46 KB, 145x147) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
anon...png
46 KB, 145x147
>>121439926
>a warrior on par with the likes of Zarbon and Dodoria
That's nothing to be proud of
>>
>>121439936
It's fun, the fights are good and I like the characters, they're cool without relying on MUH TRAGIC PAST and flashbacks. It doesn't try to be more than what it is.
>>
>>121439960
His design is complete shit too, so boring.
>>
>>121439936
SShut up and just enjoy the fights, you faggot.
>>
>>121439926
>if I bring out all of my dormant power through training
Completely out of character. Dropped. Freeza training is like Cell being humble about being perfect.
>>
>>121439986
There's nothing creative or interesting about the fights. Its just powering up, filler punches, filler energy spam, filler punches, big energy blast and one guy has lost.
>>
>>121439997
Who would know Freeza better than Toriyama?
>>
>>121439845
>What kind of bullshit are they going to pull this time?
Everyone else is nerfed to hell.
>>
>>121440021
If Tory writes fat Buu liking healthy food,it isn't out of character too?
>>
>>121439986
>>MUH TRAGIC PAST
Vegeta was all about that and MUH SAIYAN PRIDE

>>121439992
Might as well tell people to go watch Naruto if thats all that matters.
>>
>>121438893
>>
>>121439997
I don't really remember Perfect Cell rubbing it in people's faces, though. I remember him being very quiet about it, at least until Gohan SSJ2'd.
>>
>>121440018
The fight choregraphies are nice, it's fast and you can feel the strength of the fighters. In the manga, the anime is terrible.
Also, if you look at the fights before the Cell and Buu saga, they have a lot more things than what you said.
>>
>>121439997
Frieza training is fucking awesome, dude. He's going full Vegeta.

How does anyone not love this?
>>
>>121440065
Naruto's all about the homosexual fan-fiction, brother.
>>
>>121439926
How the fuck does Freezer even know about Majin Bu or how strong he is? Not even Babidi knew how strong Buu actually was.
And if frieza really had a "dormant strength",why the fuck he didn't train after he got beaten by Goku, he just built himself a robot body.
To think that this shit is canon.
>>
>>121440018
Toei pls
>>
>>121440078
Doesn't look like any parts large enough survived to end up on the ground,
that is what you are pointing out right?
>>
>>
>>121440168
>canon

Don't start this shit.
>>
>>121440168
To be fair, Freezer built himself strong enough to destroy everyone on Earth at that point. There's literally no way he could have known Trunks would have appeared from the freaking future out of nowhere.
>>
>>121440099
Dragon ball was good, more focused on the fuax martial arts than ki spam and had more unusual techniques instead if just different coloured direct energy blasts.

The further it goes along the more generic and boring it gets.
>>
>>121440184
What site are you using to read DB/DBZ?
>>
>>121440168
He didn't build himself shit. He was scooped up by daddy in deep space and built into a cyborg while immediately flying toward earth to destroy it and torture everyone on it under the assumption that Goku was dead.

Obviously now that he's back and probably immortal, things are different
>>
>>121440222
But it didn't. DBZ was the one to introduce energy blast spam. How could someone that introduced it become generic?
>>
>>121440245
I don't use online readers.

http://pastebin.com/KcEVVPSm
>>
>>121440211
Not strong enough to beat Goku.
The whole "he never gave a fuck so he didn't train" could work, but not here. Freeza will probably become stronger than Buu in a matter of days, a ridiculous amount of time. Even if we say he knew he was the strongest in the universe and didn't have a reason to train, he feared Super Saiyans, enough to plot behind the scenes and exterminate the future threats. Why would he wait to be killed twice to train?
Now if he was picked up right after Trunks "killed" him and trained for 30 years, that'd make it a bit more ok but I don't think that'll happen
>>
>>121440168
Freezer has a galactic army that works for him.
>>
>>121439997
Well, to be fair, this is Freeza well after he gotten beaten by TWO super Saiyans, and is dedicating himself to REVENGE.

How else is he going to fight them? Some bullshit hell powerup?
>>
What if Beerus made Freeza utilize the Room of Time and Space / Hyperbolic Time Chamber?
>>
>>121440265
What manga reader do you use?
>>
>>121440289
And he was somehow more scared about a legendary sayan that he wasn't even sure existed than frickin Majin Bu?
>>
>>121440286
He got picked up but he was still half dead. His father thought that the only way to increase his power and save his life was by giving him machines for his new body.
>>
>>121440222
There are nice tactics and martial arts/technics until the Cell and Buu sagas. The Vegeta fight is one of the best.
>>
File: Action275_04.jpg (87 KB, 538x391) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Action275_04.jpg
87 KB, 538x391
>>121440260
You are seriously trying to firing energy at people wasn't a thing before DBZ 'invented' it? Piss off man.
>>
>>121440336
www.bandisoft.com/honeyview/

I prefer to download the files as zips as I prefer local instead of online
>>
>>121440339
Beings like Buu are usually a legend and he has never seen any being like Buu while the Saiyans was infront of him.
>>
>>121440286
Freezer didn't die against Goku, he managed to survive just enough that he could be revived through machinery. Trunks is the one who actually killed him. Freezer has been in Hell (or HFIL lololo) since then.

But really, why do you say he wasn't stronger than Goku? He definitely was. Goku stayed on the planet that saved him and trained with them for a little while before returning to Earth. At this point, though, Freezer had thought that Goku blew up with Namek.
>>
>>121440289
How would that help him against Majin Buu, a creature that killed divine beings and destroyed more planets than Freiza ever did.

Retconning Beerus into Freiza and Vegetas backstory was so dumb.
>>
>>121440356
Spamming energy blast. Firing it like a laser has always been there but spamming it when fighting using kung fu moves isn't.
>>
>>
>>121440376
Goku was as strong as Trunks when he came back to earth. Too lazy to post the pic.
>>
>>121440399
No, it means that he must have heard rumours about Buu from his subordinate.
>>
>>
>>121440371
Website isn't loading for me right now, but thank you anon.
>>
>>121440376
Goku didn't job against Trunks so I assume he'd have been able to beat Freezer. Maybe mecha Freezer is stronger than Namek SSJ Goku.
>>
>>121440373
Except Freiza knew the God of Destruction personally, was his bitch. It seems like less of a baseless legend if his officers knew about it and could tell Freiza how badass Goku was just by mentioning the name.
>>
>>121440423
I guess he was, since he was able to predict and block Trunks' sword with his index finger. But wasn't that only because he trained before coming back to Earth? Freezer was just foolish about it. He didn't think Goku would ever even survive Namek let alone think he would have trained some more in the time it took Freezer to be rebuilt.
>>
>>121440371
>fellow Honeyviewer
Muh nigga
>>
>>121440472
Again he has never seen Buu. So, he could have done nothing about it.
>>
>>121440440
Goku's so retarded, he really thought this would somehow deal with Freiza's galactic army? Or that a petty tyrant like Freiza WOULDN'T try to get revenge against Earth somehow?

Why is Goku so much more retarded as an Adult than he was as a Kid?
Kid Goku punched through King Piccolo or Commander Black without hesitation.
>>
>>121440484
> didn't think Goku would ever even survive Namek
But himself said that he wanted to see his face when his planet is blew up by him
>>
>>121440484
Except thats bullshit

He knew Goku was returning to Earth

He wanted to slaughter his family and the earthlings after managing to arrive first so he could taunt Goku about it
>>
>>121439845
They're not, the entire movie would be Freeza trying hard and failing hard with each attempt before finally realizing that he's actually having a better life in hell than this.
>>
>>121440530
It's not about hesitation, he was just so above him that he couldn't be bothered killing him
>>
>making sense about anything regarding dragon ball Z
Literally everything about the "plot" or powerlevels is retarded. It's useless to try to make any sense out of it.
>>
>>121440530
He wanted to torture him by leaving him alive or some shit. But yeah he really didn't think about the consequences. Goku not killing Piccolo makes sense because he could always kick his ass the day he tried to do something bad. Sparring Veget and Freezer was irresponsible.
>>
Who's that short hair in between Piccolo and Krillin?
>>
File: Hell.jpg (123 KB, 650x272) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Hell.jpg
123 KB, 650x272
>>
>>121440606
Gohan. Note that everyone here was relevant on Namek.
>>
>>121440583
Which is why he's retarded, he thinks just because he was stronger that means Freiza couldn't get back at innocent people... like the billions he had slaughtered in the past. All Goku seems to care about is personal fights.
>>
>>121440553
>>121440559
It's been a while. That does sound right, though. My mistake. But then Freezer still didn't think Goku would train enough during the time it took him to be rebuilt. Again, he was just being cocky about it all.
>>
File: 1421839447615.gif (42 KB, 225x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421839447615.gif
42 KB, 225x200
>>121440630
Is this legit? Oh my god.
>>
>>121440657
Yes it is and I fucking love it.
>>
I'm happy that Frieza is training.

Showing up and going "SINCE WHEN WERE YOU UNDER THE IMPRESSION MY FINAL FORM WAS MY FINAL FORM?" would be really aggravating.

How he trains is important though. Doing some shadow boxing and calling it a day would be a bad way of going about it. I want to see him on some horrid planet training under a fuckload of gravity in really poor conditions.
>>
>>121440630
Those toys don't look very Toriyama-ish to me
>>
>>121440645
There's nothing wrong with mecha Freezer, keep in mind that he wanted to 2 vs 1 Goku. He probably would have destroyed the planet too.
Freezer not training at all when he could've became stronger than Buu, however...
>>
>>121440657
Hell was always not a bad place in the DBZ-verse
>>
>>121440677
The manga adaptation was made by Toyotaro so you can sometimes see the difference.
>>
>>121440685
>>121440657
But you don't keep your body in hell. Your soul and memories are cleaned and you get a new life.
Guess it was retconed
>>
>>121440723
Says who. Enma gets to decide the punishment and he could have given Freeza a body and maybe like Goku keeps his body. But even with this toriyama maybe forgot.
>>
File: sLRrls6.jpg (414 KB, 665x1024) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sLRrls6.jpg
414 KB, 665x1024
>>121440179
Freeza's mechanical body being shown is probably just him "remembering" what happened.
>>
>>121440720
Ah ok
>>
>>121440078
it could be that
>>121438893
is in hell
>>
>>121440757
He just forgets. I'm ok with this though, since Buu saga there's no reason to take Dragon Ball's story seriously. Only enjoying the ride.
>>
>>121440634
>All Goku seems to care about is personal fights.
Bingo! Was this ever in question? Goku's ALWAYS been that way. He's not Superman.
>>
>>121438943
Gohan needs glasses? I thought he was super Aryan.
>>
>>121440634
>All Goku seems to care about is personal fights.

Toriyama Goku we all know and love, yes.
>>
>>121440864
Except the whole reason he transformed into a super saiyan was because his friend was killed and he gave a speech about being the vengeance of the murdered innocents given form.

And he's still portrayed as the "messiah" of the series, a bastion of morality with an impossible "pure good heart".

Goku is a terrible protagonist and became pretty boring as a fighter to boot.
>>
Everytime I see post-Majin Buu Gohan turning Super Saiyan, I fucking die inside a little.
>>
>>121440930
Same,
its like getting rid of all the saiyans tails to the point of forgetting them completely when trunks/goten rolled around or getting rid of all the beast people that were also earthlings.
Its just making the whole setting more bland and samey.
>>
>>121440908
>he gave a speech about being the vengeance of the murdered innocents given form.

Thats just shit the westerners put in the dub.
>>
>>121440530
1) Goku wasn't concerned about Freeza's army because he hardly knows anything about them, it's not really his job to do it. He's never been interested in being in control of anything other than a fight. Goku could probably clean up crime pretty well, but it's not his job to do it.
2) He was under the impression that Freeza would be too ashamed (read; scared) to try and fuck with him anymore.
3) He also says to Freeza that he shouldn't cause trouble anymore. If anyone heard about the warrior that trounced Freeza, they try to go call him.
>>
>>121440975
They probably cut their tails because it's a weak point.
Or maybe unlocking Super Saiyan triggers a reaction in the body that prevents the tail from growing again.
>>
>>121440723
That's also what I remembered, but thinking about it, didn't Emma said Dabura loved "hell" so he sent him to "heaven" ? Which implies it exists. Doesn't means it's anything like the one in the Anime filler. This shit was so retarded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiXxNbGGI4c
>>
>>121440834
More like since cell, considering it was basically villain roulette before everyone just LET CELL WIN like five fucking times in a row.
>>
>>121440630
Hell (地獄).
>>
>>121440930
Whys that?
>>
>>121440875
He's half-Human, so I guess that means he can still have Human disadvantages. Chi-chi kept him reading books for most of his childhood, so he probably developed near-sightedly. We all know people in the DBZ world mostly use Ki to sense things during a fight anyway.

>>121440908
Well obviously Goku is going to get pissed off when his friend dies. He's not a cold-blooded asshole.

Goku being dumb about his enemies is what makes his character so amazing. He's satisfied just being able to beat strong people in a fight, he doesn't want to kill them. In fact, he wants them to live so they can get stronger and thus give Goku more of a fight later on. If he cared about killing people who threatened his world, he never would have given Freezer a bit of his power to live, and he never would have given Cell a Senzu Bean. It was like, "this amazingly powerful bad guy is going to destroy Earth, but Goku gave him a Senzu Bean? Is he crazy?!," how is that boring?
>>
Speaking of Goku's status as the MC its pretty boring that Goku keeps getting handed new forms like he was Ichigo. Now SSJ3 was one thing, but even then it wasn't the same as it being revealed only saiyans were capable of becoming literal GODS by having a bunch of other saiyans circlejerk them to divinity including a fetus in the womb. If anything the God thing could have been used as a grand leveler to deal with the cancerous power level wank, bring everyone who's worthy to a new baseline so they can all get some proper fights in again not just the saiyans.
>>
>>121440908
He doesn't say that at all.
Stop quoting the shitty dub script.
>>
>>121441095
After the power-up he had in the Buu saga, he doesn't need SSJ to use all his power (which makes him stronger than a SSJ3).
>>
>>121441102
Not any Saiyans but good hearted Saiyans which was hard to find.
>>
>>121441060
Nah, thats less retarded because Pikkon was actually a cool fighter. Had sweet special moves.
>>
File: ehh.png (47 KB, 187x187) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ehh.png
47 KB, 187x187
>>121441067
> Cell says he will torture the hell guy, then he directly tries to kill him
> Freezer's eyelashes
> Fucking Freezer being impressed that Goku beated the Ginyu forces and think that means he became much much stronger
> Pikkon rekt improved Cell who is SSJ2 tier even tough he got beaten by a SSJ1 Goku

What the hell were they even thinking when they wrote this shit.
>>
>>121439926
>villain goes on a training arc
Neato. I would love some bullshit cop out like Freeza has his own time chamber.
>>
>>121441033
Its only a weak point before you train it. Goku, Vegeta and Nappa were all unaffected by grabbing their tails.
>>
They should bring back Raditz and Nappa, too, and finally make them Super Saiyajin. Settle once and for all what happens to Nappa's bald head when he transforms.
>>
>>121441251
Pfft might as well, make them all super saiyan gods.

Infact just get rid of everyone who isn't a saiyan,

Keep Gohan around to be the new mook that gets slapped around to show how big a deal the new enemy is.
>>
>>121441293
>Keep Gohan around to be the new mook that gets slapped around to show how big a deal the new enemy is.
Hilariously, that will always be Vegeta.
>>
>>121441099
Then why did he care about killing enemies as a kid, including an enemy that killed krillin, yet turned into such a halfassed idiot as an adult.
>>
>>121441427
When did he ever care about killing anyone as a kid, exactly?
>>
>>121441251
Can you imagine SS3 Nappa?
Hell, even SS3 Raditz? I bet his hair would be like three times his body lenght!
>>
I just now noticed that Freeza has his mechanical body in Hell. Maybe the panel showing him in pieces takes place in Hell? Maybe part of his punishment is reliving his death over and over again?
>>
>>121441485
Tambourine?
He later flat out MURDERS Drum effortlessly with a single kick to the head.
And it was mentioned before he snuffed the Red Ribbon guy in the robot suit and King Piccolo in battle.
>>
>>121441251

Since we recently had all that stuff about Bardock and Gine, plus now mentioning hell for the new movie, it'd be nice for a family reunion where Raditz and Goku's parents are chilling in hell.
>>
>>121441485
Could be explained by "he began to understand the importance of life", but that's still retarded. Reread Dragon Ball, he kills ton of people, like the black vice president of the red ribbon army.
>>
>>121438943

A Pan raised by Piccolo would be something to look forward to.
>>
>>121441557

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yROQia-s4eQ&hd=1
>>
File: Tambourine's_death.png (105 KB, 320x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Tambourine's_death.png
105 KB, 320x240
>>121441625
You missed out the part where the kid nukes him as he tried to flee
>>
>>121441060
Why is Goku's hair and aura all super saiyan-y but his hair is still black? Were they too lazy to color it?
>>
>>121441681

It was hard enough finding just that part in its original language.
>>
>>121441724
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi1R2K76heg
>>
File: 1133461.jpg (878 KB, 2340x1620) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1133461.jpg
878 KB, 2340x1620
>>121441495

>>121441557
>Tambourine
You got me on that one. He did basically disintegrate him.
>>
File: Fusion Reborn.gif (979 KB, 500x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Fusion Reborn.gif
979 KB, 500x600
I AM THE ONE WHO WILL DEFEAT YOU
>>
Maybe goku's brain damage got worse as he got older or he just turned into a selfish moralfag after training with Kami.
>>
>>121440630
10/10

This is incredible.
>>
>>121441835

He probably realized that the amount of people with a powerlevel worth of a fight decreased to the single digits really fucking fast and was careful about snuffing them out too quickly.
>>
>>121441887
I like this explanation. I'm going to go with it.
>>
>>121441887
That isn't the kind of man who should be gettin free powerups out of plot convenience.

It sucks how Goghan kept getting jobbed and made into a retard so Goku could be the one to save the day.
>>
>>121438967
Damn, that page looks great
>>
Did Battle of Gods get a manga like Ro"F" is getting?
>>
>>121438943
>Sense Shenlong being summoned
>Everyone flies to scene within 30 seconds.
>Sees Frieza revived from first wish
>Beat the shit out of him for the third time
>Use 2nd wish to revive him again
>Beat the shit out of him for the fourth time
>>
>>121441986

Gohan has always been a retard. If he was raised and trained like Goku wanted, we'd have shorter story arcs.
>>
>>121440339
Wasnt the final battle with Buu in the other realm? (where everyone who is dead can see Buu's power? Including Freeza?)
>>
Gohan look like Shinichi from Parasyte (in the anime)
>>
>>121442182
The villain's watching the buu fight was anime filler, just like the afterlife fighters like Olibu watching.

Evil people were stated to lose their bodies upon death in the Buu saga, Vegeta asked Piccolo if he would see Goku when he sacrificed himself against Fat buu
>>
>>121438919
Well he lasted long didn't he?
For a guy that's on the poster.
>>
>>121441986
But the Cell Saga was all about Gohan. Unless you mean after that. In which case, yeah, he kind of became a scholar rather than a fighter.
>>
>>121442249
Goku still got made into the one taking exploding Cell to the afterlife and then pulling out the father-son kamehameha assist to finish super cell even then. Buu saga gohan was made into a dumbass who couldn't even catch an earring despite his superspeed.
>>
>>121442329
To this day i'm still baffled
>ok so we have three wishes and there's Kid Buu to beat
>let's revive everyone being killed by any villain since the tournament (so even the ones killed by Vegeta) to gather the energy nessary to beat him
>the earthlings will listen to a random guy sucking their energies out
>um,that's a quite complicated wish,may take a while
>how about something simpler,like BRINGING FUCKING GOHAN THERE
>nope
>vegetamastertactictian.jpg
>>
File: 1346752961107.jpg (23 KB, 250x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1346752961107.jpg
23 KB, 250x250
>>121442329
>Buu saga gohan was made into a dumbass who couldn't even catch an earring despite his superspeed
>>
>>121442484
They knew Gohan would just do something retarded and get absorbed
>>
>>121440590
No, it wasn't because the reason he spared Freeza and Vegeta is the same reason he spared Piccolo. The minute they tried to do something bad, he'd kick their ass.

Moron.
>>
>>121442115
This would be fucking great.
>>
>>121438943
Fuck, at this point Piccolo might as well wish for a penis so he can fuck Chichi and fully take Goku's spot in his family.
>>
>>121442702
This. Never again are they letting him handle things after Cell.
>>
>>121442702
>>121442633
Its not really funny how all the characters that weren't goku got shit on as time passed, heck most of them are more interesting in one way or another than him but got treated even worse than sidecharacters in Naruto or Bleach.
>>
>>121441060
Dammit, that filler arc was such horseshit. Having Pikkon own Cell in a matter of seconds when it took everything Goku and Gohan had to beat him, only for Goku to beat Pikkon in the tournament in the end? Horseshit.
>>
>>121443447
>Bleach.

I can't think of a single Dragonball character that's got shittied on more than Orihime and Chad, from Bleach.

Yamcha, Puar, Oolong, Kuririn, Yajirobe, Tenshinhan and Chaiotsu, at their worst, still proved to be helped during the story arcs they were introduced in.

Kubo made a point to put aside whole story arcs for Chad and Orihime JUST to play up how useless they are.

I can't really take Naruto to task, by comparison, since the character got to do something, even they were proven worthless, in the long run.

Rock Lee, Shikamaru, Chouji, Neji, Ino, Tenten, Guy, etc. all got to fight somewhere in the show, instead of just showing up to get one-shotted or killed off; that's about even for what the non-Goku characters in Dragon Ball got, as the series went on. And even then, at least Toriyama gave enough shits about his characters to give them a passing mention years later, without resorting to Data Books, like Kubo has done.
>>
>>121443831
Pikkon didn't use his flame aura in the tournament
>>
File: ohwait.jpg (28 KB, 363x310) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ohwait.jpg
28 KB, 363x310
>>121443845
>Yamcha, Puar, Oolong, Kuririn, Yajirobe, Tenshinhan and Chaiotsu, at their worst, still proved to be helped during the story arcs they were introduced in.
>>
File: whoops i forgot.jpg (88 KB, 500x670) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
whoops i forgot.jpg
88 KB, 500x670
>>121443845
>at least Toriyama gave enough shits about his characters to give them a passing mention years later, without resorting to Data Books, like Kubo has done.
>>
>>121443845
Here's my reply, good job.
>>
>>121443845
>Yamcha, Puar, Oolong, Kuririn, Yajirobe, Tenshinhan and Chaiotsu, at their worst, still proved to be helped during the story arcs they were introduced in.

By comparison, Fullbring arc was supposed to be Chad and Orihime's, but it just turned into a circlejerk about Ichigo and shitty Soul Society Captains.

Fuck Kubo and fuck Bleach.
>>
File: launch01.webm (524 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
launch01.webm
524 KB, 1280x960
>>121443983
I fucking love Launch
>>
>>121443983
>>at least Toriyama gave enough shits about his characters to give them a passing mention years later, without resorting to Data Books, like Kubo has done.

Except Toriyama actually mentions the fact that Lunch went to settle down with Tien, but couldn't stand the farm life, so went back to a life a crime.
>>
>>121444323
fffffffffffffffffffuuuug
>>
>>121443956
>>121443983
Not to mention at least Bleach and Naruto have a small selection of bitches who can fight a little, actually have boss fights with lesser antagonists.

Even 18 was worthless and didn't do much of note after breaking Vegeta's arm and she was stronger than any of the earthlings.. did she even attack Buu alongside Krillin and Yamcha at the lookout?
>>
>>121441368
It was goku in the latest movie, SSJ3 got btfo.
>>
File: launch02.webm (336 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
launch02.webm
336 KB, 1280x960
>>121444412
Roshi is a man of fine taste
>>
>>121443845
>I can't think of a single Dragonball character that's got shittied on more than Orihime and Chad, from Bleach.

People bitch about Yamcha jobbing, but at least he's won a notable fight, which is more than you can say about Chad.
>>
>>121444329
So... the exact same thing you're accusing Kubo of?
Toriyama completely forgot about her and threw out something belated later on outside the series itself to explain why she completely vanished.
The anime crew remembered her more than he did.
>>
>>121444272
>By comparison, Fullbring arc was supposed to be Chad and Orihime's

It's pretty sad how Aizen talks up Orihime's powers, only for them to not only be completely useless when it really counts, but fails spectacularly for the sake of plot.
>>
>>121444494
>notable fight
>against a mook and even got helped by roshi
I guess that privaron espada was a "notable enemy" too then
>>
>>121444494
Chad has one a number of fights against notable secondary antagonists
>>
>>121444460
>>121444323
It's too bad she was forgotten. Not every author can be as great as Oda when it comes to characters never being wasted or forgotten.
>>
>>121444631
Oda remembers more about Dragonball than Toriyama does, remember the interview with both of them?
>>
>>121444499
That's the version of the story I have as well.

He forgot and Launch was quickly written off. I do recall some kind of filler episode on Z being about Launch, but I don't remember any of it. On top of that

>implying I'll watch any of Z again since getting used to Kai's pacing
>>
>>121444460
hnnnnnnnngh dat perfect body.

and she's ditsy. ditsy girls are the best. what perfect storm happened to allow such a character to be born?
>>
>>121444499
>Toriyama completely forgot about her

No he didn't. He has her dialog on the page where Android 17 is shown holding up some poachers.

It was originally supposed to be Lunch, given technically 17 never met Son Goku, so when he says "Ah, that's a voice I haven't heard in a long time." it makes zero sense.

Toriyama actually requests they fix it for the anime release that came a year later. The only character he forgot is Tao Pai Pai, but that was 10+ years after Dragon Ball ended with that duo interview with the author from One Piece.
>>
File: launch03.webm (676 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
launch03.webm
676 KB, 1280x960
>>121444631
Indeed. I didn't see all of Dragon Ball yet, so I'm wondering these things about Launch

>did her family also suffer from her condition?
>and what if she had children? would they also change when they sneeze?
>>
>>121444839
You're full of shit mate, nothing was "fixed"
>>
>>121443983

>Toriyama forgot Launch

Notthisshitagain.jpg
>>
>>121444891
those socks make me rock hard too.
>>
>>121444891
I don't believe either of those questions were ever answered, unfortunately.
>>
>>121444891
Her scenes with Tien were pretty cute.

>blonde Launch blushing
>>
>>121445070
Too bad Toriyama is shitty when it comes to any sort of romantic development or characterization, wasn't that the stated reason why he basically had people get together in timeskips.
>>
>>121444949
>You're full of shit mate, nothing was "fixed"

Lunch was added to the anime during the scene where everyone is Goku their energy in a separate scene.

>>121444839

Next to 'when DBZ was supposed to end', 'Toriyama's bad memory' is the only thing more exaggerated by DBZ fans. Considering Dragon Ball was running on a week-to-week schedule, often with only a two-chapter buffer between the weekly releases, it's amazing Toriyama didn't forget a lot more things during Dragon Ball's run.
>>
>>121445161
Yeah, and the anime staff added her to the anime in the saiyan saga too, thats not because of Toriyama.
>>
>>121445161
>Next to 'when DBZ was supposed to end'
I love this one because I actually used to feel this way.

Based on no evidence whatsoever, it just appeared (from the anime adaptation, no less) that Goku was supposed to die on namek.

Then I read the manga and realized how ridiculous that was.
>>
>>121444494
>Because Yamucha only fought against formidable opponents
I like how nostalgia googles make people unable to notice how shitty and senile Toriyama is.
>>
>>121439944
>Goku tells frieza he'll show him power no amount of training can overcome

its like poetry
>>
>>121441368
vegeta did better than both goku and gohan in BoG
>>
>>121445758
Dragon ball started alright but in the end the series is almost as bad as naruto in some ways. It just came first.
>>
>>121445758
>I like how nostalgia googles make people unable to notice how shitty and senile Toriyama is.

Alternatively, only someone completely delusional will blindly defend what Kubo has done to the human characters in Bleach.
>>
>>121438893
I swear to god if we get this scene and battle point unlimited isn't playing there will have been no point to any of this
>>
>>121445854
Chad has still won more fights than yamcha or chiaotzu. Also he's died less.
>>
>>121439926
Thinking about it logically, I guess it makes sense.
Freeza has always been arrogant about his strength, and I got the impression he was always that strong and didn't really work for it.

If he applied himself and trained, he could be pretty fucking strong.
>>
File: yajirobe.png (312 KB, 576x432) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
yajirobe.png
312 KB, 576x432
>>121445845
Pretty much and I still like it due to nostalgia and muh childhood .

>>121445854
I'm not the bleachfag anon and bleach is pretty bad at one time it was alright but it went to total shit.

Since we are talking about forgotten characters by senile Toriyama there's also this dude.
>>
File: freeza.png (359 KB, 481x361) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
freeza.png
359 KB, 481x361
>>121445907
>comparing people to yamcha

HOW RUDE
>>
>>121445928
Doesn't really make sense that he could go from weaker than ss1 goku to as strong as the current goku through brief training.

How long does he even have to train after being revived on earth by the dragonballs before they find him?
>>
>>121445928
Exactly why I love the concept.

Frieza was a mutant - an outlier. He was the strongest in the universe for no reason but fate. The Super Saiyans -what he feared most- ended up taking his life, and now that he's been gifted new life, he has the chance to train his body and mind for the challenge of killing the man who humiliated him.

I think it's beautiful.
>>
>>121445989
Yamcha jokes are tired and boring, he wasn't even the weakest member of the Z-fighters.
>>
>>121446021
King Colds power was bigger than Freizas.
>>
File: 1418367451584.png (422 KB, 640x1147) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418367451584.png
422 KB, 640x1147
>>121445070
Oh, god, that happens? I can't wait.
>>
File: FINAL FLASH.gif (497 KB, 494x275) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
FINAL FLASH.gif
497 KB, 494x275
Super Saiyan God Vegeta vs 250% Freeza
>>
>>121446074
He was only in his first form too
>>
>>121438886
>Frieza isn't given some kind of power up from a new character like an evil god or demon, it's just "well if I train that means I can get stronger quickly"
>Beerus suddenly can't do shit because he has a cold
>Whis apparently chooses to do nothing to kill Frieza

Yep, sounds like Toriyama alright. Not that I'm complaining but I expected more.
>>
>>121446006
It makes sense when you understand the greater SSJ transformations are kind of useless. They fit the situations at hand, but in a fight against someone who knew what he was doing (Bills) they were just too slow. SSJ 3, for example, worked against Buu. That's because Buu let himself get hit due to his regeneration powers. He didn't give a fuck. Frieza would be way too fast for that - similar to Bills.

The real question is can Frieza tap into the same mindset Goku found after experiencing Super Saiyan God? Why the hell not? I'm a fan of that potential asspull.
>>
GT worth watching? I think I stopped at episode 3 when it was currently airing.
>>
>>121446156
>implying they won't resolve this by revealing whis was frieza this whole time
>>
>>121446074
Well okay. They were both mutants, though. Let's just say his family line was the strongest in the universe to satisfy that retcon. You knew what I meant.
>>
>>121444494
>People bitch about Yamcha jobbing, but at least he's won a notable fight, which is more than you can say about Chad.

Even if you ignore the characters fighting record, at least Yamcha, Tien and Krillin still hang out with Goku and try to help, when shit goes down.

In Bleach, Ichigo barely sees his human friends anymore. I recall the chapter where Aizen attacks the real Karakura town being one of the best ones, since at see Mizuiro throwing pipe-bombs and shit at Aizen, for all the good it did. It's a shame that guy, Tatsuki and Keigo didn't get special powers, because they were a hell of a lot better characters than the shitload of Soul Society characters that get focus wasted on them.
>>
>>121446201
>>121446140
King Colds power is weaker than freizas.
>>
So,let me get this straight, Freeza could become Buu tier with few days of training,but decided to exterminate the strongest race of soldiers of his army instead?
Jesus this is not any less retarded than the Broly movies.
>>
>>121445978
>Since we are talking about forgotten characters by senile Toriyama there's also this dude.

What about Yajirobe. We see that fat fucker whenever they go to get senzu beans.

Since he didn't give a shit about fighting or defending the Earth in the first place, it make sense he fucked off back to Korin's tower.
>>
>>121446190
>whis fuses with frieza
>>
>>121446237
Freeza is about to become Beerus-tier.
>>
>>121446165
Except thats total nonsense, being SSJ 2 or 3 makes you faster than the previous forms

You are thinking of Trunks and Vegetas Ultra super saiyan mode.

Bills won because he was stronger and faster.
>>
>>121446237
>lazy guy takes the laziest option

what are you saying anon?

>>121446280
I'm pretty sure they'd turn into a jojo character if that happened to represent the overflowing metrosexuality
>>
>>121446156
We don't know the plot of the movie, yet. Goku and Vegeta could be on a level with Freeza, turning this into nothing more than sport. There might be no reason for those two to intervene.

Just my opinion.

Goku was shown fighting Freeza in base form. Perhaps Goku and Vegeta greatly outclass Freeza, and killing him is no problem, but he was granted eternal life by the dragon balls, and they have to discover a more creative way of stopping him than simply sending him to the spawn point?
>>
Frieza is only like a hundred years old, I find it hard to believe that Beerus was able to form a strong impression before going into another sleep cycle. I mean frieza comes across as a total gentlemen.
>>
>>121446229
>In Bleach, Ichigo barely sees his human friends anymore.

That's because Kubo is busy making Ichigo a billion and one things, he doesn't have time to hang out with his faggot friends when he can be hanging out with some else getting them sweet power ups that are going to be used once or twice and forgotten.
>>
>>121446237
He was already leagues stronger than everyone else he knew. He didn't have a reason to train.
>>
>>121446237
>not realizing that pretty much every villain except for Imperfect Cell and Super Buu were complete retards

Come on anon, Frieza isn't Aizen. You. Can't expect any sort of original thought from this guy.
>>
File: shotgun farmer.jpg (24 KB, 473x345) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
shotgun farmer.jpg
24 KB, 473x345
>>121445928
Yeah I don't know why people is sperging over this Freeza training it sounds retard but that's how it works in DBverse.

>>121446006
>>121446021
>>121446279

This movie is a legit scenario WHAT IF FREEZA WANTED TO GO UNDER TRAINING TO BECOME EVEN STRONGER dude was a monster almost SSJ tier by doing nothing his whole.

If you idiots still didn't get it just remember at the beginning of saiyan saga Goku had as much powerlevel as a random farmer with a shotgun and by the end of the series he had to fight on other planet because he could easily evaporate the whole earth.

If you still think Freeza being powerful as fuck after training is an asspull you are an idiot.
>>
>>121446410
>If you idiots still didn't get it just remember at the beginning of saiyan saga Goku had as much powerlevel as a random farmer with a shotgun

good b8
>>
>>121446156
>>121446325
Why the hell would Whis and Bills intervene and fight for Goku? They are neutral party, not his goddman babysitters.
>>
>Sorbet: “Son Goku has become strong enough to defeat Majin Buu.”

>Freeza: “That’s more than I imagined. But I’m a prodigy, so if I bring out all of my dormant power through training, I’ll crush even the Saiyans in the blink of an eye.”

How did Freeza knew about Majin Buu?
And seriously?
>If I train I'll get stronger than them!

Come the fuck on, Toriyama.
>>
>>121446410
>If you idiots still didn't get it just remember at the beginning of saiyan saga Goku had as much powerlevel as a random farmer with a shotgun

Er, what?
>>
>>121446410
Settle down fanboy.
There has never been any strong logic to power levels in DBZ.
>>
>>121446468
Freeza was in HELL, anon. I'm sure they mentioned it to him someway or another.
>>
>>121446404
>aizen
>not a complete retard
>didn't even use his shikai agianst ichigo
>>
>>121446472

Yeah ... Goku even had a PL of 10 at the beginning of series, so that was just retardation speaking.
>>
>>121440975
>>121441060
Or pretending Bra/Bulla never existed
>>
>>121446410
Goku had olympics feats as a fucking 6 year old. Common farmer my ass
>>
First Search for the Dragon Balls
Goku: 10 Daizenshuu 7-p.82
– Ōzaru: 100 Daizenshuu 7-p.82
Kame-Sen’nin: less than 139 Calculated: Daizenshuu 7-p.82
Umigame: 0.001 Dragon Ball Z Episode 008
Pilaf: 40 Dragon Ball Z Movie 03 Pamphlet
Shuu: 20 Dragon Ball Z Movie 03 Pamphlet
Mai: 20 Dragon Ball Z Movie 03 Pamphlet

The Battle with Raditz
Farmer: 5 Dragon Ball Chapter 195
Oolong: 10 Dragon Ball Z Movie 03 Pamphlet
Pu’er: 10 Dragon Ball Z Movie 03 Pamphlet
Lunch: 18 Dragon Ball Z Movie 03 Pamphlet
Goku (wearing heavy clothing): 334 Dragon Ball Chapter 199
– heavy clothing removed: 416 Dragon Ball Chapter 199
– firing a Kamehameha: 924 and rising Dragon Ball Chapter 201
Piccolo (wearing heavy clothing): 322 Dragon Ball Chapter 195
– heavy clothing removed: 408 Dragon Ball Chapter 199
– while charging the Makankōsappō: 1,020-1,030 Dragon Ball Chapter 201
– with the Makankōsappō fully charged: 1,330 Dragon Ball Chapter 201
– firing the Makankōsappō a second time: 1,480 Dragon Ball Z Episode 005
Gohan: 710 Dragon Ball Chapter 199
– angry: 1,307 Dragon Ball Chapter 203
– after attacking Raditz: 1 Dragon Ball Chapter 203
Raditz: 1,500 Daizenshuu 7-p.82; Weekly Shōnen Jump
>>
>>121446410
mexican detected
>>
>>121446562
There's no way Oolong and Puar were ever as strong as Goku was at the start of the series

The worst idea Toriyama ever had was introducing specific numbers to mark characters "combat strength"
>>
>>121446459
Beerus mentioned that given the opportunity he'd kill frieza because he thought he was an asshole even by Berrus's standards.
>>
>>121446677
As if Goku and Vegeta would allow that to happen.

Watch them pull some rock paper scissors action to see who gets to put Frieza away.
>>
>>121446677
Berry is more of a petulant bully, as well as a fuckin babby throwing tantrums.
>>
>>121446562
>oolong is now able to run 100m in 8 seconds
>>
File: goku.png (383 KB, 900x659) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
goku.png
383 KB, 900x659
>>121446562
At least one anon gets it.

Goku was sent to earth because his shitty 10 (ten) powerlevel and after training and shit he's now a saiyan god that can easily destroy planets.

>yet people is buttblasted because freeza got stronger after training
>>
>>121446562
>Pilaf: 40 Dragon Ball Z Movie 03 Pamphlet
>Shuu: 20 Dragon Ball Z Movie 03 Pamphlet
>Mai: 20 Dragon Ball Z Movie 03 Pamphlet

Fucking what? If there is any indication power levels are bullshit, it's right here.
>>
toryiama doesnt write the promotional material guys

please do not fall for pamphlet lies
>>
>>121446833
Didn't that get retconned and now Goku has Superman's exact same backstory?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at imagescucc@gmail.com with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.