[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
General Death Parade discussion thread Also Just finished watching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 12
File: DP.jpg (50 KB, 851x471) Image search: [Google]
DP.jpg
50 KB, 851x471
General Death Parade discussion thread
Also
Just finished watching the first episode of this. What the fuck's with the ending? [Spoiler] Wasn't the husband worse than the wife? [/Spoiler]
>>
Go watch the second episode. Decim fucked up.
>>
>>120129075
Decim made the right call for the wrong reasons
>>
>>120128987
>Wasn't the husband worse than the wife?
In what way? Fundamentally the only thing he did wrong was drive off a cliff. Reincarnating gave him a second shot at building a family.
>>
>streaming

kill yourself
>>
What are you doing
>>
>>120129197
He exhibited a much worse attitude toward people during the game.

Also, how the fuck did Decim not know if the woman is lying? He has her memories. If she knows whose baby it is, so does he.
>>
>>120128987
>streaming
>General
>fucking up spoilers
Kill yourself
>>
>>120130125
I was wondering the same thing.
>>
>>120128987

dat OP though.

http://a.pomf.se/bwvkqo.webm
>>
>>120130212
k
>>
I genuinely do not understand how Decim "fucked up." I'm not even trying to Frodo or anything. I just have no idea what he did wrong.

I might have been too tired to have properly understand the point, but it flew right over my head.
>>
C
U
C
K
>>
>>120130125
being negative to people in a stressing situation just proves he isn't good under pressure, not that he is a bad person

the whole memory thing isn't foolproof, supposedly, since as they explain it, "they see the whole life as if through a kaleidoscope" though it really is just a cop out to make it all controversial
>>
>>120130125
The whole "logical" aspect of the show is poorly written as hell, I just suspended disbelief and enjoyed the show.
>>
>>120130720
he believed in an obvious lie and considered it part of the valid reasons why he made his final judgement.
>>
>>120128987
>stream shit
>manual spoiler

Why don't people lurk before posting or making a thread?
>>
>>120130836
Which lie? That the wife was cheating?

Didn't that end up being true?
>>
>>120128987
no
>>
>>120130899
That the baby wasn't his.
>>
>>120130899
no, that was true, but she made it out to be that she more of a villain than she may have been
>>
>>120130720
He didn't understand that Machiko's speech at the end was a complete and utter lie to make Takashi focus his hatred from himself - for killing his wife and unborn child due to his paranoia - on her.
She cheated once, but that was after they got married, she didn't marry him for his money, she genuinely loved him and wanted to have a life with him.

Decim's screw up was taking everything she said at face value and basing his judgement on that. He completely misread the situation.

Whether the judgement was correct or not and which one deserved to go to the Void more is ultimately irrelevant, the thing that matters was that Decim based his judging on entirely wrong facts.
>>
>>120128987
She was after his money from the start. He made a proposal to her saying he wanted to make her happy. She was confounded, it was the first time she realized someone could love her. A little after she cheated on her husband. She felt incredibly guilty. She realized she was wrong and wanted to stay with her husband.

Husband hears talk of his potential gold digging wife. He realized he is in too far. During the honeymoon jealousy finally grips him and in state of anger accidentally got them killed. It was unfortunate and tragic, however it was by accident.

She is in the wrong. She cheated on him. Although she felt guilty the husband's only wrong was being not confronting the situation right. Their deaths was by accident.
>>
>>120130730
CUCK
U
C
K
>>
>>120130949
>>120130976
>>120130991

I see.

Thanks for explaining it to me. It's been a long day of catching up on most of the season, and I didn't catch on.
>>
>>120131001
>She was after his money from the start.
No she wasn't, you idiot.

>Their deaths was by accident.
No, their deaths were due to Takshi's stupidity of grabbing at his wife's phone while he was driving on a cliffside road. That's not a fucking accident.
>>
>>120131001
>A little after she wasn't able to forget the sex with her ex because she's a smooth operator
>>
>>120130741
>being negative to people in a stressing situation just proves he isn't good under pressure, not that he is a bad person
He was always the one escalating things and being spiteful and trying to attack.
The wife cheated on her husband. The husband risked his wife's life when he suspected only one of them could survive (after they'd both agreed to not hit targets), killed his wife's fetus because he suspects it isn't his, and tried to kill her afterward.
>>
>>120131092
>stupidity of grabbing at his wife's phone while he was driving on a cliffside road. That's not a fucking accident.
i think you don't know what "accident" means. he sure as hell didn't intend to kill anybody, much less himself
>>
>>120131092
>No she wasn't, you idiot.
The friend's were talking about it. They said they machiko was after him because he was a well esteemed handsome doctor. And that she was lucky to snag him.

When the husband finally proposed she felt guilty as fuck. When she went to see her other man and fucked, she felt incredibly guilty afterwards.

>>120131092
He did not plan to drive off the cliff you idiot. It's manslaughter at most. It wasn't murder. He did not mean it.
>>
>>120131092
You don't know what accident means.
>>
>>120131001
Does no one realize that the wife was telling the truth about the friend who'd married a doctor? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>120131179
i guess you missed the parts where she lied to him about things to provoke his attack in the end
>>
>>120129075
>Decim fucked up.

This literally fucked the show up for me. A promising first ep gets completely railroaded by stupid characters.

retarded show.
>>
File: welp.jpg (69 KB, 604x340) Image search: [Google]
welp.jpg
69 KB, 604x340
>>
This threads are going to be the new retarded central.
Can't wait till half of /a/ doesn't get the ending.
>>
>>120131265
He was trying to continue the game in order to win - when he thought whoever lost would die - before any of that. I'm judging him pretty harshly for that.

Even in your scenario, he, in a fit of disbelief over both being dead and what he had done, was accusing his wife of not loving him and of trying to pass someone else's baby off as his. She responds to this by trying to make him feel better (not that that made any sense, but I guess that's the canonical interpretation). He responds to the "revelation" that the child actually isn't his and that the woman he's been haranguing, has just killed by accident, and just intentionally tried to have killed (albeit indirectly) doesn't actually love him by attempting to murder her violently. He's not the ideal man of the house.
>>
File: skyhigh_v01c05_226_227.jpg (235 KB, 1456x1047) Image search: [Google]
skyhigh_v01c05_226_227.jpg
235 KB, 1456x1047
>judging whether or not people should go to the void or reincarnation
>these characters can make mistakes

Fucking retarded. Read skyhigh if you want some way better than this garbage trash.

>if you get murdered you get sent to inbetween area
>choose between murder, reincarnation, become a ghost
>murder let's you get revenge, you get sent to hell/void
>reincarnation so you can start anew
>become a ghost for whatever reason you choose (the chapters that choose this are great)

Pic related, bitch gets revenge.
>>
>>120131243
>the truth about the friend who'd married a doctor
>maiden name
>denying having an affair
>>
>streaming
>can't spoiler
>can't even use catalog to see there's already a thread up
>wrong about everything
Slut defense force confirmed for retarded newfags and crossboarders.
>>
>>120131428
The way this started off, the finale'll be a hundred people arriving somehow and taking ten hours of screentime to describe all the ways they fucked each other over.
>>
>>120131092
>calls someone else an idiot
>doesn't understand what accident means

What a retard...
>>
>>120131442
>She responds to this by trying to make him feel better (not that that made any sense
she figured it would be better for him to hate her for eternity in the void rather than despair at killing them all
>>
>>120131514
>inb4 the whole show is just this game
>>
>>120131564
>>
>>120130720
He did nothing wrong. The other two were being retarded and shouldn't said anything. Decim is a smart man and knew not to waste time trying to reason with them.
>>
Why do people keep taking the wife's side?

Don't they understand that no matter what understanding of morality they're coming from (except consequentialism, but even then it's quite a stretch) they cannot reasonably defend the wife's actions.

There is no reasonable argument to be made to defend the wife.
>>
>>120131461
>Fucking retarded.
Why is it retarded?
>>
>>120131442
>He's not the ideal man of the house.
no one is arguing that point, but he believed that she was someone who he put his trust in and betrayed him to the core, then walks away scot free. some people would not take that lightly. he was able to reign in his jealousy while alive because his trust/love was greater than his suspicion. that's why he never abused her or made accusations without evidence. with his suspicions confirmed by the words from her mouth, it tore his mind to shreds because the thought of the betrayal wounded him so deeply
>>
File: 1421528755398.gif (702 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1421528755398.gif
702 KB, 480x360
Decim couldn't see Machiko's face just before she goes off on Takashi. The new girl is sitting on the opposite side of Mackiko just before she starts lying, so she was able to see her face and deduce that she was.

Takashi is said to have a soul incapable of trusting others, meaning that even in reincarnation it would be exceedingly difficult to live a happy life. This is later realized by the short white haired girl at the end of ep 2. This is why she starts out saying the new girl did pretty well at first, but after realizing the truth takes it back and says she still has a ways to go.
>>
>>120131694
Because she sacrificed herself for her husband.
She chose to be hated instead of letting him know the fact that he killed his own son. That's noble as fuck.
>>
File: Pouting intensified.png (920 KB, 3000x2126) Image search: [Google]
Pouting intensified.png
920 KB, 3000x2126
Why the hell did Buddah hire a sociopath as an Arbiter?
>>
NONA = ANON
>>
>>120131849

So he could play matchmaker and try and hook him up with the black haired lady.
>>
>>120131760
>souls can stop cheating but not learn to trust
>>
>>120131797
>Because she sacrificed herself for her husband.
She had no idea one of them would go to void or be reincarnated.

>That's noble as fuck.
Wow, that's so noble coming from someone who cheated on him. There's nothing noble about what she did, especially considering they were already dead.
>>
>>120131754
>>120131694
If you heard on the news that a wife had cheated on her husband once and that the husband had murdered her, would you defend the husband (pretending you can defend only one, I mean)?
>>
>>120131797
>cheating whore
>not someone else's son
>implying she didn't cheat multiple times
And even then, since she chose to hide it up until the very end, he had every reason to believe she cheated on him multiple times and thus it was not his son. In the end it's all her fault.
>>
>>120131797
>Because she sacrificed herself for her husband.

No she didn't. She lied at the end to insure her husband won't feel like shit for sending them to the void.

Obviously if he knew the truth the outcome would be the same. She would still be sent to the void and he would screaming and crying that they should take him instead. But they won't.

>>120131940
But he didn't murder her.
>>
>>120131891
So Buddah is E-harmony?
>>
>>120131873
Nona understands people, though. And is actually a grill. So maybe the backwards means she's our opposite?
>>
>>120131940
"murdered her" just her? if there is proof, there is proof. what needs to be defended?
>>
>>120131965

When hes bored....yes.
>>
>>120131929
>She had no idea one of them would go to void or be reincarnated.
Yet, she knew their lives were on the game. Even if she thought it'd be her demise or going to hell, she still sacrificed herself.
>Wow, that's so noble coming from someone who cheated on him. There's nothing noble about what she did, especially considering they were already dead.
She clearly deeply regretted it. Though I guess you ignored it since you're just baiting.
>>
>>120131964
>But he didn't murder her.
He killed her child, was willing to sacrifice her life for his own after persuading her to not try to hurt him more (during the game, I mean), and then he ran at her, knocked her over, and jumped at her with weapons in his hand.
>>
>>120131964
No, even Decim was surprised by what she did. It easily could have influenced his judgement.

>>120131951
Here is your reply :^).
>>
>>120132034
>She clearly deeply regretted it
there are different levels of regret. she didn't reach the deep part of that pool before they died
>>
Alright this is just trolling now. Fuck off.
>>
>>120132034
>Yet, she knew their lives were on the game. Even if she thought it'd be her demise or going to hell, she still sacrificed herself.

There is no evidence to suggest that she did know about a demise.

>She clearly deeply regretted it.

You don't know to what degree she regretted it. Besides, that's irrelevant. Actions speak louder than words. If she did regret it, she would have told the truth during the years.

>hurr durr baiting

Says the cuck.
>>
Even if she only cheated once, this is still a good reason to put her in hell.
>>
>>120132034
>Yet, she knew their lives were on the game. Even if she thought it'd be her demise or going to hell, she still sacrificed herself.
I do want to defend the wife, but I think she thought her victory had decided it by that point.
>>
>>120132075
none of that is murder, still
>>
>>120131922
I didn't say that. Watch the show, faggot. It practically holds your hand. The cheating is known the moment Decim receives the couple's memories, but his failure to draw this conclusion is his (and the new girl's) failure as an arbiter.
>>
>>120132136
>There is no evidence to suggest that she did know about a demise.
He clearly said their lives were at stake at the beggining. It is natural to think of one's own life.
>You don't know to what degree she regretted it. Besides, that's irrelevant. Actions speak louder than words. If she did regret it, she would have told the truth during the years.
She cheated on him after the marriage.
>Says the cuck.
I'm sorry, but I'm not moot or Louis C.K..
>>
>>120132153
It was only not murder because he was tricked about the loser dying and because a bartender used magic to stop him when he jumped on her.

Even if you refuse to concede murder, let's say a woman cheated and her husband beat her, making her lose the child, and then attempted to stab her - quite possibly fatally - before she escaped. Same question.
>>
>Nona said the guy literally can't trust anyone and therefore not be happy
>when someone says this here he is accused of being a cuck
Death Parade?
More like Delusional Parade.
>>
>>120131694
> (except consequentialism, but even then it's quite a stretch)
It's Japanese consequentialism, they were judging "this soul is better ==> it'll be likely to do well in a reincarnation ==> it's better to reincarnate it" rather than "this person is the good guy".
>>
>>120132261
how the hell are these hypotheticals even remotely related to the story at hand. you're not good at them. stop it and just discuss the story as it is.
>>
>>120132144
cheating/lying regret not repent vs suspicion (just)
if his is an untrusting soul
hers might just be a dishonest one; she neither communicated the truth
>>
>>120132260
>He clearly said their lives were at stake at the beggining. It is natural to think of one's own life.
When she acted "nobly", she already knew that they were dead.

>She cheated on him after the marriage.
The car accident didn't happen the day after. She had enough time to make amends.
>>
>>120132327
The guy had VERY good reasons not to trust his wife.
>>
>>120132335
Well he's a doctor. Even if he was a piece of shit, consequentialism demands that he'd be resurrected.
>>
>>120132261
let's do this: the story is that a man suspected his wife cheating on him, she seems to be avoiding certain phone calls he grabs it while driving and they both die. incidentally the woman was pregnant. was this murder?

this is the only hypothetical you need, because this is the fucking story
>>
>a wife who couldn't tell the truth but really wanted to do so
>a husband who can't trust anyone
Geez, it'd be a really good discussion to see who is better than who.

I wonder if the next case must be "This guy died when he was coming back from the orphanage after donating 1 million yen and was run over by a serial murder child rapist", since you guys love black and white situations so much and can't seem to grasp grey zones.
>>
>>120132415
See >>120132238
>could not trust others
>>
>>120132478
There was no grey zone because their is nothing redeemable about a cheating slut.
>>
>>120132339
>the story as it is
The woman cheated. The man tried to win against her in a game where he thought the loser died after making her think that no one would die. Upon finding out she'd cheated, he killed her fetus, tormented her, grappled with her, and then jumped on her and tried to stab her in the face but was forcibly restrained at the last minute.
How is the woman worse, again?
>>
>>120132478
>a wife who couldn't tell the truth
You're right here
>but really wanted to do so
>>
>>120132526
>>120132537
Cucks detected.
>>
>>120132451
I'm not talking about their physical deaths, you idiot.
>>
>>120132478
>a wife who couldn't tell the truth but really wanted to do so

There's no evidence that she did wanted to tell the truth during her life.

>a husband who can't trust anyone

He didn't trust his wife after hearing her friend's talk. Whether the friends were right or wrong, it's understanble that anyone would have thought that it was evidence for the wife's cheating.

That's it. The doctor didn't show any signs of not trusting other people.
>>
>>120128987
>Wasn't the husband worse than the wife?
kill yourself if you actually believe this
>>
>>120132516
That's fucking bullshit and just goes to show how poorly this show is actually written. There's nothing indicating he couldn't trust people, he merely held onto a suspicion after overhearing a conversation between two of his wife's friends in a situation they had no reason to lie that seemed to paint their situation perfectly. He didn't even really act on it until after she fucking cheated and began acting suspicious, if she hadn't already been cheating to begin with.
>>
>>120131965
Underrated post
>>
>>120132630
>oh no he proved I'm wrong
>better call the show writing shit and the writer himself is wrong, since I'm always correct.
>>
>>120132665
You're a retard.
>>
>>120132536
>The man tried to win against her in a game where he thought the loser died after making her think that no one would die
Only when he remembered that she was a cheater.

>>120132536
>Upon finding out she'd cheated, he killed her fetus, tormented her, grappled with her, and then jumped on her and tried to stab her in the face but was forcibly restrained at the last minute.

It's reasonable to be angry when your suspicions are confirmed.
>>
>>120132665
I'm not the same person, dumbshit, I'm commenting on how stupid and heavy handed the writing is. Nice greentexting, by the way.
>>
>>120132699
Yeah, sure. Reply when you find an instance where I called the writing shit instead of looking at what is written.
>>
Under sharia law is punishment for cheating once is death by stoning.
>>
>>120132665
He's right tho, either the show is badly written or the white haired girl is fucking retarded.

For the sake of the show's writing, I'll assume that the white haired girl is just dumb. But that still doesn't bode well for the show considering she's an arbiter.
>>
>>120132595
>The doctor didn't show any signs of not trusting other people.
this, nona didn't get any other memories we didn't see (or fuck this show is hiding more shit) so her conclusion much like everyone else in the show is biased.

>There's no evidence that she did wanted to tell the truth during her life.
>10 weeks in pregnant, still not telling him
>matchy couldn't break it off with her exbf
>cheating after marriage
>cucker blowing up her phone

better get that blood test
>>
>>120132699
He's right, though. The show is clearly saying the guy couldn't trust people, and given that his first reaction to hearing his wife's friends use a nickname that might be hers was to hide, that he sat there stewing about it for ages, and that he flew into blind rage about it and then went borderline delusional refusing to believe that it was his child, I'd say that's a reasonable claim for the show to make, especially when voiced by a character who literally knows all of the couple's memories.
>>
>>120132783
>sharia
Back to britain with you.
>>
What I want to know is what exactly is the void? I feel like there's more to it then just eternal darkness. Why do souls have to go there? They pick two random ones who died at the same time and they are required to put each in one elevator? Could they place two in reincarnation or two in the void? Is this how the universe maintains balance? Should I really be taking a show with this kind of OP seriously? I mean, they're all dancing around. It kind of kills the serious mood Death Billiards set up.
>>
>>120132792
Its not delusional if he was right and his wife really was a cheating slut.
>>
>>120132720
>Only when he remembered that she was a cheater.
No, he remembered that after he'd already hit her once on purpose, which was when he saw the image of his dead body in his mind.
>>120132720
>It's reasonable to be angry when your suspicions are confirmed.
So you'd send the wife who cheated to hell or prison or whatever, but not this husband (again, pretending you can only choose one)?
>>
>>120132879
It was his child, though, and at that point he had clearly bought her story about her not cheating and was trying to justify his actions.
>>
>>120132536
she cheated on him while they were both alive, shortly after their marriage, and pretended she never did anything wrong.
as for him, despite his paranoia, he kept it in check, never abusing her or accusing her without evidence because he loved her more than he suspected her.

in the game, she says things to provoke him, confirming his deepest fears, all the time he had to wrestle with his paranoia turned into torturous memories of betrayal

how much torture did he put her though again? how many memories of his flaws caused her doubt and fear? none, all of her pain was from her own actions
>>
>>120132886
>not sending them together to the void right after he beats the shit outta her
>>
http://strawpoll.me/3453147

Be back in 10.
>>
>>120132792
>The show is clearly saying the guy couldn't trust people,

No. A character from the show is saying that.

>given that his first reaction to hearing his wife's friends use a nickname that might be hers was to hide

They were suspicions. It wasn't strong evidence. And that's reasonable.

If he had brought them up to his wife, whether they were true or not, it's not unreasonable to think his wife would have called him paranoid.
>>
>>120132925
>It was his child, though
[citation needed] but yes she was pregnant
>>
>>120132792
>The show is clearly saying the guy couldn't trust people
By saying he had problems trusting his wife because of a conversation he heard and because she was acting suspicious after she cheated. There's nothing indicating he couldn't trust others.

>went borderline delusional refusing to believe that it was his child
Because he was about to go over the edge after learning they were dead. Jesus, people, it's like you've never heard of the stages of grief or something. Denying it was his kid was a defense mechanism to help him cope with the situation.

>I'd say that's a reasonable claim for the show to make
Claiming a person could never trust others based on what little information they had when she did cheat on him is fucking stupid. You might as well have said the wife would always cheat on her husband because souls can never change and if she cheated once, she'll cheat again.

>especially when voiced by a character who literally knows all of the couple's memories.
She doesn't, she only knows memories of pertaining to their death and it comes to them like a kaleidoscope. She has no idea what the rest of their lives were like. If she did, it'd make the fact that the wife lied even more retarded than it actually is when you have someone that knows everything she ever did not questioning the fact she only cheated on him once and that the baby is for sure Takahashi's when he can just look through her memories and see that she's fucking lying.
>>
>>120132941
>how much torture did he put her though again? how many memories of his flaws caused her doubt and fear? none, all of her pain was from her own actions
You can really easily turn this around and say that his own paranoia caused him his problems.

And unless we're going utilitarian, none of that matters, considering that she didn't know he'd overheard anything, and if we are going utilitarian, then his justifications for attacking her become irrelevant.
>>
Death Parade: Cucks and Retards
>>
This show is fucking shit and doesn't deserve half this attention, if those arbiters could read memories why go through these games at all?
>>
>>120132886
>he'd already hit her once on purpose, which was when he saw the image of his dead body in his mind.

It wasn't intentional. He meant to miss and got startled when he remembered the corpse.

>So you'd send the wife who cheated to hell or prison or whatever, but not this husband (again, pretending you can only choose one)?

Yes and what the fuck are you trying to argue by asking that close ended question?
>>
>>120132886
>No, he remembered that after he'd already hit her once on purpose
There's nothing indicating that was on purpose. If you're going to argue that, the wife hitting him in the eyes and lung on purpose are both equally as likely.
>>
>>120133063
because the memories don't determine someone's character. They can't read the soul, so they have the two souls compete.
>>
>>120133046
so what it boils down to is that we have two souls
one who can be weak enough to betray sacred trust and another that does not trust others, yet does not act without proof
>>
>>120133063
they can't and only get see like 5 random ones related to their death/life
>>
>>120133046
>>120133046
>You can really easily turn this around and say that his own paranoia caused him his problems.

You can't say that because there was no paranoia. Paranoia is essentially irrational fear. Like it was already argue over and fucking over again, his suspicions were reasonable.
>>
>>120133063
>I didn't pay attention, so this show is bad.
Wow, you're right, that one not-even-plot-hole definitely makes yer dump opinion less bad.

The arbiters just get a recap of the people's lives. The game is there so the arbiters can see how they act and make their judgements.
>>
>>120133170
>does not trust others
how would you judge his soul if you ignored nona's statement?
>>
>>120133167
If they can't determine someone's character by looking at the entirety of a person's actions through their entire lives, then they can't determine it with a game that lasts less than an hour
>>
>>120132886
>So you'd send the wife who cheated to hell or prison or whatever
Yes, she fucking did something wrong.

>but not this husband
For what? Suspecting his wife might have been cheating and being right which lead to a car accident? None of those are as intentionally malicious as cheating. Hell, even her confession was cruel as hell, pushing a guy already almost over the edge way over. If she wanted to redeem herself, she would have just straight told the truth, assuming she was lying about everything, and accepted the natural consequences of her actions. Instead she muddled the issue and practically destroyed her husband in the process.
>>
>>120133252
>looking at the entirety of a person's actions through their entire lives
Well they don't do that sooooooooooo
see the screenshot in >>120133232
and pay more attention next time.
>>
>>120132973
>No. A character from the show is saying that.
You can definitely argue this, but my take is that that was supposed to be given as true. I don't think we're supposed to be doubting the head arbiter (or whatever she is) on that judgment.

>given that his first reaction to hearing his wife's friends use a nickname that might be hers was to hide
I think you meant to quote the bit after that, because that makes more sense with your post. I'm not saying that I'd look at those actions and declare that he couldn't trust anyone, but a guy stewed in his suspicions for ten weeks+, so I'm willing to buy that he had difficulty trusting others if that's what we're told as viewers.
>>120132989
>[citation needed]
I'm just taking that at face value, unless the next episode goes over this shit again and tells us otherwise.

>>120133040
>Because he was about to go over the edge after learning they were dead
He was shaking her and beginning to break down and intending to continue playing past the end before she remembered that.

> memories of pertaining to their death
I thought the memories the people got back were death-related, but the arbiters got a spectrum of all of them? Not sure, though. I sort of thought the whole lying thing was stupid, though, for the reasons you described.
>>
File: 1380390152114.png (20 KB, 272x256) Image search: [Google]
1380390152114.png
20 KB, 272x256
>>120133285
>sooooooooooo
>>
>>120132954
ayy lmao
>>
>>120133046
>paranoia
>suspicion and mistrust of people or their actions without evidence or justification.
He held suspicion because of the conversation with her fiends, but didn't act on it, merely put it aside. When the wife cheated and began actually acting suspicious, then it became more of a prevalent issue and would not have been paranoia.
>>
The husband was stupid for trying to take her phone while fucking driving. He should have waited but his jealousy got them both killed justified or not.
>>
Machiko admitted to her sin, and got justly punished.

Decim didn't do anything wrong.
>>
>>120133264
>destroyed her husband in the process.
and this is after she won the game
(unless she could read decim's mind to send her to the void so she could sacrifice herself) this is as much if not more malice than his mind break rambling.
just a horrible decision.
>>
>>120133232
that's even more fucking retarded
they have the ability to reincarnate or destroy souls, but they conveniently only get access to random memories that just happen to be the ones that the plot needs?
>>
I'm getting worried every episode is going to end with someone acting silly and drooling everywhere after death darts and death billiards.

What are they really going to do if someone says "I refuse to play this gay-me"? How do they handle the guy who says he'd rather take a shit for the next 3 hours in that clean as fuck bathroom and wait out the time limit?
>>
File: cuck fags btfo.png (467 KB, 1123x457) Image search: [Google]
cuck fags btfo.png
467 KB, 1123x457
>>120133333
Quints confirm that cuckfags got BTFO.
>>
>>120133170
What it boils down to is that we have two souls.
One that struggles with itself to remain true to others, and another that does not trust others and is violently angry when others fail to be perfect.

Two can play at bullshit.

>>120133264
Holy shit, for the last time, I'm not talking about the car accident. Reread everything I wrote.
>>
>>120133246
just because she says he cannot find happiness doesn't mean he cannot do good for others, even while he suspected his wife he never did anything to her until he learned a colored truth he would be a good engineer or detective or something. betrayal on the other hand is guaranteed to cause harm especially if hiding the truth is the answer to a mistake
>>
>>120133426
>struggles with itself to remain true to others
Is that what leftists think cheating is?
>>
>>120133302
>He was shaking her and beginning to break down
The situation was stressing him out, which only further shows how poorly he was handling the situation. That lie was devastating to him considering how poorly he was handling everything before, couple that with him learning they died in an accident and that he potentially killed his child, the dude was practically broken. His wife's lie hurdled him over the edge.

>I thought the memories the people got back were death-related, but the arbiters got a spectrum of all of them?
There are too many memories for them to sift through, so they only take away the memories pertaining to their death and give them to the arbiters so that they wouldn't remember they died and the arbiter can use it to sort of gauge their character and how they may act. Over the course of the game, those memories they took come back to them.
>>
>>120133374
what caused his jealousy to grow unfettered? her cheating and suspicious behaviour
>>
>>120133443
reminder that Takashi saved more lives than people he hurt/killed.
>>
>>120133302
>my take is that that was supposed to be given as true

Well your take on it is wrong.

>I don't think we're supposed to be doubting the head arbiter (or whatever she is) on that judgment.

What the fuck are you trying to say? That people can't think on their own and reach their own conclusion?

I sure can criticize a character or the show, especially when it's been already shown that arbiters are biased and flawed.

>but a guy stewed in his suspicions for ten weeks+, so I'm willing to buy that he had difficulty trusting others if that's what we're told as viewers.

Who wouldn't be suspicious for weeks? He had no idea that she stopped cheating. For all he knows, she could still be cheating. Especially when she was being secretive about who called her.

Your argument is basically circular: "It's true because someone in the show said so or it's true because that's what viewers were told".

Just stop arguing that, it's cringe-worthy.
>>
>>120133426
>One that struggles with itself to remain true to others
HAHAHAAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA what?
>she regrets it
japan is the land of fucking several ways of killing yourself to maintain honor. she was not close to regret while she was alive

>violently angry when others fail to be perfect.
uh, nope, only in betrayal. otherwise he woulda beat the shit outta her the minute she hit something on the dartboard
>>
>144 replies
>39 posters
This sure turned into a quality thread.
>>
>>120133499
>the show totally forgot this
>>
>>120133393
>they have the ability to reincarnate or destroy souls
No, they only judge them, you stupid faggot. The arbiters just send them off to be reincarnated/destroyed. They don't actually do it themselves.

Also, the whole afterlife thing isn't really the main point of the series. What the show is doing is giving you the story of the two dead people. It's a drama between them. That's why these threads are always filled with who was right and who was wrong instead of the logistics behind the afterlife. The death room thing is just there are a loose framework.
>>
The idea isn't to decide who is good and who is bad. It's to decide which soul is more worthy of reincarnation.
>>
File: 1421558019851.jpg (109 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1421558019851.jpg
109 KB, 1600x900
>>120133422
>39 unique posters in the thread
>150 replies
>over 800 votes on a strawpoll
>>
>>120133426
>Reread everything I wrote.
Sure.

>>120132536
>The man tried to win against her in a game where he thought the loser died after making her think that no one would die.
There's about as much evidence for this as the woman trying to win the game, she hit his eyes and lungs and there's no way to prove these were on accident anymore than most of his hits.

>Upon finding out she'd cheated, he killed her fetus
This is entirely false. Disregarding the fact they're already dead and there was no way to know whether they were actually doing any damage to the other person's body to begin with since they merely felt the pain, he remembered she possible cheated after he threw that dart. Before throwing it, he still thought the child was his and there's no reason he would have intentionally tried to harm it.

>tormented her, grappled with her
He thought she cheated and was trying to get answers. He was also becoming increasingly stressed out from the situation and remembering that he had possibly cheated on him, these aren't exactly unforgivable actions given the circumstances.

>and tried to stab her in the face but was forcibly restrained at the last minute.
Because she fucking destroyed him. He was already wallowing around, blubbering and in denial about the whole thing, he was clearly not in a stable state of mind. She then told said individual, willing to accept practically anything to escape the reality of him potentially causing the death of his own child, that their relationship was entirely a lie and the child wasn't his. You might hold them responsible if he actually did do harm to her, which he didn't though might have intended to, but given the situation, it's really hard to blame him.

That being said, the wife intentionally broke their trust and intentionally lied and completely destroyed his already delicate psyche, intentionally or not. The show itself tries harder to paint the situation more black and white than it actually is and fails miserably.
>>
>>120133841
the ole 'surprise i'm 10 weeks pregnant and it might not be yours!' thing always does a number on people
>>
>>120133976
a lot of posters in these threads are pretty chill about it, must be that NTR fetish catching on
>>
>>120130125
>Also, how the fuck did Decim not know if the woman is lying?
It's stated in the show that they don't know what the people are thinking during the game they can only guess. He has her memories, but not her emotions, and he doesn't have the emotions that regular people do, he stated this in Death Billiards that he doesn't understand what it's like to be alive.

Everyone called the wife a bitch until eps 2 arrived, because they never considered she was lying about not loving him.

>He has her memories. If she knows whose baby it is, so does he.
Could you imagine that he knows what it felt like for her to be cummed inside with her memories? Or m-maybe he doesn't get all the memories of the person or maybe she wasn't even sure who's baby it was, but I think she more so got sent to the void because she said she didn't love her husband and only married him for money, and Decim doesn't have the emotional experience to see through that lie.
>>
>>120133792
This thread is a Decim honeypot.
>>
>>120134032
>Everyone called the wife a bitch until eps 2 arrived, because they never considered she was lying about not loving him.

Initially yes; however I stand by it. I figured it wasn't exactly logical for her to turn 180 (anime/madhouse not be subtle at the faces) she wanted a confession.. that wasn't really it.

And this is when they both thought he was getting the void.

The staring/crying at the ring is laughable considering how much it seems to mean in that shot in ep2 but is meaningless in the flashback. She does regret it though but it was only after things went to shit and she got found out in limbo.

She was their undoing and had the most/entire control of the situation before the accident; as he couldn't force a confession.
>>
>>120133792
most of it is
someoneiswrongontheinternet.avi
>>
File: wipe.png (232 KB, 446x538) Image search: [Google]
wipe.png
232 KB, 446x538
>Ep 3 - 2d 11h 5m
>>
>>120134032
>Everyone called the wife a bitch until eps 2 arrived, because they never considered she was lying about not loving him.
Half the people in the threads were saying this. It wasn't some huge reveal, it was fucking obvious she was lying.
>>
>>120134032
>they don't know what the people are thinking during the game they can only guess
This show is so stupid. Who the hell put these people in charge? They just willy nilly throw people into fucking eternal nothing by accident? That's a pretty huge fucking thing to fuck up. Not to mention you're letting a shit soul get reincarnated.
How can you even judge a person by putting them in a situation where they are told they'll die or have to kill someone. What the fuck? Obviously some people have the instinct to stay alive no matter what. What about all the good shit they did when they were alive? That just goes out the fuckin' window?

This is like shitty Saw if Jigsaw just picked people out at random.
>>
>>120134635
>letting a doctor get reincarnated
>bad
>>
>>120134635
I want to attempt to have an insightful discussion with you, but you're too worked up right now so it's probably better not to do so.
>>
>>120134523
>It wasn't some huge reveal, it was fucking obvious she was lying.
This. I thought it was obvious to the characters in episode one at the time
>>
>>120134635
>How can you even judge a person by putting them in a situation where they are told they'll die or have to kill someone. What the fuck?

That didnt happen though. They specifically mentioned how they never said "if you lose the game you die" the people came up with that on their own
>>
>>120134807
Then let me humor you. I'll try my best.
>>
>>120134791
>doctor who has saved/delivered many lives
>cucker who couldn't deliver 1 and ruined 3
>>
>>120134849
They literally bring people into a room they have no memory of coming to.

Then they show them what looks like a significant amount of dead hanging bodies saying implying "This is what happens if you don't play the game".

They then pit two people against each other in a game ominous game that (at the very least) references references THEIR body parts.

I don't know about you but if I was in that situation I would assume the loser would die.
>>
>>120134849
But they specifically mention that that's the intended effect, they just go about it in a passive way so they can claim "But we never actually said that" after the fact. It's like waving a gun in front of a cashier and telling them they can't leave and when they hand you the money and you're caught, you try to claim you never told them that you were robbing them, you were just waving a gun around and making some sort of bullshit social commentary about the working class being stuck in their menial jobs and they just willingly gave you the money.
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.