[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what is her deal? About her being the final boss, is Nisio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
So, what is her deal?

About her being the final boss, is Nisio fucking with us? Because that seems too obvious.

Novelfags, fill me.
>>
>>119895984
She's the final boss. NisiO isn't even trying to hide that fact.
>>
>>119896014
>NisiO isn't even trying to hide that fact.

That's why I'm suspicious. Nisio isn't usually a blatantly obvious writer.

And is Ougi an apparition? What is she and what's she been doing?
>>
>>119895984
There is no final boss in Monogatari, the closest thing to an antagonist when it's not just the characters disagreeing with each other and then making up later is probably just the Darkness, which is just the universe itself saying "quit doing this stupid shit".

If you treat Ougi as the final boss though, it does result in the somewhat entertaining notion that the final boss of the series is ultimately just Koyomi's own self loathing.
>>
>>119895984
>is Nisio fucking with us?
The answer to that is always "yes".
>>
>>119896162
>If you treat Ougi as the final boss though, it does result in the somewhat entertaining notion that the final boss of the series is ultimately just Koyomi's own self loathing.

So, Ougi is an apparition who was born from Araragi's self-loathing or something?

Also, I'm using the words "final boss" as in, I think she's behind everything. The right choice of word should be "mastermind", I guess.
>>
>>119896122
You'd be right to be suspicious given it's Nisio. Though arguably speaking, since Hana is Chronologically last, Numachi would be the "Final Boss" but obviously not in the cool way but in the most literal sense of the term.

Though that does make Kanbaru sound a lot more badass. "Kanbaru solo'd the final boss"

As for the explanation >>119896162 beat me to the punch. I was just going to type. "It's Araragi's worries and shit like that" but they explained it way more eloquently than I could.
>>
She is an oddity created by Araragi's self-criticism (plus other stuff, like spiritual essence from Rainy Devil, which was originally a similar oddity created by Tooe Gaen, and vampire powers).

Learning about the Darkness and how it acted like a law of the universe to enforce rules against Hachikuji was one of the factors that led to her creation. Araragi constantly has doubts about whether the things he does are okay. If the universe wouldn't let Hachikuji get away with what she did, wouldn't it judge him too? It's that kind of thinking that led to Ougi coming into existence as an adversary by which he would be judged and punished, and not let him get away with things he feels that maybe he shouldn't be allowed to or deserve to get away with.
>>
So basically this is kinda closish to Planescape Torment final boss?

I like it.
>>
>>119896271
Oh, so she does not have any relation to Oshino at all? She just chose her last name by random, huh?
>>
>>119896381
Not exactly random, but it was chosen as a false name
>>
>>119896432
I see.

Also, I missed Oshino, will he come back?
>>
>>119896216
If I had to pick an evil mastermind it would be Gaen but she's alright still since she eventually acquiesced to switching to a contingency plan so that Koyomi could save Hachikuji.

Yeah Ougi is an oddity born from Araragi that does the things that he refuses to do out of attachment to the people around him. It's his wish for someone to criticize him and to take away certain responsibilities. Ougi knows everything Koyomi knows, and seems to know more because it knows things Koyomi subconsciously ignores. When he learns the truth about Ougi and confronts her about it, the Darkness comes for Ougi (up until this point Ougi had basically pretended to be the Darkness by correcting everything Koyomi didn't want corrected but subconsciously thought he didn't deserve) and Koyomi still tries to protect her until Meme gets brought back by Hanekawa and Gaen and accepts Ougi so that the Darkness is satisfied.
>>
I posit that Ougi is best Monogatari because who wouldn't want to fuck their own sarcastic doppleganger with mutable gender?
>>
>>119896469
>Also, I missed Oshino, will he come back?
It's Ougi's fault that he is missing.
>>
>>119896484
>Gaen
>Evil Mastermind
>Not the hero that humanity has been needing all along to protect itself and the land from the Oddity menace it brings upon itself.
>>
>>119896537
OG Original Gaen son, respek. Kokorowatari up in hizzay.
>>
>>119896537
>implying there is something wrong with oddities

They are just here to help.
>>
>>119896534
Well, fuck.
>>
File: Respek.png (230 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
Respek.png
230 KB, 600x337
>>119896571
Jungle is massif. Keepin' it real

>>119896585
And Gaen is helping them and humanity by walking them to the door and showing them the way home.
It can't be her fault that sometimes a certain oddity might flip the fuck out and try to choke a bitch.
>>
>>119895984
Ougi is a result of deal Oshino made to keep the backlashes of curses he broke from his past.You know when break a contract you have to relinquish something, Well Oshino gave up bits of his soul for each paranormal fix. Now that Oshino is gone, Ougi is making shit happen just like a enjoy himself off the misfortune of others. That why Gaien is gone too she was consumed by backlashes of curse breaking.
>>
>>119896484
>If I had to pick an evil mastermind it would be Gaen but she's alright still since she eventually acquiesced to switching to a contingency plan so that Koyomi could save Hachikuji.
She didn't "eventually acquiesce". On the spur of the Araragi dragged Hachikuji back from the underworld, and when Gaen saw that he had she basically congratulated him and it was her proposal that they save Hachikuji by making her the local god.
>>
Owarimonogatari is full of bullshit.
Araragi loves Shinobu but hurr-durrr Nisio
>>
>>119896729
But hadn't she been planning for a long time to use Shinobu instead? For knowing things she really ought to have seen Hachikuji's revival ahead of time.
>>
>>119896710
I just wanna talk about how your image is what pissed me off about Hana because she should'a macked that ghost hard right there and my saltiness that she did not continues to this day.
>>
>>119896766
Elaborate.
>>
File: Lesbian as fuck.jpg (304 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Lesbian as fuck.jpg
304 KB, 1920x1080
>>119896815
>>
>>119896794
If she did foresee Hachikuji's revival then it is something she actually planned and made happen.

But actually she claims she didn't foresee it and her catchphrase about knowing everything is just marketing spin.
>>
>>119896946
And people took issue with me calling her the evil mastermind, reviving ghosts in purgatory and installing them as gods.
>>
>>119896992
>Wanting Mayoi to live in Purgatory when she just wants to be with Araragi
>Still calling Gaen "Evil"
>>
Owarimonogatari and Zokuowarimonogatari are the only one left yet to be animated, right?

>Implying Kizu
>>
>>119897084
There's also Koyomi before the 3 Owari books
>>
>>119897084
Ougi Dark and Formula
Sodachi Riddle plus her other one.
Shinobu Mail
Mayoi Hell
Hitagi Rendevous
Koyomi (whatever Zoku is)

Plus the twelve books like Koyomi Nothing and what not.

So nah, we still got plenty to go arc-wise
>>
>>119897084
Doesn't the one with Shinobu's old servant still need to be animated.
Or is that one of those, i can never remember their names.
>>
>>119897126
That's Owari 2, Shinobu Mail
>>
>>119895984
>fill me.
lewd.
>>
>>119897122
>Koyomi (whatever Zoku is)

It was supposed to be Koyomi Book, but ended up Koyomi Reverse.
>>
I know what Ougi is. She's a cutie.
>>
File: 1296787632741.png (3 KB, 184x172) Image search: [Google]
1296787632741.png
3 KB, 184x172
>>119897122
>Mayoi Hell
That doesn't sound good. Did she not pass on peacefully?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.