[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Come on guys, we can do another.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
While some things remain ambiguous, I think we can all agree about this timeline:
- 10 weeks prior: Happy couple, but their relationship hasn't been put to the real test. He impregnates her.
- Machiko is happy about the pregnancy (implying she hasn't been cheating yet), but wants to tell him the happy surprise during the honeymoon.
- On wedding day husband hears rumor about "Machii", assumes his wife is cheating on him.
- In fact Machii is another person as confirmed by end credits
- Takashi grows suspicious and resentful, pushes away wife's affection
- In a moment of weakness she sleeps with another guy. Regrets it immediately.
- During their honeymoon, paranoid hubby wants to snoop on their phone while driving. Gets them both killed along with their baby.

- After the death game, Machiko sees what a pathetic wreck her husband's become in the face of the truth. Because she loves him, she decides to take on the role as a heartless gold digger. This makes him take out his anger on her instead of himself.

Now, for my personal theory: If we go by this version of events, it makes sense that going to the void in this context is equivalent to nirvana, don't you think? While the guy needs to live another (or several) more lives to reach enlightenment, the wife displayed her virtues and is more at peace with herself.

Tl;dr: She did little wrong and was not punished. Husband did a lot wrong but reincarnation is not a punishment. Just means that he needs more time to mature in his future lives.
>>
It's nice to see /a/ in full swing again.
>>
>>119773332
>not making up a grand story of NTR, drugging, and blackmail
You had one job, OP.
>>
>>119773332
Continuation: So what I'm really wondering is why did the dart game play out the way it did? There has to be symbolic meaning, because how do you manage to NOT miss your shot unintentionally? It's like the darts were guided by fate or some shit. This aspect's really underdiscussed.
>>
>>119773332
Dunno if she cheated or not.
In one of the husbands flashbacks, he sees her one the phone after they had sex. Later on when she tells him that she has indeed slept with another mofo, the same scene flashes, but where the positions are reversed.
Thus it is possible that that scene was just part of her story, as imagined by both of them, rather than a real thing.

Either way, husband acted like a bitch and did everything wrong, thus his setence should be worse, or at the very least just as bad as hers.
>>
>>119773571
My guess is that the darts were guided by their sub-conscience.
>"My wife is a liar"
>hits the throat
>"You did that on purpose"
>hits the eyes
>"Don't hit the stomach"
>hits the stomach

and the heart once he jumps at her
>>
>>119773332
Machiko is lying about the story concerning Matchy. Machida Yuuki wouldn't be on the place setting seen in the credits. Since Machiko said she got married, and was glad to take her husbands name.
>>
>>119773571
Here's a rough outline, but I may be getting it all wrong:
Takashi > Machiko's shoulder = Grabbed it to ask her out, maybe?
Machiko > Takashi's lungs? = Took his breath away?
Missing a series of darts = The normal, uneventful period of their relationship?
Takashi > Machiko's lips = A verbal dispute after he hears the rumor?
Machiko > Takashi's eyes = She starts hiding things from him?
Takashi > Machiko's stomach = He gets her pregnant?
Machiko (with Takashi's influence) > Takashi's heart = Takashi's coldness makes her break his heart?

I'm sure there's a meaning, but it's really ambiguous.
>>
>>119773852
I think it was the mouth not the throat, but the meaning may be the same.
>>
>>119773571
>I'm really wondering is why did the dart game play out the way it did?
I have a little theory about this but it might be farfetched.
If we are to believe death billards the game is predetermined, so Machiko is the fated winner of the game.
What I'm theorizing is that the course of the game reflected the problems during their lives.
After the let's miss the board for a while stage of the game:
The husband doesn't miss his shots (intentionaly or not) because of his mistrust towards his wife.
The wife hits the boards two times, and both times it's as a result of the husband, she accidentaly hits the eye because the husband's previous shot in the mouth made her flinch, then she accidentaly hits the heart only because the husband grabs onto her (she was aiming away from the board!).

Also the husband wanting to take the wife's last dart kinda echoes the fact that he wanted to take her cellphone.

You could see all that as a parallel of what happen in >>119773332
>>
>>119773332
We're gonna have a thread running for each of the theories to circlejerk now?

>pushes away wife's affection
We're never shown that

>In fact Machii is another person as confirmed by end credits
Maiden name iada iada

> In a moment of weakness she sleeps with another guy.
In less than two months? Really?

>This makes him take out his anger on her instead of himself.
That maybe be true, although for other motives
>>
>>119773332
One addition: I think this only makes sense if we assume that the winner of the game is actually the true loser, who won't go to the void/nirvana. I don't think the bartender would be so surprised about Machikos lie, if it hadn't changed the outcome of who had to go where, meaning before the lie Machiko was supposed to be reincarnated and her husband was supposed to go to the void.
>>
>the void is nirvana
Are you retarded?
>>
>>119774333
mean to reply to >>119773953
>>
>>119773953
>If we are to believe death billards the game is predetermined
I don't think that's true.

The old man had the huge advantage in billiards but he lost.
>>
How is getting the demon/oni/hell mask the good outcome in your eyes?
>>
>>119774421
Here we go again
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.