[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Even if someone was trying to deceive people, wouldn’t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 16
File: 1413229843397.jpg (625 KB, 1280x1244) Image search: [Google]
1413229843397.jpg
625 KB, 1280x1244
"Even if someone was trying to deceive people, wouldn’t they have made a better-looking shrine? By preparing the design, a person can deceive others—was what a friend of mine once said."

"You can’t possibly have any friends, can you?"

"I guess so. If you think about it, he wasn’t that much of a friend."

I thought I would try hurting his feelings in return, but far from his feelings being hurt, he actually had a smile on his face.

What kind of a mentality did he have, anyway? It was a mystery.

"But, in his case, it’s possible that what he said was also a lie.
>>
Who's saying all this. Is it Oshino or Yozuru?
>>
File: 1395592037039.gif (343 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1395592037039.gif
343 KB, 480x270
>>118919145
Arararagi discussing with Oshino, IIRC.
>>
>>118919145
Oshino, chapter 4 of Koyomi Stone.
>>
>>118919237
Oh so I'm guessing this is from a future book then because I could swear I would remember this conversation possibly after Oshino helping out the penguins
>>
>>118919278
Oh sweet. Good to know. Thanks.
>>
Why is Kaiki the best girl?
>>
>>118919237
this part reminded me of a jumpscare
I just don't remember much about it other than something constantly crawling or rolling towards the screen.
>>
I wonder who Oshino is selling stories to. He says "That guy" but since it's translated I don't know if it means "That male" or "That person" because it seems like he'd be selling information to Kaiki which sorta seems like a really irresponsible move.
>>
File: 1397440060409.gif (342 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1397440060409.gif
342 KB, 800x450
>>118919633
But Kaiki is a good guy.
>>
File: 1416643627364.jpg (2 MB, 2526x3336) Image search: [Google]
1416643627364.jpg
2 MB, 2526x3336
>>118919750
Yozuru is a good guy. Kaiki is a petty villain who says some nice things.
>>
File: 1394651905134.jpg (63 KB, 1040x713) Image search: [Google]
1394651905134.jpg
63 KB, 1040x713
>>118919846
It's like you haven't even watched second season.
>>
File: Brozuru.png (2 MB, 1915x1081) Image search: [Google]
Brozuru.png
2 MB, 1915x1081
>>118919878
It's like you don't believe Yozuru is the true good guy and that Kaiki is a guy who goes around tricking little kids for pocket change because his business model is terrible.
>>
File: 1000342.jpg (207 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1000342.jpg
207 KB, 1000x1000
>>118919913
>It's like you don't believe Yozuru is the true good guy
Yozuru is an autistic skank who goes around killing people's family, all the whilst hypocritically ranting about forcing one's beliefs on others.

Kaiki on the other hand is simply a peddler of rare goods and services, who on occasion does a good deed or two, but pretends to be a villain whilst doing so.
>>
>>118920085
As expected of a fujoshit
>>
File: 1419443492178.png (584 KB, 901x706) Image search: [Google]
1419443492178.png
584 KB, 901x706
>>118920113
Can't help it if the best characters after Bat are all male.
>>
>>118920085
>Autistic

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it does.

As for the crux of the conversation.

>implying Kaiki's goods and services are rare when he's literally selling a basically free product he made up.

Kaiki is such a petty villain he can't even into villainy correctly. Such a shame that his only charm point is the Kaiki Stride.
>>
>>118920203
>You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it does.
True. Psychopathy would have been closer to the truth.

>Kaiki is such a petty villain he can't even into villainy correctly. Such a shame that his only charm point is the Kaiki Stride.
Since when have merchants been villains? Money makes the world go round and Kaiki is a true paladin of capitalism.
>>
>>118920265
At least Psychopathy would have been closer. Obviously you under-estimate how truly awesome Yozuru is but you'll soon learn. You'll soon learn.

Merchants have always been villains. Always trying to undercut people with shoddy products for disproportionate cost. Kaiki isn't even good at his job either. Broshino's job pays out way more for less work.
If Kaiki's system worked, he wouldn't have to have developed a running style so that he can get away from getting his shit kicked in
>>
File: 1392057387001.jpg (357 KB, 976x1364) Image search: [Google]
1392057387001.jpg
357 KB, 976x1364
>>118920358
>Merchants have always been villains. Always trying to undercut people with shoddy products for disproportionate cost.
There's a saying here in Daizland that goes something along the lines of:

He who asks for is not stupid, it's he who pays.

There's nothing wrong with undercutting people and selling stuff for frivolous prices. It's the client's fault for being stupid enough to purchase the service at that price.

>Kaiki isn't even good at his job either.
He's good at his real job of excorcising shit.

Besides, he's good enough at selling worthless crap to kids for the Fire Sisters to get on his ass. He's obviously doing something right, since pretty much everyone in that school had heard of him.

>Broshino's job pays out way more for less work.
He's a Jewier merchant than Kaiki, for sure. He makes his clients 95% of the work, whilst pulling way higher rates than Kaiki.

>If Kaiki's system worked, he wouldn't have to have developed a running style so that he can get away from getting his shit kicked in
Don't all the excorcists live a vagrant lifestyle? Every single one seen in the series has been moving around continously. Why would he be any different?
>>
File: bestgirl.jpg (84 KB, 673x714) Image search: [Google]
bestgirl.jpg
84 KB, 673x714
Kaiki best girl
>>
File: 1406577981878.jpg (273 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1406577981878.jpg
273 KB, 800x800
>>118920601
2nd best.*
>>
>>118920615
>>
>>118920530
Ignoring the capitalism part for the moment.

>He's good at his real job of excorcising shit.

Except he's not. He's the worst of the three. He can't even exorcise properly, he has to replace the oddity with another oddity when Oshino/Yozuru would have just flattened it.

Now onwards to capitalism.

Good guys don't need to undercut people. They get by on good reputation and having their products be of good value to cost.

Even if Oshino is more "Jewier" than Kaiki, all that states is Kaiki is as shit a merchant as he is a petty villain.

As for the moving thing. At least Oshino/Yozuru and even pro-extortio- er Exorcist Gaen can stay in one town without getting kicked out for utter douchebaggery.
Kaiki got kicked out of town by the Scoobies. Those meddling kids fucked his business up.
>>
>>118920707
Kaiki pacified Nadeko. Oshino made Araragi and 'nobu beat the cat because he failed like 50 times. Also, Kaiki wasn't 'kicked out' so much as he was politely asked to leave, and did. He couldn't operate at a profit within the town anymore because of the meddling.

Though Oshino did steal the beating heart right out of the chest of the most powerful vampire to ever exist without her noticing or ever detecting her heart was missing, which is as impressive as it is funny.
>>
>>118920930
>pacified

Why not just say he exorcised her, removed all the oddties from her body- Oh no wait, that would imply he's an exorcist.

Scathing aside. Oshino was fucking with Black Hanekawa, he could have taken her at any time. He was trying to give Araragi plenty of chances to actually help Hanekawa himself before he has to get involved and take care of the threat himself.

Kaiki was kicked out of town and you know it. The scoobies foiled his plans which is terrible business practice. What good is a business if you can't keep it running?

Kaiki showed what kind of person he was when he decided to make up his lost profit by taking it out of Tsukihi's ass.
>>
>>118921067
Well, he did exorcise her.

>Scathing aside. Oshino was fucking with Black Hanekawa, he could have taken her at any time. He was trying to give Araragi plenty of chances to actually help Hanekawa himself before he has to get involved and take care of the threat himself.

Fuck off with your fanfiction.

>What good is a business if you can't keep it running?

The market in any one town doesn't last forever, due to scoobies and the kids either being pissed off or running out of money. Kaiki had a hard goal for the amount of money he expected from this one project, though I forget what it is. Not every town has the fucking book's protagonist in it.

>Kaiki showed what kind of person he was when he decided to make up his lost profit by taking it out of Tsukihi's ass.

It's one thing to take money from a fool, knowing the target you sold out is protected by an agent of the most powerful oddity to ever exist (and her herself, though weakened), and it's another to be the kind of psychopath cunt who has no problems killing little girls.
>>
>>118921196
But he didn't exorcise her, that's the point. He just replaced one oddity with another.

>Fanfiction. Fuck off. If you think Oshino at any point couldn't have dealt with Hanekawa then you're out of your mind. Oshino was fucking around and you know it.
Him going in there and just wasting Black Hanekawa goes against his entire. "People can only help themselves" code he lives by. It's why he waited so long to get involved.

If Kaiki was able to establish good relationships with his customers then he wouldn't have little girls coming to his doorstep to come kick his ass. Alienating your customers, no matter how fleeting the business, is still a dick move.

Kaiki sold that information to Yozuru knowing full well exactly what would happen. He sent Yozuru after Tsukihi knowing that Yozuru would fuck her shit up.
>>
>Him going in there and just wasting Black Hanekawa goes against his entire. "People can only help themselves" code he lives by. It's why he waited so long to get involved.

Fuck off with your fanfiction.

>If Kaiki was able to establish good relationships with his customers then he wouldn't have little girls coming to his doorstep to come kick his ass. Alienating your customers, no matter how fleeting the business, is still a dick move.

He had a hard goal and everything you just mentioned is an extraneous bother.
>>
File: 1393355027629.jpg (249 KB, 1280x1142) Image search: [Google]
1393355027629.jpg
249 KB, 1280x1142
>>118921370
>Kaiki sold that information to Yozuru knowing full well exactly what would happen. He sent Yozuru after Tsukihi knowing that Yozuru would fuck her shit up.
I'm pretty certain Kaiki knew what would actually happen.
>>
>>118921545
I really question what kind of character you think Oshino is. Do you just ignore that he could have solved every oddity-related problem in Bakemonogatari single-handedly?

>He had a hard goal

And? To reach that hard goal you need to actually reach it. The best way to actually get there is to not get girls coming to your door to kick your ass or have people making you cut your business short.

I don't see why you think being nice to people isn't the best way to run a successful business like Kaiki's. His entire business relies on him interacting with as many people as possible.

Face it, Kaiki's business plan is fundamentally flawed at the customer service aspect of it.
>>
>>118921577
.>Kaiki sold that information to Yozuru knowing full well exactly what would happen

>I'm pretty certain Kaiki knew what would actually happen.

So we agree? Kaiki knew Yozuru would go try to kill the immortal oddity when he sold her that information?
>>
>>118919503
Jumpscare? It reminds me of this one blurry gif of a thing crawling toward the screen backwards with a weird mask.
>>
File: 1419357819327.jpg (64 KB, 547x700) Image search: [Google]
1419357819327.jpg
64 KB, 547x700
>>118921697
Did you stop watching there, or did you just miss the parts where Shinoragi stopped her from doing that and gave her a morality lesson befitting a small child?
>>
>>118919846
Yodzuru is a "good guy". Kaiki is a "good" guy.
>>
>>118921736
Wait. Now I'm confused. What are you trying to get at here?

What does Yozuru getting corrected have to do with Kaiki selling information to Yozuru about an immortal oddity knowing she would try kill it/try to recuperate the costs.
>>
>>118921736
In Nise, Kaiki had no clue the blonde girl he saw with Araragi was Kissshot.

Kaiki had not yet realized Araragi's semi vampire status.

It is only later he finds out. Kaiki did not plan for Araragi being able to stop Yozuru,

In fact, Shaft removed the monologue but during the scene with Kaiki in the donut shop, Shinobu actually offered to kill and eat Kaiki for Araragi's sake but Araragi was too moralfag to consider such an idea but might have 99% entertained the idea once Yozuru revealed who sent her to Araragi's house aka Kaiki which is why Araragi runs up stairs and angrily yells out Kaiki's name.

So sorry but Kaiki pretty much gave Tsukihi a death sentence the moment he called up Yozuru and didn't really think Araragi would have stopped her since Yozuru had a perfect success rate until she encountered Araragi and Kaiki had no doubt that Yozuru would have successfully killed Tsukihi based on her record.
>>
>>118921920
Adding on to what I said, a big part of the reason why Kaiki quickly agreed to get the fuck out of town when Araragi told him, too, was because Kaiki felt really unsettled encountering Araragi despite Kaiki thinking Araragi was just a normal human at that point in time.

This is because for some strange reason, Kaiki was feeling really bad vibes from Araragi's shadow since it contained Shinobu but from Kaiki's point of view, Araragi had a normal shadow.

So yeah, Kaiki isn't a good guy. He didn't think Yozuru could be stopped because he didn't know anything about Araragi's true abilities yet much less the currents status of Kissshot.
>>
File: 1415931267459.jpg (548 KB, 731x1019) Image search: [Google]
1415931267459.jpg
548 KB, 731x1019
Both Kaiki and Yozuru are flawed. Yozuru because of her self-righteous approach to oddities and Kaiki because of his selfish uncaringness.

Just because he sometimes cares does not excuse all the times he does not.

Meme is the only based one, though maybe it's just because we hear all this from Araragi and he's biased.
>>
>>118922034
While Meme is based as fuck and in my opinion, the second strongest human in the series. I'd still argue that Gaen has him beat given how afraid of her he is.
Oshino is the only one I'd argue is the most well-adjusted of the exorcists though. His dedication to balance between humans and oddities pretty much makes him the only guy willing to be reasonable.
>>
>>118922163
Oshino isn't the second strongest human.

He actually gets fucked over by a low level kai and was in danger of being stranded in Antarctica forever.

Remember that Oshino is a jack of all trades but a master of none. He is not an actual expert exorcist like Yozuru.

Yozuru is the second strongest human based on the fact she graduated college unlike the other two and can put up with someone like Gaen.
>>
>>118922163
>>118922294
I wasn't referring to their powerlevel when I said Oshino is based.
>>
>>118922294
Hmm...if Yozuru is the second strongest then who's the strongest?

I always put the exorcists physically as

Yozuru - Oshino - Kaiki - Gaen

and from that I figured that there wasn't any other humans stronger than Yozuru. The only contender I can think of is Cutter. I wouldn't personally even put Karen higher on the list than Oshino given he can take down a Crab God and heavily implied he would have been able to deal with it until Senjougahara stopped him.
>>
File: 1392834694230.png (2 MB, 1919x790) Image search: [Google]
1392834694230.png
2 MB, 1919x790
>>118922294
>Remember that Oshino is a jack of all trades but a master of none.
Considering his performance in Kizu, I'd say he's atleast an expert in hand-to-hand combat. Unless he of course used some trickery to fool the three vampire hunters.
>>
>>118922346
Yeah I know, I didn't say his powerlevel was what made him based. I just said I thought he was the second strongest. His basedness comes from being the most well-adjusted and his willingness to be reasonable. Plus his general skillset which I will add retroactively given that he did pretty much have a work-around for everything that came his way.
>>
>>118922382
Well you don't see Karen fight any oddities. She does kick Araragi's ass but we all know he's the world's biggest jobber.
>>
>>118922430
>She does kick Araragi's ass but we all know he's the world's biggest jobber.
Does she actually kick his ass, or is Araragi just letting her?

I distinctly recall him saying at one point that he can't get serious in his fights with his sisters since he might accidentally kill them.
>>
>>118922430
Araragi never threw a punch that entire fight. If you watch the Nise Fight. He fights defensively the entire time so Karen kicking his ass is like saying she beat a punching bag in a fight.

I was just generally putting her lower than Oshino because we've seen him pull some hardcore shit and he's actually fairly well built as his aloha shirt shows.
>>
>>118922463
That's what jobber means. That's exactly how he fought Yozuru.

Karen still has some nice moves.
>>
>>118922430
>>118922463
>>118922479
>>118922533
Nisio pretty much wrote Karen acting like Jackie Chan on Araragi and he spent pages mentioning Karen using shit like Brazillian Capoeira but Shaft didn't want to spend any money so we got non canon DBZ fight between Karen and Araragi.

Araragi didn't bother trying to fight Karen, though.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.