[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Sakura so unpopular? What changes would you make so she
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: 1073286.jpg (263 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1073286.jpg
263 KB, 800x600
Why is Sakura so unpopular? What changes would you make so she would be more popular?
>>
>>118435478
Misconceived bias as a result of memes the fanbase created going too far. If the UBW anime is evidence of anything, it's that a good portion of people on /a/ don't really remember reading the VN and the exact events that happen.
>>
>>118435478
Because she has bugs in her vajaija?
>>
>>118435478
Make her a virgin.
>>
I get eaten by the worms
And weird fishes
>>
File: Lancer unamused.png (693 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Lancer unamused.png
693 KB, 1280x720
>>118435858
Go back to planning that trip to Arabia, Saberbro.
>>
>>118435478
>What changes would you make so she would be more popular?

I'd cull the wormz ecks dee autistic memespammers for starters.

More seriously, HF's first half is really poorly paced - the first two routes excluded Sakura from very early on so it spends fucking forever trying to make the player like her with SoL fluff before the plot kicks into gear, which coming down from the action packed high that is UBW's finale is kind of a shock to the system. I'd trim some of the excess fluff, include her a bit more in Fate/UBW so players have a reason to give a shit about her before her route starts, and get HF to the interesting bits faster so people wouldn't be put off from her by how boring it starts out.
>>
Grow her tits.
>>
File: 1414821818866.jpg (65 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1414821818866.jpg
65 KB, 640x480
>>118435478
More qt scenes with Shirou and her.
Like pic related
>>
File: 1418052166122.jpg (414 KB, 1200x1695) Image search: [Google]
1418052166122.jpg
414 KB, 1200x1695
>>118436285

This.

She's the heroine in HF, but feels like a ghost in Fate/UBW. I wish she could have helped Shirou in the others route and be more present in the VN as a whole.

Doesn't help the AV did an awful job in the VN. I hope she does better in the upcoming movie.
>>
>>118436285
Yeah, she was kind of screwed over not having the presence the other two had in the first two routes. Especially bad because the protagonist makes hard choices in her route.

That and the route isn't pleasant for her, inside and out.
>>
>>118436285
The problem is that "I was raped by worms" makes me laugh instead of pitying her.
Also "Tragic Backstory Rape" realy isn't enough to carry a character for the entire route.
I mean Fujino received the same character development in 1 movie
>>
She would be more popular if she didn't exist

Why Nasu threw out Ilya and Rider's routes was his greatest blunder
>>
>>118436929
>The problem is that "I was raped by worms" makes me laugh instead of pitying her.

Pretty sure that's more a problem with you than with the writing m8
>>
>>118436989
Please imagine that one woman getting eaten by penis-worms with teeth without having to grin/laugh
>>
>>118437094
Most people can do that easily because we're actually am capable of empathy and don't find gruesome murder-rapes funny m8
>>
>>118437094
You are trying too hard to fit in.
>>
>>118437158
It's realy more like those incredibly bad horror-movies where you just have to laugh instread of "being afraid".
>>
>>118437158
It's okay to find it funny when thinking about it. People laugh at terrible things all the times, if it's jokes or fiction. I bet Nasu can laugh at it.
>>
>>118436316
More than what she has starts bordering the disgusting cowtits territory.

>>118435478
I think she's fine the way she is. It's not just a problem of having less screentime, Fate and UBW build Shirou into an aspiring defensor of justice and play into the whole battle royale thing that F/SN advertises. Then HF disregards most servants and has the main character suddenly condone mass murder.
I like HF the best but it's no wonder people come into it expecting something else. Also, the whole sexual subplot that feels like fetish fuel doesn't help them like Sakura after having been presented with two more typical examples of the popular stoic and brave heroine that most people like, and having had time to atleast grow fond of one of them.
I mean, getting Saber fucked up thanks to her and creating a rivalry between her and Rin certainly doesn't help, most will side with the one they already know and like.
>>
>IM RAPED PLEASE FEEL SORRY FOR ME
>IM TERRIBLE I KILLED ALL THOSE PEOPLE
>SENPAI PLEASE HATE ME
>I don't like sex but I don't hate it either
>Who do you prefer more, Rider or me?
>YOU DON'T KNOW MY SUFFERING
>IM A BEAUTIFUL, ILL-FATED GIRL

Sakura is worse than dogshit
>>
File: saber sakura.jpg (175 KB, 1019x1000) Image search: [Google]
saber sakura.jpg
175 KB, 1019x1000
>>118437452
Sakura is best Saber.
>>
>>118437480
>IM RAPED PLEASE FEEL SORRY FOR ME
Find a scene where this actually happens. The narrator doesn't count.
>>
>>118437833
Her whole dialog at the end of HF between her and Rin is one big "PLEASE FEEL SORRY FOR ME! MY LIFE WAS SO MUCH HARDER! PLEASE ADMIT IT".

Not him by the way, but that is also the reason I don't really like Sakura, even tho she was pretty cool and cute up to HF, but then she goes of the rails. Manjew bad voodoo aside, she stil wanted to do all the bad things she did, at least those that were done when she had control and not when she was Shadow, at night.
She gets a lick of real power and she goes mental.
>>
>>118437833
>The narrator doesn't count.
It would be much better if the Narrator could just shut up about it after xth time
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.