[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just re-watched nise. I know many people compare Hanekawa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 1415931267459.jpg (548 KB, 731x1019) Image search: [Google]
1415931267459.jpg
548 KB, 731x1019
So I just re-watched nise. I know many people compare Hanekawa to Gaen but does anyone think the one resembling Yozuru the most is Karen?

Yozuru said she doesn't bother being clever but faces things head on, loves fighting and wants to destroy "evil".
Karen even said when they met that she could tell how strong Yozuru was because she thought Yozuru wasn't "evil" meaning they have similar moral out looks.

And of course Yozuru was introduced by her walking on top of things like Karen likes to do, but more than that it feel like Yozuru treats everything as a game.
>>
>>117497345
na.yozu is lawful good, karen is chaotic good because she's a dumbass.

oshino is chaotic good too. karen is more like him except the stupid part.

kaiki is neutral good.

Gaen sempai is probably pure neutral , a balancer of the force and uses a purple light saber
>>
>>117498068
>kaiki is neutral good
if anything he is true neutral
>>
>>117498108
he did too many good things intentionally to be pure neutral.

gaen is least obstructive of them all. only bothered to do anything when there a big enough disturbance, like with heartshot visiting the town, the darkness following the snail, and trying to create a snake god to balance the force
>>
File: 12143564765.png (954 KB, 1280x725) Image search: [Google]
12143564765.png
954 KB, 1280x725
>>117498068
Uhh Karen is 100% lawful good.

That's her entire problem, if she sees things not going according to her code she can't help but intervene.

She's just 15, I assume she has plenty of time to stop being a dumbass.

Also Yozuru's solution to problems is punching them a lot. While Kaiki's is running away, as at the end of Bee and in Hana. Doesn't that kinda resemble the fight or flight instinct? If so what about the rest of the occult research club?
>>
File: 1264423374235.jpg (911 KB, 1370x1025) Image search: [Google]
1264423374235.jpg
911 KB, 1370x1025
>>117498068
Well Tsukihi is an oddity and she helps Karen fight evil so I dunno?
>>
>>117498318
He did too many bad things to be neutral good.

I'd switch him and Oshino.

Kaiki being Chaotic Good, and Oshino being Neutral Good.
>>
>>117498622
I don't think you can put Kaiki under good, he would definitely be chaotic neutral. He doesn't have much problems screwing people for money.
>>
The Occult Club members in my opinion parallel the four people at the end of Bakemonogatari who went to Eikou to talk about how cool a guy Oshino was.

So

Hanekawa
Araragi
Senjougahara
Kanbaru

Given we know Kanbaru is a born exorcist and Araragi is actively one plus Hanekawa's parallel to Gaen and Senjougahara's to Kaiki, we can safely assume Yozuru's parallel is either Araragi on the physical level or Kanbaru if you do the "People who have fucked up Araragi the most" level.
Which are both fundamentally shallow levels but unless Kanbaru becomes an exorcist proper then there's no "Real" person in the group
>>
>>117499786
I'd probably put him under Lawful something. His scams, which dickish, are still legal. People are just buying a fake product and he's removing fake curses.
I'd also put him under Neutral since "Money" is not an alignment and by his own words, the only thing that matters is money.
>>
>>117500118
I don't know about that, I would think someone who constantly scams people can't really be called lawful. Also I don't know how legal selling something which doesn't exist is.
>>
>>117500347
As fucking fedora-wearing, athiest neckbeard shit as this is going to sound. There's no really good other comparison but

Tele-evangelists. They basically sell a product which doesn't exist and people buy it because it comforts them. It's Kaiki's M.O. except its not about curses, it's about lifestyle.

Also scamming people is fine if it's Legal. That's what lawful covers: Following the law. It's why Lawful evil is a thing. You can still be a major dick and not do anything illegal

Though I will admit, Kaiki killing Tsukihi was a total dick move and would probably get him charged with accessory to murder
>>
File: 1416863326312.jpg (109 KB, 600x837) Image search: [Google]
1416863326312.jpg
109 KB, 600x837
>>117499962
I don't know about Kanabru, she hasn't really been a problem solver so far so it's hard to see how she operates. At the end of Hana she was most like Meme I would say where she helped Numachi accept her death and move on.

She did beat the shit out of Araragi like Yozuru did but honestly, who didn't at one point or another?
>>
>>117500515
To be fair. Saying "someone is like Meme" is pretty much describing the entire cast that isn't Senjougahara. Everyone is like Araragi who is like Meme and it really shows.

Also she punches first for solving her problems. IE killing Araragi or (actual spoilers if you aren't caught up with the LN) Attempting to punch Shodai Kaii-goroshi's sentient armour with her monkey fist

Also we know Yozuru and Kanbaru both love to play video games. They have that in common
>>
>>117500487
I would maybe see Kaiki under lawful but never good. Lawful neutral maybe in that he doesn't actively seek to harm anyone, he just doesn't care if it ends up happening.
I guess we can;t just pigeonhole these characters into a part of a 3x3 grid.
>>
>>117500626
And now we come to enlightenment. Kaiki himself even point this out during Hanamonogatari. That people aren't so simple to judge and that people are never as simple as they look.

Good hustle, anon.
>>
File: 141465265.png (828 KB, 1280x524) Image search: [Google]
141465265.png
828 KB, 1280x524
>>117500622
She does seem to have a burning desire to destroy what she doesn't like but other than that I see Karen's personality of a brazen ally of justice matching Yozuru more than Kanbaru who doesn't look like she buys into that stuff too much.

Also Araragi is way to active to be like Meme. He always goes out of his way to stick his nose into things.

>Saying "someone is like Meme" is pretty much describing the entire cast that isn't Senjougahara.

Like you said Hanekawa isn't, the fire sisters sure aren't and Nadeko is unimportant. That doesn't leave much cast left. Mayoi certainly doesn't go around ghost busting. That would be cannibalism?
>>
>>117500852
Even Hanekawa, while the Gaen parallel is a lot more like Meme in personality. She's not going around blackmailing motherfuckers...anymore

Also Karen's Justice is different to Yozuru's.

Karen's is a blanket fake justice which she uses to go around and hit shit and make herself feel better

Yozuru's is a real justice which only targets evil oddities that can take a beating. IE Evil, immortals.
Tsukihi getting fucked up was 100% Kaiki's doing. Yozuru's only fault was trusting a guy she went to school with unconditionally.

>Also Araragi is way to active to be like Meme. He always goes out of his way to stick his nose into things.

Yeah but his approach is like Meme, not the balance aspect but the "I can only offer you my services but only you can help yourself." You see it with Nadeko. If he were Yozuru, he would have just sent Shinobu after her immediately like she wanted but he tried to talk Nadeko down from deepthroating another snake but she didn't want to listen.

>Like you said Hanekawa isn't, the fire sisters sure aren't and Nadeko is unimportant

I was more referring to Araragi, Kanbaru and Hanekawa so you're correct in that the others aren't like him. Also it's not cannibalism because Mayoi doesn't have energy drain and when Yotsugi does it, she doesn't eat people.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.