[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Essential Japanese Animation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Essential Japanese Animation.jpg (2 MB, 1430x4000) Image search: [Google]
Essential Japanese Animation.jpg
2 MB, 1430x4000
What do you think of the chart /a/?

Any important omissions?
>>
>>116205953
>essential
I don't care for any of that crap.
>>
For animation history enthusiasts maybe. I'm not gonna pretend Kaiji is somehow less important a bunch of 60's toei.
>>
Most of this looks like crap.
>he thinks anime is an art form
>>
>oldshit
>>
>>116205953
>/a/
>knowing anything about anime
Wrong place.
>>
that chart is made while wearing nostalgia glasses. fuck this thread
>>
>>116206476
>nostalgia
Nope, it's made by people who know something about the history of anime.
>>
>no Boku no Pico.
>>
Wow, this list actually looks good, good job.

I don't think you can find 8 Man anywhere online though.
>>
>>116206054
>Kaiji is somehow less important a bunch of 60's toei

It almost certainly is less important, thats not to say its better or worse though.
>>
File: 1402448509858.jpg (91 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1402448509858.jpg
91 KB, 600x338
>>116205953
>>
Speaking of charts, why doesn't /tv/ have any good charts for "Hidden Gem TV shows" or "Influential TV shows" or something like that? A look through the archives found tons of shitty movie charts, but none for TV shows. Why is their board so fucking terrible?
>>
>>116206055
How does it feel to be this much of a pleb? Most of it makes up the finest anime ever made.
>>
Where the fuck is LoGH and RoV?
>>
>>116207120
Go and ask them, faggot.

>>116205953
I was expecting Ningen Doubutsuen to be on the list. Most animation enthusiasts cream themselves over it for some reason.
>>
>>116205953
wow gramps, do you really expect me to watch all that gross old stuff?
>>
>>116207120
TV without exceptions is garbage

note that most of the best anime are OVAs and movies
>>
you're missing Mushishi
you're missing Kino
you're missing Kaiji
you're missing Gunbuster
you added Eva
>>
>>116207405
Gunbuster is too serious. Mushishi is TV and post-2000 so you can't have that on the list.
>>
>>116207201
LoGH is overrated massively. The only thing LoGH has going for it is 'the scale of the story' in just about everything else it is outclassed by another show.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.