[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched TTGL for the first time, ask me anything The death
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12
File: Gurren_lagann_cast.jpg (260 KB, 550x812) Image search: [Google]
Gurren_lagann_cast.jpg
260 KB, 550x812
Just watched TTGL for the first time, ask me anything

The death that hit me the hardest was Kittan, I actually choked up a bit. It didnt need to happen

Worst girl is Nia, Worst character is Nia. Wish she didnt exist

The most disappointing aspect of the show for me was the intro scene. After every few episodes I would go back and watch the episode one intro scene and I would get hyped as fuck to eventually see this scene in the future episodes.

Then when Botta randomly transformed during the final battle it made perfect sense, I finally knew who this character in the intro is and im am finally ready to see Simon as he was in the intro scene.

Then after the final credits I was beyond dissapointed. Simon becomes a lowly old digger? he doesnt even venture off in the universe and explorw with Lagann? Just because of this final scene the show went from a 9/10 to a 7/10

What the fuck was the point of the Botta plotline?
>>
>>113336757
can I ask you why you're blogging on /a/
>>
>>113336930
Im here to talk about anime friend!

It seems you may be in the wrong thread if you are trying to do so! SHitposting is not wanted here thank you!
>>
Why would I want to ask you anything?
>>
WHY DID BOOTA TURN BACK INTO A MOLE

PLEASE RESPOND
>>
This kind of thread is becoming way too common.
>>
>>113337274
>>113337224
>>113337045
Why not just talk about the anime instead of shitposting?
>>
File: [ikedan] Yoko01a.jpg (147 KB, 844x1080) Image search: [Google]
[ikedan] Yoko01a.jpg
147 KB, 844x1080
>>113336757
>Then after the final credits I was beyond dissapointed. Simon becomes a lowly old digger?

I thought that was a great poetic ending, but evidently you don't care for those. Regardless, the ending was consistent with Simon's personality in the entire series. He was always a humble type and didn't seek out fame or power but recognized that others wanted it. He had the ability to rise to the occasion and then like Cincinattus, let go the reins of power.
>>
>>113337349
If you don't want posts pointing out how shitty your OP is then don't make a shitty OP.

If you want to talk about the show don't needlessly blog or say "ask me anything" like we specifically care about you or your experience.
>>
>>113337365
He should have atleast married Yoko

They were always meant to end up together

He could of had a humble life with her and he chose to be a homeless nobody
>>
Getter Robo>TTGL
>>
Is this the most emotional roller coaster ride of an anime of all time?
>>
>>113337045
"ask me anything"
don't contradict yourself anon.
>>
>>113337543
What?
>>
>>113337464
>He could of had a humble life with her and he chose to be a homeless nobody

I am not blaming you specifically, but taking advantage of your post which is a clear example of how a lot of fans don't want storytelling. Instead, they want guaranteed happy endings or epic endings no matter what. Thus, musicals, tragedies, poetic stories, artistic shows, and genuine adventure stories with real risk of failure don't get told because these fans hate such shows.

Instead, let's have Simon end up with Yoko. Let's have Kirito juggernaut his way to success no matter the odds. Let's have onii-sama wish away the enemy as if he were a deity. Etcetera. You see the changing culture in games too with impatience, the demands for big flashy rewards for doing little, and the inability to continue playing a game longer than three weeks. It used to be a month, but apparently the trend has been the shortening of player life cycles. Sure, Kirito and Tatsuya are like crack cocaine for those who want big doses of that kind of stuff, but the honest storytelling is gone. Of course, those kinds of fans don't want honest storytelling; they just want more crack cocaine type storytelling with addictive doses of "stuff" happening at regular intervals.
>>
SERIOUSLY WHO IS BOOTA
>>
>>113337895
I wouldnt have cared about the ending if they didnt trick us with the epsiode 1 intro scene. It hyped us up for a Kamina like Simon then when it came to it he was nothing like he was during the final battle
>>
KLK>TTGL
>>
File: 1409966368280.jpg (92 KB, 640x1117) Image search: [Google]
1409966368280.jpg
92 KB, 640x1117
>>
>>113338192
>>113338389
>>
No one gives a fuck about your blog you autistic shit.
>>
>>113338459
let's have a round of applause for /a/ 's commentors
>>
>>113338459
Im not blogging

Just kind of pissed after expecting more out of the episode one prolouge
>>
>>113336757
>I finally knew who this character in the intro is and im am finally ready to see Simon as he was in the intro scene.

OHHHHH BOYYYYY how wrong you are
>>
>>113338559
Care to explain?

Did they just scrap the prologue and act like it never happened?

I googled it and I saw the first result was some dumb theory that it was Kamina's father in the prologue but it wouldn't make sense given he even uses the same name Gurren Laggan

Plus the timeline doesnt fit with the Spiral King
>>
File: 1219560063042.jpg (76 KB, 850x680) Image search: [Google]
1219560063042.jpg
76 KB, 850x680
Simon has parallels to the historical Cincinattus.

>>113337365
Cincinattus:
His immediate resignation of his near-absolute authority with the end of the crisis has often been cited as an example of outstanding leadership, service to the greater good, civic virtue, lack of personal ambition and modesty. Within his lifetime Cincinnatus became a legend to the Romans. Twice granted supreme power, he held onto it for not a day longer than absolutely necessary.

http://www.mountvernon.org/research-collections/digital-encyclopedia/article/cincinnatus/

http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/rulersleaderskings/p/Cincinnatus.htm
>>
>>113338723
Yes I am all okay with that but who was man in the first scene and why awas he with Boota and why did he have Gurren Laggan and even call it by the same name?
>>
>>113338662
It's basically a what if timeline of Simon at the end of the series becoming drunk with power. Probably becoming the reason why all anti spiral hate humans.
>>113336757
Simon didnt like the power mumbo jumbo shit. He admited he didnt like being president or doing any of that.

You should watch the second movie. It's generally better then the second part of the series. The only thing I wish they didnt change was the attempt at suicide. The final boss fight is better too.

And yea, Kittan's death was pretty epic, and was worth it in the series
>>
Writers forgot about it, ret-conned it to alt universe where Spiral Nemesis happened. Also, fuck you, the ending was perfect, and the movie ending just made it better.
>>
>>113338662
I figured it was another timeline, but I liked the kamina's father thing better. And Kamina picked the name gurren lagann because that was the name of the mech in his father's stories
>>
File: 1205439508625.jpg (397 KB, 2042x900) Image search: [Google]
1205439508625.jpg
397 KB, 2042x900
>>
>>113338723

you really need to fucking explain who cincinnatus is?

>mfw no happy ending = shit anime
>>
>>113339031
>You should watch the second movie. It's generally better then the second part of the series.
Nope

>The final boss fight is better too.
Very nope.
>>
>>113339617
The ending was happy. It just unfortunate Simon turned out being a forever alone NEET. He showed so many signs of leadership and growth as an individual and he just threw it all away to be a hermit. Literally his entire character development in the final arc was thrown out the window
>>
>>113339927
>Literally his entire character development in the final arc was thrown out the window

Okay, what was his character development in the final arc?
>>
>>113339984
He finally became his own person like he always tried to achieve.
>>
>>113340062
How was that represented in the final arc? Wasn't that already established in episode 11?
>>
>>113340080
Because he acted like Kamina and I thought it was realyl cool. Then that entire personality reverted!

I just wanted more of the prologue Simon and we never got that. I wanted Star Strek and I got plastic empty ending that just had to do something unexpected for the sake of being unique
>>
>>113340162
Then you actually missed the whole point of the final arc. Prologue Simon was the bad ending, which Simon averted.

And Simon is very different from Kamina - also established in episode 11 and reinforced in 26.
>>
File: fsfsdfdf.png (12 KB, 876x133) Image search: [Google]
fsfsdfdf.png
12 KB, 876x133
I did some digging on google which led me to reddit and apparently the prologue scene was to just cut out after they changed the plans of the plot

I am SERIOUSLY DISAPPOINTED at this. The whole reason I kept watching was for the feeling of that prologue and I feel like I was ripped off. The show just went from a 9/10 to a 5/10 and its really upsetting
>>
>>113339927
I don't understand why so many people are disappointing with the ending. If anything, I would have been more disappointed had Gainax done anything else.
Yes, it's true that part of Simon's development was from basically little guy to a man. But the only reason he did so was because he NEEDED to. There had to be someone to pilot Lagaan.
He did what he did out of necessity. But as soon as leading was no longer necessary, he came back to he was most truly comfortable with being: Simon the Digger.
>>
>>113340302
Its not even the ending its just the lack of continuity really
>>
>>113340302
Are you talking about giving up the Gurren Lagann, or Nia's death?

Because if you're talking about giving up the Gurren Lagann, you're right. He's always just been the guy digging the path, and letting others walk the path he's created.

Nia's death, on the other hand, was unnecessary. (Not because Simon should have chosen otherwise, but because Gainax should never even have made Nia suddenly and magically die in the first place)
>>
Who is the best girl?
>>
>>113340771
IS IT TIME FOR THE SK8ER BOI SONG AGAIN
>>
Just tried episode one of the dub. Holy shit, is there a single worse dub than TTGL?
>>
>>113340978
It's cause Kamina's dub is shit. Everyone else is decent.

By episode 27, Dub Simon is just as good as Jap Simon.
>>
>>113340287
You got exactly what you saw in the opening. Caped Garlock-like guy commands team against overwhelming odds from his giant space ship.
>>
>>113341158
But the real Simon is just a shell of what Prologue Simon was

Two completely different characters
>>
>>113341219
Look, we get it. You like Prologue Simon more than actual Simon, and missed the point of the whole second arc. Can we get past that now?
>>
File: 762.jpg (55 KB, 294x313) Image search: [Google]
762.jpg
55 KB, 294x313
>>113336757
>>
File: 1408820219390.jpg (76 KB, 300x898) Image search: [Google]
1408820219390.jpg
76 KB, 300x898
>>113341265
>past
>>
>>113337464
No, I think YokoxSimon would have been really weird especially because of how they set up that scene of her kissing Kamina and how NaCl Simon was. It would have been like Yoko only liked Simon as a Kamina substitute.
>>
>>113340162
>He finally became his own person like he always tried to achieve.
>Because he acted like Kamina and I thought it was realyl cool. Then that entire personality reverted!
These contradict each other.
Herrmit Simon is Simon being his own person.
>>
>>113341465
But thats not how real life relationaships work

After people die you arent expected you live your life alone. It would be perfectly acceptable if Yoko and Simon found love later in life after all that they have been through
>>
>>113341561
Yeah, but sometimes relationships can never work out because there is just too much history between two people. Obviously you can fall in love again, but idk it would have left a weird taste in my mouth if it was yoko and simon.
>>
Wasn't the prologue supposed to represent if the spiral nemesis had happened or something?
>>
>>113341763
That's the interpretation after the writer changed course, yes.
>>
File: GetterRoboArmageddon.jpg (190 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
GetterRoboArmageddon.jpg
190 KB, 1440x1080
>>113337498
Getter Robo Saga the manga.

The Getter Robo OVAs are insane and make no sense at all.

Getter Robo Armageddon's ending for example has fuckall to do with anything.
>>
>>113341855
>>113341763
Such lazy writing
>>
>>113336757
>The most disappointing aspect of the show for me was the intro scene.
>Not episode 4

>lowly old digger
But he's gotta let himself go on and let the new world take his place. He did his part. It was time for him to go.
>>
>>113336757
The opening scene was a scenario in which Simon uses Spiral Power as much as he wants and Spiral nemesis occurs
>>
>>113343405
source?
>>
>>113343419
Strongly implied, particularly by the title of the last episode.
>>
File: 1384429006639.png (456 KB, 396x446) Image search: [Google]
1384429006639.png
456 KB, 396x446
>>113338192
>people actually have this opinion
>>
File: taka.png (23 KB, 123x123) Image search: [Google]
taka.png
23 KB, 123x123
>>113339809
Very yes.

Besides the Rossiu pawnch missing, it is, and the final fight is so much better.
>>
>>113336757
>Simon becomes a lowly old digger?
Nigga, you forgot that Simon is omnipotent fuck. Doesn't matter what he's doing, he still poses the power that smashed the anti-spiral. Him ending in solitude is the only way to contain that power, it's tragic, yes but because of that it's beautiful.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.