[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Don't use your powers! If you do, we'll all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10
File: Od.jpg (183 KB, 400x569) Image search: [Google]
Od.jpg
183 KB, 400x569
>"Don't use your powers! If you do, we'll all die!"
>Uses powers in the last episode, nothing bad happens.

Fucking why
>>
ham-handed way to get the audience hyped for it
>>
Probably changes in plaaning/budget/time part way though the series in Gatchamans case. Watch the directors cut ending its worth it.
>>
>nothing bad happens
>shit ending
>>
File: usopp-n.jpg (32 KB, 530x530) Image search: [Google]
usopp-n.jpg
32 KB, 530x530
>"Don't use your powers! If you do, you'll die!"
>uses powers in third episode
>actually dies
>>
I thought him using his powers was supposed to kill everybody else, not himself.
>>
>>110844300
>Something bad happens
>edgy as fuck!
>>
>>110844146
Wasnt it everyone else will die, not him?
At the end he went i can do this and controlled himself
>>
File: unsheath THIS.gif (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
unsheath THIS.gif
2 MB, 640x480
>>110844351
>main evil dude tells main character he's destined to kill everyone as an avatar of death
>b-b-but the power of friendship!
>MC actually becomes evil and kills everyone
>>
>>110844146
I thought it was just that OD was powering up and Berg cut it short.
>>
>>110844617
He either contained his orgasm or had it contained for him thats clear. It wasn't just that nothing happened.
>>
>>110844146
He hold back in the end, besides Paiman was always apprehensive and only stopped being a pussy in the last episodes. I wouldn't trust his judgement
>>
File: 1396926881134.jpg (198 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1396926881134.jpg
198 KB, 1920x1080
>>110844146
This and Hajime's marysue-ness are the only things I dislike about Crowds. Cthuko finally released ep 11 and 12, so I might marathon it soon.

Are there any significant differences between TV and BD, by the way?
>>
That reminds me, has there been any news on when Season 2 releases?
>>
>>110844878
The director's cut of the final episode (that came with the BDs) is like waaaay extended.
>>
>>110844965
and generally gives far better closure
>>
>>110844829
Fair enough, I'll chalk this one up to Paiman being a faggot.

Will he be less of a faggot in S2?
>>
>>110844878
Don't forget about the shitty politics.
It was probably written by a 11 years old.
>>
>>110844146
I'm still mad he didn't do shit. He was probably the only good character of the show. Gatchamen are shit. CROWDs are shit. Berg is ok.
>>
File: 1396403433487.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1396403433487.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
>>110844965

I already watched that, I'm not really sure why it's called a director's cut. It only makes sense to me as a supplement to the episode 12 that aired on TV, not a replacement.

But I was wondering if anything has been changed or improved for the BDs in episode 1-11
>>
File: cHZfkDb.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cHZfkDb.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1080
Do you think giraffe qt will be in season 2?
>>
>>110845169
the world in crowds was obviously somewhat idealized/whimsical compared to the real world

if you've played the mother series it felt a lot like that
>>
>>110845290
Giraffe girl for new Gatchaman.
>>
>power is that literally everything you touch turns to sad
>hold back your power
>destroy everything within a 4 mile radius despite being miles underground

They kinda fucked up the fight scene but his powers were seriously OP.
I'd love to hear that Berg tricked him to go overload and OD actually destroyed his entire planet out of rage or something.
>>
>>110845169
please elaborate
>written by a 11 years old.
Way to make your case
>>
>>110844878
> Hajime's marysue-ness

This kind of bothered me too but somehow it was, I dunno, mitigated? by the feeling that Hajime wasn't even so much a character or person as she was a concept or a force of nature.
>>
>>110845307
>Neo-CROWDS are all evil people who fight Gatchaman for no real reason, even if they know they can't do shit to them
>The first minister is dumb as shit
>Military are dumb too

It's one of the most unrealistic things I've seen. I'm not a realism faggot but when you want to talk about serious matters like politics, TV journals and things like that, you should do it well.
>>
>>110845508
>>The first minister is dumb as shit
>>Military are dumb too
>
>It's one of the most unrealistic things I've seen. I'm not a realism faggot but when you want to talk about serious matters like politics, TV journals and things like that, you should do it well.

That is pretty accurate.
>>
>>110845508
Its pretty rare for any specific elements in a show to be nuanced and given depth with only 12 episodes nowadays. Something with 50 that kind of non steotyped characterization is much more acheivable.
>>
>>110845341
sand* not sad

>>110845169
Really? I thought it did it decently and actually protrayed humanity in the correct light.
Namely that we're a bunch of lazy boring fucks who want to change the world but the system doesn't let a single person do a single thing on their own so we get discouraged and move on to more enjoyable things.

That part where the neo-crowds just say fuck it when they've been randomly vandalizing for the sake of vandalizing is something I would see /b/ do for a day or so and just give up from being born since they can't actually change anything.

>>110845493
You're actually right.

Hajime is the paragon and virtue of Goodness.
JJ is the paragon of neutrality.
Berg is the paragon of evil.

And everyone else is grey, trying to fit somewhere in the world while these three forces shape the characters.

>>110845508
>>Neo-CROWDS are all evil people who fight Gatchaman for no real reason, even if they know they can't do shit to them
I thought they just wanted to change the world and just went along with whatever since they had no clue what to do. So fighting the Gatchaman was at least something.
PM knows he has no powers overall.
Military can't do shit to Crowds powers.
>>
>>110845508
I understand where you're coming from, and I feel that way with a lot of shows where they forsake realism and it ends up detracting from the overall quality horribly.

For some reason I was able to look past it in Crowds because I felt like it was intentional. The characters aren't supposed to feel like real people, they're supposed to act whimsical, and the show doesn't take place in the real world. It's supposed to give off a weird otherworldly vibe.
>>
>>110845508
> Neo-CROWDS are all evil people

They weren't evil. They were just regular humans, with regular human desires and flaws, given too much power with no guidance on how to use it.

That was one of the major themes of the show: People are people; they just need a catalyst for their empathy so that we can create a better world.

> The first minister is dumb as shit

Pfft. And that's not realistic? Have you seen the kind of shit cockbags like Cameron and Abbott spout on a daily basis?

> Military are dumb too

Fair enough. I'm willing to accept this of a similar train of thought as >>110845307 regarding the somewhat "whimsical" world that the show takes place in.
>>
>>110845493
Yeah, she was obviously supposed to stand out as a complete opposite of Berg. Thought I could have forgiven all her Manic Pixie Marysueness if she had become visibly fatter from all the junk she was eating toward the end of the series. Waifufags getting mad would have been great to see, too
>>
>>110845834
Yeah but all of the Neo-CROWDS were destroying the city. It'd have been better if they had shown us some Neo-CROWDS telling their buddies to stop doing shit, you know ? Instead we only saw MUH SECRET CROWD CLUB let's destroy the city guys.

I like where the show tried to go, but the way it did doesn't really satisfy me. It could've been a lot more subtle.
That's sad, because I loved the idea of GALAX at the beginning. It's really smart.
>>
File: 1397281686531.png (1 MB, 1124x1124) Image search: [Google]
1397281686531.png
1 MB, 1124x1124
>>110845925
>Though I could have forgiven
>>
>>110844146
>expecting logic in complete garbage filled with autism

Fucking why
>>
File: 1382771222247.jpg (784 KB, 945x946) Image search: [Google]
1382771222247.jpg
784 KB, 945x946
>>110845834
>>110845991

My memory might be completely off here, but didn't the neo-CROWDS users lose control of their power at some point? As I recall, Umeda woke up from his coma when his Neo was defeated, I guessed the same applied to all the others
>>
>>110846125

Name a few series from 2013 that were better
>>
>>110845925
>>110845718
> Hajime is the paragon and virtue of Goodness.

It also helps that her name literally means "origin", and the juxtaposition with Berg in this sense works great with the ending.

Actually now that I think about it, the ending was so thematically complete that I have no idea where they could possibly take it in the second season.
>>
>>110844300
that's not what made it shit

>>110845026
still didnt save it from its shit ending
>>
>>110845991
Imagine if /b/ had been given Crowd powers.
That's what happened.

All the Neo-Crowds were people whom where not suppose to be given powers since they would abuse it, hence why Trap-kun (forgot his name) put them on a black list.
And you expect them to just have them waste minutes by having buddies tell them to stop shit when they can do anything without repercussions?

Just image this show as archetypes of 4chan and it works.

Crowds is actually 4chan
Neo-Crowds was /b/
JJ is moot, he chooses to gets to be a mod and does nothing, only working in the background.
The Gatchaman were Mods/Janitors who take care of disposing the MESS in the background without most people noticing. Hajime gets the Gatchaman to say fuck you JJ, we need to work with the people to figure shit out which could be interpreted as Mods and Janitors needing to know board culture rather than just ban everyone for whatever reason and not knowing what to do.
Berg is trolls/shitposter
Mess is shitposting or poor quality posts (or negative impression by people depending on how you view it)
Hajime is the ideal of a person on the internet
Everyone else was the internet at large.

Rui is /a/ who wants the cancer to be over.

>>110846239
No clue either.

Though, logically, with everyone having a Crowd, the world would be at peace. All wars would be technically stopped since no one can invade anyone else. It would just be a battle of who has the biggest army of Crowds since they all relatively have the same strength and normal guns can't harm them.

The world is saved, the world is now a better place, despite some uncertainty and people abusing the Crowds for vandalism, it's still a a completed ending.
>>
>>110846637
Fuck, it makes sense. I love you.
>>
>>110846224
You serious?
Monogatari SS, Servant x Service, Love Lab were great.

Gatchaman Crowds was painful to watch mostly because every character was obnoxious and utter shit.
>>
>>110846637
Rui rui dresses like a cute girl and runs a major online community that he loses control over. Obviously, he is moot.
>>
>>110846637
>Just image this show as archetypes of 4chan and it works.
Considering CROWDS is pretty much Hindi mythology mixed with 2ch, you hit the nail in the damn head.
>>
>>110847012
Nah, that's JJ.

Seriously, guy in power does nothing, sits back and lets it all happen while his subordinates (mods) take care of the smaller issues without being seen (moot saying he wants bans to become more invisible)

The more I compare this show to 4chan, the more I notice how similar it actually is to a funny degree.

>>110847391
>Hindi mytho
Really?
>>
>>110847012
JJ being Moot is still a better analogy.

Ruirui is literally /a/'s dream: shitloads of money and free time, lives alone, he's cute, dresses like a girl and can pass as a magnificent trap, has cute girlfriends, etc.
>>
>>110847551
Yeah. If only I had the chart that linked every Gatchaman with a Deva... I only remember OD was compared to Garuda.
>>
File: 1379719553891.jpg (3 MB, 4970x1738) Image search: [Google]
1379719553891.jpg
3 MB, 4970x1738
>>110847551
>Really?
>>
>>110846811
>every character was obnoxious and utter shit

NO THEYRE NOT YOU AUSPERGIC FAGGOT could be considered a valid refutation of that criticism. Besides, there's other stuff that makes G:C great.

>Love Lab
it must have improved immensely after the first four episodes to be called great
>Servant x Service
It was a decent comedy in the beginning, before turning to LOL TITS, HAHA LUCY and the supervisor guy's sister being dense. Oh and a boring romance. How is this show notable in any way?
>>
>>110847718
Well shit.
I don't know much about Hindi mythology but this is pretty extensive.
>>
>>110847718
AH YES THIS ONE

Thanks kind anon
>>
>>110846637
>Mess is shitposting or poor quality posts (or negative impression by people depending on how you view it)

Therefore mess being redeemed is the acceptance of "shitposting as part of our culture" and thus you get /s4s/ and their :^) face.
>>
>>110848343
More like the MESS stop spewing black goo shit (shitpost) and just live calmly in their own region (/s4s/).

Though it could be interpreted as people doing the shitpost or poor quality post or the outcome shitpost.
I prefer if its people in general not shitposting anymore in that ending, though it works with Janitors (Gatchaman) cleaning up the MESS.
>>
>>110847718
Well i'm out of words, that's really cool. I will also never get over how good these suit designs are, i don't have idea neither about what could be done in a second season but these armors certainly need more screen time.
>>
>>110845274
>I was wondering if anything has been changed or improved for the BDs in episode 1-11

bumping in hopes that someone has answers
>>
File: Commissar Fucklaw.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Commissar Fucklaw.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>110848664
>Capcom will never reinstate their Tatsunoko licensee and make TvC2 featuring these guys and the Samurai Pizza Cats
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.