[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /a/, what's your favorite dub?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
GitS: SAC dub will always be my favorite in terms of dub quality and acting.
>>
The only correct answer is "none". Dubs are inherently inferior to subs and only retards who can't read enjoy them.
>>
>>141946803

Mostly anything by the following studios:

1. Bang Zoom

2. Studiopolis

3. New Generation Pictures

4. Animaze

5. Salamis Studios
>>
In b4 none--

>>141946861

ah, shit.

Favorite's probably Bebop, it's the only one I can name without any wooden acting or poorly cast actors.

FLCL is tied with Bebop, since it did something fucking insane (combining heavy localization with use of Japanese honorifics) and made it work, plus the casting was approved of by the original director.

Key the Metal Idol's up there since even though it's not amazing it's one of the few dubs actually markedly better than the sub.

And the Streamline dub of Dirty Pair: Project EDEN is on there for being sheer amazing 80s cheese.

>character falls on Kei, accidentally gropes her breasts
>"Whaddaya think they are? Braille?"
>>
File: guns.png (115 KB, 376x1353) Image search: [Google]
guns.png
115 KB, 376x1353
I've read that Black Lagoon has a decent dub. Unfortunately, the first season is so-so, but the second barrage is alright. Americans just can't pronounce japanese names.
>>
Panty and Stocking
>>
>>141949787
i watched the sub and there were a lot of jokes missing in that one
>>
>>141946803

None. Dubs are automatically meme-tier.
>>
>>141946803
Bible Black
>>
>>141949877
All those Engrish jokes are replaced with F-bombs.

I like it.
>>
>>141946803
Golden Boy's dub surpasses the original audio, and is the best dub of all time.
>>
>>141946803

RahXephon was decent.
>>
>>141948292
Bandai had pretty good dubs too, too bad they died
>>
Dragon Ball Z Kai

https://u.pomf.is/mquotf.webm

https://a.pomf.cat/isqjtj.webm
>>
>>141946803
For me it's Girls und Panzer
>>
I like the dub of Trigun more than the sub
>>
>>141946803

Codea Geass' dub was pretty solid, considering no English VA could've pulled Lloyd's voice.
>>
>>141949698
The Black Lagoon dub was actually made in Canada
>>
Outlaw Star
Dragon Ball/Z
Golden Boy
Black Lagoon
Haruhi
B Gata H Kei
Bebop
Berserk

Those are the best dubs I've seen
>>
>>141953465
I liked Lloyd's english VA

the only voice that really didn't fit was Kallen
>>
>>141946803
This is.>>141949522
>>
>>141953722

I liked it too. Most subs-purists parrot the fuck out of that though.
>>
Cromartie High School, The Big O!, Castle of Cagliostro, Haruhi, Durarara!!, and Death Note.
>>
>>141946803
the only murriclap dub that didnt make me want to kill myself is Space Dandy
>>
File: GTO.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
GTO.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
GTO had a decent sub, until the episode where they students are dressed up as gangsters or some shit and you can totally tell its them from the voices.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-12-13-08-49.png (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-12-13-08-49.png
1 MB, 2560x1440
Love Hina, the English voices are so comical it amplifies the comedy.
>>
>>141955206

nnnnno, I'm just another anon who likes dubs
>>
>>141946803
Baccano!

That is all.
>>
>>141946803
Ghost Stories / Desert Punk
>>
Hellsing Ultimate
Crispin Freeman was great as Alucard
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.