[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I liked the dub. Actually had a 10 year old girl voice her.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: CC667.jpg (386 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
CC667.jpg
386 KB, 800x500
I liked the dub. Actually had a 10 year old girl voice her.
>>
File: kawiugu.png (91 KB, 192x191) Image search: [Google]
kawiugu.png
91 KB, 192x191
>>141897470
Am I kawaii, uguu?
>>
File: 1463957364048.png (245 KB, 346x427) Image search: [Google]
1463957364048.png
245 KB, 346x427
>>141897470
>Sakura Avalon
>Madison Taylor
>>
>>141897470
People always jump at the chance to shit on the Nelvana dub for changing shit but they actually didn't change that much. Most of the changes were brought on by 4kids, or KidsWB or whatever it was called at the time, they were the ones who aired the episodes out of order and tried to retool the show to look like Lee was the main character, which all turned out to be a spectacular failure.

Alot of people don't recognize the fact that Nelvana did actually dub all the episodes and the movies, but I'm not sure if they were all released. I wish we could get a full DVD set of the dub. I have only one DVD of it containing only 3 episodes. The dub's music was also really good too.
>>
>>141898867
Wait so they dubbed everything? including the confession scenes, the gay bits etc?
>>
>>141899034
The gay parts were pretty much the ONLY major thing that Nelvana did change, everything else was 4kids trying to fuck with it.
>>
>>141897470
Were you a 90s child too?
>>
Personally I find children's voices displeasing to listen to. But I still rather have actual children voice these characters. What does Japan have against that? Is it a honor thing? Japan always prefers to give their buttbudies the job instead of people with actual talent.
>>
File: kero see ya.jpg (165 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
kero see ya.jpg
165 KB, 1440x1080
>>141897470

and yet she sounded too deep for her age.

I haven't seen the show in years but I remember Matt Hill's Kero being great and funny. which is amusing since he usually hit or miss as a VA.
>>
>>141897470
>10 year old girl voice her.

Unfortunately, she sounded like one of those bratty 10 year olds
>>
>>141899034
They dubbed all 70 episodes and the first movie. I'm not sure how much of the romance stuff they cut, if any, aside from the gay shit.
>>
>>141899034
They aired all 70 episodes in the UK and Oceania. The Oceania airing used this OP, and the VHSs/DVDs had an English version of Groovy as well, though the TV airing didn't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VetD7BrW-g
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.