[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Torrenting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
I am planning on getting into torrenting. Is there any recomendation for software or sites to use? Anywhere I can get an invite to a private tracker?
>>
use deluge
>>
File: 1462734362826.jpg (32 KB, 371x415) Image search: [Google]
1462734362826.jpg
32 KB, 371x415
Use either Qbittorrent, deluge or transmission. Don't use Utorrent, it's shite pleb tier.

For finding torrents I suggest using google search engine. Also pirate bay website if you google piratebay.

For torrenting anime nyaa.se is best for newer shows and bakabt.me for older shows, they tend to have lots of seeds.
>>
File: Private Trackers.png (303 KB, 1409x1687) Image search: [Google]
Private Trackers.png
303 KB, 1409x1687
Kickasstorrents is another good general site for everything and, in my opinion, better than TBP, but maybe that's just me.
Rutracker is also another general site, but it's all in Russian, so use Chrome to make an account.

For anime, there's also AnimeBytes, which is pretty easy to get into, since you just have to write an application, show that you know what leeching, seeding, and a ratio is, and that you actually like anime and such and you should be fine.
By the way, you don't need an account for BakaBT, just Google search "720 [anime] Bakabt" to save yourself a lot of trouble.

For music, there's What.cd. You need to go through quite a few hoops to get in with the rigorous application/test. Seems the "whatinterviewprep" site doesn't exist anymore, so check this link and scroll to the bottom if you don't want to read for both what.cd and Rutracker guides. http://4chanmusic.wikia.com/wiki/Obtaining_Music

For games, there's Blackcats Games and Gazelle Games. Blackcats isn't so great (it has a decent amount of stuff though) and Gazelle Games isn't open for registration.

Refer to my image for anything else that might interest you. It might be a little outdated, but it's good info.
>>
>>122007
>By the way, you don't need an account for BakaBT,
You do now, they changed the way they work.
>>
>>122032

You sure? I've downloaded three or so torrents within the past two weeks without logging in. I do have an actual account though. I don't use it that much and I remember a few threads about that on /a/, so you're probably right.

Also, I forgot one site, but it is listed on the image I posted.

If you want Asian films, try AsiaTorrents, or as they're newly called, AvistaZ. From what I can tell with my limited knowledge/interest of Asian movies, their collection seems pretty decent. But, as I'm not familiar with them, it could be bad, like with Blackcats, despite having a large collection.

Also also, since you're new to torrenting, make sure that you seed things on actual relevant sites that you needed to pass an application to get into, otherwise you'll be banned. AnimeBytes is pretty lenient, since they only really want you to keep your ratio at okay numbers and there's a site currency that you get from leaving torrents running that lets you buy upload credit.

This is helpful, since private tracker torrents don't usually have good ways of seeding outside of uploading your own content. So, just be aware of that.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.