[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone translate this text?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: i1234^cimgpsh_orig.png (1 MB, 956x1280) Image search: [Google]
i1234^cimgpsh_orig.png
1 MB, 956x1280
One of my girlfriend's japanese coworkers gave her a drawing of her with her saying this. he won't tell her what it means. can anyone translate what it says?
>>
>>97480
ここで、あなたが探して...
"Here I was looking for you..."

"What?"

ガノラ... it's blurry though.
Ganora. Her artist name I suppose.
>>
>>97480
(me again) you're gonna get cucked m8. I'd feel weird having some dude writing cringy secretly romantic things like that to my gf. You probably want to clear things up.
>>
>>97487
>>97487
she has pretty damn low self-esteem and good art of her boosts it immensely. i feel absolutely weird about it and i don't like why he's doing it, but he DOES draw everyone and she seems pretty contented by an attractive depicition of her (although she's already pretty enough imo). if it becomes clear he's making romantic advances i'm going to intervene.
>>
>>97487
i was mostly concerned it said something lewd. one of my friends is learning japanese and he recognized one of the verbs as meaning "probe" and i got pretty damn worried. thank you so much for your help, though.
>>
>>97496
>>97498
Yeah I mean don't take my stranger's opinion too seriously, I'd hate to induce dramas if the guy doesn't have any ill intentions. Showing jealous feelings to your girlfriends would also be a big no, trust me, in these cases playing it cool and friendly is best. Showing weakness is unattractive.

And nah it's absolutely not lewd. Still weird kinda? But well you'll see. The verb is 探す, look it up on jisho.org for a full breakdown.
>>
>>97485
interesting how Japanese relates to Chinese. "何" is also "what" in Chinese, but only used in a formal or poetic way. And of course pronounced different
>>
>>97485
>ガノラ Ganora
カシラ Kashira
Sounds better to me
>>
>>97518
Most Kanji were borrowed from China and they all kept their original meanings. Only few Kanji were actually made in Japan.

>>97535
Yeah I saw it after pressing enter.
>>
>>97535
or カツラ.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.