[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was going to post this on >>>/gd/ but the sticky told
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 10
I was going to post this on >>>/gd/ but the sticky told me to go here.

I am getting a firearm laser engraved for my fathers birthday, with our family coat of arms. The manufacturer states I need "a high resolution graphic in pure black and white or a vectored image.", or else I have to pay a $50.00 fee for them to vector it.

Can someone please make pic related into "a high resolution graphic in pure black and white or a vectored image."
>>
>>97177
Download adobe illustrator and convert it yourself with the click of a button.
>>
>>97177
it's way too detailed. it probably will take hours to make it look good (adobe illustrator have a tool called image trace for quicly converting pics into vectors but i doubt the results will look good since it has too many details and the resolution isn't high.)
i'm not working today and i certainly could do it but i don't know if i should invest that much time working for free.
>>
>>97181
I don't own a computer, but thanks for the suggestion.
>>
File: 1444044752787.webm (2 MB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
1444044752787.webm
2 MB, 1136x640
>>97185
>i'm not working today and i certainly could do it but i don't know if i should invest that much time working for free.

Come on, you know you werent going to do anything but shitpost all day anyway. Help an anon out.
>>
>>97186
instead of paying 50$ you can offer something like 10$ on here and you could some good results.
anyways here's a link to a design contest website on which people post request and offer money (any price you're willing to pay) for small designed stuff.
>https://forums.digitalpoint.com/forums/design-contests.94/
>>
File: Untitled.png (426 KB, 1472x1484) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
426 KB, 1472x1484
>>97177
Not my best work ever, but have this anyway.

For an engraving, it should be more than good enough.
>>
>>97190
Thanks for the info. I have done several transactions with /k/ommandos that went well, but a few years back I got burned for $30 on 4chan, so I havent done it since. It is 4chan after all. Thanks for the link, I may look into that

>>97194
Thank you very much kind anon. I will send this to them and see if its adequate. If you have the time, I would greatly appreciate your best work. Have a loli in return
>>
you'd almost be better off printing it out and tracing it
>>
File: crest_but_not_the_toothpaste.png (339 KB, 7360x7420) Image search: [Google]
crest_but_not_the_toothpaste.png
339 KB, 7360x7420
>>97253
here's what I got

a bit rough, but bigger
>>
>>97281
When I try to save this it just ends up as a solid black image.
Great job though
>>
File: crest2.png (420 KB, 7360x7420) Image search: [Google]
crest2.png
420 KB, 7360x7420
>>97287
what are you trying to save it on to?

here's one on a white background
>>
File: downloadfile-2.jpg (61 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile-2.jpg
61 KB, 300x400
>>97290
Onto a Samsung Galaxy S4. That one seemed to save fine. Thank you very much anon.

It looks great to my untrained eyes, but you implied that it was "rough". Could I be a complete and total nitpicking faggot and ask you to make it not rough?
>>
File: quad01.png (45 KB, 424x449) Image search: [Google]
quad01.png
45 KB, 424x449
>>97293
>>97293
one of the qualities of vector graphics is the use of the bézier curves for smooth curves and razor sharp edges. in the pic that >>97290 upload if you zoom in you can see how the corners and edges are all mess up it needs a major clean up if you want a high quality vector.
>>
>>97293
well, I have no idea how small the end logo would be or how exact the laser-ing will be

if you were going to make it the full size of the side of the stock, you might notice it a bit...but if it's only going to be like an inch or two, I wouldn't worry about it
>>
File: 20160408_135618.jpg (61 KB, 354x254) Image search: [Google]
20160408_135618.jpg
61 KB, 354x254
>>97302
Yes, I did zoom in and the pixels and jaggedness of the edges was pretty clear.
The manufacturers website states"high definition advertizing posters are 300 dpi (dots per inch). Our machines are capable or 1200 dpi, and we typically do not engrave at less than 580 dpi".
Sorry I am quite illiterate on the subject of graphic design.

>>97310
It would at most be about 3x3 inches in the circled area in this image. Probably closer to 2x2 inches. I would of course like the engraving to be crisp and clean looking, but it doesnt have to be microscopic detail. It just has to look nice to the naked eye.
>>
File: Untitled-2.png (32 KB, 459x558) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.png
32 KB, 459x558
>>97325
we were talking about in general

yes, the edges are very fine, but some of the area were a little misshapen due to the quality of the image and how it translated the image shapes to vector(ed) shapes

at that size I wouldn't worry about it; I believe the attached image is the approximate scale on an 8.5x11 paper at 1200...so yeah, more than capable of 2" or 3" at the max

if you were really worried about it, I'd suggest you (or someone) printing off the image, and using a sharpie to smooth anything that looks out of place...and or to fill in areas a little more
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.