[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you know any web developers that don't make your website
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: let the green flow thru u.jpg (23 KB, 450x320) Image search: [Google]
let the green flow thru u.jpg
23 KB, 450x320
Do you know any web developers that don't make your website look like college-tier b.s.?

Thanks,

Concerned Junkie
>>
>>97049
Yes.
>>
>>97059
Would you elaborate?
>>
>>97060
I am one (well, more of a general custom software dev, but that does include web applications and sites).

I also have a few friends who are quite solid web devs.

What of it?
>>
>>97061

The company I work for wants to hire a web dev to create them a new website that competes with the bigger name sites' design/layout/appeal.

When I research local companies, the sites in their portfolios look like 2nd year uni projects. Most of the sites don't even have the same layout as what is represented on the portfolio.
>>
>>97066
Go check freelancing websites or something.

I don't know where you're located, but most devs definitely suck ass. Leaving the design/layout/appeal out (really, for that you just need to provide your requirements to a properly graduated graphics designer, and give the design to a dev who knows his CSS), the vast majority of professional devs have shit efficiency and security (ie OWASP compliance. Go run ZAPP at most sites, even big name ones, and you'll be surprised).

It's a shame, but that's how shit works. I work from a small town in Latin America, and of course, I don't know anybody else that doesn't suck hard around here. The friends who I'm telling you about are on the same boat, one living in britain and one in japan.

What does this have to do with /wsr/ though? Didn't you make a mistake, posting in the wrong board instead of /g/?

You can delete your own thread here.
>>
Felt like more of a request to ask people if they knew where to find any/which companies to seek.

After all, the stickied post says "any work safe request." I'll admit I didn't word it to say exactly that.

Either way, thanks for the push in the right direction.
>>
>>97066
Just install wordpress, then find a wordpress site you like the look of, view source, and hire whoever created the template.

Or, if the template is off-the-shelf, then result.
>>
>>97069
If this was posted on /g/ it would devolve into shitposting pretty quickly. They get touchy about web stuff
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.