[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HP Elitebook 2530p not booting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: ad189fc3cc.jpg (584 KB, 706x600) Image search: [Google]
ad189fc3cc.jpg
584 KB, 706x600
Hello, everyone. I have an HP Elitebook 2530p that won't boot. His battery LED keeps flashing constantly. The notebook is connected to the AC power and it does not have a battery (the previous owner removed it). I have already tried 2 power supplies, the first one was a universal one, the other was designed to supply exactly the voltage and the current needed (18.5 V @ 3.5 A). Has anyone of you solved this kind of problem before? Thanks in advance.
>>
Tried booting it by jumping it instead of pressing the power button, check everything is plugged in internally, then call hp support.

Never buy consumer tier hp, its garbage
>>
OP here, what do you mean by jumping? Do I have to short some pins of the battery or do something else?
>>
>>96481
Yes on the mother board where the power switch would usually jump it you touch it with a pin or something. Wear a rubber glove and use a sewing pin.
>>
>>96472
>the previous owner removed it
They probably removed it because the laptop is a dud and they can sell the battery separate.
>>
Probably true, but I got two of these, two more different laptops and a box full of boards for 20€, so I can't complain.
>>
>>96494
Dude you know you can clixl the post number to reply... N00b at 9 o clock
>>
>>96501
Thanks man, but don't be so edgy.
>>
>>96494
>job lot of duds/"not tested" shit
Main problem with those is most of the time all the good stuff has already been stripped so even the resale value of the parts you can salvage isn't that great.
You might get lucky though and be able to swap the motherboard from one to the other laptop if you got two the same and say a broken screen or missing shit on one.
>>
>>96528
I somehow managed to find a 2 GB stick of DDR2 in one, also I'll keep the network card and the DVD drives and sell them separately. I also found a windows 7 x86 DVD, which is not much considering the fact that I have a legit Ultimate license, but whatever.
>>
>>96542
If the screens are not broken you might get away with selling those as replacements for people with broken ones. Though you will have to be able to at least get to a bios screen to even test them, which is the hard part.
>>
>>96544
I think i'll sell them untested, I still can make the money back.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.