[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Windows 10 question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 251x179) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 251x179
I recently picked up an used second-hand PC monitor to finally complete my 3 screen setup.
But here comes the problem, I am using a laptop and connecting the 2 other screens with HDMI and the other with VGA.
I can't ever get Win 10 to run in all 3 screens. However, VGA+build-in or Build-in+HDMI or HDMI+VGA all works fine. I just can't get all 3 on at the same time.
>some specs
>Intel 3920M
>AMD 7970M

If more info is required please tell me.
>>
>>96067
You've only got two actual DACs, that you can switch between the three ports.

Get a USB3 dock.
>>
>>96069
Wait, what do you mean? DACs?
>>
>>96067
the hdmi and vga are on the same external output chip. its either output not both simultanously. so max 2 screens.
>>
>>96069
>>96071
I thought HDMI is a digital format?
Why would it take up a Digital Analog Converter?
>>
>>96089
But I could get it to put out HDMI+VGA.
>>
>>96067
Never mind, thanks for the help. I searched up some articles and they indicated that my computer can only push 2 screens at once, unless I were to get my hands on some external "active" converters. Thanks for the help /wsr
>>
>>96093
Yeah, good catch, Captain Accuracy.

Historically, monitors were VGA, and the devices that outputted from the framebuffer to the VGA port was called a RAMDAC, or DAC for short.

So now, technically, the devices that output from the framebuffer to an HDMI port should be called a "DDCs", but they're not.

Maybe you should start a campaign.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.