[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Laptop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
I can't tell what's good, and what's shit with laptops. I'd like something that's sturdy that'll last awhile, but I understand that's silly with my price range.

My range is about 200-260, and I just need something decent because my current laptop is broken.

Here's a dank rare pepe for your troubles.
>>
>>95989
>My range is about 200-260
Pesos? Lira? Rupees?
>>
File: 2682832-1-dollar-bill-front.jpg (126 KB, 1200x615) Image search: [Google]
2682832-1-dollar-bill-front.jpg
126 KB, 1200x615
>>95990
>>
>>95989
>I'd like something that's sturdy that'll last awhile, but I understand that's silly with my price range.
>My range is about 200-260
Used Thinkpad.

You're a little low for a Sandy Bridge one (x220, t420), but it's not completely ridiculous or out of the question.

x Thinkpads are superlight, t Thinkpads are medium-sized and thin. There's also l Thinkpads (not-thin), and p Thinkpads (mobile workstations), but they may well be out of your price range.

Shop around and you should probably be able to find an x220 or t420 with a reasonable spec, and you can add RAM and an mSATA SSD later if you feel the need. Note that Sandy Bridge doesn't support Intel Rapid Start, so you may be better replacing the HDD with an SSD.
>>
>>95989
No matter what brand/model you buy, make sure to get one with at least 4GB of RAM.

Swap out the HDD with a SSD if possible, it makes huge differences.

If you are fine with refurbished ones from Lenovo: http://outlet.lenovo.com/outlet_us/laptops/?menu-id=laptops#facet-1=1,2,3,4&facet-4=1&facet-9=4,5,6&facet-10=8

If you get the cheapest one on that list ($210), then you can get a 120GB solid state drive ($50) and stay at the upper limit of your budge.
>>
>>96034
This:
http://outlet.lenovo.com/outlet_us/itemdetails/20DEX002US/445

It is basically this with lower spec, design is about the same: http://www.mobiletechreview.com/notebooks/Lenovo-ThinkPad-E450.htm
>>
>>96040
>http://outlet.lenovo.com/outlet_us/itemdetails/20DEX002US/445
>>96034
Note that the Thinkpad E (Thinkpad Edge) is the Celeron of Thinkpads, and doesn't have the build quality that a real Thinkpad does. It's essentially a consumer laptop with a Thinkpad paint job.

It might be worth looking around for a proper Thinkpad; something like cgi.ebay.com/381327064981 is older, but it's a full-fat Thinkpad, and it'll last far longer than "a while".
>>
If you can splurge at all, you can get a decent Toshiba Satellite for $280-$300, maybe cheaper if you look. They've been my go-to for as far back as I remember.
>>
>>96018
This.
x, t and w are the only good ones though.
You can get them pretty cheap (I paid around $200 for mine iirc). Don't expect amazing battery life unless you buy a new battery though.
>>
>>96079
Satellite is Toshiba's toy range; if you do want a Toshiba*, at least get a Satellite Pro.

* you can't spell Toshiba without "shit".
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.